[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so very very very wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 9

File: 1233535.jpg (46KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
1233535.jpg
46KB, 460x215px
What went so very very very wrong?
>>
>>383142694
mod was great
standalone is shit and took too long
>>
>>383142694

nothing, the game is better than any other survival game out there and is amazing.

100.000+ positive reviews

it only has mixed reviews because it is extremely anti-casual and casuals don't like perma-death or a real simulation and complex game.
>>
>>383143250
no sweetie, "casuals" didn't buy this game
>>
early access shit
>>
>>383143250
>mostly negative recent reviews
lol k faggot. go ahead and keep shilling your "muh hardcore realistic permadeath meme" game. hit me up when the game is out of alpha after almost four years.
>>
>>383143413
>>383143337

t. casuals who can't into simulation games
>>
>>383142694
Why do people not understand firstly the ARMA engine was always clunky and slow because 1. It simulated the realistic nature of slow human movements as opposed to jumping,sprinting ,running and spinning at 100 miles an hour like soldiers in BF and CoD, 2. The engine needed to render AI and objects even 10s of miles away for realism, and 3. Bohemia were a small studio and for the most part average coders so it's a buggy mess too.

Now the standalone DayZ was a cash in on the popularity of the DayZ mod which in itself was only profitable by providing sales to ARMA 2 so naturally theyd make it standalone to sell more and profit directly off the mod, and they obviously needed to use the same engine as it was the dark and slow moving terror of the mod which made it popular. The problem of course is that as I said the ARMA engine was never meant to go beyond slow moving gun focused skirmishes. Not close combat melee hitting zombies.

No game has found the perfect balance between being unclunky but slow paced yet. No other zombie game or mod has come close to DayZ (mod, I haven't played the standalone) in terms of experiences. They're just too unrealistic and arcadey.

Now of course Bohemia could put more effort into making the game more smooth and bug ree but why bother when they earn enough money and praise off idiot kids and impatient fools buying the standalone before it's even out of Alpha. I absolutely despise Early Access, it is completely flawed and highlights the greed and laziness in humans especially when there is no real obligation to actually finish the product. I mean look at Starforge, those devs delivered about 10% of what was promised in that game and released it as finished. People were outraged but they had made the money, and not only that they fucking went and made another game a few months later (reign of kings) which sold even more.

Consumers are fucking retards and steam needs to ban incompetent developers for life.
>>
>>383143413

>le shilling reddit meme

for a 4 year old game?

I even agree with you, but your post reeks of newfaggot, newfaggot
>>
File: 20170705201442_1.jpg (163KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20170705201442_1.jpg
163KB, 1920x1200px
>>383143250
The game engine they started with was a clusterfuck back from the Operation Flashpoint days of early 2000´s, that they just kept on nigger rigging, thats why the development is damn slow.
Yet I fucking love the Chernarus+, what a great map. And the "new(?)" engine complements the map nicely.
It´s nice to stroll around northwest hills, if only theyd get around finishing this shit.
>>
>>383143551
>ARMA engine was always clunky and slow because

because it's a bad engine developed by 5 slavs. It's not clunky because it's supposed to be. Have you not seen the vehicle "physics"?
>>
>>383143634
>uses reddit spacing
opinion discarded
>>
>>383142694
>early access since 2013
>it still runs like complete shit even by Arma standards
>hardly any populated servers
>cooldown time from being able to jump inbetween servers
>more bugs then anyone can count
>no fun allowed the game
I'm really glad I never bought this and it was just a gift
>>
>>383143551
>No other zombie game or mod has come close to DayZ (mod, I haven't played the standalone) in terms of experiences.

This.
I've had the most intense gaming-experiences in my whole life in DayZ.
And I play games since almost 20 years now.

The feeling when you get shot at is unlike any other video-game.
>>
>>383143852
well hello reeeddit
>>
>>383143835
>bad engine

Yes it was developed by 5 slavs but its still the best realism engine out there.

Name one other engine that comes close to simulating realistic movement, timing, and skirmish speeds. There's a reason why Bohemia sells its software to some of the biggest militaries in the world.
>>
>>383144025
>developed by slavs

holy shit that explains a lot
>>
>>383143773

They are in process of changing the whole engine and gameplay and player movement + animation system.
That's why beta takes so fucking long.

I still play it though. There's not a single game like it.
>>
>>383144025
Red Orchestra 2.
>>
>>383144025
>Name one other engine that comes close to simulating realistic movement, timing, and skirmish speeds.

not to mention the absolute fucking incredible ballistics that are basically 1:1 real-life weapon ballistics.
>>
>>383144206
t. never shot a gun irl
>>
>>383144109
Red Orchestra 2 is a really good game and simulates some things realistically but once again the engine only works on multiplayer, and in small map settings. It would not work on a large scale where it has to render a ton of AI and objects across a massive 200km squared zone.

ARMA is realistic because of its immersion on a large scale map.
>>
>>383144109

Doesn't have an open-world, doesn't have as good graphics, doesn't have the drawing distance, doesn't have flying vehicles, doesn't have persistence, doesn't have 100 player servers, doesn't have accurate ballistics, doesn't have sickness-system, blah blah
>>
>Late a year even coming out early access
>Slow zombies thinking those would somehow be a challenging PvE attribute and reduce PvP
>Constantly adding new half baked features instead of finishing the core aspects of the gameplay first
>Beyond terrible optimization in the first 4 years
>Rampant hacking

It was doomed from the start.
>>
>>383142694
People just play it as a PvP deathmatch, there's practically no point in even having zombies in it anymore.
>>
>>383144306
>Name one other engine that comes close to simulating realistic movement, timing, and skirmish speeds
>doesn't have sickness-system

the fuck?
>>
>>383144263

Are you retarded? ArmA 2 and 3 ballistics are almost identical to real-life ballistics - even US-Military uses a variant of ArmA 3
>>
I talked to a guy who knew a guy who had worked on Dayz.

Apparently there is some internal troubles in the development team that has lead Bohemia Interactive fire five teams and they're currently on the Sixth team of developers who are working on it.

Why they managed to produce Argo and all the content for Apex just shows Bohemia don't care and that they thought they could get away with it not thinking refunds would be introduced.

So whenever you see a new update in the steam activity, be sure to comment, "Foxtrot Tango, Fire Team Six, I repeat FIRE TEAM SIX!".
>>
>>383144425

It does only a few things out of the many things that the ArmA engine can do, is my point.
You can't even compare the games. You seriously tried to compare RO2 to DayZ, lol.

I don't know how you can't get that.
>>
>launch DayZ for first time
>walk in a house
>find a meat tenderiser
>hear zombie
>close door
>zombie teleport through wall and forces me through the wall
>hear broken leg sound
>die
>delete game

people actually play this mess
>>
There's no challenges so the players need to gather together to survive, the game is just a big deathmatch.
>>
>>383144551
But what you said was

>Name one other engine that comes close to simulating realistic movement, timing, and skirmish speeds

Red Orchestra 2 does all of those things better. Why are you shifting the goalpost? You're mentally ill buddy.
>>
>>383144556

t. hasn't played the game in 3 years.

Why do you buy a game that explicitly tells you to not buy it if you can't deal with gamebreaking bugs in the early development?

Now, 4 years later, the game is more bug-free than fucking GTA V lol.
>>
>>383144535
Yeah can we get a proper source for all that? Thanks Codemasters!
>>
>most efficient way to fight is to sprint around at max speed with a full auto weapon and spray at the first person you see

nice, a really "deep" combat system you got here. it's so ""realistic""
>>
>>383144449
vanilla arma doesnt even model wind aside from visual stuff like the trees and bushes blowing around. bullets are not affected by wind at all unless you use a mod that adds that.

VBS =/= ArmA
>>
>>383144642

I wasn't even the guy that posted this.
How new are you here?
Do you always assume everyone replying to you is the same dude?
>>
>>383144671
ummm I bought it around 2 months ago sweetie
>>
>>383144642
It doesn't though. First of all they're different settings. Secondly in RO they're simulating movement and skirmish speeds in a small map setting. Thirdly in RO waves of soldiers sprint at each other and die, yes this is ok for Russians but in reality it would have been hours holed up in one house firing at each other.

I also said that RO is realistic but its engine is not even close to being similar to ARMAs in terms of scale and large map immersion.
>>
>>383144753

Exactly, ArmA 3 doesn't even model wind.
You know what does model wind, since the latest update?

Exactly! The game we were actually talking about!
DayZ!

You fucking retard.

Besides, ArmA 3 DOES have visual AND ballistic representation of wind. Even earth curvature matters at over 1,5km you fucking noob.
>>
>>383144683
It explains why no work has been done on it at all.
The content since launch has been minimal in compared to all the content Arma has received.
It's simply criminal since Daisy has a much larger following.
>>
>>383144757
>completely destroy him
>"i i-im not the same guy"
>y-you n-new"

a true intellectual
>>
>>383144917

No, I just wasn't the same guy, if you believe me or not, there's more people than you and me on 4chan.
>>
>>383144867
Yeah yeah, keep shifting the goalpost.

Pathetic.
>>
>>383144902
I'll ask again can I get a source on the firing of five different teams please.

I think the lack of work on the game is more to do with the fact they've already milked it for all its worth and therefore have no motivation to do anymore considering sales will probably not increase beyond the level they're at even if they release bloody 1.0. 90% of people interested in games like DayZ have already bought it.
>>
>>383144878
again, i will repeat, arma 3 (or any arma for that matter) does not model wind in ballistics nor does it model earth curvature. go ahead and boot up vanilla arma 3 and crank the wind up to absurd speeds in the editor and fire some tracer rounds. come back after and tell me that again.
>>
the game is great
casuals can't handle permadeath and should stick to PUBG.

/thread
>>
>>383144993
hello reeeddit
>>
>>383142694
>There's not a single game like it.

There are hundreds of games just like it. Survival, battle Royale, plus zombies. That is a large genre filled with mostly early access shit games just like DayZ is. I tried to like this game but the people behind it shit the bed with the lack of development and so it fell by the wayside as it should have. Then all the players moved on to the next flavor of the month surival/battle Royale game like they always do.
>>
>>383142694
maybe next decade
>>
>>383145057

>again, i will repeat, arma 3 (or any arma for that matter) does not model wind in ballistics nor does it model earth curvature

but it does, nigger.
the earth curvature thing was a feature since ArmA 2, dude.
And wind has a HUGE impact on the trajectory of your rounds.
>>
>>383145056
>I'll ask again can I get a source on the firing of five different teams please.

Sorry newfriend, but it's 4chan, we just post what we got. Revealing my sources could get people in trouble,idiot
>>
>>383145002
Can you do some proper arguments rather than rattle off some commonly used phrases to argue your point. Grow up. RO is a great game realistically immersive for a WW2 setting. But its not large scale and the engine cannot be used to make a 200km squared open world survival zombie game.
>>
>>383145123

DayZ isn't battle-royale you fucking idiot.
There's not a single game like it.

Does any of your meme games even have ballistics? lolno. Sickness system? lolno
Blood-system? lolno
>>
>>383145192
is that why ACE mod touts wind as part of their advanced ballistics model? is that why my rounds only are affected by wind while using ACE mod? what a weird coincidence.
>>
File: 1499407248015.gif (22KB, 76x107px) Image search: [Google]
1499407248015.gif
22KB, 76x107px
>>383142694
>/v/ wants an innawoods game
>bohemia starts developing an innawoods game
>/v/ doesn't want an innawoods game anymore
>>
>>383145192
>>383145291
ARMA does not simulate wind effects on ballistics. That said it's still the most realistic engine out there and everything else about ballistics is spot on.
>>
>>383142694
spawning and getting a 'youre thirsty/hungry' message not even 2 minutes later
>>
>>383145123

>DayZ
>battle-royale game

wat.

You can play DayZ without killing a person. DayZ doesn't force encounters and has permadeath.

Most people I know play DayZ as role-playing game and enjoy the atmosphere, graphics and non-forced and random encounters that fucking make your blood boil
>>
>>383145291

I concede. You might be right.
It's been a long time since I played vanilla ArmA 3 but i was absolutely sure that they praised earth curvature and shit as a feature.

I rarely admit to being wrong here, but I am.
plsnobully
>>
>>383144095
Fuck off Gale
>>
>>383144878
>You know what does model wind, since the latest update?
>
>Exactly! The game we were actually talking about!
>DayZ!
>
>You fucking retard.
>>
>>383145328

/k/ and /out/ like the game.

fuck /v/, bunch of casual newfag >>>/r/edditors who can't handle realism.
>>
>>383145278
Sickness system, The Culling has it and I'm sure others do. The burden of proof is on (you) for making the claim that DayZ is one of a kind.
Ballistics systems, hell even Pubg has ballistics, most somewhat in-depth games that have firearms have some level of ballistics physics involved.
Inb4 you go moving the goalposts again .
>>
>>383145576

It actually does, though.
Latest update made wind amazing to look at and beta update will give us advanced weapon handling (tactical reloads, manual bolt cycling, weapon jamming, safety operation) + make the wind impact the ballistics like in ACE
>>
>run around and exploit bad hit detection/desync
>get 2+ kills every time I go to Elektro
>never stop moving once
>people try shoot me but due to poor fps/bad hit reg they can't
>I run right at them and spray them down with my full auto M4

The game is fun, and I enjoy it, but it really isn't a survival game or in any way realistic. Dunno what's up with all the bad players here pretending it's some sort of real world simulation.
>>
>>383145440
It's been years since I played it, back then it was a walking sim with poorly handled zombies and griefers who rented servers and restarted them every time they got to the military base if every gun wasn't sitting there for them to pickup.
>>
>>383145624
Once agian there's more than 1 anon arguing with you. Secondly please provide a name for these games you are saying are like DayZ because every other open world zombie game I've seen has been even more buggy, are way more fast paced, and have really bland environments.
>>
>>383145624

>PUBG has ballistics

lol nigger, PUBG has FIXED bullet-drop at certain ranges

What are you talking about?
PUBG doesn't even have persistence, I cant leave a gun in the woods for 48 hours then come back on the servers and pick it up.

The games aren't even related
>>
>>383144628
Survival games need to have more goals outside of just 'survive'
Like shit, I dunno, gimme a mode or something in DayZ where there's a main goal like having to fix up a boat or plane and escape Chernarus
>>
>>383145278
nothing has Day'z health system and it's honestly disappointing, it would've been cool in arma3
>>
>>383145798
What do you mean by "FIXED bullet-drop"?
>>
>>383145770
Dayz is just a bore fest, it's almost as if the devs got bored of working on it.
>>
>>383145751

Play on a private role-playing server if you don't enjoy getting killed on sight.

I love it, i think it's an important part of the realistic experience to NOT know if the guy is just gonna kill me or become a valuable asset to my party and we can trade and share stories.

Try it out sometime, again. Especially if you enjoy comfy games. I spend most of my time innawoods with friends role-playing, hunting and surviving.
>>
>>383145798
> I cant leave a gun in the woods for 48 hours then come back on the servers and pick it up

Can't do that in Dayz either sweetie. Do you not know how the game you're praising works?
>>
>>383145919
Such a borefest that it kicked off a whole new genre of games that is still going strong 5 years later. With the game itself still maintaining a respectable playerbase. HMMMMMM
>>
>>383145891

over 100m 0,5cm bullet drop on-screen
for example

BFBC2 does the same thing, if you played that.
>>
>>383144830
sure you did kid
>>
>>383145984

>Can't do that in Dayz either sweetie. Do you not know how the game you're praising works?

Are you retarded?
Guns stay persistent for 48 hours in DayZ.
>>
>>383146056
Wait, what's the problem with this?

Also isn't that how bullets work? I don't think I get what you're saying.
>>
>>383146128
they disappear after server restart darling.

Have you not played dayz before?
>>
>>383145984
you seriously have no clue

Dayz's system is retarded because it allows this and it always makes all the towns empty as fuck
>>
>>383146141
PUBG has ballistics because the dev was a massive modder on the ARMA engine.

PlayerUnknown even posts on this site.
>>
File: 2014-08-05_00003.jpg (467KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-05_00003.jpg
467KB, 1920x1080px
>>383146229
>Have you not played dayz before?
have you? persistence has been in the standalone for years
>>
>>383146141

It's fixed bullet-drop, not ballistics.
And no, it isn't how bullets work.
>>
File: Losing a debate on v.jpg (28KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Losing a debate on v.jpg
28KB, 300x240px
>ITT:
>>
>>383146229

>they disappear after server restart darling.

No they don't.
You clearly haven't played the game.
wtf?

>>383146308

Items respawn whether or not other items stay persistent or get wiped. It has nothing to do with that.
You can even force items to respawn, but I'm not gonna tell you how because it's a shitty exploit.

Loot is supposed to be MUCH more rare, lol.
DayZ devs even said the game is gonna become at least 100% harder to survive than what it is now.
>>
>>383146308
thats now how it works, there's a loot economy that spawns less loot on the coasts and more loot in-land. player dropped items have no affect on it.
>>
>What went wrong
>4 years in development
>With zero progress
>on a shitty engine that you can't play on without a NASA supercomputer
>Riddled with bugs that were found from the start
>Still asking for 30 shekels

If anything Unturned is a good open world survival game. And it's fucking free
>>
File: 1447183482248.png (98KB, 461x345px) Image search: [Google]
1447183482248.png
98KB, 461x345px
>>383142694
>still in development without any meaningful changes
>still no other point in game than getting the gear and hunting down other players
>laggy
>buggy
>unoptimized as fuck and I'm not exaggerating one bit
>desync bugs causing players to pshhh nothing personnel kid you
>fucked up zombies clipping through walls, teleporting, hitting you through the walls
>IF you meet any zeds, that is
>what is base building and persistance?
>combat system is a fucking joke, controls are fucked up, inventory system was designed by someone severely abusing domestos
>take out the zeds and you will have massively multiplayer online deathmatch free-for-all
>no NPCs
>dead world, no randomness, everything is always exactly the same, though they once added randomly spawning campsites which were so fucking rare you'd need to spend a fucking day looking through the woods so it was pointless to even start looking for them anyway. Oh yeah, the heli crashes - cool, but finding one was also a real challenge because servers would restart every hour or so and the few that would restart once a day would tend to spawn between 4 to 12 during that period.
>sickness - the moment you got infected you were boned without antibiotics which are very rare. Most of the time I would just aggro a zed, go somewhere remote and die under a tree so I can come back there and grab my stuff. Wouldn't be that bad if you weren't getting sick every fifth punch that a zed throws at you or stand in a rain for a minute
>persistance system in standalone is a joke. The moment you join the server pretty much every city near spawn areas have been cleaned out and by the time you would get more in-land you'd die from an infection.
>did I mention development has been going on for years with almost no real progress?
I really wanted and I still want this game to be fucking awesome, but I think it will not happen during my lifetime. Seriously, I used to play it in mod times everyday until I could barely keep my eyes open.
>>
>launch DayZ (mod)
>walk around
>hear someone yelling things
>is a fucking brazilian
>he shot me
>huehuehue

every single game

living in south america sucks
>>
File: they will laugh no more.jpg (188KB, 624x336px) Image search: [Google]
they will laugh no more.jpg
188KB, 624x336px
>>383148221
>get hax
>fuck the huehuelians all day everyday by turning on the godmode, teleporting at their faces and shooting them in the balls
>who is huehuehuehue now, eh?
>>
File: 1496754253072.jpg (23KB, 251x248px) Image search: [Google]
1496754253072.jpg
23KB, 251x248px
>>383146032
>still maintaining a respectable playerbase
>>
>>383143250

No, you are just a braindamaged, half bald, fat oldfag.

>simulation
>movement feels like you are operating a battle mech
>"realistic" item spawns are just stupid rng grind, as opposed to "hey, I would probably find X item in X location".
>animals behave retardedly, wolves would never attack people like this
>domestic appearing cows panic when you get within 500m
lol
whats left? playing tamagotchi and feeding your character? hording items?
roleplaying?

this game is bad in most aspects currently.
>>
>>383144095
shame the developers are incompetent and the game is unplayably laggy when shooting.
>>
>>383144671
4 years isnt early in develpoment, its in a worse state than it was 2 years ago. its shit. PUBG will be finished and someone will make a mod for that which will be better than dayz before then even make dayz playable.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.