[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aligning with Mr. House is the only faction that makes sense.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 29

File: file.png (252KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
252KB, 400x500px
Aligning with Mr. House is the only faction that makes sense.
>>
>>383133731
It bugs me that he only promotes me to the rank of lieutenant and not a more prestigious rank like
>General Who Rocks Bandits
>>
DELETE THIS.

t. paladin
>>
That fucking Big brother look makes me uneasy but OP is right.
>>
>>383135524
I wish he had more facial expressions
>>
File: headinass.jpg (4KB, 150x250px) Image search: [Google]
headinass.jpg
4KB, 150x250px
>>383133731

you dumbfuck

mr house betrayed his brother and his H&H tools factory.

I will never forgive house for that.
>>
>>383133731
If you count yourself/yes-man as a faction you are objectively wrong
>>
He's a rotting dick from the past that's so greedy he still cares about caps when he's stuck in a box. He should've ghoulified himself so he could be like Dean Domino instead of what he is. All his technological genius and he couldn't just figure out radiation.
>>
>>383133731
From a writing perspective, all the choices are meant to "make sense," so that you can naturally pick one without it seeming weird/narrow/forced.
>>
>>383135726
>old dick from the past
how is being old a negative wiser and more knowledgable than any upstart groups in the region
>greedy
only as much as the NCR
>being ghoulified is more efficient
all ghouls are doomed to becoming feral at some point, not very effective long term
>>
>>383135694
>mr house betrayed his brother and his H&H tools factory.
I don't even support Mr. House but his brother deserved what happened to him
>>
>>383133731
Childhood is idolizing the NCR. Adulthood is realizing that House made more sense.
>>
>>383135694
hope ur trolling, else ur really far off the mark
>>
>>383133731
Yes-Man is the best ending, it being a self-insert all it takes is a bit of imagination. Its the most beneficial ending for the PC, and if you have a 10 int 10 luck Courier you can really make a lot of assumptions about how well Vegas will start doing.
>>
File: 80123.jpg (158KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
80123.jpg
158KB, 1920x1080px
>>383135712
>>383136085
>Solo cucks thinking Benny didn't manipulate them all along
>>
>>383136204
Benny is fuckin dead so what's it matter
>>
Mr. House's ending is objectively the best. Why? Not just because of what he can do for the Mojave, but because of what he can do for the NCR. The NCR is expanding too aggressively, and wearing themselves thin. If they lose the mojave, they'll drop they're jingoistic policies and focus on internal growth. Trading with the mojave, within a century both nations could be at a level above current first world standards.

If you go for an NCR victory, they will continue their mindless expansionism until their empire collapses from within, as is already beginning to occur.

If you think Yes Man or Legion should win, please finish middle school before you reply

tl,dr: The NCR is the best faction and thats why HOUSE should win
>>
>>383135524
Big Brother, or rather the world governments of 1984 sought to control the lives of their citizens. House doesn't particularly care what his people choose to do with their lives, so long as they aren't torching buildings and murdering each other in the streets.
>>
>>383136331
He programmed Yes Man, the thing that will be running New Vegas

Solo cucks really are this stupid, huh?
>>
>>383136085
Just because you wrote a fanfiction in which your courier turns vegas into a utopia does not make it canon
>>
>>383136471
Julie Farkas programmed Yes Man, did you even play the game
>>
>>383136204
Benny gets nothing from it other than a small legacy for setting it in motion. He either dies or gets the fuck outta dodge after you slaughter a whole legion camp.
>>
>>383136554
>I don't have an actual argument against the fact that the courier could feasibly be a better leader than House so I'll just call it fanfiction!
>>
>>383136605
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33AhowC9NBI
>>
New Vegas was a mistake
>>
>>383136471
Someone call national geographic. I found a live neanderthal.
>>
>>383136567
Benny was the one that had it done, you get what I mean
>>
>>383136471
>people who shit on the Independent route haven't even played the game
That explains a lot.
>>
>>383136753
except you assigning all these extraordinary leadership skills to the courier literally IS fanfiction
>>
>>383136556
>>383136906
Did you?
See pic related >>383136204
>>
>>383136771
Cool encounter but that's cut content. Benny is too pussy to fuck with you after he screwed you over twice and you manage to rescue him in the real game.
>>
>>383136003
All ghouls are destined to be feral but it largely depends on your resources and ability to stay sane doesn't it? There are tons of prewar ghouls that are clear as day with no resources compares to House. Maybe staying a computer is still better but he could easily live another thousand years as a ghoul without slipping
>>
>>383136972
I hate the independent ending but WoG is that he's referring to changing his code so that he only obeys you
>>
File: 1458466136464.jpg (75KB, 446x598px) Image search: [Google]
1458466136464.jpg
75KB, 446x598px
>what is role playing?
fucking self insert fags
>>
>>383136947
>assigning all these extraordinary leadership skills to the courier literally IS fanfiction
Lmao so I guess character stats that can objectively be measured via the games own story/gameplay mechanics are now fanfiction.
>>
File: 6b6.gif (2MB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
6b6.gif
2MB, 350x196px
>>383136947
I don't see why the Courier shouldn't have extraordinary leadership skills, you have stats and perks that pertain to leader-ship ability. A super-genius cult-leader who's already capable of inspiring loyalty in companions who will follow them to the death sounds like a good leader to me.
>>
File: 1477464101243.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1477464101243.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>Legion is full Autocracy
>NCR is corrupt powerful federal government taking the rights of the individual
>House is small government that protects the people and keeps order but beyond that lets the people do what they want
>Yes Man is Ancap

Why would you pick anyone but House?
>>
>>383135712
Yes Man is the worst faction tho
>only delay the inevitable war between ncr/legion/vegas
>everywhere except the strip is fucked
It's too much for one courier to carry.
>>
>>383136771
Good thing they cut that, Benny would have to be clinically retarded to try to kill a guy who single handedly slaughtered the entire Legion camp to get him out by himself. Christ, he could have at least used this stealthboy for a stealth attack
>>
>>383137281
They all fuck off at the end to do their own things though
>>
>>383137164
SPECIAL stats mean nothing. House has 5 intelligence and Caesar has 4. SPECIAL is either only a gameplay thing only or has no bearing on how well you can lead
>>
>>383137465
>You deliver mail!
he has to be clinically retarded to consider that a burn
>>
>>383137439
>It's too much for one courier to carry.
Yes but surely the wrinkly old fuck who can potentially get easily bamboozled by the fucking errand boy can handle it by himself
>>
Too many special snowflakes here telling us how their courier is the best possible leader for new vegas and if you dont believe them they have the fanfiction to prove it
>>
>>383137580
By the logic your earlier argument though if you're going to dismiss the courier's stats as fanfiction you may as well dismiss every story interaction the courier has in the game as fanfiction.
>>
>>383137650
Well he can make peace with ncr and legion. An all out war can't be avoided if you choose yes man.
>>
>>383137439
You can kill caesar, the legion is no longer a thing but a bunch of savages without direction.

NCR are a bunch of pussyfaggots who can't get anything done without the help of the courier.

You have an army of robots.

I think new vegas would do just fine.
>>
>>383137281
Leading a small group of companions is different to running vegas anon.
>>
>>383133731
True i do the same thing everytime
>>
>>383137802
No, I'm saying we have no idea of how SPECIAL stats affect a courier's capacity to lead, which is objectively true. Just because you gave your Courier 10 INT does not imply he will be a great leader, as evidenced by House and Caesars stats. Thus, if you're insisting your courier would be a great leader regardless, we are leaving official game canon and heading into fan fiction.
>>
>>383137282
>NCR is corrupt
i hate this meme
>>
>>383137878
not one group has any lasting loyalty to the courier
>>
>>383137693
The courier is a mary sue bro
>>
>>383138153
Yeah, me too. There's corruption in every system in the world. Hell, the strip, which is run by house, is corrupt as fuck. NCR is the LEAST corrupt faction in NV by far
>>
>>383138000
But my courier have 10 chr 10 int and he's a good leader. That's called roleplaying.
>>
File: LOBOTOMITES.png (1MB, 1440x1366px) Image search: [Google]
LOBOTOMITES.png
1MB, 1440x1366px
>>383136421
[Barter 100] Yeah I'm gonna charge you about 2000 caps per kilowatt hour I think.
>>
>>383138173
And house does right? Definitely didn't have any of his minions try to backstab him.

Oh wait.
>>
>>383136753

...and the courier will get old and die and his empire will fall with him as it did for so many other fallout characters.

House outlives you. He outlives your children. He's the closest thing to a benevolent dictator and his ending proves he has not and will not go mad despite being stuck in his pod for centuries. The NCR owes much of its success to the extremely long life of President Tandi, and without her the NCR is full of political infighting and corruption.
>>
>>383138153
>bitter springs massacre just for shock and awe to get the khans to fuck off
>Hanson is falsifying Intel
>OSI scientist is doing shady research and appropriating funds to further himself
>Oliver isn't corrupt just literally retarded and deserves no spot in the military
>Moore doesn't give a shit about anyone outside her group and just wants to kill savages
>strip ambassador is just a figurehead who has no control over any dealings
Hsu is maybe one of the few decent officers you meet in the game and he's sidelined to a base
>>
>Caring about the quality of the Mohave desert and not your direct profits for being in charge
>>
>>383138310
Yeah, and if you like that, have fun with it. But if you come on this board and argue that your roleplay is valid as acceptable canon, then no shit people are gonna disagree.
>>
>>383138310
>That's called roleplaying
That's called autism
>>
>>383137693
Too many House fluffers here telling us how their megalomaniac businessman is the best possible leader for new vegas and if you dont believe them they have the fanfiction to prove it
>>
>>383138426
are you really trying to make the argument that your courier is the bestest leader and everyone falls in line because you say so? BoS would fuck over the courier first chance to get houses' tech seeing as that's there job
>>
>>383138507
Technically the courier could just hop into house's pod.
>>
>>383138558
Besides "Hanson", none of these characters are corrupt. You can dislike them, but that's not corruption.
>>
>>383136421
This is dumb
NCR would only be charged by house because
1. He controls the dam
2. He controls the strip
3. Has a securitron army
If the courier has all 3 of those then why wouldn't the NCR pay fees
>>
>>383138642
Rude.
>>
>>383138639
>>383138642
Bitch I'm not guaranteeing yes man is the best ending; I'm just pointing out that it definitely has potential to be the best outcome for vegas depending on the type of courier.
>>
>>383138696
No I'm making the argument that no one is loyal in the shit mojave so you shouldn't try to use it as an argument in the first place.
>>
>>383138696
That's why you have the option to destroy them.
>>
>>383133731
sure, but its not fun to always roleplay with the same things happening.
>>
File: yiyc5lB.png (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
yiyc5lB.png
17KB, 500x500px
>no way to clone Tandi and have her as an eternal waifu
>>
>>383138651
>Born into wealth, loses it, becomes richest man in the world anyways
>Graduates from MIT, and creates the most succesful robotics company in the world
>Creates a missile defense system better than anythign the Enclave could make
>Saves New Vegas from Destruction
>More technologically advanced than anyone in the wasteland sans Big MT
>Literally rebuilt Vegas after the world, making the wealthiest and most prosperous city in the whole fallout universe

You're right, there is NO canon evidence for House being a good leader!! But telling people the Courier is a good leader because you roleplayed him that way is enough
>>
>>383133731
i like ncr
>>
>>383138767
And we're saying that if you wanna think of it that way, you're welcome to. But there is NO canon evidence for it, and thus it's fanfiction, sorry.
>>
>>383138696
That's why you get a chance to ally with friendly factions and purge untrustworthy one.
>>
>>383138507
The courier has significant cybernetic modifications by the end of the game and access to all of the science of big mt. and you think house is going to outlive him?
I can see why you think what you do since you're blatantly ignoring major parts of the game.
>>
Reminder that Obsidian added House's demand to kill the Brotherhood of Steel only because they thought his ending was the clear choice otherwise.
>>
>>383139129

Do his ending. See if it changes whether or not your have those enhancements.

All of the Big MT doctors are insane and mentally unstable, they didn't solve it. He did.
>>
>>383139129
Lmao Mr House is way smarter than the Big MT. Despite all their SCIENCE!, his immortality tech is better, his robots are better, and he's actually used his intelligence for something
>>
File: 194456889.jpg (145KB, 500x605px) Image search: [Google]
194456889.jpg
145KB, 500x605px
>ywn find a qt lobotomite to transfer Dala's brain into so you can both be together at last
>>
>>383139289
>implying it doesn't make it even better

kys
>>
>>383139289
This. The only argument people are coming up against house is "but my courier has good stats :'(" I mean at least NCR fags had an actual argument
>>
>>383139289
So NCR being the only faction that can make peace with BoS so it wouldn't be the worst choice by default? Seem about right.
>>
The one nice thing about this thread is that we don't have any Legion fags here. Its a small mercy
>>
I LOVE WEARING SKIRTS
>>
>>383139656
>>383139698
Too late
>>
>>383139014
There's literally just as much evidence for your fanfiction that house's new vegas is going to be anything less than an authoritarian shithole. The dude can't go ten fucking minutes without getting betrayed by his subordinates (betrayals for which he had literally no failsafe plan) and you expect me to believe that he's going to guarantee some fucking wonderful future for new vegas?
>>383138938

>Born into wealth, loses it, becomes richest man in the world anyways
I didn't realize the ability to make money equates to leadership skills
>Graduates from MIT, and creates the most succesful robotics company in the world
I guess that means bill Gates would be the best leader irl
>Creates a missile defense system better than anythign the Enclave could make
Oh shit I guess the ability to create new technology is now the same as the ability to lead
>Saves New Vegas from Destruction
Because of the aforementioned technology which totally proves he's a great leader right? After all the people who have made great technological innovations were all great leaders and totally not as pie motherfuckers who have no idea how people actually work.
>More technologically advanced than anyone in the wasteland sans Big MT
Huh, it seems like all of your arguments for house being a great leader rely on tech ability = leadership. I guess anyone with an advanced CS degree would make a great president.
>Literally rebuilt Vegas after the world, making the wealthiest and most prosperous city in the whole fallout universe
That's like saying you're the smartest most qualified person to lead in a town because you invented something that kept your home from burning down when the town caught fire.
>>
House>Legion>Yes Man>NCR
>>
>>383139656
>>383139698
>>383139754
kek
>>
Yes Man>House>NCR>Game Over>Legion
>>
>>383140101
house>NCR>anarchist retard robot>legion
>>
>>383139907
>Being good at finances has no impact on leadership skills
Wow, I sure hope you never become president
>Being incredibly educated in various fields has no impact on leadership skills
Maybe your right, but I think the better educated someone is, the better
>Creating a strong military defense has nothing to do with leadership
Lmao so if he had hired someone else to make the technology, he'd be a great leader, but because he did it himself he isn't? What?

I don't even understand the rest of your points. House, using his technological know how, has single handedly turned New Vegas into the wealthiest city in the known world. He is not a great leader because of his intelligence in computers and shit, he is a great leader because of how he USES that.

Anything the Courier manages to pull off if he becomes leader would literally be thanks to house
>>
independent vegas is literally the only valid ending
>>
File: 1493050571311.png (242KB, 550x578px) Image search: [Google]
1493050571311.png
242KB, 550x578px
>>383139343
Scientists at their full potential are much more intelligent than Mr. House, don't be silly. Mr. House just has enough money to pay for the best medical equipment that was around at the time. Hell, he probably put his own money into the development of said hardware.

The Big MT wasn't really working on that kind of equipment before the bombs fell. They were mostly just working on military equipment due to the Military Industrial Complex just kinda head-locking them into submission. The only reason they're crazy is because of addiction and direct influence from the "protagonist" of the DLC.
>>
Elijah best ending.
>>
>>383140382
How's life in a vault?
>>
>>383133731
Unless your own character has an Intelligence, Charisma, Perception, and Luck of 10 with a Repair, Barter, Speech, and Science of 100 I agree with you.
>>
>>383140381
What have they invented, really? Advanced organs? Yeah thats pretty cool i'm not gonna fight you on that. Brain in a jar? They didnt invent that, General Atomics did. Mr house's immortality is still better, IMO. Roboscorpions? They're strong, but only slighter more so than Securitons, and there's a hell of alot more securitons. I can't think of anything else they did that was that impressive
>>
>>383140552
See the argument we've been having this whole thread. Absolutely no evidence those stats correlate to ability in leadership.
>>
>>383140713
>I can't think of anything else they did that was that impressive
Securitron Deconstruction Factory
checkmate
>>
>>383140803
go away O
>>
>>383140803
OWB was a pretty good DLC. The story was shit but it was a lot of fun to explore

Dead Money was better though
>>
>>383140713
The trans-ponder is fairly impressive, being able to teleport individuals and what-not. They're also capable of creating new species such as cazadors, which could be potentially utilized to create high-yield domestic animals. Assuming the Think Tank get over their insanity.
>>
>>383140552
Doesn't that just prove that the "end all" argument about the independent ending is just null & void due to you needing a Mary sue courier in order to get a logical independent ending. While Mr. House's ending is consistently good.

>>383140713
Mr. House isn't immortal, he can just live for a very long time. When you open up his pod it's pretty apparent that he's not going to live forever in the tube. All the while the scientists at the Big MT show no signs of aging besides their insanity that was intentionally onset by a certain Mentat druggy. Plus they were capable of making weapons so powerful that they managed to blow the top of the mountain they were residing in. Wasn't always a crater y'know. Plus, the ability to teleport is pretty damn impressive, bet Mr. House wishes he had something like that.

>>383140803
>Not also listing cuppy
pleb
>>
>>383140357
>House, using his technological know how, has single handedly turned New Vegas into the wealthiest city in the known world
It's almost like that's rediculously easy to do when you aren't starting from zero like everybody else.

Literally all of your points rely on it being a fact that because house made a good technology that somehow proves he's a good leader.
>>
>>383140381

and so much of a danger to the outside world that they have to be kept preoccupied by a fake problem to solve (that they haven't).
>>
>>383139289
NCR is on the front cover and I bet most sided with them
>>
>>383141050
Where are you getting that house's immortality isn't forever? There is no evidence for that.
They don't show signs of ageing because they're literally brains in vats anon...
Does anyone remember Point Lookout? There was another character there, completely unrelated to OWB, who had also used Robobrain technology to extend his lifespan. A guy like house, who had his hands in anything involving robotics must have been aware of the possibilities of just taking out his brain, but he decided that his way was better
>>
>>383136021
What did his brother do exactly?
>>
>>383141274
>crying about someone having a leg up in a vidya or in real life
life ain't fair tough tiddies
>>
>not going hannibal mode and turning new vegas into a secret cannibal society
plebs the lot of you
>>
>NCRfags
"The NCR isn't perfect by any means, but I believe that having them in charge is the best way to ensure that the Mojave has peace and stability. Back in California, at the time this game takes place, they've mostly recovered from the great war. Roads are being paved and buildings are being constructed. Given time, I think they can do the same for the Mojave"
>Legionfags
"I think the Legion will bring stability, and rid the Mojave of corruption and decadence. Many will die before this stability comes about, but sacrifices have to be made for the greater good. If you don't believe that they're capable of bringing about this change, look at what they've done in Arizona. They turned a lawless land of raider tribes into a stable and prosperous place."
>Housefags
"House has proven to be an effective and benevolent ruler. He has the resources and the know-how to get technological development back on track. In addition, his immortality and seemingly infinite drive will ensure that New Vegas prospers for decades, if not centuries to come
>Yes Man fags
"My courier has great stats,100 in all skills and can do no wrong."
>>
>>383139426
>Implying that Dr. O isn't the best choice for robotic love

>>383141447
I just gave you the evidence for that. If you open his container he shows clear signs of aging, he's still aging and his body is still on a down slope. He's just being preserved, he'll die sooner or later, the most likely being later.

Also, the other two things for the listing that they created were Cazadors and Night-stalkers which displays incredible biological prowess on the Big MT scientist's part. I don't understand why you're trying to argue that House is more intelligent than they are. Is he more politically competent? Yes. Is he more scientifically competent? No.

>They don't show signs of ageing because they're literally brains in vats anon...
Doesn't disprove my point, bby.

And shit, I don't remember that. It's been so long since I've played Point Lookout.
>>
>>383141636
I'm not crying about shit not being fair you fucking invalid. I'm pointing out that using house making the "weathiest city" as evidence for his leadership is fucking dumb when he got a lightyear headstart over everyone else who could compete.
>>
>>383138558
>Implying anyone cares about what happened to the Khan niggers
>>
>>383141274
...House started from zero. His brother stole the whole of his inheritance. Have you even played the game? Or do you mean that since New Vegas as intact, he had an easier time rebuilding? Because it was he who populated Vegas and built up its economy. Before he woke up, New Vegas was just a lawless shithole with some fancy yet depilated buildings.

You literally have no points at all. The fact that Mr House is a technological genius and has used that to the benefit of New Vegas, is for some reason, a minus to you. So if he had just hired someone else to do all that, then he'd be a good leader? What constitutes a good leader in your head?
>>
File: 1498995166955.jpg (84KB, 312x321px) Image search: [Google]
1498995166955.jpg
84KB, 312x321px
>>383141810
Not a big hater of the Independent ending. But fuck me do I hate how the Followers always get fucked.

>W-we need support if we're going to stay here
>Okay, I'll support you.
>Really?
>Yeah.
>Post damn battle they get fucked even though you have a bulked securitron army and etc.
>>
Yes Man is best man

You get to murder House, kill Caeser, throw the NCR general off the dam, and have an army of upgraded securitrons.

all other options are objectively worse
>>
>>383140101
House>Legion>Yes Man>NCR

Get it right.
>>
>>383141814
That's literally not evidence though. You have no evidence the preservation will stop. Why do you assume the scientists brains haven't aged? What if they have and you just can't tell because they dont have a body?
My point was against someone who claimed that with Big MT tech, the Courier would somehow be stronger than House. That is definitely false
>>
>>383135694
t. anthony house
>>
test
>>
>>383133731
Friendly reminder that killing Mr. House adds to your abomination kill count.
>>
>>383140101
You have that backwards, degenerate.
>>
>>383142548
Friendly reminder that killing Mr. House nets you bad karma
>>
>>383136421
not to mention it's much harder to protect your sovereignty in a system that is somewhere between loose confederacy and anarchy-lite
why should the kings contribute our effort and bodies to the effort against the invading legion while the white glove society sits in their ivory tower and looks down on us without contributing anything?
i mean yeah yeah, securitrons, but i'm not convinced that alone would be enough if a power was really dedicated to invading vegas and taking the dam. independent and house endings work because of opportunism; they made the right play at the right place and time. but the follow-up is just as important and i think house has a much better follow-up plan.
>>
>>383142314
That's fair, though the age of the scientist's brains in OWB isn't really ever brought into question so there's no way of knowing whether or not the effects of age catch up to them. The only reason Rex's brain was failing was due to neural degeneration so I guess my point isn't really sound either, though that's PD grade equipment and centuries without brain gel replacement so that's also a factor. From what we see and are told, aging is of no concern to the scientists at the Big MT. Is that a definitive answer? No, it's not and I'm not going to pretend it is. Though compared to them House looks as if he has another century or so before he goes out. You can't keep a body going forever, there's probably a reason the Big MT just skipped the body preservation step and just hopped into brain jars. House has a very long life span, it's not infinite though.

Also, isn't that one vault in Fallout 3 with the people in the simulation kind of a inconsistency with their level of technology? One one hand Vaultech is capable of producing literal immortality machines while House's body degrades over time.

Hell, I don't think that the Big MT even needs the Courier to overthrow House. Would he be useful? Yeah, he would be but there's a reason that those scientists are intentionally hindered.
>>
>>383142845
So does killing the Tenpenny tower killer ghouls.
>>
>>383142196
The followers are fucking idiots. Arcade is always going on about a independent vegas, and I think the followers in general are be all for it yet they get fucked the hardest in that ending.

They're also responsible for the fiends, since they showed the Khans how to make medicine, who then used that knowledge to make drugs and sell them to fiends.
>>
>>383142030
He had a fucking army of robots to get the city in line and all he had to deal with were tribals with knives and guns. Y'all are acting like he's Augustus Caesar because his shitty mostly intact city is less shitty than the rest of the Mojave.
The only points that you are making rely on tech savvy translating to leadership. By your logic Bill Gates should be president and that's fucking stupid.
>>
>>383142213
independent ending is for independent thinkers
house is for knuckle dragging retards who can't lead, only follow
>>
File: 1480955085425.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480955085425.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
>from California
>obviously side with the NCR
>>
>>383142997
>They're also responsible for the fiends, since they showed the Khans how to make medicine, who then used that knowledge to make drugs and sell them to fiends.
That's wrong you numpty
>>
File: 1499351779028.png (632KB, 1267x978px) Image search: [Google]
1499351779028.png
632KB, 1267x978px
>>383143306
>independent ending is for independent thinkers
>house is for knuckle dragging retards who can't lead, only follow
>>
>>383142030
>The fact that Mr House is a technological genius and has used that to the benefit of New Vegas, is for some reason, a minus to you
I literally never said it was a minus, just that it doesn't magically prove your point. You are clearly incapable of even arguing against what I am actually saying so you have to make shit up to argue against.
>>
>>383143330
you're a numpty....
>>
Theres no refuting this
>>
>>383143418
It probes my point because he uses that technological knowledge to build a great city. You didn't answer my other question, which was what would actually constitute a good leader in your books

>>383143268
Fine. Then forget everything I said about technology. The man took a city filled with tribals, and he turned it into the richest city that we know about. Noone else can make a claim like that, and that is why he's a good leader
>>
>>383143306
Independent thinkers, who can only get to where they end up thanks to House's tech and resources, and Benny's plan.
The courier is a great secret agent type of guy, but there's no evidence he'd be a great leader.
Childhood is thinking your the best at everything. Adulthood is learning to admit other's can be better.
>>
>>383143541
I'm not even going to respond to this. Legion fans are all below the age of 15.
>>
>>383143795
Ok. Then Mr. House should admit the Courier is clearly the better man.
>>
>>383143541
This anon is assuming (wrongly) that when everyone is conquered by Caesar they'll all fall in line peacefully and happily be indoctrinated and ruled by the guy who crucifies and enslaves people. Americans will never live under a Tyrant.
>>
>>383144139
>Americans will never live under a Tyrant.
america doesn't exist m8
>>
>>383144131
The courier, who has accomplished nothign by themselves? Lol ok. You clearly have self inserted too much anon
>>
File: 1495292865675.jpg (12KB, 209x51px) Image search: [Google]
1495292865675.jpg
12KB, 209x51px
>>383143324
>be a cuck
>still choose to side with cucks
>>
>>383140382
>t.unneler
>>
>>383144139
This.

Plus, there's the argument of whether or not the Legion will hold when his passing comes. Who's going to take control once the Legion goes? The legate, the monster known as Lanius. Does he care about this philosophical stand point? Does he care about reshaping the world from scratch and setting it up for a positive upbringing? No, he doesn't. He cares about war and it'll be shaped by his rule once Caesar dies.

Who's to say the tribes will even stay together when he dies. They follow Caesar and once he dies they'll have no reliable leaders to follow. The tribes will most likely revert back to their old ways or just tribes in general due to there not being that much of a structure to their society besides "We serve the state and it's leader" which in this case it's more so their leader. When there's no leader to follow, there's family in the tribe. When Joshua was exiled from this glorified tribe, did he take up arms and form a massive army fueled by his ambitions? Nah, he just reverted back to his duty to his family and tribe like the majority of the Legion will likely do.

That's all theory though, there's no definite answer to this.
>>
>>383144269
>The courier whose skills and decisions shape the fate of the Mojave and which factions live or die
>Accomplished nothing
Clearly you're too insecure, anon, since you don't have the confidence to anything and need to depend on Master House do the thinking for you. Don't forget to lock and password protect your door next time someone strolls through to try and kill your boss. Oh wait.
>>
>>383143541
>>383144473
Don't get me wrong though, he has a point and it's a really interesting perspective to take on Caesar's philosophy. It's certainly the best argument I've seen so far as to why it's a solid choice in the long run. Don't really agree with it but there's still merit to be had in it.
>>
>>383144682
That door is password protected unless you have the Platinum chip.
Have you even played the game? Probably not, just read a lot of fanfiction.
>>
>>383144420
>faction that is rebuilding the glory of pre-war America
>cuck
Retard.
>>
>>383144982
Yes, because that turned out so swell for him, didn't it.
>>
>>383142196
It's such a shame since they just want to help people. The Followers are just too good for the Fallout world.
>>
>>383145161
>rebuilding the glory of pre-war America
>Implying that's a good idea
not the anon you were replying to
>>
Indeed. Also he could be a good influence to the NCR. Remember that there was cut content of him accepting to join the NCR if they allowed him immunity from prosecution and the ownership of the Lucky 38.
If he achieved control of the Vegas and the Dam, the trade would continue, his research and plans to rebuild high-tech industry would continue, the NCR would still have the energy, etc.
>>
File: 1465646648071.jpg (121KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1465646648071.jpg
121KB, 601x601px
>>383145161
>glory
>>
>>383143541
When 99% of the human population is dead, the Roman Legion's tactics don't work if you don't have a massive body of soldiers to replenish the ones you lose. Even with all those tribes, Caesar's not replacing his men anytime soon, especially with how he enslaves women and uses them as breeding machines. They'd rather die or escape.
When you're using pointy sticks, swords, healing powders and medicine water against automatic weapons, missile launchers, and modern medicine you're going to lose.
>>
>>383145750
>When you're using pointy sticks, swords, healing powders and medicine water against automatic weapons, missile launchers, and modern medicine you're going to lose.
You say that but they practically won the battle at Hoover dam the first go around but due to deceptive stratagem they lost. Wasn't because of their technological downsides.

Their higher ups have guns also.
>>
File: 1495975064097.jpg (218KB, 1103x841px) Image search: [Google]
1495975064097.jpg
218KB, 1103x841px
>>383145161
>rebuilding the ZOG regime
>good
>>
>>383145915
True, but they also had the element of surprise and the fact that Hoover Dam is really far from the NCR. It's hard to control the Dam when you aren't even established in the area around it.
>>
>>383136085
>>383136204
>people think yes man is a legit option

He's only there for if you manage to fuck up all three factions so you're not stuck in an uncompletable state. What sort of mental gymnastics do you have to perform to assert that a fucking courier could run a large scale settlement?
>>
>>383146196
That's a factor to consider, though they still were capable of doing that. And it's heavily implied that if the NCR didn't have outside assistance they would have lost to the Legion due to decaying moral and incompetent troops.

In the large scale of things, the weapons being used to fight aren't indicative of the victor unless they're equal to ICBMs or something. The Legion was winning due to deception, attrition, and psychological warfare that was gradually wearing down the NCR's military might. Them having a weak handle on the area though is a contributor to that though, I'll give you that.
>>
File: Enclave_Symbol_(FO3).png (35KB, 1020x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Enclave_Symbol_(FO3).png
35KB, 1020x1020px
Were they right?
>>
>>383146562
In 3/4 endings, the NCR beats the legion.
In reality, a nation like the Legion would collapse almost instantly against a developed country like the NCR. There's a reason the world moved towards democracy and capitalism, and it wasn't feels, they were just the best system at developing growth and wealth
>>
>>383146812
The enclave are cool, but they're plan makes fuck all sense.
>Hey lets make these vaults to run experiments so we can use rockets to leave the earth after the war!!
>Okay the war started and everyones in the vault, and we got the data we needed. Let's get in our rockets and... oh shit wait we didn't build any and have no way of building any now

Its like literally what? How was that ever a reasonable plan. The writers should never have included that in.
>>
>>383139907
>bill Gates would be the best leader irl
1. Gates has nothing to do with robotics
2. If he management and philanthropic work are anything to go by he would indeed be a good leader
>>
>>383146812
Eh.

Good goals and ideals marred by complete incompetence
>>
>tfw no transhumanist faction
>>
>>383146821
But that's due to the Courier's large amount of assistance and other factors besides the NCR. They don't win the Dam unless you help them.

Idk, this schmuck in this image brings up a good point that the Legion is a good basis for philosophy and will set us up on a route of progress, compared to just jumping the gun without any experience / knowledge of what it brings. >>383143541

Good example of that is how corrupt and ineffective the NCR's government is unless it's intentions are self-serving. Not saying the Legion is better but I'm also saying that the NCR isn't perfect.

>>383146812
Clearly not considering they're gone now.
>>
>>383133731
Lone Wolf is the only way to go.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
>>
File: Ewda6Na.png (438KB, 509x623px) Image search: [Google]
Ewda6Na.png
438KB, 509x623px
>>383146812
*sees that symbol*
>>
File: Littlefinger.jpg (80KB, 693x907px) Image search: [Google]
Littlefinger.jpg
80KB, 693x907px
>>383133731
>Tfw the game basically lets you be Littlefinger and undermine all powers in the Mojave with them not knowing
>>
>>383147541
BEAR
>>
File: 1497514800341.png (48KB, 1050x797px) Image search: [Google]
1497514800341.png
48KB, 1050x797px
>>383147636
BULL
>>
>>383147541
Can we all at least agree that Ulysses was a terrible character, who was literally just a device for the writer to express his frustrations with the lore? Which were all completely off base?
>>
>>383136432
Yeah but the whole setting when you go give him the token
>empty casino
>The lots of machines beside him
>all the shit they can do for the protection of new negas

It really creeped me out, and i haven't even finished the game yet
>>
File: 1497130130187.jpg (24KB, 507x473px) Image search: [Google]
1497130130187.jpg
24KB, 507x473px
>>383141804
It`s been almost 10 years and I`m still learning new things about New vegas.
>>
>>383150197
> 6 and half
> almost 10 years

Dumb animuposter
>>
>>
>>383147541
The only time I muted my game. This faggot was beyond annoying, so I had to skip 99% of honest hearts plot, and his boss battle was really bad. Can someone give me a redpill of the plot and why he drags me through the divide?
>>
>>383151975
Oops, meant lonesome road.
>>
>>383151975
>he makes the Divide his home when it wasn't nuclear fucked
>You delivered a box to the Divide
>Said box causes missiles to fire off fucking the Divide
>he blames you for taking away something that could have been his home and not the people who sent the box
>>
>>383151094
This motherfucker woke my character up in the middle of the night to talk about fucking bottlecaps.
>>
>>383152219
I don't get why he wants to nuke ncr though, why did he want to nuke it at the end.
>>
>tfw trying to do a Legion playthrough but this thread is making me want to side with house for the 4th time
>>
>>383152527
Because Chris Avellone hates the NCR, and wants to get rid of it to reset the series. Josh Sawyer is reponsible for everything good in New Vegas, Avellone just did Neet shit like that
>>
>>383152527
>u take my home
>i take urs
i am assuming that he thinks you're a citizen of the NCR
>>
>>383152747

You're not missing anything by not doing a Legion playthrough. They have literally only one good quest.
>>
>>383152747
House playthroughs are so comfy. I always run it with high INT and luck, and invest in Science, Speech and energy weapons. Essentially, an agent of the old world
I like to do Legion playthroughs as either Melee/Unarmed, or do high Speech/Barter/CHA run, acting as Caesars spy who is above basic things like combat
>>383152527
https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/117371054938263552
>>
>>383153040
>I always run it with high INT and luck, and invest in Science, Speech and energy weapons
That's my current build for my House run; you have good taste.
>>
>>383152985
>>383152301
>>383152126
These are excellent, do you know where they're from orignally? The link is dead
>>
File: 1497026795480.png (231KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1497026795480.png
231KB, 500x450px
>>383153040
>that tweet
>>
>>383153185
My man
Wb NCR? Stealthy Sniper?
My funnest build to date was a female courier with explosives maxed out. I thought it would be difficult, until I found thump thump and annabelle. Now you can literally take out anything in just one hit, I cleared out the deathclaw promontory in like 2 minutes. I joined the LEgion and fucked up the NCR

This was before DLC though. I can't even imagine how broken an explosives run would be with DLC included
>>
Did anyone else think that fallout 3 was ok? Like its not as good as new vegas, but some of it was alright. Mostly in how much fun exploring was, and the atmosphere. I think they actually did that part of the game right

F4llout is trash tho, couldn't even finish an hour of gameplay without getting bored
>>
>>383141558
i don't speak moonrunes,can anyone tell me what's the dialouge translate to
>>
>>383145161
>rebuilding the "glory" that drowned the old world in nuclear fire
The NCR is just a slightly less self-aware Enclave by the time of FNV. Tandi was the last good president.
>>
File: Boo!.gif (1MB, 179x179px) Image search: [Google]
Boo!.gif
1MB, 179x179px
>>383154412
....Excuse Me?
>>
>>383146304
What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to pull to think a fucking courier could take on the Legion and the NCR at Hoover Dam and win?

What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to pull to think a fucking Vault Dweller can take on a whole army of super mutants and their Master and win?

What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to pull to think a Chosen One can take on the United States government and win?
>>
>>383155135
The fact that these actually happen? There is evidence that the Courier is a strong fighter, infiltrator, con man and the such. Because these events actually happen in game. There is no moment in the game where someone asks you to lead a nation and you excel in that. Thats why you pretending the Courier is obviously a great leader is simply fanfiction, and thus does not belong on this thread.
>>
The problem with most people in this thread is that they can't differentiate between lore and gameplay. Just because you build your Courier with 10 INT does not mean he is a master of all intellectual pursuits. If he had 10 INT all this time, and it makes such a big difference, how did he end up a Courier when someone with 4 INT like caesar founded the legion?
>>
>>383155846
Are you retarded? Are you this dumb?

The fucking guy is referencing previous titles you damn dirty ape.
>>
>>383156628
Calm down, it's just a video game
I don't get what your point is. I was refuting his point by saying that you don't need to do mental gymnastics to believe those thigns, because they happen in the lore. The courier never becomes a leader in lore, and no main protagonist ever has, so yeah, its a stretch to believe he could do it well.
>>
File: 1497988306222.jpg (21KB, 440x498px) Image search: [Google]
1497988306222.jpg
21KB, 440x498px
>>383133731
>not aligning with Caesar's Legion and building a new marvel of civilization in the wasteland turning it into a prosperous and peaceful empire

>not aligning with the Enclave to cleanse the earth of mutation and radiation to genuinely rebuild a fresh society for the good of all
>>
>>383136471
>killed my whole entourage with his bare fists
>shot me in the face with my own fancy engraved gun
>haha i win
>>
File: 1497891309311.jpg (1MB, 652x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1497891309311.jpg
1MB, 652x2000px
>>
>>383135636
That would be too much effort for obsidian.
>>
>>383137921

then max out barter and shut up
>>
>>383160418
My favourite build involved
1 ST, 9 PE, 1 EN, 9 CH, 10 IN, 1 AG, 9 LK
Tag Barter, Speech, and Science.
Hardcore mode optional.
Very Hard difficulty a must
Yeah you'll suck at combat but its so fun going around as a pacifist, and having to come up with non combat ways to finish missions, because you'll be destroyed if you try to fight.
Alternatively, get a companion, and see how unstoppable they are with 9 cha
>>
>>383161774

That's a extremely shit way to play an already shit game.
>>
>>383136471
If you get killed by the courier, you win.
>>
>>383162783
Sorry Todd
>>
>>383162783
if i buy your games will you stop being butthurt?
>>
>>383135636
>Odo could shapeshift
>Mr House can only be a static image
pottery?
>>
>>383133731
murdering a bunch of BOS members makes sense

brownnosing a megalomaniac on life support makes sense

No Gods No Masters is the only morally correct choice
>>
>>383165926
Murdering a bunch of religious fanatics makes sense
Helping out a genius whose figured out the key to immortality makes sense
Yes, I agree
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.