[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the hardest game I've ever played.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1103.png (666KB, 917x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1103.png
666KB, 917x508px
This is the hardest game I've ever played.
>>
youareafuckingretardbutstillyouhavetoreadmybook
>>
wow haha the hard meme xd its the souls of the plataformers hahaha praise sony for this gemmmm

:DDDDDD
>>
>>383126460
Fuck off roastie
>>
>Another Crash Bandicoot thread
Do not complain later about BOTW shilling threads.
About the game, is it more difficult than the original ones? I played all of them when I was 10 yo and I didn't find them more difficult than Super Mario.
>>
>>383128648

They are not, nu-gamers think they are hard because the game actually punishes you for making mistakes
>>
>>383129396
I've been a gamer since 2000, and this game IS hard as fuck, doesn't mean it isn't a blast
>>
File: 1477356747528.jpg (14KB, 289x296px) Image search: [Google]
1477356747528.jpg
14KB, 289x296px
>>383126460
e-even.... even harder than... DARK SOULS?!
>>
>>383126460
Genuine question, is this menu in the game or some youtube video?
>>
>>383130138
utub
>>
I hope they fix the hitbox problem that causes inconsistency when Crash lands on the ground.
>>
>>383130138
Its the menu of the demo they had setup the first time the game was playable (PSX last year I think).

No idea why OP used it for the image.
>>
>>383128648
They're marginally more difficult due to changing up the jumping physics slightly but not altering level design to match it, the ice physics are even worse, and crash has a bad habit of slipping off of ledges that you could easily stand on in the originals
>>
>>383130846
Figured as much, I skipped the intro for the first and third game, I thought they had added an option to view cinematics but Heavy Machinery was out of place so I wasn't sure.
>>
iam at the time trial for the High road and i legit want to fucking kill myself 3+ hours and still nothing and my hands hurt
>>
>>383132423
use the ropes dude
>>
>>383132423
Use the rope
>>
>>383132681
Ropes have fucked hitboxes this time. I'm happy with the gold tbf.
>>
>>383132681
>>383132798
i keep falling off them they are so slippery
any tips or is it just luck? iam really not bad at this game i got the other golds all before that rather quickly but this one is killing me
>>
>>383132423
I spend 3 hours yesterday and only get gold. Use the ropes as >>383132681 says but jump back to the planks as soons as you land on the ropes. Don't try to walk on the ropes for too long as the pill hitbox is going to make you fall eventually.
>>
>>383132914
should i only use the ropes later on then? how many rope walks did you take to the get gold?
>>
>>383132846
yeah they're fucked, with practice you can kinda predict it though. managed to get the platinum that way.

the lab is way way harder

>>383132905
are you using the d-pad?

try landing on the inside of the rope a little, you'll know you got it right when smoke comes out of crash's shoes

you don't have to use the rope the entire way. I used it for the first two sections (after the first hog), then the section where you have to start using the turtles (you can normal jump for the first one I recall, but after that I just used the ropes)

after than it's just simple jumps towards the end.
>>
>>383133058
yes have tried it both with the d pad and analog iam a little better at not falling off when i use the analog stick

iam gonna try jumping more on the planks then cause i originaly just wanted to use the ropes
wish me good luck...but my hands still need to recover
>>
>>383133171
use the d-pad for all of crash 1. the levels are designed to use them and it's so much more precise. crash 2 and 3 have more open levels so analogue is beneficial to cut corners easily
>>
>>383133058
also whoever made these time trial times so low and impossible to do without jumping on these shitty unreliable ropes for this particular stage can go fuck himself and die
>>
>>383133171
When you're done with it, Crash 2's time trials are even harder
>>
File: 20170701_210320.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170701_210320.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Git gud
>>
>>383133251
The times are so fucking inconsistent. Some levels allow an incredible amount of leeway and it's hard to not get a platinum. Then there's bullshit like The Lab which requires NO mistakes. You NEED a perfect run.

>>383133314
>not 102%
>>
>>383133302
oh god please no

did they perhaps use times close to speedruns? i dont think normal human beings are supposed to do something like that without going crazy
>>
>>383133314
yeah already did that

try the time trials next thats where the challenge starts
>>
>>383133302
Are they? I'm currently doing them now and I've got platinum in the first 10 levels and it hasn't been as bad as Crash 1 yet. Do they get incredibly difficult later on?
>>
>>383133521
Do you slide jump all the time? What is the fastest movement?
>>
>>383133037
I used the ropes to skip turtle jumps in the first half of the bridge because you waste time flipping the turtles. I didn't use the ropes pass the two hogs in the middle of the map fearing a slip

>>383133058
If you start running as soon as crash respawns you can jump over the first shock ray. You have to stick to the right and don't stop running. It's a bit tricky but it allow you to reach the first slime without any stop.
>>
>>383133614
The Crash Dash power up helps obviously. I also slide and spin immediately after when I need to kill an enemy, since spinning while dashing slows you down a bit. Also the slide + jump + spin to get extra height helps in certain parts too (like skipping the pits).

The ones I've had real trouble with so far are Snow Go and Crash Crush.
>>
>>383133663
Oh yeah I know about the first electricity skip, if you're fast enough you can just walk right through it after it zaps once which saves time. I finally got the platinum two nights ago and my thumb still hurts.
>>
>>383126460
>I die in this game
>Wow it must be really hard...
Instead of learning how to play the game I will shit post on /g/ so I will try to feel better about myself
>>
File: how 2 git gud.png (10KB, 561x505px) Image search: [Google]
how 2 git gud.png
10KB, 561x505px
I think the wall climb and the crate bridge at the end are the problem.
>>
>>383135098
The first bouncy crate you come along to can also be a hindrance. The perfect run would have you jump on it without getting caught against it if you get me. Just look for videos online for tips I guess, there's really only one way you can do it.
>>
Shit's easy you fucking pussy.
>>
>>383136383
Until you try to get relics on road to nowhere and high road.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.