[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tales of Beseria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tales-of-berseria-review.jpg (79KB, 678x381px) Image search: [Google]
tales-of-berseria-review.jpg
79KB, 678x381px
So is this game any good?
The last tales game I played was Eternia and I'm looking for something new to play.
>>
No, it's edgy waifubait with casualized boring combat.

>cue Angry Weeb Defense Force
>>
>>383125060
Do all Tales series games have this button mash combat? I got about 10 hours in Beseria (after pirating it thankfully) and all combat encounters seemed to go down to spam any face button and press R2 when you can. I'd prefer simple SNES era jrpg gameplay over this shit
>>
>>383125868
play the first one Phantasia
>>
>>383125868
All Tales have mashy combat if you can't be assed to learn how to combo.
These games are more about doing stylish stuff than trying not to die.
>>
>>383125868
Most Tales games will obviously have you mash a button to attack continuously, however, Berseria felt a little over the top for some reason especially because of the claw attack. It personally lacked any strategy that the older tales series seemed to have.
>>
>>383125060
>edgy waifubait with casualized boring combat.

Thats exactly what i want to relax after work.
thanks
>>
>>383124746
Pretty fun, decent story, combat system is okay I guess. Can get hard against dire foes and big pulls.

Only 20 hours in it so far supposed to assasinate a bisoph, but currently on hold because I'm playing an MMO.
>>
>>383125868
Only works against regular enemies.
Agains dire foes and chain pulls, you're going to need to hit weaknesses and chain skills which interact well with each other (there are attcks that don't chain well together, causing you to miss hits, doing less damage because the enemy is knocked down etc).

Also Velvet is OP, switch to another character if you want extra challenge.
>>
Best Tales game for a long time. Shits on everything between it and Vesperia
>>
File: tales of hearts r.jpg (826KB, 1933x2578px) Image search: [Google]
tales of hearts r.jpg
826KB, 1933x2578px
>>383126937
>shits on Hearts R

not even close.
>>
>>383124746
About 40-50 hours in. Seems to me the only redeeming qualities is the story and characters. The gameplay, to be honest, is quite lacking.

I enjoyed the battle system more when I was just playing Velvet alone, after the whole party joins it became quite chaotic and somewhat button mashy. Still have to be careful at dangerous encounters and dire foes but, honestly, I enjoy non-action battle systems like Grandia 2 a lot more.

The dungeons are bland as fuck.

You cannot control the ship on the world map like old jRPGs and no ship gameplay, Skies of Arcadia anyone?

The base you get also seems very bare boned compared to games like Suikoden and Skies of Arcadia.

There's fishing, but all you do is click 'a' to fish. There is no fishing mini-game. The only good mini-game is the card game.

The game has been very linear so far, reminds me of FF13 but not as bad.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.