[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megaman Zero thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

File: Master X.png (1KB, 62x64px) Image search: [Google]
Master X.png
1KB, 62x64px
Master X did nothing wrong at least in Z1.
>>
apart from killing all those reploids
>>
>>383120242
Copy X was a complete idiot.

Even Rock, Roll, and Protoman; robots who supposedly only had the mental faculty to qualify as autonomous could understand treating a symptom to maintain a self-interested status quo with no other plan in place was stupid.
>>
>>383121318
What's wrong with killing dangerous mavericks?
>>
File: Copy.X.full.1444793.jpg (414KB, 900x697px) Image search: [Google]
Copy.X.full.1444793.jpg
414KB, 900x697px
>>383123163
I must protect humanity, and the greatest threat to humanity is Reploids. Therefor, Reploids should be destroyed.

My logic is perfect and flawless, like myself.
>>
>>383123163
Protoman was ahead of his time.
>>
Apparently actual X was supposed to take the place of Copy X in Megaman Zero before Inafune found out that X6 was being made by another team. But how would that even work? Why would X suddenly turn edgy after Dr Light explicitly put him through years of moralfag training?
>>
>>383125630
you look like a fucking faggot tho
>>
>>383125861
>Why would X suddenly turn edgy after Dr Light explicitly put him through years of moralfag training?
Centuries of constant fighting and near-apocalypses making him jaded
>>
>>383125861
Probably something like "no matter what I've done, humans kept dyiing, the only way to save them is to do THIS"

Like looking back, what was the actual death toll from the Eurasia incident, even getting the best result?
>>
File: Copy X.jpg (43KB, 303x800px) Image search: [Google]
Copy X.jpg
43KB, 303x800px
>>383125947
I am a perfect clone of X, therefor he looks like a fucking faggot too.

A faggot, but perfect nonetheless.
>>
File: CopyX2.jpg (52KB, 714x462px) Image search: [Google]
CopyX2.jpg
52KB, 714x462px
>>383125947
>implying
>>
Remember when he gets brought back only to get sparky sparky boom man'd?
>>
>>383125743
I've never seen an ingame or tie-in data book or other media with an objective breakdown that tried to distinguish any robot for their intelligence relative to their contemporary Robot Masters.

Bass called Mega Man Stupid, King called Protoman a fool. That's hardly objective though.
>>
>>383126759
I still question what exactly entails 'free will' for a reploid.

it's not like robots in Megaman's era didn't have personalities. Despite being built for X, they still enjoyed things of their own volition

Meanwhile reploid free will is a thing sure but they're still predisposed to be compliant since having a disagreeing opinion basically means you're a maverick
>>
Copy X became Wiel's bitch in 3, took away all the cool moments he had in 1, he went down like a fucking bitch.
>>
>>383125861
>>383126094
>>383126181
Assuming that at some point in development Zero 1 wasn't a complete wankfest about Zero; the obvious fucking answer is that the world utterly lacked for capable leaders and eventually Zeroth Law kicked in. X decided he had to become responsible for the entire human race/world since being reactionary proved fatal far too many times; so the only ethical thing to do would be to reacting to the evil schemes sometimes were not enough. This lead to ethical calculus where eventually X needed to have the most control and the most power to ensure no one else could possibly cause a factor of damage or death that he couldn't countermand.
>>
>>383127395
well it was a copy-copy X what do you want

he even had a s-s-s-s-stutter
>>
>>383127395
I'm almost positive that was a copy of Copy X. How in great Ra Thor's name could Weil have gotten the remains of Copy X from his destroyed fortress in Area X without anyone fucking noticing?
>>
>>383127241
>free will is a thing sure but they're still predisposed to be compliant since having a disagreeing opinion basically means you're a maverick
Kind of like our society, man!
>>
File: how can mirrors be real.jpg (71KB, 790x830px) Image search: [Google]
how can mirrors be real.jpg
71KB, 790x830px
>>383127973
Woah Man

Like, Do WE Even Have Free Will?
>>
>>383127241
Well that's Dr Light's opinion that X would be able to think, feel, and make their own decisions. So we have to take that on its face that the robots before X don't have that ability.

Really free will is a psychological concept, and the boundaries of it really it comes down to hot disproving its absence with measurable tests of stimulus. We only see that put forward once hilariously the localization change has Mega Man pass over the proposed limitation of his mind where Rock Man doesn't and it's never addressed again.

Still I think it's most sensible to assume original thought is something that Reploids have that Robots don't. We see reploid scientists in MMX, but nothing more than robot lab assistants in Classic. Just to contrive something as an example; nowhere on X's statistical breakdown does it say "Wall climbing system". I say it's possible that X simply applied his understanding of physics, the amount of energy he could generate with his boot jumpjets, and how much friction he can generate with his appendages, and how long it would take his jumpjets to recharge; before calculating that he could climb a vertical surface. Where robots would have to reference their pre-written subroutines to plot making a running jump series based on hard coded parameters that don't include paths for jumping against walls since Dr Light didn't specifically plan to have the robots do that.
>>
File: Ciel bust.jpg (199KB, 563x819px) Image search: [Google]
Ciel bust.jpg
199KB, 563x819px
>>383120242
He really should have been able to completely stop the game before it started. He had an army of golems mobilized to capture Ciel but somehow only one showed up burried underground when Zero and Ciel had almost completed their escape.
>>
File: 1330368975162.jpg (154KB, 750x888px) Image search: [Google]
1330368975162.jpg
154KB, 750x888px
>>383127241
The big difference is that X is able to learn new things outside a robot's given programming, grow as a person, 'rewrite' himself. Robot Masters before him had complex programming that allowed them to react to a wide variety of situations and made them often appear as if they had true cognitive abilities and maybe even do weird stuff they 'enjoyed', but X/Zero/reploids are truly autonomous, independent, sentient beings. They think about stuff like humans do and make decisions like humans do, while robots obey their canned programming absolutely even if it doesn't seem so on the outside.
>>
Beating Zero 3 with a perfect 100 ranking is still one of my fondest videogame achievements.

The last level boss rush along with the last boss Omega was a nightmare.
>>
File: 1330202857458.jpg (30KB, 289x281px) Image search: [Google]
1330202857458.jpg
30KB, 289x281px
>>383130153
Now do that in Zero 2.
>>
>>383120242
I wanna bully copy-X until he explodes.
>>
>>383130153
I feel you, man. I never beat the last level with 100. I did every other level except that one. I tried for weeks. Who knows, I may have gotten it, but I lent the game to some kid and never got it back.
>>
>>383129154
can you fuck robots in the mega man universe?
>>
>>383132517
>hasn't taking the "you can fuck anything pill"
I don't know what to say to you, anon.
>>
>le 10 year old prodigy who is more capable than adult scientists who have dedicated their life to the field
>is responsible for literally everything wrong with the world but we're expected to defend her because she's a little girl
Is Ciel the most poorly written character in the Megaman universe?
>>
>>383136637
She was grown in a lab to be a genius. Also, she fixes everything wrong with the world too so it balances out.
>>
I wish Zero had been the original script with the villain being the real X. But fucking X6 had to come into existence.
>>
>>383120242
I used to love Zero 1 as a kid, but after playing it recently I noticed the game kinda sucks.

>grinding weapons, they take much longer to upgrade in comparison to Z2
>feeding high level cyber elves takes a ton of grinding
>levels are overall very mediocre
>repeat most stages
>two stages full of terrible blind jumps (the factory and that broken high way)
>normal animal bosses are fairly boring
>no way to actually get a game over, forced to reload a save if you die with 0 lives

I guess the way they try to mix up the standard level design was neat, but overall the game was very weak. 2 also seemed a bit weak, but much improved overall. 4 seemed the best all around.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.