[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any hope for this franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: 1499413706378.jpg (577KB, 2589x828px) Image search: [Google]
1499413706378.jpg
577KB, 2589x828px
Is there any hope for this franchise?
>>
They just need to make tactics 2
>>
>>383118165
You got all that space in the top right to throw a joke at XI players
>>
>>383118378
People actually give a shit about XI?
>>
>>383118430
Yeah. It still gets minor updates and fixes with seasonal events and maintained its sub fee for 15 years. Hell I remember reading they wanted to do another expansion but couldn't because the PS2 devkits could stop working while making I.
>>
VII>IX

VIII, IX, and X were the fall from grace.
>>
>>383118165
i can't believe people here still think that ff6 is a masterpiece
>>
>>383118772
>i can't believe people here still think that ff6 is a masterpiece
It is, retard. I'm sorry it doesn't have the 97 hours of FMV cutscenes that are required for you to enjoy a "game".
>>
Majority of those games weren't actually bad or stains on the franchises.
They just don't fit the formula that most of you are used to.
They're good games in their own rights and were enjoyable at the time, while some aged like milk.
>>
>>383118165
>implying XV is bad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqOaZQfNmlE
>>
>>383119353
I'm a massive FFVI fan, but I agree with this wholeheartedly
>>
>>383119372
Was that supposed to impress me? Because every other FF barring 12 had a much better battle theme.
>>
>>383119225
9 boring furry shit

6 is gay and made everyone who played it gay
>>
>>383119372
XV honestly has the weakest OST in the series.
>>
>>383119564
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFJGo_FjAt4
>being delusional
>>
>>383119569
>6 is gay and made everyone who played it gay
6 and 7 were fucking waifu factories.
>>
>>383118165
i would agree, but i think the series plateaus at 7
>>
>>383119569
Still better than the game about an emo fag chasing after a mama's boy.
>>
>>383119592
ok I was shitposting before with the garbage DLC tracks but you are retarded if you think this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUxSIVLGGPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTnRDvpU4hQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DThM2o9ME7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniOUlRwaMM
>>
>>383118165
Considering the new one sold the most out of any of them/was critically recieved the best and had fun action combat instead of boring turn based trash and the PC version is going to have COOP, and the final fantasy 7 remake is also going to have fun action combat instead of boring turn based trash seems like the franchise is doing just fine in fact its doing better than its ever been.
>>
I've never played Final Fantasy or Zelda game and damn it feels good not to be pathethic weeb.
>>
>>383119847
>boring turn based trash
Under 18 detected.
>>
1-9 were good. 10 started to show the cracks. then like every other game company in the mid 00s they took the next logical step to run a series into the ground: they made a mmo. then advent children came out and that was the funeral.
>>
>>383119963
>talking bad about ffxi
oh boy kid you don't know the hell you've unleashed
>>
>>383120064
Nobody gives a shit about a MMO that's been dead for over a decade.
>>
literally one of the best in the series is out right now
>>
>>383119963
>2
>8
>good

no, if 10 "showed cracks" then 2 and 8 showed fucking canyons
>>
>>383119832
I'll cede to Hellfire and Omnus Lacrima, but that first one sounds like some kind of basic bitch Two Steps From Hell track, and Stand Your Ground is very forgettable. You could have at least used Up to the Challenge.

But yes, for an OST with over 100 tracks, barely a tenth of the songs on there truly stand out. I guess it's somewhat understandable though. There aren't any memorable worlds/towns, characters, scenes, or boss battles in FFXV with themes that could make someone look back and remember just how fucking awesome they were just by listening to them.
>>
>>383119832
some of the battle themes and the main theme are good but overall the soundtrack disappoints. The area themes (cape, lestallum, etc) are especially bland
>>
>>383118712
>t. brainlet
VIII > all
>>
>>383119952
I'm actually 23 I just don't have shit taste and like having fun in video games.
>>
>>383120701
>likes FFXV
>"I just don't have shit taste."
>basing the value of a game based on how well it sold

lmao @ your life
>>
>>383121330
Nah I base the value of a game based on how fun the gameplay is compared to the amount of content it has.
>>
>Old things are good
>New things are trash
>>
>>383120701
>acting like 23 is much different than 17
>no enjoying GOAT FF6 because of "muh turn based doesn't help muh ADD"
>>
>>383120339
XI and XIV, in terms of setting, overall story, and themes, are what post-IX Final Fantasy should have fucking gone with.

Maybe throw in an anime FF every so often to appease the VII/X-fags, but XI and XIV are fucking MMOs, yet more 'Final Fantasy' than anything else released in the past 15 years.
>>
>>383121434
>Nah I base the value of a game based on how fun the gameplay is compared to the amount of content it has.
I'm sure you love numale shit like Fallout 4, Witcher 3 and Last of Us, where you spend 90% of your time watching cutscenes, participating in QTE events, or walking from point A to point B for 30 minutes with literally nothing to do on the way there.
>>
>>383118165
Why do I get the feeling OP has only played the top 4 games and only ever played them in emulators?
>>
>6 is the masterpiece and not 5
>Dissidia being bad
>>
>>383121639
Only one of those games has a massive amount of cutscenes and its unrealistic for games to have things to do every single step also having to fight a boring RNG turn based battle every 10 seconds doesn't count as things to do thats just shit.
>>
File: mystiq quest.jpg (47KB, 495x343px)
mystiq quest.jpg
47KB, 495x343px
Where's the best game in the franchise?
>>
>>383121639
>Numale shit
>Implying turn based isn't as hipster or I suppose I should say /v/ipster as any cuck can get
>>
File: 1499388181685.png (261KB, 634x586px)
1499388181685.png
261KB, 634x586px
The problem is that FF simply shouldn't be a "series" games, at least not anymore. When each game triesvto reinvent the formula you are not a series. The games are held back by having the need to have to somewhat tie into each other in some form. If each title could be it's own "series" they could break away and become something else instead of having some mechanic or whatever forced in because "the last game did it".
>>
File: 1497298983415.jpg (13KB, 285x255px)
1497298983415.jpg
13KB, 285x255px
>>383121639
>Liking games for the gameplay is a bad thing now
Neo /v/ everyone
>>
>>383121434
>on how fun the gameplay is
If you actually did, then you wouldn't like XV :^)
>>
>>383121738
>Only one of those games has a massive amount of cutscenes
The other 2 only have lots of cutscenes.

>its unrealistic for games to have things to do every single step
When did I say otherwise. But it's insane to have to walk around open fields for 40 minutes with fuck all to do just for some fetch quest shit.

> having to fight a boring RNG turn based battle every 10 seconds doesn't count as things to do thats just shit.
I'd rather do that than walk around doing nothing.
>>
>>383121656
Your other point is fine but
>"he played on an emulator so it doesn't count"
Autism
>>
>>383121826
>>Implying turn based isn't as hipster or I suppose I should say /v/ipster as any cuck can get
Turn based isn't hipster, it's just a retro way of playing. By your logic chess is hipster because it's not in "muh real time"
>>
>>383118165
Have you ever seen an image that is autism. So much so you feel bad for OP and the original creator of the image? That is your image OP.
>>
>>383119353
All main games before XI were the same formula with barely any changes.
>>
>>383122146
>The other 2 only have lots of cutscenes.
No they don't
>I'd rather do that than walk around doing nothing.
Yeah good thing that doesn't happen and there's actually fun action combat around almost every corner in both Witcher and Fallout 4.

Turn based is boring its not fun gameplay sorry my dude its just a glorified board game.
>>
And why is FF7 a "fall from grace?"
>>
>>383122293
"I never played the games but wanted to reply"
>>
>>383122207
Chess isn't trendy so its not hipster.
>>
>>383122025
Literally this. If every game wasn't called "final fantasy" and was accepted as its own thing none of this shit flinging would exist on what are the "good" and "bad" games.
>>
>>383121627

Man, this. I honestly didn't believe we'd ever seen Amano translated into 3D graphics as well as Zenos Yae Galvus, or Azys Lla.
>>
>>383122326
>No they don't
Yes they do.
>Yeah good thing that doesn't happen and there's actually fun action combat around almost every corner in both Witcher and Fallout 4.
When you're not walking around doing nothing in Fallout you're shooting fucking animals.

>Turn based is boring its not fun gameplay sorry my dude its just a glorified board game.
"herr derr it's like a board game, so that disqualifies it from being a good video game". "Now let me watch a 30 minute cutscene, do a bunch of QTE;s, and walk around a field for an hour - now THIS is a video game!"
>>
>>383118165
>implying crystal bearers wasn't comfy as fuck
>>
>>383118712
>>383119963
>Shitting on X
It was the best FF game since VI.
>>
>>383121627
Or just not have them be a series and be their own games.
>>
>>383122581
>It was the best FF game since VI.
It started the nuFF trend
>tons of cutscenes
>meh soundtrack
>graphics over gameplay
>annoying protaganist
>uninteresting love plot
>>
>>383119712
VII was the most popular cause it was the first 3D in the franchise, but VI had more depth and better characters.
>>
>>383122501

Do you consider dialogue a cutscene? Because if you don't, then Witcher 3 probably has less cutscenes than any FF.

If you do, it STILL has less cutscenes. Have you looked at the scripts for these games? There is so much fucking talking in EVERY iteration of FF, you could just click through it faster because they didn't have VAs. That's literally the only difference.

Also, Witcher 3 doesn't have QTE's. Witcher 2 did, but they're almost completely absent from the third. I say 'almost' because it's possible I'm forgetting one.

Also ALSO, Witcher 3 is pretty as fuck. Riding on horseback through the countryside is, frankly, enjoyable.

Mostly it just sounds like you have the attention span of a gnat.
>>
File: 1084098-alys.jpg (27KB, 480x480px)
1084098-alys.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
final fantasy was never good
>>
File: GSFKI.png (170KB, 736x689px)
GSFKI.png
170KB, 736x689px
>>383122501
>Yes they do
Dude what the fuck are you talking about Fallout 4 has like 3-5 cutscenes as for The Witcher 3 most of the game is doing shit around the world like legit 90% of the game.

Like goddamn dude if cutscenes add up to like a total of 30 minutes to an hours worth of content in a game and the rest of the game is 300+ hours of pure gameplay is "a lot of cutscenes" boi you got some warped defintions of "lots" also QTEs? Wtf? Fallout 4 doesn't have a single QTE and I don't remember any in the witcher 3 either.

Have you even played those games you cuck?
>>
>>383122761
>fallout 4 has like 3-5 cutscenes
If you mean before reaching diamond city, yeah.
>>
>>383122639

>annoying protagonist

...okay, I love IX, and VIII aint bad, but Squall and Tidus are equally as annoying as Tidus, if not more so in Tidus' case. Cloud is actually pretty good, and Terra literally doesn't HAVE a personality (and Locke doesn't really have much more of one). Protagonists are, invariably, one of the weakest characters in a given FF, across the board.
>>
>>383122740
>Do you consider dialogue a cutscene? Because if you don't, then Witcher 3 probably has less cutscenes than any FF.
I only care about FF I, IV, V, VI, VII, and IX. So no, Witcher 3 doesn't have less cutscenes than any FF (that I care about).

>Also ALSO, Witcher 3 is pretty as fuck. Riding on horseback through the countryside is, frankly, enjoyable.
So you went from "there's always something to do" to "eh, there's nothing to do, but you get to do it on a horse and it looks nice"

>Mostly it just sounds like you have the attention span of a gnat.
I grew up in the pre instagram/youtube era where we could watch an ENTIRE MOVIE without checking our phones 900 times. It has nothing to do with attention span, I just like my games to be GAMES (one way or another, even if it is a board game simulator). The idea of just WATCHING cutscenes in a game, doing QTE's, and wandering around in a field on a horse is fucking insane to me.
>>
>>383122897
Noctis was actually the best character in his game, but that's only because everyone else was shit and neglected.
>>
File: me4m4ma.png (783KB, 802x523px)
me4m4ma.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>383122859
>Starts up Fallout 4
>Intro Plays
>Current Cutscence Count 1
>Make it to Diamond City
>Current Cutscene Count is still 1
>>
File: ignis.png (466KB, 540x675px)
ignis.png
466KB, 540x675px
>>383123023
>Noctis was actually the best character in his game
No.
>>
>FFXIV 2.0 and beyond is now the best thing SE has produced in over 10 years
OH WEW LAD
>>
>>383122897
>Terra literally doesn't HAVE a personality (and Locke doesn't really have much more of one)
They're weak but there, don't lie. Terra is someone confused about her past and emotions and is unsure of her meaning in the world. Locke is a thrill seeker who is haunted by his past and overcomes it by finding a new purpose in both his mission and Celes.

Is it good? Not really, but it is there.
>>
>>383123073
THATS IT!
>>
>>383122942

>sat through a move without checking our phone
>watching cutscenes is bad

I'm genuinely confused here. If we ignore the cognitive dissonance here, there aren't even particularly many cutscenes in Witcher 3, again, unless you count dialogue, in which case, proportionally, Witcher 3 and FFVII, IX and VI have deeply comparable amounts of 'cutscenes'. The only reason they seem longer is because they're voiced.

I mean, fuck, you had an entire suite of games to pick from and you picked Witcher 3 over, say, literally ANY MGS?

The post you're replying to is my first in the thread. I have no problem with travel time, and I'd question the idea that grinding is superior as opposed to different.

Also, Witcher 3 (and apparently Fallout 4, I haven't played) completely lack QTEs as far as I can remember.
>>
>>383123073
Ignis may be the perfect waifu but he's still as neglected as the others are.
>>
>>383123138

Okay, fair. I was exaggerating about Terra. She's still a pretty bland character, and so are most of the characters in VI. Cyan, Sabin, Edward and Setzer, and Celes all have some stuff going on, but the game (like almost all of the games before it) was incredibly weak on characters.
>>
>>383118165
XII is the best one faggot. Zodiac Age is going to show everybody just how great it truly was.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.