[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought this during the sale, but it was the "Ultimate Edition"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

File: FNV_box_art_(US).jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_box_art_(US).jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
Bought this during the sale, but it was the "Ultimate Edition" that comes with a shitload of DLC including new starting equipment. Would it be advisable to completely ignore/possibly even uninstall all this stuff or does it not detract from the experience for a first time player?
>>
>>383117794
Just ignore them until you find Benny
>>
It's just fancy starting gear, you'll be fine dumping it.
>>
I ignored it because I don't like to use stuff I didn't earn. It feels cheap
>>
>>383117874
shit didn't read the OP well, my advice for your staring gear OP is to choose which equipment suits you best for the build you go for and just sell the others
>>
They're all fucking weak as shit so it's hardly worth it anyway, should've given you a Holorifle or something not a fucking machete and a 10mm
>>
Keep the main dlcs installed and maybe just pick one weapon pack to start with if you don't want to be overpowered early.
>>
>>383117919
That's what I'm worried about. Is it overpowered?
>>
>>383117987
no the weapons are very weak fun collectibles tho
>>
>>383118068
I see.
>>
>>383117794
None of it's OP stuff that'll shoot you ahead or anything, so you can use it or sell it or dump it as you want.

The grenade launcher and the armor are the most questionable parts. Maybe the shotgun. After that it's just stuff you'll pick up in the area anyway, albeit at full repair level.
>>
>>383117794
There is no reason to play New Vegas without mods, ever.
>>
>>383118129
armors ok but you'll find better armor almost immediately. has a unique look to if your into that sort of thing.
>>
>>383118319
*armors are ok
>>
>>383118295
Damn nigga that's some good reading comprehension
>>
>>383118386
There are thousands of mods that disable the DLC starting equipment while still offering it at a later point in the game.
>>
>>383118927
I'd use Jsawyer
>>
>>383117794
install jsawyer, it distributes the items around the game so it's not completely retarded
>>
>>383117794
I personally pick a set that matches my backstory in mind for my character, and drop the rest. After all, it's not like Benny would have taken all of your stuff. He just wanted the Chip.
>>
File: Boomer_end_slide_03.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Boomer_end_slide_03.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Of all the minor factions in FNV which one had the biggest potential to grow into a powerhouse?

Is it the Boomers?
>>
>>383117794
https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas#Essential_improvements
>>
>>383117794
There's a mod that hides them in reasonable locations instead of dumping them on you at the start.
>>
>>383122406
stop shilling this garbo wiki
>>
>>383117794
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/46251/?
>>
>>383122171

Boomers are too autistic and also reliant upon their massive, but limited weapon stockpiles. They would slowly waste missles on fiends and raiders while being generally disliked by everyone they come in contact with.

Minor faction with the most potential is Jacobstown, albeit unwittingly.
>>
>>383117794
I just started playing this and, does the character ever fucking gain the ability to move faster? Jesus fucking christ. Walking from place to place is a fucking nightmare.

I just leave the starting town after killing the powder gangers or whatever, and some military guy tells me to talk to their leader, and I can't fucking find him anywhere. What the fuck. Takes me ages just to walk around and find nothing.
>>
>>383122171
Great Khans, in one of the endings they head north-east and are joined by the Followers. There they carve their own empire
>>
>>383126024
Also, is there a place to store all my shit?
>>
>>383126024

Posts by a hopeless casual
>>
>>383117794
sell everything but the leather armor and machete, vault 13 suit and pistol & canteen

everything else in that pack is useless trash
>>
>>383126140
>grenade rifle
>useless
>>
>>383124394
Care to elaborate on that? Because unless Doc Henry goes miles above his own optimism; Jacobstown is a quagmire. It already failed before on Black Mountain just because of the schism between a Nightkin and the 1st gen leaders. Unless effective treatment is made, sustainably produced, and forcibly regimented to the Nightkin, which will be its own problem but also a problem when a Nightkin flips out and does something to draw the attention of the enraged populous.

Not that I think the Boomers are sustainable; but "running out of stockpile" can be managed.
>>
>>383126247
its a waste to use on the trash mobs around goodsprings and nigh useless against the deathclaws/giant radscorpions

you'd get better value from selling it + its ammo
>>
>>383126024
only by 10% and wearing light armor
level 4 and 45 survival, perks called travel light
>>
>>383126024
i find it more fun to just jump everywhere

it gives the illusion of moving faster
>>
>>383126024
you haven't unlocked the motorcycle?
>>
thinking of going a super heated fist, light armor run
am i doomed to rely on chems?
>>
>>383126082
Right after the bandits try to kill you (that turn after Nipton) theres a farm, I forget what its called but the containers there don't respawn I think.
Otherwise, wait till you get to new vegas
>>
>>383126613
get the chemist perk and day tripper perk and then make a ton of rushing water
>>
>>383122171
Boomers will go the way of the Brotherhood. They'll run out of resources and since they are so detached from the main population and don't attempt to make any allies, other than some trading partners, they'll eventually run out of ammo and get raped by raiders or annexed by the NCR/Legion. Most factions in New Vegas won't last. The BoS is a dead end, at least the mojave chapter. Novac gets BTFO by the battle of Hoover Dam and even though it can remain independent, there's no way it will flourish. Goodsprings can have small boom depending on the ending, but it's essentially a hick town for old people, so it won't go anywhere. Primm is Primm. The powder gangers and fiends are just raiders. North Vegas and Freeside depend too much on Vegas to branch out and become powerhouses. The followers are dependent on the NCR or other factions to be useful. Jacobstown might boom if Doc Henry completes the cure and it manages to unite all the mutants in the area, while maintaining good relations with humans, but that's a big if. The khans have the most potential going by that ending that literally says they create a powerful empire after moving out of the mojave. The dead horses/sorrows can become powerful if they join up and receive enough education to quit being shitty tribals and wipe out the 80's, turning Zion into their haven, but that would take too long and it's not happening before the NCR or someone else gets there and colonizes them.
>>
>>383126772
>>383126082
Get the room at Novac, has a safe and a footlocker
>>
File: kaichou_super_blush.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kaichou_super_blush.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>383127327
Jeez anon..... we're NOT together.... *blush*
>>
Can someone tell me why aiming in this game is so retarded? I have my target perfectly in the bolt action rifle ironsights and still miss.
>>
>>383128982
do you have yup instealled? iron sights are off center / bugged in vanilla.
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/?

also try
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55739/?
>>
>>383128982
Weapons in this game are affected by your skills and strength. It tells you in the pip-boy when you highlight a weapon what you need.
>>
>>383129208
Damn....
>>
>>383117794
JSawyer mod changes the way you get all the starting stuff, its scattered around the world instead of handed to you all at once becoming a god

Difficulty is completely overhauled too and a lot more enjoyable imo
>>
>>383117794
Nah it's pretty non-intrusive IMO. I like having the DLC to play when I'm halfway through the story.
>>
>>383117794
Makes no difference, makes the game a lil easier at the beginning namely the 10mm weathered pistol, but is quickly superseded unless you take pistol perks
>>
>>383127156
As someone who sided with the PGs a lot, i think a lot of people underestimate them as raiders. They can actually hold up towns and land unlike the chem addicted fiends. They remind me of unique bandits in M&B, because left unchecked they can be something fierce
>>
File: Caravan_shotgun.png (1015KB, 3000x850px) Image search: [Google]
Caravan_shotgun.png
1015KB, 3000x850px
>>383117878

Good for selling for pennies.

>Metal armor

I still use it to this day. But all the armor looks fucking gay

>Grenade rifle

Good against nightkin, but maybe not even them. Sold it once I got Annabelle.

>Caravan Shotgun

Lever action shotgun B this TFO
>>
>>383130969
They aren't very tough though. They got lucky against the NCR incompetence but a bunch of well organized settlers can take them on.
>>
>>383127156
BoS in the west now idolizes Maxson from FO4 and adopted his policies on stuff. They have the potential to be a major force with new recruits.
>>
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJXVJ79zxMQ
>>
how buggy is tale of two wastelands?
>>
>>383126024
Install a sprinting mod they didn't have a spring feature in the game
>>
I think I'm nearing the conclusion of the main storyline, what are some good mods I should use for the DLC and a new game later on?
>>
They're starting weapons. They don't do much aside from getting replaced or sold. OR you can be a hoarder and keep them as collection.
>and here we have this shitty pistol that for some reason I kept
>>
>>383134841
http://fallout.gamepedia.com/JSawyer
>>
>>383122171
>Ribbons on sleeves.
>Vietnam ribbon in an AU where 'Nam never happened.

Triggered.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.