[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I missed so much from PS2 generation and i want to play them,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
I missed so much from PS2 generation and i want to play them, but there aren't that many PS2 games on PS4 store, why can't they hurry up and put more of them?
>>
>>383110720
Because they don't give a fuck about you.
>>
>>383110830
I bought Ape Escape 2 and Twisted Metal Black, Ape Escape 2 was pretty lame and i wish they would put Ape Escape 1 there and Twisted Metal Black is too hard and too outdated, hell you use square to drive
>>
>>383110720
They're upscaling each game and fucking with the memory addresses to add trophies plus QA which means you're probably getting a game once every 6 months. Meanwhile on Xbox One, the backwards compatibility is on an OS level so Microshit is literally just running the whole Xbox 360 system, where their only obstacle is to do QA and solve licensing problems so you get new games at a pretty damn good pace, making you actually care about this program.
>>
>>383110720
Apparently Sony execs decided that BC is something that people demand but don't really buy because who would want to play games that look like that anymore?
>>
>>383113731
Sales would seem to say that bc just isn't that important to the average consumer. Thank fuck for emulation.
>>
Just emulate?

Even my cheap mame cab pc from 20010 can emulate a good deal of ps2 games.
>>
>>383114026
It isn't, though. I love BC, but it honestly isn't something more than a small portion of consumers care about, and most of those people still buy the next system anyway.
>>
>>383114271
sorry, this was meant for
>>383113731
>>
>>383110720
because of the stupid mandate they all have to have trophy support, which requires far more time and money than older PS2 classics and basically limits the catalog to games that have already had 7th gen console ports
>>
>>383114187
Man, a cab from 20010 must be really powerful.
>>
>>383114445
>and basically limits the catalog to games that have already had 7th gen console ports
Barely any of the games they ported this way had 7th gen ports.
>>
>>383113731
They didn't just decide that, they used data to come to the conclusion
And it's true, most people will play the new stuff on a new console, not old games they have
Xbox has BC and yet it's still a huge failure compared to PS4
Also, if you remember, PS3 was BC with PS2 games but that also didn't help it beat out Xbox

Don't get me wrong, I would adore BC so much personally, but from the perspective of most people, it's an inane feature
>>
>>383110720
Whatever you do, don't buy Star Ocean 3. It's a crashfest. Unplayable.
>>
>>383117470
If anything initial BC on ps3 may have hurt it by driving the price up, since they went hardware bc for the launch models.
>>
>>383110984
>hell you use square to drive

You can actually accelerate forward by using the right analog stick and tilting up. It's easier to control if you just drive around using the two analog sticks.

TMB's single player is definitely way too difficult, especially for a newcomer. There's cheat codes, though, including a God Mode that makes you invincible, gives you access to all weapons and infinite ammo/meter/turbo. Since the game just throws you into the thick of things and assumes you know how to play a Twisted Metal game, if you're new you should probably put that code in to be able to learn the game.
>>
>>383111683
except only mainstream shit has backwards compatibility.

You cant play nor Ninja gaiden 2 wit the ""360 backwards compatibility"" nor NGB with the original one.
>>
Sony execs don't believe in BC because games on PS2 were games not movies and they know everyone wants to play movies now which push liberal progressiveness like the Last of Us and Uncharted.
>>
>>383117607
That's also very true, the PS3 was 600$ at launch and guess what, Sony was still losing money with each sale at that price
It's not worth it to drive up the price just so you can play some old games for a new system, but architecture of the PS4 is how Sony consoles will be for the future
So maybe having BC won't drive the price up
>>
>>383117953
Yeah, there's a fairly low chance the ps5 won't have BC.

It's funny, cause when they needed to drop the price of the ps3, what got cut? The hardware BC. Bam, $500 ps3s.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
>>383110720
Why can't you hurry up and get a PS2? Sounds like you aren't THAT bothered anyway OP.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.