[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the /v/erdict on Resistance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Resistance_3_box_artwork.png (50KB, 250x301px) Image search: [Google]
Resistance_3_box_artwork.png
50KB, 250x301px
What's the /v/erdict on Resistance
>>
Cool monsters
Bland protagonists
Brown/10
>>
Bretty good overall
2 was bad because of the two weapon limit, thank fuck they fixed it for 3
>>
Decent/10

2 was the best.
>>
1 is alright
2 is shit
3 is pretty good
Retribution is trash
Burning Skies is meh
The second book is good
>>
>1
pretty good probably the only worthwhile ps3 exclusive for a long ass time. playing it on the hardest difficulty makes for some intense as fuck firefights
>2
probably the worst one, they fucked up by trying to emulate cod. also i didnt like the story at all. apparently, the co op or some shit were really fun in this game but i never experienced it since i played this game way after it came out
>3
was very good and is probably the best one from what i played. too bad the fucking game froze after the boat level. its not that big of deal because the game goes for like 5 dollars so i can always buy another copy but the install times on the ps3 are so god damn slow.
>retribution
i had fun with it. controls like syphon filter on psp which was a very smart thing to do. had some good times playing this online.
>burning skies
dont own a vita so i never played, didnt even know this game existed until recently.
>>
File: 983471.jpg (92KB, 600x953px) Image search: [Google]
983471.jpg
92KB, 600x953px
How's the comic?
>>
A series with unfortunately a lot of wasted potential. I enjoyed the lore, after I did some digging, but everything just felt so unpolished, and it hit during a time when there was a glut of shooters like that out there, so it's probably going to be forgotten to time ultimately. Story-wise, I thought it was unique how they dropped you in a hopeless situation, and for every small victory you achieved, it just kept getting worse and worse. They did a good job of making it feel like you were gradually losing ground as the series progressed, to the point where all of humanity that's left by 3 is just little isolated pockets of people who's only feasible strategy is to hide from the Chimera. I liken it to George Romero's original "Dead" trilogy in that regard.
>>
I remember resistance 2 because it was the only good multiplayer on ps3 (at the time)
>>
2 was the best

that multiplayer
>>
2 was the only good game Insomniac made since Ratchet 3.

The others are shit.
>>
>>383106981
1 was decent
2 tried to fix some things but then fucked with other things
Never Played 3

Everything was Malikov's fault
>>
>>383110183
I loved the lore of the first one, too bad the second one kind of dropped the ball.
I really wish they continued the series
>>
>>383106981
Mediocre FPS trash that PS3 fanboys hype up to be far better than they really are, like Uncharted, Infamous, Killzone etc.
>>
>>383112103
>>383112296

t. CoDfags
>>
>>383112821
It had the boots on the ground bullshit but the R&C charm it was pretty good
also was there an 8 player coop or was that just mp on one system?

>KillZone
fuck you operations mode was the coolest mp mode for anygame
>>
File: 1496885008528.png (390KB, 595x468px) Image search: [Google]
1496885008528.png
390KB, 595x468px
>>383108491
2's co-op was really fun. Having classes, unlockable weapons and upgrades made it have this MMO-raid like feel.
>>
>>383112103
This. Campaign was whack but 8 player online coop was so damn good. I have such fond memories of it. I wouldn't even want to touch another multiplayer game if I could keep playing that.
>>
I remember playing the first one a ton since it was pretty much the only game on PS3 for a year.

Never played the sequels, but I really like the box art for the third game.
>>
>>383106981
I liked it more than the first two
>>
File: resistanceburningskies02.jpg (56KB, 1240x697px) Image search: [Google]
resistanceburningskies02.jpg
56KB, 1240x697px
I liked this game. Yeah it was really rough around the edges but at least it was non stop shooting. None of that phony operator stealth shit that you see in Call of Duty or Killzone.
>>
>>383106981
good game - shit platform
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.