[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monster Hunter World 20 mins of gameplay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 527
Thread images: 64

File: IMG_2553.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2553.png
2MB, 1334x750px
This kills the bing bing wahoo machine.
https://youtu.be/zNfK-YqLUbU
>>
Sony won.
>>
Monsters eating monsters in real time. Fucking glorious.
>>
>>383104558
charge that fucking gs reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
who /boycott/ here?
>>
>>383105151
only (you) I guess
>>
>>383105151
Did we boycott your handheld toys when Nintendo had the rights?
>>
>>383104558
> qte garbage
> muh cinematics
> looks/plays like a shittier HZD
> hand holding lights
nintenbros were bragging about having this series ?
>>
File: IMG_1627.jpg (181KB, 606x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1627.jpg
181KB, 606x810px
>>383105151
Why? Its literally the monhun I've been waiting so many years for
>>
File: exclusives.jpg (96KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
exclusives.jpg
96KB, 620x350px
>>383104669
>>
File: 1497961514991.jpg (119KB, 653x797px) Image search: [Google]
1497961514991.jpg
119KB, 653x797px
>>383104558
DELETE THIS ITS NOT FAIRRRRRRRR
>>
>>383104558
>only 86K views
yeah, the killer.
>>
>>383104558
Never played MH games, shit looks clunky as fuck with general bad gameplay just like any other "hunting" games. I played God Eater and was incredibly bored. I bought Freedom Wars really cheap on Vita and thought it was alright because MUH GRAPPLING HOOK but other than that it ran like shit and had mediocre gameplay.

Is MH really that different from the rest ?
>>
>>383105002
haha. Every player they've shown is so shit it's almost glorious.
>>
>sonyfriends still trying to rev up the damage controls after
>A) game is not exclusive
>B) games looks casualized for westerns
>C) game will flop cause Sony friends will not even buy it just shitpost about Switch not getting a port
you guys will KILL Mon hun, I hope you are ready to carry that weight
>>
I don't know what kind of MH fan you are if you watch this and say it isn't Monster Hunter.

It's fine if you're not interested or don't want to spend the money for a console you might not already own just for one game or whatever, but to call it not Monster Hunter is a flat out lie.
>>
>>383106527
No it's slow paced, shitty boring combat. Atleast Dragons Dogma is playable, because it has fast paced combat, but I expect a fun DMC like action game hunting dinosaurs and was very disappointed.
>>
File: IMG_2311.jpg (53KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2311.jpg
53KB, 600x600px
This is the monster hunter yet game we've been asking for. Mfw that final battle beteeen the two monsters happened while the player blasted away with the bow gun like his life really depended on it. This will be amazing, Point blank period.
>>
>>383104558
Looks like garbage, I though Monster Hunter would have evolved by now by from the first game.
>>383104669
>Sony won.
>but Xbone and PC get the game
>>
Guys, you're only supposed to START the thread with a shitpost.

Not sure how I feel about the tracking flies. Sure, they're casualize the game a bit, but I can see why the devs would think they're necessary when the environments are so much more complicated than they used to be.

>monster swallows another monster whole and regurgitates it for its young
That's 10/10 material for me and I ain't even a vore fetishist.
>>
it's going to have ff 15 combat
>>
>>383108142
As far as I'm concerned, pre-hunt in previous games was practically meaningless. You either knew where the spawn was and just ran straight there, popped a psychoserum and ran straight there, or wandered around aimlessly and waved at the dragonseer.

Absolutely anything they can do to spice up this portion of the game, even tracker bugs, is better than what they currently have.
>>
>>383108142
I'm just hoping the tracking flies aren't optimal
I'm fine with them existing as long as they're something you should be aiming to do without once you get good
Make them get distracted by shit, take unnecessarily long detours and lead you through dangerous places and shit so they're a tool for when you're new or a "ok fuck this where's the monster" thing, but good players would mostly just ignore them
>>
What the fuck did they do to HBG rolls? Why can't they get anyone competent to play this shit.
>>
Still worried about westernization, but just seeing the small changes to the weapon animations makes me excited. I really wish they would show off some more combat since that's the only thing I've ever cared about in this series.

I'm an idort so I don't really care about consolewar shit, I just hope they don't suck all of the fun out of one of my favorite games by turning it into casual trash. I think damage numbers are a good addition.
>>
>>383104558
>all those qte's

absolutely disgusting. I'll still probably buy it though.

Who else here PS4/3DS master race?
>>
>>383109403
Combat looks pretty bad, healing is now easier than ever, the environment is full of stupid traps, mounting is even easier, and the monster AI looked worse than ever thanks to monsters fighting each other. The map looked pretty obnoxious to run through too.
>>
Looks pretty fun desu.
>>
I don't think you understand why your first thread was deleted.
>>
>>383110328
I haven't been on /vee/ in 7 days Jason.
>>
>this boring unpolished garbage killing anything

lel lol wahoo
>>
>>383104558
>More of the same map, monster, and weapons
>Same path taken to show off Jagras and Rathalos

Wish they would stop showing the same thing
>>
>>383110816
It's literally all the game has. Prepare for 4 maps and 15 monsters.
>>
>>383104669
>pc
sonybros need to be gassed
>>383105151
why? the most shitty things are heal while walking/voice acting
mounting was already casual shit in 4U and even more cazualized in X with hitting the monster going from ruining the mount to helping it
as for the steal it already shows that it doesn't work for shit if you try to enter a bush right in front of the monster after entering combat
something that really bothers me is that the monsters ignore you way too much while doing their own shit or fighting each other
>>
>>383110816
>he really believed that the monsters would have random spawning points
>>
File: 1428157188542.jpg (360KB, 891x941px) Image search: [Google]
1428157188542.jpg
360KB, 891x941px
I'm so mad

Monster Hunter was never a Sony or Nintendo exclusive, stop trying to spin it in a way that supports your dumb brand loyalty you actual shills. Sony got a third gen monster hunter game for fucks sakes, there's an xbox monster hunter port that sucks but it's still a thing.
>>
I want this game to be good but something feels really off right now. I'm going to blame the artstyle used on the UI.
>>
I'm not sure how to feel.

If this is just straight up an open world survival monster hunter, it would be amazing and something that should've happened a long time ago.

But it seems like that from the tech demo that all the monster spawns are set right from the get go. I'm hoping Monsters will actually roam the map and spawn with some semi randomness based on their biomes so interesting things will happen.

Also, co-op hasn't been shown at all, which is the most important part of these games.
>>
Normal person
>let's talk about [game]
>let's have a [game] thread

Sonigro
>[someone other than Sony fans] WILL NEVER EVER GET TO PLAY THIS GAME
>Let's talk about [game] that [someone other than Sony consoles] WILL NEVER GET

This is why everyone hates you
Next you're going to call me a Nintenbro
>>
>>383104558

It's a big loss for Nintendo, but in no way is it going to dictate the success of the Switch. Monster Hunter sold 4 million at most on the 3DS which has an install base of 66 million.
Plus there's no telling what's in store for the Switch in terms of MH in the future.
>>
>>383109403
What "westernization" fuck off with these meaningless buzzwords.
>>
File: 1496942453916.jpg (103KB, 758x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496942453916.jpg
103KB, 758x720px
He literally could have killed that thing in 5 min tops even if he was a shit noob, the time they take to showcase every little thing that no one will ever use is really infuriating. Just hit the damn thing because that's all everyone will ever do, none of that environmental shit will ever be used.

I want to see a monster that actually requires some effort, at least in a fleeting screenshot or short movie or something.

I really hope they didn't simplify the combat just for environmental effect reasons. The combat and all its nuances is the reason I got into the game.
>>
No matter what sort of ills people say about MHW, at least it's not Frontier.
>>
>>383113557
Voice acting, for one. I'm assuming it makes games more "cinematic" for casuals but is shitty for games cause it adds development time and cost.
>>
No egg quests no buy
>>
>>383113562
>That no one will ever use
What are you talking about? Using free flash bombs/shock traps from bugs and big damage from falling rocks, if the monster is near it, will be great for hunting.
>>
>>383104558
I watched this yesterday and saw a better Monster Hunter game than that in my dreams, it was so exciting I actually woke up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding
>>
File: 1346361958988.jpg (55KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
1346361958988.jpg
55KB, 405x412px
>>383113250
You are a nintenbro because this game is also available on Xbox One and PC

kek
>>
>HBG can shoot while walking
lol
>>
>>383104960
FU baby detected, back in maaaaah day, we didn't even have charge attacks on the greatsword
>>
>>383114112

If he's a Nintenbro, he's likely got a PC too.
>>
>>383112834
It was, during their stream
https://youtu.be/qo147cgKsXQ?t=12m41s
>>
>>383114534
Point is he's false flag posting.
>>
>>383104558
I have little experience with Monster Hunter. I tried Monster Hunter 3 but it looked kinda ugly and felt clunky.

But this looks awesome. Are all character options big armored types with oversized weapons or are there rogue archetypes as well?
>>
>>383114935
There's no heavy or light armor, every character moves like that

all the weapons are super oversized and not as fast as other games but there's weapons for faster playstyles, especially the dual blades, sword&shield, insect glaive, and longsword
>>
>>383113562
Lol, capcom has already said they haven't dumbed anything down, they just made changes to adjust the gameplay for the newer mechanics, they said they have left the core combat exaxtly the same, just with new moves for weapons. The demo they keep showing is clearly for showcasing mechanics so obviously it's going to be piss easy.

>>383113895
I'm not against the environmental stuff entirely, but I really don't want it to take the place of utilizing traps and tools made and brought by the hunter, but it also seems like it would be overkill for both to exist, so I dunno, I'm sort of on the fence.
>>
>>383114935
Did you play tri or 3U? Because 3U Was a decent game and tri was factually the worst game in the series overall.
>>
>PC
>wanting your game to be pirated by all these scumbags
>>
>>383113250
But there was no shit storm when monster hunter 3 was announced for the wii instead of the ps3. I think the people shit posting are trolls who never played monster hunter and just want to stir up shit, or people who started playing monhun after 3 think that its jumping ship and are angry about it, but they dont realize mh has moved before.
>>
>>383113720
>voice acting is westernization.
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>383104558
>Looks beyond garbage
>Can skip it and wait for God Eater 3 instead for actual Monster Hunting and not a shitty wannabe Horizon Zero Dawn clone
>>
File: pugsPAm.png (16KB, 691x597px) Image search: [Google]
pugsPAm.png
16KB, 691x597px
there are some things that I like but a lot of things that I don't like. It really does feel like things are being casualized, and a lot of "cinematic" shit like other monsters fighting each other that just gets in the way of my hunt. I'm overall not a fan.

To the actual MH fans and not console warriors, was XX any good? I ended up dropping Generations for a number of reasons, that being the ungodly amount of drone monsters and my 3ds breaking before anything interesting could pop up, but even after getting a new one I never went back to it and kept playing 4. Is gunlance still shit.
>>
I want it to be good, I really do. It looks great.

But I'm scared. We haven't seen any other weapons, it all might be gummed up. Walking with HBG is weird enough, so what does that mean for the other ones, how are they gonna balance it? There's so many scary questions we don't have answers for.

I just want to be excited.
>>
>>383115719
Well it is, japan doesn't care whether there is voice acting, gibberish speak or just silence, meanwhile every western game has to have full english voice acting.
>>
I fucking hate the elitists and their imposed impression of the franchise--always unwilling to accept the facts of the franchise's limitations from having been born on the PS2 and never really being released on a platform where the develops could stretch their legs.

I wish the reception for this game wasn't so negative--it's the same series people fell on love with, but with some new additions and changes--but rather than be patient and wait for the facts, everybody's just so presumptuous and act like the game's releasing tomorrow. At this point, it's not even criticism.
>>
>>383114694
False flagging as what?
>>
I'm hyped as fuck for world. I've been playing since the original and I'm really happy to see a full multiplat game coming out and I don't get why people are so butthurt about it.

I am worried about shit, all sorts of stuff seems weird but the weirdest stuff I'm not fully on board with is the changing gear on the go because that shits on mission prep I wouldn't mind of there was a limit to it or something, and that mantle that stops knockbacks seems stupid to me. Overall though I can't say if the changes are actually good due to the shift in the way the game is going to work.
>>
>doens't look like there are seperate gunner/blademaster sets anymore
>skills are automatically activated, with what looks like levels on them for the tiers of the skills
While i prefered the old system for skills i can let the change slide, but fuck off with removing gunner/blademaster only sets, having them look unique between the two play styles was amazing and made sense.
>>
>>383116118
A Nintendo fan posting as a Sony fan trying to make sonyfags look dumb, how new are you?
>>
>>383115357
That's an understandable worry. Thought the environmental traps are only environmental. Situational, and can only be used where located. Probably limited as well. Like how a Diablos can get it's horns stuck in pillars after charging at them. But the pillar breaks eventually and can't be used again
>>
>>383105151
Seriously tired of these butthurt nintendo faggots.

As a PC fag I have never bitched about all the games I've wanted to play but didn't deliver to the platform I play on. From Read Dead Redemption, Blood Borne, to the entire Zelda franchise.

Suck it the fuck up you butthurt Nintendo fags, just because you lost an exclusive doesn't make it the end of the world.
>>
>>383116292
The fucking leaps here is amazing, no wonder sonybros are always voted the worst fanbase.
>>
>>383116292
What? How in any way is that post supposed to look as if it was made by a Sony fan? Are you retarded?
>>
Daily reminder that Lagombi has a ___ ____.
>>
>>383116406
big snowball?
>>
THIS! THIS WASN'T WHAT WAS *bing bing* PROMISED! *yee-ahoo* THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO *1-Up* BE OUR YEAR! *bing bing bing bing* WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON TOP! *Wah! Wah!*
>>
File: Scott.png (145KB, 377x379px) Image search: [Google]
Scott.png
145KB, 377x379px
>That new shoulder bash with the GS that just powers right through the monster's attack and staggers him
>>
I'm so hyped for this shit, and I haven't been hyped in a long time. The only problem I have with it so far is the handholding, hopefully that's just some tutorial shit, or at the very least toggleable.
>>
File: 1401040006984.jpg (302KB, 884x902px) Image search: [Google]
1401040006984.jpg
302KB, 884x902px
>>383116456
>If you're Japanese, or know moon, you get MHWorld and XX for the Switch
>>
File: 1495931032317.gif (889KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
1495931032317.gif
889KB, 500x286px
>>383116254
It looks they're using one of the low tier armours you get at the beginning of the game where it's gunner and blademaster, so I think those a still in. It's a shame about the skill system though, I hope they still keep things tight though when it comes to how many skills you can use.
>>383116456
go away shitposter.
>>
>>383106256
>>383109408
How do people still not know the difference between a QTE and a button prompt?
>>
>>383116456
Case in point.
>>
File: anti.png (2MB, 1000x839px) Image search: [Google]
anti.png
2MB, 1000x839px
>>383116592
>qte is optional so its a prompt not a qte
this is some next level shit
>>
>>383116310
Yeah see that's what I thought at first too and it was cool, but seeing how much more the gameplay revolves around leading and and baiting the monster around the map.
>>
>>383116451
FAT
BUTT
>>
>>383105151
Monster Hunter started as a Playstation exclusive, you worthless fucking crybaby Nintenbro.

I bought a 3DS just for 3 and 4. If you refuse to drop a little money for an Xboner or Gaystation 4, you deserve nothing and will get nothing.

FAGGOT
>>
>>383116571
What i'm thinking is skills like attack up and whatever else will have more levels on them, starting from a lower point, something like attack up very small, working up to very large.
This might make up for not having to have 10 points to activate the skill, but you would need a similar amount of the armor skill to get the same effect as having 10 points in the older games.

As for gunner/blademaster i am hoping the same, but they had 6 sets and none of them got grayed out when he switched between, so it has me worried.
>>
>>383116706
>wtf I have to move to not get hit?
>>
>>383115919
To be honest, Generations/X/XX had some nice QOL improvements, but made so many missteps that I'm hoping aren't included in MHW. First and foremost, the way weapons and armor were upgraded sucked so bad, and forced an unbelievable amount of grind, even for low level weapons. Just felt like a way to stretch out the progression in a game that didn't really have that many weapons in it anyway. Also it had way too much focus on fanservice. Gunlance changes sucked, they still don't know what to do with it. Too many cameos, there were about 8 types of tickets you were getting in the first few hours of the game, just too much "Remember this? Remember That?" Hated it. The entire style and hunter art system kind of sucked too, anything good from it could be reconstructed as an armor skill in future installments.

Some good things though:
Continued gathering/carving by holding down the button. Internal/Special Ammo on bowguns (though it felt like there was too much of it.) Giving all bows the powershot as a default move, and then an arc shot on top of that. And the hunting horn Double-Notes.
>>
>>383116706
don't waste your energy, they defend damage numbers and a heartbeat indicator which is pretty much a health bar.
>>
>>383116919
>reee numbers that I can turn off
game is ruined
>>
File: it was you.webm (374KB, 598x336px) Image search: [Google]
it was you.webm
374KB, 598x336px
>>383116759
I think the leading is just an option. If a player wants to lead monsters to each other so they can take some extra damage is on them. But in the time it takes them to lure, they could've been hitting. That's how I feel about it.
The other part of me thinks it's just to showcase that they fight as well. Instead of it being where monsters only target the hunter. Still want to see a Nerscylla hunt a Gypceros.
>>
>>383109408
There are no QTE'S
It's just the tutorial missions
Again, not a QTE
>>
>>383117014
>being so dumb that you need big flashing numbers to know if you are hitting the monster
sucks to be you.
>>
>>383116706
That is correct. You do not have to do it and can perform any other action you like without consequence.

It is not a quicktime event that gives you a game over if you fail.
It is simply there to tell retards how to perform the most effective action.

You completely fucking retarded moron.
>>
File: 1497584202539.png (467KB, 765x376px) Image search: [Google]
1497584202539.png
467KB, 765x376px
>>383116876
If you need prompts to dodge, MH, any of them at all, is not the game for you friend.
>>383116919
Damage numbers replacing bloodsprays and crit indicators is probably the general gameplay change that's pissed me off the most about this whole deal.
>>
>>383116706
Being optional doesn't have shit to do with it. QTEs are you pushing buttons while the game plays a predetermined series of events that don't really have anything to do with the core gameplay whereas a button prompt just tells you "press X to do Y".
>>
>>383116008
This is why no jap game fan likes dumb nintenbros, you have literally no idea how things works outside the very few series you keep buying over and over,
Reading your posts about how jap games work is like reading a post of a Dragonball fan about how anime works.
>>
>>383108664

Why are people so bothered by the flies when paintballs are a thing? Those literally show you exactly where the monster is on the map, why is that okay but flies are not?
>>
>>383117069
>Can't turn off optional feature because of the terminal autism

Damn that's a bummer, bro.
>>
>>383117146
Care to show me the cases where japan has gone apeshit over the voice acting of a game?
>>
>>383117150
BECAUSE IN THIS GAME THE GROUND IS TOO SOFT AND MY LEGS AREN'T BROKEN ENOUGH
>>
>>383117103

>becoming upset over optional features

unless the feature is mandatory and detrimental you shouldn't get upset
>>
>>383117103
Yeah the absolutely no bloodsplatters is whats really activating my almond, like since when is the west so afraid of blood that we have to show pebbles bouncing off the monster when we hit them?
>>
>>383117348
You are the same person who would argue for a difficulty setting in soulsborne games, fuck off.
>>
>>383117069
>being so dumb that you need big flashing numbers to know if you are hitting the monster
wow couldn't have not read the post any harder dumbo
>>
>>383116807
Fine by me. The franchise will die without my money.
>91k views
kek. Most of you Sonybros don't even want the game.
>>
>>383117430
how does a difficulty setting effect your experience
>>
>>383117430

I don't actually, I just don't get upset because something that is optional is now in the game.
>>
>>383117430
Because summoning 2 fucking people and buffing your estus flask with more healing isn't altering the difficulty in soulsborne games right?

Just because there isn't a difficulty slider in those games doesn't mean you can't alter the difficulty moron
>>
>>383117103
You can turn off the numbers, you fucking autistic manchild.

Also not a single fucking monster hunter ever released has shown blood in their gameplay previews. I am willing to bet money the final product will have blood.

"FOOTAGE REPRESENTING GAME STILL IN DEVELOPMENT"
>>
>>383117430
You are the same person who would complain about having to choose your language at an ATM
>>
>>383117517
They're online games, you dumbass.
>>
>>383117630

That is correct. It doesn't answer his question though. Are you retarded?
>>
>>383117587
And those are features that already existed in the game as a clutch for bad players, but people will still argue that the game benefits from a difficulty setting when they already have options in the game.
>>
File: 1497888213277.png (205KB, 758x631px) Image search: [Google]
1497888213277.png
205KB, 758x631px
>Sony cucks still trying to claim this is some sort of victory/exclusive
>Also available on xbone and pc
>>
>>383117589
>Also not a single fucking monster hunter ever released has shown blood in their gameplay previews. I am willing to bet money the final product will have blood.
THIS THIS THIS
It was like when everybody fucking complained that "they didn't show the gameplay we know in the reveal trailer" when EVERY SINGLE MONSTER HUNTER REVEAL IN EXISTENCE ONLY SHOWED THE NEW SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyaT07fv2zg&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>383117587
i don't think that anon was arguing that

its that even with summoning and estus some people are so bad that they just want settings that will automatically make themselves stronger and enemies weaker
>>
>>383117709
Since the game will be dead on PC and Xbox, yea it kinda is if you care about online
And in MH, you probably do
>>
>>383117796
>PSN
>Working

kek
>>
>>383117359
Early build footage has never had blood for Monster Hunter.

I wouldn't worry about it.
Also there are several interviews where the lead dev stresses how this is about advancing the stagnation of the series into something that can be a breakout global hit.
Pandering to the west is not the goal at all.

Here's at least one article with a quote:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/28/capcom-monster-hunter-world-can-look-forward-lots-post-launch-excitement/
>>
>>383117750
>Also not a single fucking monster hunter ever released has shown blood in their gameplay previews
>THIS THIS THIS
You literally just proved him wrong with those videos, the MH4 one has blood in it.
>>
>>383117709
But anon, it wouldn't FEEL right on other platforms. It's literally a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>383117796
>Will be dead on pc

Based on absolutely no evidence of course. Like a typical Sony cuck
>>
>>383117501
Nigger I'm an idort. You fucking nintenbros are so predictable it's pathetic.

>The franchise will die without my money

You need professional help.
>>
File: 1453846160413.jpg (50KB, 493x312px) Image search: [Google]
1453846160413.jpg
50KB, 493x312px
>>383117348
I'm upset that playing without the numbers puts you at a disadvantage, as it's less noticeable as to when you crit, and playing with would allow you to identify the monsters weak spots easily on a first run, which will be very important in world, seeing as only 10 classic monsters are returning.
>>383117359
I don't really care about the bloodsplats themselves, I just think numbers are a worse indicator and for those who disable, and unique visual ques for crits
>>383117589
>>383117845
I didn't know that about the blood splats. Never noticed in any of the trailers before World. Damage numbers still don't sit right with me though, but since there's no numerical health bars I guess it's alright
>>
>>383104558
Some stuff is cool, but Jesus fuck does a lot of it seem to be some other type of game. This isn't monster hunter at all, and it doesn't look to be a next gen leap that most people are claiming.

I'm all for QoL improvements, but this shit is beyond and strips all monster hunter flavor from the core and leaves a monster hunter wrapper to trick the casual consumer.
>>
It honestly looks like a MH knockoff.
>>
>>383117912
It's not being released on PC in japan. That's most of the playerbase gone right there.
>>
>>383117950

Did you also become furious with the new monsters in MH3 because you had to relearn their weaknesses? Fuck off, the damage numbers are optional and getting mad at them is like throwing a tantrum because your razor scooter has blue wheels instead of red.
>>
File: ss+(2017-07-07+at+06.18.04).png (441KB, 665x385px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-07-07+at+06.18.04).png
441KB, 665x385px
>>383117750
from the MH4 video you just linked
>>
>damage numbers
Not sure I like that.
The environment seems a lot more interactive which is kinda nice but I hope they bump up monster difficulty to compensate getting all those free stun/tangle whatever you want to call them.
Don't really know how to feel about the rest, guess I'll wait and see.
>>
>>383117889
Early builds not trailers, retard.
He was demonstrating the difference.

God you're fucking stupid. I would insult you but your life has to be hard enough as it is.
>>
>>383117889
You're right, I should've used the trailer for 2 or 3 because MH4 is the outlier as the only one to show blood. The point was that MH has a history of just showing the new shit and is not indicative of a sudden departure from what MH is.
>>
>>383117912
I mostly play on PC and know that only games that live on PC are dota, cs:go, lol, world of tanks, war thunder and some survival shit and that's about it

Everything else is on the brink of death or actually dead
Why would I think that monster hunter out of all things would have life on steam?
>>
You're a fucking idiot if you buy this on the PS4. It's literally meant to be played on the PC where it belongs.
>>
>>383104558
>Nintendo and Sony claiming exclusive rights on MH when there was none in the first place
>>
>>383117950
Damage numbers are fucking optional and you can turn them off you fucking raging autist. Holy shit.
>>
>>383118081
turn them off
>>
>>383118081

Don't judge the difficulty based on a tutorial and tutorial monster. That would be retarded.
>>
>>383118137
You'll still play with a controller though.
>>
>>383118108
>He was demonstrating the difference.
>gets BTFO by the post straight after his
God you're fucking stupid. I would insult you but your life has to be hard enough as it is.
>>
>>383118006
>That's most of the playerbase gone right there.
I hate to break it to you, but there is a reason they are releasing a westernized version.
>>
>>383117950
The jap gameplay stream showed plenty of hitstop when weak areas were being hit. Your argument could seriously be applied to older MH where you are now retroactively at a "disadvantage" in a fucking non-competitive game. Just leave dumb animeposter.
>>
Man, what the fuck are these scout flies. For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>383118060
No, I got furious with MH3 bosses because of underwater combat and none of the cool ones returned for 4.
>>
>>383118294

Then why are you now upset that you might need to spend time learning new weaknesses on new monsters? Are you stupid or just a hypocrite?
>>
>>383118208
I meant in general, not on this particular video.
>>
>>383117963
The core is hunt, carve, craft. If you believe otherwise then the series doesn't need newfags like you anyway.

>hurr durr my tedious bullshit time wasting features are gone abloo bloo bloo

I have wanted this Monster Hunter since 2 so you can eat a fat fucking cock.
The series is finally pulling itself out of the stagnation.
>>
>>383118271
Man, what the fuck are these paintballs. For what fucking purpose?
>>
>>383118125
Tri showed blood aswell my dude, but 2 and 1 did not
>>
>>383118440
>Tri
who?
>>
>>383118137
It'd be nice to play online without needing to pay extra for multiplayer service. But I play where my friends are playing and people around here play ps4 more.
>>
>>383118271
maps are bigger and the monster can be anywhere on them , the scoutflies replaced paintballs , scoutflies work like a hunting dog , they track scent ( desu it would be awesome to have a hunt doge in party)
>>
>>383118218
Nice comeback, retard.
I fucked you're mom.
>>
>>383117796
It'll be dead on PS4 too. Unless you think 2 million sales globally will be enough to keep the game alive?
>>
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

>- Damage to monsters now comes out as numerical values, but about here?

>Fujioka: In the past, it was the part I wanted you to judge the state by looking at the behavior of the monster, but it will not change even in this work. It has become visible to the eye that weak, stamina decreased, and so on.
>However, when listening to various opinions at home and abroad, there was a thing that there were a lot of painful parts to understand reactions. There was also a plan to put out a strength bar, but after all I wanted to leave elements to judge by looking at the monster, so I gave a numerical value in the sense of giving guidelines on how much damage is given.
>As a result, "Because we have less damage here, let's try aiming" or "This attribute is not effective, so let's try another equipment" and more.
>>
>>383118390
why did you bother responding if you're this retarded?
>>
>>383118353
Saying that it'll be important to learn weak points and new weaknesses isn't saying that it's a bad thing, anon.
>>
>>383118380

Not all hunts will be taking place in the tutorial area, and not all monsters will be as weak as a tutorial monster. Traps and mounting in MH4 didn't make everything trivial, so traps and mounting in MHW won't make everything trivial.
>>
>>383118550
mounting is litterally a get out of jail free card for whenever the monster becomes enraged though
>>
>>383118512
Not an argument
>>
WHY DO MONSTERS IGNORE YOU WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>383118506
Autistic number haters BTFO

Just turn it off, you aspergers ridden semen farmers.
>>
>>383118506
Jesus they may as well slap health bars all over the monster parts
>>
>>383118479
What are you, a necromancer?
>>
>>383118646
I just wish their stupid CM would say "you can turn them off" already. They'd have to be completely retarded to not make it an option, but this is Capcom we're talking about.
>>
>>383118512

What's the difference between a paintball and the flies? That you need to find the monster in a tiny map first? They still show you exactly where to go, just like the flies. It's a trivial difference at best, and you're biased because things aren't exactly the same as before.
>>
>>383118596
So are traps, autist.

>NOOOOO CHANGE PHYSICALLY HURTS ME REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>383118610
I love that though, the Jagras doesn't give a fuck about you because it's got other shit to do.
>>
>>383118596

Maybe in a low rank hunt. High and G it will give you a couple seconds of extra of damage before the monster stands up still enraged.
>>
>>383118610
WHY DO MONSTERS SPECIFICALLY TARGET ME DESPITE NOT DOING ANYTHING TO THEM WHILE THEY ARE SURROUNDED BY PREY WHAT THE FUCK
>>
Game looks better than I would have hoped for.
>>
My only fear at this point is that it'll be too easy
I can easily see it being easier than P3rd
>>
>>383118596
You have to spend basically the entire enrage timer spamming jump to even get the mount, dumbass.
>>
>>383106256
I never liked it. Its not really fun, its just tedious
>>
>>383118680
Well that explains why she didn't move around much.
>>
>>383118734
>So are traps, autist.
>when the monster is enraged
Maybe play the game series you are so adamant on defending changes for before you start shitposting.
>>
>>383118650

>instead of giant bright flashes there is a numerical value and that makes me angry

It was still ridiculously obvious when you were dealing high damage you autist
>>
>>383118816
LET ME STAND NEXT TO A MONSTER WITH NO ISSUES AND LOSE THE FEELING OF INTIMIDATION FROM THE SERIES
>>
>>383118873
>says this after Apex in 4
>>
>>383118686

IT WAS ALREADY CONFIRMED DURING E3

AUTISTIC

FUCKING

FAGGOT
>>
>>383118948

Did you ever actually feel any intimidation from a monster in monhun? Are you a giant dripping vagina?
>>
>>383118928
So you are so retarded that you need big bright numbers ontop of the big bright flashes to know you are doing damage?
Glad to know the kind of autist we are dealing with here.
>>
>>383118960
Mind linking it? I'm not the dopey autist that's been crying about them, just never saw confirmation it can actually be disabled. Like I said it should be an obvious thing but it's Capcom.
>>
>>383104669
>sony won
>releases on pc
>releases on xbox one as well
W E W L A D
>>
>>383118920
It's easy as fuck when someone is pulling aggro and/or you time it with a monsters attack

Jesus Christ you really are autistic aren't you?
>>
>>383119016
>He has never fought rajang or deviljho
>>
File: 1485885310629.gif (1MB, 266x268px) Image search: [Google]
1485885310629.gif
1MB, 266x268px
>>383116008
>Japan, the country that boycotts and sends death threats to franchises because their usual VA wasn't on the project, doesn't care about voice acting
>>
File: 1489300503922.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489300503922.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
>>383104558
I fucking hate the fireflies. I seriously hope they're optional.
>>
>>383119036

I'll be turning those off because I don't like them. I'm not autistic enough to start throwing a shitfit about things that are optional.
>>
>>383119052
yeah but, the japanese can only play on sony
>>
File: 1379579411784.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1379579411784.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>383119105
>ez monkey and sleepy pickle
>intimidating
>>
>>383106374
>>383111142
>>383119052
>>383107528
Doesn't matter. The important thing is that Nintenbros don't have it.
>>
>>383118948
>Implying three monsters gangfucking you during a G rank gathering quest was fun and satisfying

MY LEGS AREN'T BROKEN ENOUGH
THIS GROUND IS TOO SOFT
>>
>>383118819
it won't be to easy , they did say it already , it's proper mh5 , why do you think they will just drop all the challenge of fighting monsters ? it's what the game is known for and every player coming to this game wants that - cool and challenging boss monsters to fight. I believe this will be the best mh yet
>>
>>383119053
Ok seeing as you haven't played the series, let alone google anything, let me spell it out for you.
Monsters get out of traps ridiculously fast when enraged, it has nothing to do with placing the traps when they are enraged and everything about traps just being straight up useless in that situation.
>>
>>383119146
I fucking hate the paintballs. I seriously hope they're optional.
>>
>>383119105

Fought G rank of both of those. You are an actual child if you thought those things were intimidating when you're carrying enough healing items to regrow a leg.

I've had a few "oh shit" moments when a jho shows up in the middle of a hunt, but never felt intimidated.
>>
>>383119039
GO FIND IT
I HAVE SHITPOSTING TO DO

THERE ARE SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IT

STOP BEING FUCKING STUPID AND FUCK OFF
>>
>>383119239
(You)
>>
>>383119181
>it's proper mh5 , why do you think they will just drop all the challenge of fighting monsters ?
Not that I think he's right but Tri was proper mh3 and it was pure babby mode.
>>
>>383119146

Why are people so upset about that shit? They're literally living paintballs, what the fuck are you autists so upset by?
>>
File: MHWCamp.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MHWCamp.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Holy shit, the camp looks amazingly comfy. Can't wait til we see some village/city hubs.

The only thing that really annoys me is the scout flies, but I'm hoping you can turn them off.
>>
>>383119285
(Still not an argument)
>>
>>383119324
I just think they are annoying as fuck, the swarm of them is very intrusive and distracting, and if i can have an option to just remove them that would be fantastic.
>>
>>383119146
>Adding a little extra tracking mini-game is worse than memorizing spawn locations in an assortment of small maps
lmao @ ur life
>>
>>383119224
>You've never played it
>You've never played it
>You've never played it

They recover from mounts quickly as well, Mr. Projector.

Thank you for answering my question about your high-level autism. I'm sorry for your family's burden.
>>
>>383119342
>Puns still exists
Hope restored.
>>
File: 1421618604031.png (146KB, 528x439px) Image search: [Google]
1421618604031.png
146KB, 528x439px
>>383119462
>voiced cat puns

no
>>
>>383119428
Well you clearly haven't played it otherwise you would have known what i was talking about when i pointed it out, its ok to admit your shitposting anon, its obvious to the rest of us.
>>
>>383119589
The cat still sounded like a bunch of angry meows from the gameplay when i heard it, so no voices for them thank god.
>>
>>383119409

Good thing those don't activate until you look for evidence of the monster like footprints. As far as gameplay is concerned, they are optional
>>
>>383118610
Jagras seem to not give a fuck until provoked. Great Jagra in the first showing intentionally ignored the hunter after eating. It is actually pretty nice to see monsters doing this that aren't Basarios, Barroth, Hypnocatrice, Espinas, and Divinesight Mizu for once
>>
>>383119815
To be fair we don't know if they go full swarm after finding the monster without evidence or not.
>>
File: 20170707_044658.jpg (427KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_044658.jpg
427KB, 2048x1152px
>>383119605
WRONG FAGGOT

YOU ARE A RETARDED AUTIST

JUST FUCKING LEAVE
>>
>>383119815
They also level up from just fighting the monster it seems, thats my main worry that just from fighting they will go from level 1 to 3 and just become an annoying swarm.
>>
>>383119863

There is 90% chance the flies will only track if you press a specific button. If they are just constantly flying out of your body, then I agree that's fucking annoying.
>>
>>383119902
post rank
>>
>>383119958
>There is 90% chance the flies will only track if you press a specific button
That's a good point, but they really don't make it clear from the footage. It seems like they just do their own shit like when they point out gathering spots to the player.
>>
>>383113895

Thanks to the damage floaters, we can see the rock amounted to maybe 2 uncharged hits with the GS. Even playing badly you'll probably do more damage with the same amount of time/effort by just hitting it.
>>
File: 1499382215437.png (341KB, 774x736px) Image search: [Google]
1499382215437.png
341KB, 774x736px
>this whole thread
>>
>>383119961

No
Go home, gamer girl
>>
>>383119863
when you spot a monster you got him marked on the map without looking for clues , look at great jaggras , he was marked on the map from the time you saw him in the begging , he had a marker on the map and minimap
>>
>>383119902
Do you emulate FU?
>>
>>383104558
>people in the comments still saying shit like "pc has no real games" and no one will play this on PC

I know I shouldn't expect much out of Youtube comments, but come on. These statements are outdated by at least 8-10 years.
>>
wait

is this gonna be open ubiworld? looks like it from the gameplay
>>
>>383120270
Has nothing to do with my post
>>
>>383120395
no , just big areas without loadings , like voldano area , forest , tundra etc
>>
Test

Nintenbro Ninten-drone
Sonybro Sony-gger
Xbot X-bot One X
>>
>>383120484
well damn, does anyone know the new filtered words? I know cap-cuck = capcbro
>>
File: Devola and Popola.png (535KB, 939x528px) Image search: [Google]
Devola and Popola.png
535KB, 939x528px
>>383104558
The mission giver lady/navigator character sounds like Eden Riegel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_Riegel#Video_games
>>
File: 4438115.jpg (218KB, 605x865px) Image search: [Google]
4438115.jpg
218KB, 605x865px
>>383120102
>>
>>383119175
>Shit that didn't matter when you brought shitbombs.

Eat a dick you filthy casual
>>
>>383120540
I wonder if sonybro wordfilters
>>
are there charms in this one ? didnt see a slot when they switched gear
>>
>>383120780
I had originally typed sony-pony

So yeah, it does
>>
>>383120102
I love these threads. Funnest shitposting since Doom.

Autistic retards are scientifically proven to react this way to change and I absolutely love when a based series updates their formula and BTFOs all of them.

Monster Hunter World is going to be the most successful release the series has ever had and there is nothing you can do about it
>>
>>383120820
hopefully not.
>>
I just don't get it. Consoles are dead in Japan, so why make your biggest IP only available to consoles?

I'm gonna get it for PC, but I'm just worried they're fucking themselves over and this'll be the last MH.
>>
File: 1490510474533.jpg (45KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1490510474533.jpg
45KB, 960x544px
so which main monster hunter game was the hardest?
>>
>>383120336
No. I recently went to back to 4 because I got sick of Generations.

All the other MoHuns are dead as fuck online.
>>
>>383121041
Freedom Unite, unless you mean main to mean only numbered, in which case I don't know, probably 2 since Tri was when they started making the hitboxes much more forgiving.
>>
File: GravityRushKat2.jpg (112KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GravityRushKat2.jpg
112KB, 1920x1080px
>>383117709
Well.. to be fair:
>PC will be delayed by months and get infested with scriptkiddies (it's unavoidable since the server is global and you'll get both BRs and CYKAs playing it)
>the Xbone version will be the least played and probably the only community that'll die 2 months after release
>and PS4 will not only be the most active version (also with exclusive content) but also the only one with Japanese players, which might be fun to play with and will massively dilute the % of the bad 2nd/3rd world playerbase (instead of playing with a BR every 5 hunts, you only see one every 20 hunts)

The differences are marginal, but PS4 does have the advantage in content and online playerbase. Although at the end everyone wins
>>
>>383119285
He's right, you know? Just don't gather clues (doing so won't level up the fireflies for tracking) just as you can chose to be a retard and not throw paintballs.
>>
>>383120883
top kek this delusion
>>
File: 1484291205680.jpg (8KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1484291205680.jpg
8KB, 300x199px
>>383121106
>making the hitboxes much more forgiving.
Weird way to say "good"
>>
>>383121110
>Hunting with randoms
I know you aren't this dumb anon
>>
File: JUST.png (850KB, 811x663px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
850KB, 811x663px
>MONSTER HUNTER WORLD IS GOING TO BE THE BEST-SELLING MONSTER HUNTER TITLE OF ALL TIME!

Where are those 8 million fans who watched the reveal trailer? damn....mist ue sleeping...
>>
Back to FU again I guess
>>
>>383120472
how are big areas without loading screen not open world?
>>
>>383121106
>only numbered
are you retarded?
FU = 2G
even then, MH1 is still the hardest
>>
>>383120894
Capcom wanted RE7 to sell 4 mil by the end of March, and failed to do so. This has a much, much larger budget than that. It'll be a massive flop for Capcom, even if it miraculously sells like 5 mil.
>>
>>383121676
Fucking this>>383121447
>>
>>383121605
Because you have to load into the other maps.
>>
>>383121764
>Shadow of Mordor isn't an open world game
>>
>>383121606
>main monster hunter game
Many people would count only MH1, MH2, MH3, and MH4 and discount the G or other variations. I'm glad that you've gotten needlessly upset over my acknowledgement of that possibility being what the poster was asking about though, good for you.
>>
File: Mainline.png (44KB, 822x705px) Image search: [Google]
Mainline.png
44KB, 822x705px
>>383121867
>>
>>383121418
It'll be more common than ever with flares.

If you only have 1 or 2 fiends with you, why not shoot one and fill the 4th slot during the hunt with a random? It's hassle-free, unlike waiting 10 mins in the Hall waiting for a schmuck
>>
>>383121764
I didnt know witcher 3,skyrim arent open world games because they have loading screen
>>
>>383121813
If a bunch of hallways that lead into more open areas means "open world" to you then whatever dude. Not really interested in semantics.
>>
>>383120691
>Can't gather without dungbombs
>Upset that he has to learn new mechanics

HAHAHAHA CASUAL
>>
>>383121894
>It's mainline if it was made by the original company
Cross/Generations is a spin-off and they said so themselves. You don't know what mainline means.
>>
>>383121903
>If you only have 1 or 2 fiends with you, why not shoot one and fill the 4th slot during the hunt with a random?
Because I don't want to play with a fucking random that just je suis monte's his way into a triple-cart???
>>
>>383121989
>Cross/Generations is a spin-off and they said so themselves
Citation needed
>>
File: thinking.png (175KB, 348x312px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
175KB, 348x312px
>>383119173
>>
>>383121894
Wow a list that claims every practically every Monster Hunter game but Stories is mainline, that certainly discredits my once again, guess that the poster may have meant only the main numbered titles. Unless you're the poster yourself and are very upset that I opted to give an answer to an alternative interpretation of your question, I don't see how this does much of anything.
>>
File: 1499308478494.png (208KB, 563x532px) Image search: [Google]
1499308478494.png
208KB, 563x532px
Can't wait to be a tripping SOB with my LS
>>
>>383122040
Are carting limits even a fucking thing anymore for this game?
>>
>>383121447
>Whoever who is buying the game has no life and is following the official youtube like a hawk while deeply caring about every drop of pre-release information
>8 million views are the same exact thing as 8 million fans

Nice delusional logic
>>
>>383121676
>Make a shitty looking console game to cash in on the Sony moneyhatting
>Use it as a base for the next four handheld games
I'm guessing that's the plan.
>>
>>383122070
That's from the official Japanese wiki so your post is not an argument.
>>
>>383122115
No reason to think they're gone.
>>
>>383122120
>capcom make a piece of shit game moneyhatted by sony with the intent of making it a base for years to come
It's literally SFV all over again.
>>
>>383106729
Bro we've been waiting for Monhun to die after it peaked in FU. You know, adhoc is still going for FU if you wanna hunt bro.
>>
>>383121676
Capcom is completely retarded and will not survive the decade.
Stop the fucking presses.
>>
>>383121929

Yeah i hate that shit. Having to choose from areas doesn't means it's not open world, you can still go whereever you want.
>>
>>383122040
> that just je suis monte's his way into a triple-cart???
That's why I said PS4 has the advantage, since Japanese players will be half of the playerbase, if not more. So getting FR's will be less common.
>>
>>383122182
And you realize that my first answer was FU right? Not 2? I'm not sure why you're so very invested in this 'argument'.
>>
>>383111454
This.

It makes me so mad that I can't express my worries about this game because people brand me a nintendo fan if I do, when in reality I'm just a monster hunter fan.

It hurts man. MH community has never been this shit.
>>
>>383104558
>FOLLOW THE FLIES

Why do all modern games do this? Why are modern games scared of letting the player explore on their own? Discuss.
>>
>>383122294
yeah and I don't want to play with them so it doesn't matter. I hunt with friends not some gaymo jap who's never kissed a girl.
>>
>>383122117
Nice backpedaling
>The new gameplay video has 1.13% of the ORIGINAL trailer views
Really makes me go hmmmmmmmm
SAY IT WITH ME:
>MONSTER HUNTER WORLD IS GOING TO BE THE BEST-SELLING MONSTER HUNTER TITLE OF ALL TIME!
>>
File: Rathalos plate.jpg (891KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
Rathalos plate.jpg
891KB, 3024x4032px
Do you think grinding is going to be casualized too? Maybe you just hunt a monster and complete objectives for rare parts?
>>
>>383122385
>The new gameplay video has 1.13% of the ORIGINAL trailer views
Let's look at how long it took to get that many views
>>
>>383122334
>aim for western audience
>expecting the west to not be fucking retarded and need hand holding
cmon people will bitch when they find out theirs not a difficulty choice
>>
>>383122565
yeah I fucking hate that they added this paintball shit to MH1 for dumb americans xD MUH BURGERS XD
>>
>>383122502
Find out yourself here :) It jumps pretty fast.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170614050735/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro6r15wzp2o
>>
>>383122441
You can no longer go into a quest, run directly to where the monster spawns, and then rape it in 2 minutes so it only makes sense to raise the drop rates a little
>>
File: image.png (627KB, 472x716px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
627KB, 472x716px
>>383104558
>some gay bugs literally guiding you through the entire map so kiddies don't get lost
This is some Nintendo "no game overs in Mario" level of bullshit
>>
>>383122772
haha yeah I preferred when I could memorize spawn locations in a tiny map and then use an item to show me exactly where the big faggot went
>>
>>383122627
enjoy your bread trails meanwhile they chopped out all items for a fucking slingshot totally not watered down ehh
>>
>>383122817
>wanting to do needless busywork in a game about grinding
Horizon Zero Dawn is that way
>>
>>383122627
Paintballs at least required you to make a sacrifice, your inventory space, and had the possibility of missing making you need more. Psychoserums required combination materials that nobody ever really wanted to bother to use on them. Scout flies are just press button for free shitter vision.
>>
>>383122817
>>383122627
>shitposting on capcom's dime
Living the life, friend.
>>
Thats the voice actress from the qt sister from Ape Escape 2!!!!!!
>>
>>383122868
>Scout flies are just press button for free shitter vision.
Shieet so what you be sayin is theys optional n shiet?
>>
>>383122868
Agree with you but you can carry 99 paintballs so no need to make more in case you miss.
>>
does it really take 20 minute to kill one enemy in this game? looks incredibly tedious
>>
>>383122872
you mean Misty you fucking retard
>>
>>383122872
or Devola/Popola
>>
>>383122993
dont worry not for the WEST its not ;)
>>
>>383122993
Properly played and optimized, no.
>>
>>383122993
shit players like the one in the video usually take a long time.
>>
>>383122817
Memorizing spawn locations comes from familiarity with the game, le epic witcher sense holds your hand right from the start of the game and never runs out. Not to mention how obnoxiously "in your face" it is. At least paintball markers stayed on the fucking minimap.

Seriously Capcom took one of the worst modern WRPG mechanics out there and the shills are still trying to pass it off as a good thing.
>>
File: I am become Konchu.jpg (53KB, 516x516px) Image search: [Google]
I am become Konchu.jpg
53KB, 516x516px
>>383104558
As a PS4 owner and a longtime Monster Hunter fan this should make me pretty excited but watching this video I feel like it's lost every bit of charm it once had in this incarnation except greatsword controls. It might as well be a different IP with the Monster Hunter brand pasted on it. If you made everything high tech and had orange goo coming out of the monster I'd think it was a new Lost Planet. The soul has been sucked right out of it, is this what the director of the game wanted or is this just some move Capcom demanded in their consistent hatred of the west?

Who the fuck is directing this one anyway? It's not the director of first or second gen, who IS this nobody? Sounds like Capcom's bitch to me.

Also, the comments on that video make me physically ill. It's all just a bunch of faggots being hyped for dumb reasons. I guess Capcom was right that this is what the west wants and we're just a bunch of dumb casual bitches. That really offends my sensibilities, since I'm part of the western audience but I just wanted improved graphics and a PS4 version of the same old shit, not a style shift and dumbed down gameplay. But here's a bunch of idiots on every new video about this hootin' about FULL ENGLISH VOICES and CHANGING WEAPONS MID-HUNT and STEALTH/TAUNT/SUPERARMOR MANTLES and SCOUTFLIES and NO ZONES.

There are still zones they just preload. Functionally the babbys can still just run a little bit and heal while the monster takes its time sauntering over to them. It already kind of did that, changing zones to chase us. Like, it's not even all that different overall but it lacks the niche heart of the older games.

Hopefully there's a way I can just turn off online, change the voices to Wyverian, turn off those damn scoutflies (it looked like they came out automatically though, didn't see an item prompt for them), and just fuck off into the woods on a free hunt so I can chill with this game and actually enjoy it.
>>
>>383122920
Looked like they just let themselves out every time the monster started to flee or the hunter interacted with... ANYTHING.
>>
>>383122929
It still takes an inventory SLOT which is the real premium here. Also who the fuck takes 99 paintballs? That is a fucking waste when you're going to end up throwing your leftovers away to make room for carves.
>>
>>383123409
Agree with you 100% but the shills will call you a Nintenbro etc, even if you post a picture of your PS4.
>>
>>383123558
I only have PS4 for this gen but I WAS going to buy a Switch if it had actually gotten MHXX. Monster Hunter has traditionally been a system seller for me.
>>
>>383123520
Of course, but you said that if you miss, you need to make more which is kind of stupid considering how many you can carry. I carry 10 max
>>
>>383122920
>optional

This is what annoys me about people who say "well just turn the waypoints off!", the game designers design the game as if EVERYONE will use the waypoints.

Look at The Witcher 3, if you turn waypoints off it is almost impossible to play. No one gives directions. There are no signs on roads. You can't ask townspeople for directions to a certain place. You're fucked.

All games with shitty waypoints are designed for them to be used. Instead of actually having an interactive experience where you decide what to do or where to go, having to look at the world around you, you instead follow a fucking line.

Good job developers and good job idiots to eat this shit up.

> I don't have time to find where I'm going. Fuck that.

Then why are you playing video games?

Video games are dead.
>>
>>383123605
Just import it, that's what I and a bunch of people from /mhg/ are doing.
>>
File: 1468194989384.jpg (52KB, 555x644px) Image search: [Google]
1468194989384.jpg
52KB, 555x644px
>monster hunter is a good not great series
>the best mh games are the ps2/psp ones
>the games have been getting casualized since tri
>the 3ds games brought in all the shitters
>world will bring in even more shitters
>world will change things but will still be the same old mediocre monster hunter
>peak monster hunter was freedom 2 and 3
>i pity you nufans who didnt play mh1 online
>monster hunter will never be the same
>>
>>383123614
>you said
Nah I just barged into your comment chain to call you an asshole for even SUGGESTING that someone might carry 99 paintballs.
>>
>>383123654
>This is what annoys me about people who say "well just turn the waypoints off!", the game designers design the game as if EVERYONE will use the waypoints.
The monster is still marked on your map after finding it with or without scout flies, dumb poster.
>>
>>383117709
>that pic
shouldn't that be Sony Pictures instead of Playstation?
>>
File: download.jpg (67KB, 641x432px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
67KB, 641x432px
>>383122872
APE ESCAPE 4 CONFIRMED

KAT FROM GRAVITY RUSH CROSSOVER WHEN?????????????????????????????

ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER FOR PSX 2017 MAYBE?
>>
>>383123746
Too bad you don't even get to find it yourself, the game tells you where it is in the first place!
>>
>>383123665
Shit man I probably will. I imported Pturd and played it in Japanese even though I don't fucking know any Japanese. All I really needed to know was Attack Up is a duck eating a signpost and Thunder is a telephone. I got the rest down pretty much on automatic.
>>
>>383123809
The entire comment chain was based upon the idea that scoutflies were optional and not automatic, so that doesn't really work here does it?
>>
>>383123409
>Who the fuck is directing this one anyway? It's not the director of first or second gen, who IS this nobody?
http://www.dualshockers.com/monster-hunter-world-co-directed-kaname-fujioka-wont-hunter-styles-arts/
>At E3, media got to talk with Co-Director Yuya Tokuda, but he isn’t doing this alone, as clarified by Capcom’s Yuri Araujo on Twitter. The series’ father, and Director from Monster Hunter to Monster Hunter 4, Kaname Fujioka, is returning to reprise the role of Co-Director in Monster Hunter World.
>>
>>383123827
I will use the google translate app which you can use as a camera to translate the text on your phone screen, not sure if you've tried it out.

Post in /mhg/ close to release date, we'll probably organize somehow so we can be weebs together.
>>
>>383123882
Ichinose directed ALL the good ones, faggot.
>>
>>383104558
Looks legit. Might get into the series with this.
>>
>>383123882
>Having the OG Director means the game will be go-
>>
>>383123974
>Genfag
lol
>>383124025
>moving goalposts
>>
>>383124025
Inafune only created the character you fucking retard. The original director of Megaman was Akira Kitamura.
>>
>>383104558
The good
>map design (finally no loading screens between the zones)
>monster designs
>monster vs monster and monster vs enviroment interactions
>graphics
>the battle system looks more or less the same
>switching weapons mid hunt (fuck you, I like it)

The bad
>monster AI (the vulture rex literally stomps on the player and keeps going on like nothing happened, wtf?)
>the monster interactions look scripted as fuck (I swear I've seen this exact same Rathalos vs Vulture scene on 3 seperate occasions now)
>fireflies
>the grapple makes it look a bit too easy to topple the monster
>no new weapons as far as I can see

The neutral
>monsters do pitiful damage (though this could be just another "G-rank armor vs low rank monster in the MH4U demo" situation)
>no blood (though they could have turned it off in the settings)
>damage numbers (though I heard they're togglable)

Still not sold on it yet.
>>
>>383124025
>Another idiot that thinks Inafune is the creator of the Megaman game and series
You're the reason why his kickstarter got more than $0.
>>
I REALLY hope you can change the strike effects and sound
The dust and rubble shit just ain't doin it
>>
>>383124025
>>383124094
Both of the co-directors have worked on most of the series on SOMETHING but world and their emphasis on "this is for the west" just absolutely reek of design by company committee.

I'd like to be proven wrong here on release but this is definitely a company PRODUCT rather than director ART.

>>383124094
>Genfag
Freedom, Freedom 2, Freedom Unite
>>
File: 1495246974857.png (511KB, 642x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495246974857.png
511KB, 642x479px
>>383124025
>inafune
>og
fuckin retard
>>
>>383122920
>optional
Oh boy, here comes the damage control squad

I bet you defend Exp Share in nu-Pokemon as well
>>
Anjanath armor looks pretty lame. hope his HR armor looks better
The potential is there for a kickass fur cloak
>>
>>383124401
if they're optional then they can be used exactly like paintballs, dumb poster.
>>
>>383121676
>This has a much, much larger budget than that.
Source?
>>
File: 20170323143040266f3.jpg (283KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
20170323143040266f3.jpg
283KB, 550x550px
>>383123409
>It might as well be a different IP with the Monster Hunter brand pasted on it.
GOOD.
You have 13 years worth of same-y MonHun games, feel free to go back to any of them. People call MonHun the CallOfDuty of japanese games for a good reason: constant releases and very little change. You probably spent 3000 to 5000 hours on this formula, why not go for a change for once?
It's not like MHW drastically changes it either, the core game is still the same, I'm sure that after getting used to it it'll still feel similar anyway. It's not the true open-world, no missions, no HUB, no timer game everyone was fearful of.

>The soul has been sucked right out of it
I don't see why. It looks to target the original MonsterHunter concept/feel they were going for all the way back. To me a soul-less MonHun game is MHX/XX, the franchise was never realistic but there's a line they crossed (heh) with all the flashy gimmicks and monsters they added over time. It pretty much turned into a pure arcade action game rather than a "hunting" game like the name implies.
All the quality of life changes, especially the convenience of the farm where you get nearly all the items you need for free, rather than foraging (after 3rd gen you don't even get a farm you have to interact with, just an even quicker and simpler menu), and maps being nothing more than glorified open arenas (visual clutter was removed, small monsters were heavility cut, etc) turned the franchise into something focused only on the direct simple battle aspect while mostly ignoring the tracking, stealth, environmental hazzard and foraging aspects.

>Hopefully there's a way I can just turn off online, change the voices to Wyverian, turn off those damn scoutflies
Seems to me like you have a lot of bad assumptions in your head for no reason. For example why assume the game forces online on you? Of course you can play solo.
FYI you can indeed turn the voices to Wyverian, or japanese. The only unknown are the scoutflies
>>
>>383124336
I'm going with cautious optimism with World. The initial E3 trailer had me worried but after seeing all the behind thew scenes footage esp. that 4 co-op one quelled most of my fears
>>
>>383117150
Most people's issues are with how in your face (visually) the flies are. Not the tracking part. Also, paintballs require you to find the monster first - maybe it's psychoserum you're thinking of?
>>
I just want to say that I'm really happy that there seems to be at least one person who thinks this is absolute bullshit for anyone who actually wanted a PS4 Monster Hunter. Like it really just vindicates all my anger towards Capcom right now.
>>
>>383124527
>paintballs - require you to track the monster in the first place, take inventory space, leave you open for an attack while throwing, need to be reapplied after a certain amount of time
>shitter flies - active as soon as you find the first clue, never run out, no risk involved in using them, don't take the inventory space
Yep, exact same thing lol
>>
>>383124767
You know you could just play MHFU or MHP3rd (in english) on PPSSPP on your PC and play online, for free, right? Like... right now. At this very moment. Any toaster can run PPSSPP too, so there's no excuse.

I REALLY don't understand people that want more of the same after over a decade of getting the same game over and over again. Just go back to those games? It's that simple.
>>
>>383124951
>Literally every game coming out today is same westernized bullshit so it's ok to turn MH into that too.
>>
>>383124934
>shitter flies - active as soon as you find the first clue
what part of "IF they're optional" don't you get?
>muh 99 paintballs that take up 1 space with a 1 second animation
lol
>>
All right, list the changes you wish had happened
>interrupting the flexing means you heal less. But you still can.
>>
>>383124640
Actually me too brah, because it showed me that despite their BEST EFFORTS TO HIDE IT IN THE TRAILERS for the western audience, the actual meat of combat still seems pretty much unchanged from the same old clunky ass slow bullshit we know and love once you try to play the game and kill monsters properly.

Everything else is just extremely disappointing stylistic alterations and casualization for the west. Fingers crossed at somehow mitigating that before release.

>>383124590
Bruh, here's the thing, I'm right there with you on X and XX being ass. I don't like the direction the series had been going down and don't like this new direction either. I buy them, I play them with my insistent friends, I invest way more effort into the game than them anyway, they get bored, I say I told you so cynically and clench for the next one, repeat. I miss the old farm, I miss secondary monster tells, I miss not having that stupid fucking ? pop up over gathering points, I miss not being able to do fucking anything with any of the weapons, all I really wanted was a graphical update with the same art style and SO FAR what I've seen of Worlds has been not so subtly different from the others (except maybe MHO actually, that one looks fucking weird).
>>
>>383125214
Fujioka said flexing only existed since you could just go into other areas for safety so they wanted some sort of risk
>>
>>383104558
PS4 demo when
>>
>>383124670
>Most people's issues are with how in your face (visually) the flies are.
This. I'd have greatly prefered if they used the Palico as your tracking pal, scout flies are just so completely random and have zero personality in comparision. Hell, make tracking a train-able skill that makes it easier for Palico to find the monster the higher it's level is. Anything but an annoying flickering light that stays in the middle of your screen no matter what.
>>
>>383124640
I'm quite happy with the recent trailers because it seems that the normal slap the monster until it dies gameplay is still there and strong.
It's just everything else that has me worried. A lot of what feels at time Capcom trying to fix was wasn't broken in the first place like the armor skills or damage numbers suddenly being there.
>>
>>383125340
>Fujioka said flexing only existed since you could just go into other areas for safety so they wanted some sort of risk
source? inb4 your ass
>>
>>383125427
someone post the art book that shows the team wanted something like scoutflies since MH1 but couldn't because technology
>>
>>383125170
>>383124934
>>383124527
>>383122868
>>383122627
NAJARALAS, PLESIOTH. You've gotta be absolutely kut-ku to waste even that one precious inventory slot on paintballs at all instead of just memorizing where monsters spawn and their migration pathways. Like really, you've gotta be kirin me!
>>
>>383125427
Fuck sake man. Why didn't they just have the cat help track with you? All you need is to have it jump up and down and point to clues in its silly feline gibberish. Goddamnit Capcom.
>>
>>383104558

Hot damn this looks GOOD! Can't wait to play it.
>>
>>383104558
>handholding this hard

I'll pass.
>>
File: 1422419615845.jpg (24KB, 600x378px) Image search: [Google]
1422419615845.jpg
24KB, 600x378px
>>383125514
You know damn well it came from his chocolate starfish.
>>
>>383125539
I have literally never had less than 8 spaces free.
>>
>>383125525
I don't give a single solitary fuck what the dev team wanted. It's a shitty design choice which we KNOW from millions of other """modern""" games that revolve around the same stupid mechanic.
>>
>>383125340
The flexing obviously exists because you've activating your bioengineered hunter cells with ancient fungal culture, herbal catalysts, and delicious honey and regenerating that much flesh so quickly is incredibly painful if you don't brace yourself.
>>
>>383125678
I bet you hunt monsters with weapons like a faggot instead of throwing rocks and snacking on seeds.
>>
>Sonyfanboys literally can not make a thread about videogames without attacking another console

You guys are King Kid of this board.
>>
>>383125514
Was in the /mhg/ translation of the Dengeki interview but here's a page that lists it and cites the Dengeki and another interview:
http://gematsu.com/2017/06/monster-hunter-world-item-use-moving-base-camps-change-equipment-details
>With the game being seamless, you cannot use methods such as “escaping to the next area to get yourself in order,” so they’re lightening up on actions such as recovering and eating while walking and mid-action cancellations.
>>383125661
Get fucked idiot

>>383125720
>reee devs don't follow your artistic vision pander to me me me!
fuck off
>>
>stealth mechanics
>literal glowing orbs to show you where to go
>grappling hook
>>
>>383125853
damn....I guess this is it bros......world is going to be the best MH game ever and best selling....fuck.....we lost
>>
File: kill Handler.png (165KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
kill Handler.png
165KB, 400x400px
>HEY A GIANT FOOTPRINT
no shit
>HEY PRESS BUTTON WE GOTTA TRACK THIS GIANT FOOTPRINT HEY IT WAS POINTING THIS WAY
no shit
>HEY CHECK IT OUT SOME FUCKING SLIME
no shit
>C'MON IT WAS GOING THIS DIRECTION
no shit
>WOAH LOOK OUT A MONSTER
no shit
>YOU NEED TO HUNT IT
no shit
>AM I ENDEARING LIKE A REAL GUILDIE?
no please leave
>SORRY I'M LIKE A SCOUTFLY, YOU JUST CAN'T KEEP ME AWAY
>>
>>383125853
>"Says flexing only existed because of area transitions"
>Quote only talks about how they are taking them away in World

That doesn't seem like it explains why flexing was in the game in the first place.
Or why flexing was still allowed in single area fights where you couldn't escape for a decade.
>>
>>383124143
>monsters do pitiful damage (though this could be just another "G-rank armor vs low rank monster in the MH4U demo" situation)
Anjanath is the Great Jaggi of World, it's not supposed to hit hard
>>
>>383126034
Read the Dengeki interview dummy. Go ask /mhg/ to post the translation if you need to.
>>
This is fucking awful.
Why doesn't Capcom realize that MH doesn't need change? Just let us grind monsters in simple, flat areas, everything that gets in the way of that is a pointless addition that only detracts from the game.
>>
>>383125853
That's a total lie for western audiences though the dude in this very video, who is absolutely awful at playing even, still just runs a little ways away to heal and the monster takes about the same amount of time to get back to him.
>>
>>383126025
>what is every MH tutorial hunt
>>
>>383126186
>give me proof they said that
>here is proof
>th-they didn't really mean it my headcanon is correct!
lol
>>
>>383124951
Go read any thread about some dormant IP getting a new game, a lot of people would rather see a dev/publisher stop making games altogether than release something they don't like. The very idea of a shit sequel to a beloved series hurts their feelings.

literally just walk away from the screen nigga close your eyes haha
>>
>>383122294
>since Japanese players will be half of the playerbase,
Nips don't want it on PS4 dude.
>>
>>383126243
What the fuck are you even talking about? I'm commenting on them talking about leaving area to heal what proof of what?
>>
>>383126318
this, japs fucking despise MH on consoles. Just look at how shit P3rd HD sold.
>>
>>383126201
Um, every other MH tutorial is somebody saying "BUH!" and "Oh!" a bunch of times and telling you to go cook a steak or grab a mushroom or something. And that really only started in like 3rd gen.
>>
>>383125853
>>reee devs don't follow your artistic vision pander to me me me
Lmao found the salty pixelshit indie dev.

Listen nigger, I don't give a fuck what the dev's """artistic""" vision is, I'm the fucking customer here. If the fanbase feels like scoutflies don't belong in MonHun then they shouldn't fucking be there, period. Fortunately for us the devs actually listen to the fans most of the time. I'm 99% sure shitter flies will go the way of swimming and hunting arts by World Ultimate.
>>
>>383124590
>GOOD
Which is bad anon.

You don't pick up a game in a series and expect it to be something else entirely.
>>
I'm actually really worried that leaving the consistency of the niche market will end up making MonHun have to compete with the big boys and that something as simple as an ill timed release next to some other action game will just cause it to fail spectacularly and sour Capcom on the western audience for decades.

After all, Capcom traditionally hates money, why would they suddenly pander to western mainstream?
>>
File: 1435294495770.gif (50KB, 586x475px) Image search: [Google]
1435294495770.gif
50KB, 586x475px
>>383126483
>MH1 tutorial quest series
>No fucking clue how anything works
>Hey, here's enough money to buy next to nothing
>Now go cook a steak
>Good job, now kill a Velocidrome naked because you probably bought potions instead of armor you nerd
>>
>>383126573
It'll be releasing early next year, close to when GoW and RDR2 releass
>>
>>383124767
Despite the Sonygro crying about "nintendokiddies" most of the complaints are coming from the MH fanbase in general.
>>
>>383126468
They sold like shit because of forced online subscription fees, which weren't in the western releases, and coming out months after the original PSP/3DS versions.
>>
File: 1428640544311.jpg (37KB, 358x359px) Image search: [Google]
1428640544311.jpg
37KB, 358x359px
>>383126582
>started in 3rd gen
>MH1 tutorial
>Neither is at all like this fucking Handler anyway
>>
that handler girl needs to shut the fuck up
>>
>>383124951
Motherfucker I'm playing FU right now.

FU!
>>
>>383109408

>QTE
>That
Why is /v/ so full of kids, anons?
>>
>>383126528
k buy the competitor's game then, vote with your wallet cucky boy.
https://playdauntless.com.
>>
>>383126843
Because 4chan is kewl and edgy
>>
>>383126708
>They sold like shit because of forced online subscription fees
Tri also had that in Japan and that game became the best selling console MH.
>>
File: 1497048214175.jpg (44KB, 635x457px) Image search: [Google]
1497048214175.jpg
44KB, 635x457px
Just please tell me this is tutorial. Please tell me there won't be this much handholding with the rest of the game. Please tell me there won't be fucking fireflies pointing where you should go. Please tell me this game will let me investigate on my own and not do it for me like in TW3.
Any monhunbro, please, give me some comfort.

>>383126802
Fucking this.
>>
>>383126843
I don't know child but you know the invention of QTEs in classic arcade games like DYNAMITE COP were simple single button or two button promps just like those so I dunno where you get off on your goddamn shortbus son.
>>
>>383126843
IF I SEE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE A BUTTON ON THE SCREEN IT'S A QTE
WHAT DO YOU MEAN PRESS A TO CONTINUE WHAT IS THIS FUCKING QTE MENU
>>
>>383126582
>being that dumb in a rpg in 2017 with so many games like it
your a fucking idiot and reason they need to casualize this shit
>>
>>383126914
Take heart because we don't know yet.
>>
>>383126882
>shitty pastel graphics too-easy toukiden style monhunlike indieshit

Pretty cool owlbear tho.
>>
>>383126931
Maybe they were just button prompts
>>
>>383127024
>2017
I think you mean 2004 on the PS2.

Wanting to play MH1 these days is just being a masochist.
>>
>>383127041
Gotta say I would prefer pastel colors to Worlds' washed out look.
>>
>>383126914
literally every monster hunter that's ever been released:
>THEY DIDN'T SHOW EXACTLY EVERYTHING EXACTLY AS THE PREVIOUS GAME WTF IS IT SHIT NOW???????????????????????
>>
>>383126943
Pressing A to continue isn't a QTE because it's not a timed reaction prompt that does something cinematic such as automatically targeting and grappling to a monster before you hit the ground after being thrown from it.
>>
>>383127207
>Grr I have to react to things by hitting a button BUT THIS TIME IT SHOWED ME WHAT BUTTON
Do you think mh4 mounting is QTE too because you have to hold R sometimes?
>>
>>383127138
Stop it anon I almost do too.

>>383127164
Actually I'm pretty sure the reaction to P2G was entirely positive coming from P2.
>>
Should I go to work today? My stomach hurts
>>
>>383127307
they don't change much mechanically from # - #G so I'm obviously not talking about that.
>>
>>383127279
I mean yeah, hold R to hang on is a QTE you lose control during its duration, it must be done at an appropriate and scripted time based on when you initiated the mount, and failure to do it in a timely and efficient manner results in you being forced from the monster uncontrollably.

Yeah that's just about as QTE as the colossus fight in God of War.
>>
File: 1495553731514.jpg (155KB, 722x575px) Image search: [Google]
1495553731514.jpg
155KB, 722x575px
>>383104558
I think that what bothers me about this so much is that it looks more like you're playing "around" the monster instead of AGAINST it. As if it was just an AI you lure into shit and try to position in a certain way to exploit it. It's boring
>>
>>383127454
dang guess the game is ruined
>>
File: 1428640985119.png (50KB, 230x146px) Image search: [Google]
1428640985119.png
50KB, 230x146px
>>383127384
>I'm obviously not talking about that.
>>383127164
>literally every monster hunter that's ever been released
>>
>>383127487
then don't?
>>
>>383127568
>Implying G wasn't the original Definitive Edition
>>
>>383127487
Thankfully, nobody actually playing this version of the game in the available footage even so much as touches their "slinger" or the environment traps they just hit it till it dies as we knew they should (and it doesn't take them fucking twenty minutes either).
>>
>>383113562
It's literally the equivalent of a great jaggi. Dunno why you were expecting a long, hard fight.
>>
>>383117234
Literally every jap game that changed the VA cast
>>
>>383127727
Nope. Great Jagra is. Anja is YKK/Barroth equivalent
>>
>>383118490
It's crossplay with japan. And in japan it's ps4 only. So yes it will be alive the longest on PS4 easily.
>>
>>383127834
source?
>>
>>383126364
Any fight that didn't take place inside a single room was suspect to using loading screens as a bailout to go sharpen and fully heal with no threat. Against a real threatening monster, this guy would probably get run down and have no loading screen.

Get it?
>>
>>383126170
>simple flat areas with no minions in sight for PeePoo3rd babbies like myself because I cannot adapt
ftfy
>>
File: mhdrink.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mhdrink.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Look at Speedy Gonzales drinking here.

THIS GAME IS RUINED
>>
Personally I wouldn't mind english voice actors if they still spoke wyverian bullshit and forced all these drooling idiots to read subtitles while multitasking.

Like honestly why bother even paying them?
>>
File: 1480684056993.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480684056993.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>releases on 3 (THREE) platforms so it can sell three times the amount
>Nintenbros think it will fail because it isn't exclusive to a Nintendo platform

hmmm
>>
>>383128039
>not posting the one where he can jog
Nice try shill
>>
>>383127868
Except the nips don't want to play it on PS4. They're literally begging for the PC version instead.

It's not going to hold an audience there.
>>
>>383128076
I SAID THE GAME IS RUINED
>>
>>383128048
Bloodborne and Ni-Oh sold how many on PS4? Dark Souls 3 should be at at least 10 million right now because of it being release on 3 platforms, right?
>>
>>383128168
source?
>>
>>383128048
>frontier is on no less than 5 systems at a time
>doesn't sell as well as mainline games
>>
>>383128041
You can turn on Wyverian gibberish audio and thats what im gonna do.
>>
As dumb as the gameplay footage was due to how the guy had to play, all the verticality and tree maneuvering reminded me a lot of MH4's opening cinematic. Hopefully Tigrex will come back to stomp around these maps with fury. Also put Rajang in too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnRuTtk3LzI

I can already see people getting kicked from rooms due to mounting and use of environmental traps since neither is wholly necessary to get the job done. Other than that nothing I've seen looks bad, but I do want to know why we suddenly have to gain points in tracking and shit, because I've been seeing those messages pop up the entire video.
>>
>>383127980
Okay you were very obviously talking to somebody else there about a different part of that link.

And as for what I was saying, no, in anything from gen 3/4/5 the monster will actively lose interest in the area when someone leaves and will prioritize area changes that have it go fuck with the person who bailed half the time. Whereas in this one you just sit down in a bush and the monster takes probably even longer to find you. Thus, them trying to sell us on it based on "look, you can't do this flow breaking exploit of game mechanics anymore! We're totally hardcore now!" is a bald faced lie.
>>
>>383128216
Wait for a nip stream to crop up. Usually it's filled with their equivalent to
>but I don't want it on ps4
>PC FOR EAST WHEN
>we'll give trade west XX on Switch if we get Worlds on PC
and so on
>>
>>383128262
It's probably the squeaky JP voices though.
>>
File: 123.png (676KB, 1608x675px) Image search: [Google]
123.png
676KB, 1608x675px
damn.....where did all those fans go? I thought Sony brought MH back to Playstation #4THEPLAYERS?!?!?!
>>
>>383128353
That MH4 footage was 2 years before the game came out. World comes out in 8-9 months and is supposedly 65% complete.
>>
>>383128479
marketing campaign hasn't started. That's the first video after the trailer released on the west, with no announcement whatsoever. Just something for those who are looking for it.
>>
>>383128048
Nah we think it will bomb because japan doesn't give a flying fuck for home
Consoles.
Monhun on ps2, wii, wiiu sold like shit and psp 3ds like hot cakes
>>
>>383128663

DQX is on home consoles and sells like hotcakes.
>>
>>383128661
There was also the gameplay stream, retard.
>>
>>383128479
They might still be asleep or working considering the new trailer only just came out a few hours ago.
>>
>>383118136
>it doesn't have 10k players therefore it's dead
Yea, because it's impossible to find a Quake Live match.
>>
>>383128705
It's also on 3ds and mobile you retard.
>>
File: rfonANJ.jpg (439KB, 1026x1165px) Image search: [Google]
rfonANJ.jpg
439KB, 1026x1165px
So he needed to paralyze this thing to hit the rocks and they did a whooping 114 which is like 2 uncharged gs swings. Shoulda just hit into the paralyze in the first place.
>>
>>383128721
Which is why I said "released on the west" as in "targeted for west audiences". That stream was in japanese for japanese players.
>>
>>383128479
They haven't paid for the viewbots yet
>>
>>383128541
>opening cinematic to a video game was released two years prior to the actual video game's release
Do you listen to yourself when you post? What I linked is the cinematic that plays when you start up the game, the one they release a month before the game comes out. I was just complimenting how the gameplay reminds me of something released four years ago, which is coincidentally when Capcom said they started on World.
>>
>>383105151
It's coming to PC so I don't know why I should boycott it.
>>
>>383128705
DQ x plattforms: wii(u)x, windows, android, ios, 3ds, ps4, switch

2014 sold over one million on all plattforms to that date according to wiki. Also DQ is like national treasure even the ps4 version will sell like 400-500k but monhun sells like 3 mio
>>
>>383128791
It came out 20 hours ago, retard
>>
>>383117709
doesn't really matter
THE FACT THAT A MONSTER HUNTER FOR THE WEST IS RELEASING ON A CONSOLE NOT A FUCKI NG TINY SCREEN

is victory in itself
having a pc release is just icing on the cake
I can guarantee no one was expecting a PC release for monster hunter
>>
>>383119324
Paintballs you throw once and you're done with.
With the flies it seems like you have to walk 2 meters and press circle, walk 2 meters again and press circle again - repeat until you have filled the "fly counter".
>>
>>383128975
I hope you buy it tenfold because if you don't, the series is going back to the tiny screen :)
>>
>>383128354
What? No they didn't and even if they did, they sure af didn't move areas fast enough to interrupt a complete heal and rebuff. I'm sure there will be monsters that are far, FAR more aware of their surroundings.

You're over complicating the shit out of it.
>>
all i know is that its gonna get hacked wide open on PC

thats gonna kill the fun of it
>>
>>383129059
Every Japanese game gets hacked wide open on PC. That's why you need to play with friends only.
>>
>>383129059
Just like all the other games /v/ warned me about and then never had any real hacker issues.
>>
>>383128956
And already almost 100k views? Seems to be well on track then.
>>
File: Curleh Mustache.jpg (177KB, 486x1103px) Image search: [Google]
Curleh Mustache.jpg
177KB, 486x1103px
What are the odds of this becoming very relevant very shortly after release.
>>
>>383129167
You have to play games to run into hackers annon.
>>
>>383128849
This is a good thing in my opinion, it means that you don't have to rely on traps or that they are a requirement in order to win whatsoever. I'm not one for traps, so I'm glad it's not something like 500+ damage.
>>
>>383126062
also first armor set has the skill that makes you take a lot less dmg sometimes and it's the tutorial
>>
>>383128849
It was also a free knockdown that he failed to capitalize on.
>>
File: ds.jpg (27KB, 257x106px) Image search: [Google]
ds.jpg
27KB, 257x106px
>>383129271
Ds2 is pretty much the most hacker infested game there is according to /v/.

Must be luck that I avoided all these hackers besides the occasional scrub that couldn't be hurt that you just had to push of a ledge. And MH doesn't even have PvP.
>>
>>383126914
>Please tell me there won't be fucking fireflies pointing where you should go. Please tell me this game will let me investigate on my own and not do it for me like in TW3.
I hope this'll be the case too, but let's not pretend the previous games had any "investigation" pre-fight. You literally just walked over to the spawn zone and threw a paintball. The fact that there are even clues in the environment to investigate is a step in the right direction, here's hoping you can set the bugs to a more passive mode.
>>
>>383106374
lol
>>
File: 1491796891052.gif (1MB, 330x312px) Image search: [Google]
1491796891052.gif
1MB, 330x312px
>>383129503
>I avoided all of the hackers, except for the hackers.
>>
>>383129512
I really want to just turn those bugs off completely.
>>
>>383129257
very likely this will happen , since retards will agro all the monsters in the map
>>
>>383129257
Slim to none, thanks to those green flies leading you to your exact objective every time.

Really hope those things can be disabled.
>>
File: drop em.jpg (252KB, 1975x1235px) Image search: [Google]
drop em.jpg
252KB, 1975x1235px
>>383129446
>>383129318
I agree. It looks pretty much like mounting. You'll basically lose efficiency unless you use it sparingly or when it presents itself. No issues here for me.

Also took a look at the rathalos scene. This time around it only did 450 damage (bottom). Extra knockdown though.
>>
>>383129634
Sorry but you told me hackers would ruin my game. Yet 400+ hours and I can count them at one hand and they didn't ruin my game.
>>
File: 1497661429623.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1497661429623.png
228KB, 358x408px
Why is MHXX not coming to the west again?

MHW seems kind of soulless to me, tbqh. I'd rather play XX.
>>
>>383129954
No reason at all.
Some people will say that it would cannibalise worlds sales without reusing it comes out a full year before it.
>>
File: 1485915331614.jpg (19KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
1485915331614.jpg
19KB, 450x250px
>>383105151
>newfags falling for the easiest falseflag i've seen in ages
Are you guys just acting stupid on purpose?
>>
>>383129702
What's bug tracking have to do with a really aggro monster showing up as you're collecting mushrooms and continually harassing you?
>>383129954
Why would you WANT to play XX is the better question.
>>
>>383130092
>Why would you WANT to play XX is the better question
For traditional monster hunter gameplay and unlike MHW the "anime" nonsense is optional.
>>
>>383130092
Oh and it looks better
>>
File: 1475014782806.gif (426KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475014782806.gif
426KB, 400x300px
>>383107306
>phoneposter
>doesn't even play mh
>doesn't even know what the fuck he's talking about
This is the average poster in a MHW thread
>>
Question what's stopping gunners from being OP? Couldn't they just fire safely from a bush?
>>
>>383130465
>what's stopping gunners from being OP?
Nothing! It'll be top of the heap as it always is!
>>
File: 18845413.gif (476KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
18845413.gif
476KB, 188x174px
PS2, PS3 (even thought it was Japanese), Wii and WiiU. Finally, Monster Hunter actually gets an upgrade and released on actual relevant platforms.

Don't get me wrong I've followed Monster Hunter from the very beginning, and it's still the only reason I own anything Nintendo.

Can't wait to be honest, I'll probably end up getting it on both PS4 (online community) and PC for the better version.
>>
>>383130606
>Finally, Monster Hunter actually gets an upgrade
What you meant to say was downgrade for the casual audience
>>
>>383129503
First PvP experience I had in DS2 was someone with infinite health. Stopped playing at that.
>>
>>383130696
And I say it gonna be harder than any MH before.
>>
>>383130696
>What you meant to say was downgrade for the casual audience
This is my favorite MHW meme
>>
>>383130798
Not with the mechanics we've seen so far. Plus if they make it harder than the previous games then there's no way they'll grasp the west.
>>
>>383130817
>can move while drinking potions
>free traps/stunbombs in the environment
>can lure monsters into fighting each other so you don't have to do shit
>a bunch of green flies that magically guide you to your objective
Its pretty clear that there's some degree of casualization going on, famalam.

What remains to be seen is how much of an impact these changes will have on the overall experience.
>>
File: clag.jpg (185KB, 567x685px) Image search: [Google]
clag.jpg
185KB, 567x685px
>people false-flagging and taking the bait or vice-versa
Why do people expect anything more of /v/? I mean really.
>>
>>383130985
All of these changes could make the game harder as well. Really not worth discussing until I see more of the game.
>>
>>383131301
>All of these changes could make the game harder as well.
I fail to see how.

Also, MH has only been getting easier. There's fuckall indication that they aim to make the game more challenging. Which is to be expected considering MHW is clearly aimed at the west.
>>
This game does have online on PC right?
>>
>>383104558
>huge damage numbers through environment compared to greatsword
>run away for 5h instead of fighting the monster when it gets mad
>cinematic stuff happening breaking the gameplay flow
I don't like it. It looks really casualized and they seem to ruin proper monhun gameplay flow.
>>
>>383131000
Why do we even still come here?
>>
>>383131513
>huge damage numbers through environment compared to greatsword
Non charge gs hit 50 dmg
rocks falling 120

HUGE
>>
>>383131829
>rocks falling 120
>and a free knockdown
My problem is that the more environmental traps you get, the more you need to run away to capitalize on them.
>just don't use them
That's not how coop games with grind work, people expect you to use the fastest method.
In 4U that meant bringing bombs and nuking things with GS plus bombs when the monster sleeps.
In worlds it looks like it means running away half of the fight.
>>
>>383104558
Nice cinematic experience there
Where's the real MH5?
>>
>>383131513
>I don't like it
So why even bother commenting? Don't play it for fucks sake.
>>
>>383132259
XX is the closest thing to 5.
>>
>>383132259
Coming to Switch after Capcom makes all the assets on Sony's moneyhatting dime.
>>
>>383132016
>That's not how coop games with grind work, people expect you to use the fastest method.

Exactly. And guess what the fastest method will never be running 5 minutes to a trap. That's like saying you should only spam mount in 4U
>>
>>383132406
Yeah because someone totally can't be concerned with the state of one of their favourite franchises
>>
>>383132406
Because I love the franchise and I want it to be good and it makes me upset if they casualize it for sales?
>>383132441
You do not know how mounting works if you think that's even remotely possible.
>>
>>383132530
>>383132482
I've played every MH that's been localised and this to me looks like a step in the right direction. This is first iteration of a game like this in the series, it may turn out to be casualised or 'too easy' but you never know if in future they expand on it. If not, then I would just import XX.
>>
>>383132441
>And guess what the fastest method will never be running 5 minutes to a trap.
In world it is simply because of the high damage factor and how abundant they are not to mention no areas mean that the monster will always be following.
In MH4 mounting was good about once or twice a hunt until it became a liability.
>>
>>383132743
>If not, then I would just import XX.
Well good for you, but not all of us can read moonrunes.

Capcom refusing to localize XX is a scumbag move to force people in the west to settle for MHW.
>>
>>383132743
>and this to me looks like a step in the right direction
It's not. One look at the gameplay footage can tell you that.
>>
>>383132743
Hey I might be pessimistic but I won't dismiss it immediately either.
I'm waiting for the demo to come out and then I'm going to give it a test run on my PS and see how it feels.
I'm importing XX for switch anyway because why the fuck not.

>>383132812
This is what I fear, this and all the little things like being able to remount with the hookshot or healing while walking.
>>
>>383132530
>You do not know how mounting works if you think that's even remotely possible.

What? It's like a status effect meaning it is increasingly ineffective and thus not viable which is exactly my point, fucking mongoloid. We are done here.
>>
>>383132934
Wow rude. Also my entire point was that I fear that running from trap to trap will in fact be effective since there are so many of them. In 4U that's clearly impossible as you yourself stated.
>>
>>383132906
I was about to say what's wrong with it, but then I would probably get a pasta list that always get commented in these threads.
>>
>>383133078
A pasta list that your only response to is
>b-but what if they actually make it harder...
>>
>>383132812
>In world it is simply because of the high damage factor and how abundant they are
But everyone's basing everything off one map, ONE single map. The amount of traps and options you have on this map is definitely a lot and it's a perfect one to showcase the new ways to hunt, but there could be maps without any traps whatsoever which amp up the difficulty (deserts or tundras etc).

It's far too early to start shitting on the game because of things people may or may not use.

Everyone plays MH differently anyway, some prefer solo, some online, some use bombs, some don't bother etc.
>>
>>383133237
So you want it harder? It may be harder, we've seen one monster. Nobody is going to know until we actually sit down and play it.
>>
>>383133310
>But everyone's basing everything off one map, ONE single map.
You're a moron if you think that this is an isolated instance. The only ones that will have a reduced trap number are Elder dragon arenas.
>>
>>383133379
Okay then give us one way any of those changes retain the level of play required for previous games.
>>
Besides the new art style, better graphics, focus camera and more interactive environments it's just like every other MH. It looks like the same exact gameplay we've had since forever.
>>
>>383133310
>because of things people may or may not use.
Yeah because people are totally going to pass up multiple free dragonators that the monster itself can activate
>>
>>383133849
Looking =/= playing
>>
>>383133993
We saw the guy actually playing, though. It's the same gameplay, with a semi-lockon focus cam.
>>
>>383134097
Yes because one guy playing is indicative of how multiplayer is going to work.
>>
>>383134097
You saw him TRYING to play dude.
>>
>>383134223
I never mentioned multiplayer; good job moving the goalpost. I was talking about the gameplay. The gameplay mechanics, which we saw in action, look identical tot the earlier games. Seeing how it works in real time is much more indicative than your baseless skepticism.
>>383134323
He's no fucking pro that's for sure but his low skill level no withstanding the core combat system is still 100% there
>>
>>383119342

>>383132889
>>
>>383124590
>FYI you can indeed turn the voices to Wyverian, or japanese. The only unknown are the scoutflies
SOURCE
Thread posts: 527
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.