[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is this game? Thinking about grabbing it for Switch.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: snakepass.jpg (67KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
snakepass.jpg
67KB, 460x215px
How is this game? Thinking about grabbing it for Switch.
>>
>the updated icon

REEEEEEE
>>
>>383103641
bump

Steam reviews are pretty good. Plenty other sites gave lukewarm reception.
curious what you guys think.
>>
>>383103641

I played it and I don't recommend it, playing as a snake is fun and all, but the collecting gets tiring quickly. The later levels don't introduce much else apart from different layouts of bamboo to climb. There is also no incentive to collect things other than to have them.
>>
Try it on PC
It's pretty mediocre
Generally speaking I don't know why you'd buy a multiplat on Switch unless Switch is the only thing you have that plays videogames
>>
>>383105341
I need games for it.

Getting it with Arms as a bundle. What are some good games?
MK8 and Zelda seem a bit pricey at the moment.
>>
Solid fun for 3-4 hours.
>>
>>383103641
Pretty much what >>383104906 said. The game's biggest appeal is how interesting it is to move around as a snake. Noodle controls pretty well, and once you get over the hump in learning how to move, you can get some serious speed.
However, the game is really short, and there's not really much to do other than collect things (which ultimately serve no purpose other than a skin for both characters when you collect everything). If you're just getting the 3 main collectibles per stage, you'll be done in a few hours; add a few more hours if you're getting everything.
It's not a bad game, and if you really want it, it's a good time. But it is lacking in level variety and mechanics, and there's no incentive to keep playing it once you beat it.

>>383105737
Blaster Master Zero and Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap are both fun if you're on a budget. Zelda though, is also fantastic.
>>
>>383105737
Like >>383106398 said Master Blaster Zero is good on a budget, as is Shovel Knight. Zelda may be pricey but it's damn well worth the money.
>>
>>383106246
This. But I would really only buy this if it was like $9.
>>
>>383105737
>I need games for it.
wrong mentality
you're just wasting your money to try to make other money spent feel more justified

you're begging for buyers remorse
>>
>>383106959
Would you say Shovel Knight is any better on Switch, or at least somehow different, than the PC version?

>>383107316
Not sure what you mean, I'm not gonna buy any games I don't actually want.
>>
>>383107431
But you don't even know if you want Snake Pass

You definitely want MK8 and BotW, they're the best games on the system
>>
>>383107705
I can understand dishing out 60 bucks for BotW, but would anyone really say MK8 is worth that price tag?
Probably won't get Snake Pass, gonna look into Wonderboy.
>>
>>383105737
Mighty Gunvolt Burst is good. Not a disgrace to the megaman series unlike Mighty No. 9.
>>
>>383107431
Not really, don't get it if you've got it elsewhere, unless you're really craving a portable version, it is absolutely the best one of those.
>>
>>383108292
I don't have it elsewhere. I have Mario Kart 7 on DS though, and I'm guessing they're pretty similar.
>>
>>383107927
>Wonderboy.
It's basically Zelda 2 with modern graphics, and it's 3-4 hours long

And yeah, MK8 is worth it. If you enjoy the game at all you'll get tons of hours out of it. 48 tracks, best in the series
>>
Different anon, I just went on the eShop to download the Splatoon 2 Testfire and noticed something called Implosion. The only review I can find gives it some pretty hefty praise, and the gameplay seems fun and kinetic.

Has anybody gotten it that has any thoughts?
>>
>>383108607
Damn, very short.

Well, we'll see how long 'till I get bored of Arms, if I get no cheapo games, I'd feel alright about grabbing MK8. Best in the series? o baby

the wait for smt begins
>>
>>383103776
I thought I was imagining things
>>
>>383108921
If you absolutely have to get some "cheapo" games I'd recommend Shovel Knight, Cave Story and Binding of Issac, those are all great games in their own respect, though they're all priced higher on the Switch than they are anywhere else
>>
>>383109148
I'd rather just play those games on PC.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
>>383109148
>$25
>$40
>$40
>Cheap
>>
>>383103776
THIS
>>
Is Blaster Master Zero any good? I just randomly saw the gameplay trailer for Shantae and Shovel Knight and thought that it looked semi interesting.
>>
>>383109272
Exactly
Which is why it's best to stick with the actually good games, you know, the reason you bought a Switch in the first place
>>
Snake Pass is a great refresher to the platformer/collectathon series. Lot of heart put into it and it shows.
>>
>>383105737
its about 5 to 6 hours long. I would say buy shovel knight with its expansions for switch
>>
>>383103641
>Snake Pass
>How is this game?
I bet it is switch owner, only they can think about playing shareware games, because they do not have real games at all.

>for Switch.
And i was right.
>>
File: 1347074346190.png (367KB, 757x564px) Image search: [Google]
1347074346190.png
367KB, 757x564px
>>383110068
>Console warrior
>>
>383110068
>consolewars faggotry

no (you) for (you)
>>
It's ok. I still need to beat it, and once I do I'll probably delete it off my Switch.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.