[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I min/max as a mage?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: DRAGNORlogoDRAGON.png (97KB, 600x293px) Image search: [Google]
DRAGNORlogoDRAGON.png
97KB, 600x293px
How do I min/max as a mage?
>>
make a team of you and morrigan, all with the skill that gives mana regen, and nuke the everloving shit out of things with elemental spells
>>
File: Sauron.jpg (191KB, 1270x629px) Image search: [Google]
Sauron.jpg
191KB, 1270x629px
>>383091958

Become Sauron bloodmage.
>>
>>383094221
I am aware how you become a bloodmage but how do I become an arcane warrior and which should I become first?
>>
>>383094538
Blood Mage first, Arcane Warrior later. Blood Magic is obscenely OP, but it takes you some time before you can start slugging it out on the frontline if you pick Arcane Warrior first.

You can also find a phylactery when you go into those elven ruins during the Nature of the Beast quest. It will unlock the Arcane Warrior class.
>>
>>383095465
I did already take blood magic on my current save and I just finished going through that area so I can head back in and learn arcane warrior thanks anon
>>
>>383095626
No worries man. If you're having trouble with other mages, get Mana Clash. It doesn't hit allies and it will come close to killing them instantly.

I find it very sad that Mages are even better at being Templars than actual Templars.
>>
I still think control spells are better - Force field on a tank, or stun all, or cloud mind.
>>
>>383096014
Is there a good amount I should increase my magic stat to, I know that as a blood mage willpower is going to be fucking useless eventually but I wanna know what points I should save for constitution or magic or hell even dex
>>
File: arcane warrior.gif (1MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
arcane warrior.gif
1MB, 240x135px
Get combat HP and MP regen up as high as possible (cailan's arms and armor are the best for this, you can get them almost right off the bat in the Return to Ostagar DLC but they will be a low armor tier if you get them early. You can use the equipment tier upgrade exploit to rectify this if you're ok with that, you basically sell it to a vendor, save, reload and buy it back.)

Go Blood Mage/Arcane Warrior (doesn't matter which order, both aren't that great until level 14 anyway)

MP regen should keep shimmering shield infinitely sustainable, this basically makes ou invincible

HP regen should keep you blood magic casting from killing you

look up which spells you can cast with weapons drawn, which is good for an arcane warrior build

You are now an unkillable machine that will never run out of MP or HP
>>
>>383096528
>Is there a good amount I should increase my magic stat to
Everything. As a blood mage you'll probably want to bump up your hit points a fair bit, but everything else goes into magic. Magic determines power of your spells, no other stat matters to a mage. Magic magic magic.
>>
>>383096665
>cast with weapons
Or just use a staff like a normal person.
>>
>>383097337
Why the fuck would you be an arcane warrior then?
>>
>>383096528
magic should be as high as possible with an arcane warrior since it replaces strength for weapon damage and equipment requirements

willpower should be high enough to use all your sustaineds (there will be a lot as an AW) with a comfortable enough buffer zone to keep you from completely running out of mana if something drains it or something, MP will increase every level even if you don't level willpower so keep that in mind

constitution should be relatively high as it will replace the mp pool for your blood magic

strength is a dump, forget it

You actually need dexterity for a AW build, magic doesn't give you + to hit like strength does, so you'll need some to hit things. Plus the extra chance to dodge is nice

Either dump cunning or only get enough for level 4 persuasion (which is like 18 or something like that) if you want it

>>383097337
Weapons actually end up being your primary DPS source as an AW once spellpower begins to fall behind in power creep (This starts to become really noticeable in Awakening). Also I can't remember if Cailan's arms gives you the MP regen bonus if they're not out, which is the most important part of the build to keep shimmering shield up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.