[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

What are some more games like INSIDE, LIMBO, Deadlight and Braid?

I got all 4 of them during the Steam sale and they have me more hooked that any AAA game I've played in years. (well maybe not Braid)
>>
File: little nightmare.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
little nightmare.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
Little Nightmares definitely feels like it was taking notes from Inside.

The art's great, but the gameplay doesn't have quite the same level of polish though.
>>
>>383086572
Little nightmares is very good but like 10 minutes long
>>
File: 2013-08-12_00004.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-12_00004.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
It isn't really the same genre but I got the same kind of vibe from A Story About My Uncle.
>>
>>383087520
Not sure why I posted a picture of Deadlight.....
>>
File: Joy Mutants.png (398KB, 1001x759px) Image search: [Google]
Joy Mutants.png
398KB, 1001x759px
Lisa. In a bizarre turn-based combat kind of way.
>>
What really just impresses me is how such simple little things like how the dogs work in INSIDE.

You really have to think on your feet while also getting such a visceral reaction to just run.
>>
I think that Braid does not belong to your list.
It is from a "subgenre" of puzzle-platformers where the narrative develops from the puzzle elements, like The Swapper, Hue, The Bridge, The Company of Myself (the flash game). The narrative of these games is very silly in my opinion, maybe Braid is the best of the kind.
Playdead's games are narrative-focused (not in the sense that there is a relevant plot to them, but that the progression of the player occurs in a storyline and the puzzles follow it, the puzzle mechanics do not dictate the rhythm of the progression). I think this creates a conflict between gameplay and narrative. Little Nightmares is better than Inside or Limbo in this aspect. But Playdead's games are better overall and I want to see where they are going next.
>>
Little Nightmares has 3D movement and some stealth segments so it's not as clean overall as Inside (in my opinion), but I think it comes close to how good Inside is. Fantastic atmosphere, level design, and variety.

First part of the DLC releases tomorrow.

>>383086989
It's longer than Inside at least.
>>
>>383088172

is this marketing?
>>
>>383088678
Why did he have so many shoes?
>>
I really want to see Playdead make a more involved game. I really loved Inside and Limbo but they both are the type of game that are really amazing if you play them without knowing everything but once you beat them there's no real reason to touch them again.
>>
File: In the water.png (362KB, 455x1920px) Image search: [Google]
In the water.png
362KB, 455x1920px
>>383089447
>more involved game
Like, less cinematic moments and more direct player input?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.