[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: You're in charge of making the next game of your favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 11

File: 1307906211866.jpg (185KB, 900x813px) Image search: [Google]
1307906211866.jpg
185KB, 900x813px
ITT: You're in charge of making the next game of your favorite franchise.

What do you do and how do you save the franchise?
>>
Make Final Fantasy XVI with the artstyle of Final Fantasy IX, turn-based combat, and a Job System.
>>
File: 1289178667472.jpg (636KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1289178667472.jpg
636KB, 1024x768px
>>383086362

OP here

Make BFBC3

Pretty much make everything stay the same except make faction specific weapons, give assault medkit, support ammokit and make China and EU a faction.
>>
Give it back to obsidian
>>
>>383086776
Go back to l'eddit.
>>
>>383086557
all they need to do is go back to turn based combat and im back on board with final fantasy
>>
Mass Effect is now an XCOM clone.
>>
>>383086362
ARMA 4

Massively update the engine, or consider outsourcing to like Frostbite, Cryengine or UE4.

Set the game in a contemporary, or close to contemporary setting, +/- 3 years from actual date at most.

Make the base game more realistic, take mods like ACE3 and other medical modules and damage systems, and build on them for medical/damage systems, update vehicles to where tanks are nearly as well represented as they are in Steel Beasts, and aircraft as in say DCS, utilize more tech from VBS if possible.

And big upgrades to AI and enemy behavior as well.
>>
File: 1474516066047.jpg (97KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1474516066047.jpg
97KB, 512x512px
>>383086362

Make Halo 3 HD remake with campaign levels that was cut from the original game

Or make a 3rd person tactical squad based shooter where you play as an ODST and some levels allow you to choose where you drop at the beginning making each playthrough of the game different.
>>
>Ace Combat

Set it in the 70s-80s, introduce a cast of new aircraft and specific aircraft classes, like gunfighters, jumpjets, interceptors, interdictors, etc, from that era and before.

You'll be in charge of a rag-tag squadron, with a variety of wingmen, each with their own unique personality and character arc, and each specializing in an aircraft class.

There'll be a dynamic, multi-path campaign and story, with every choice impacting the war you fight, and your wingmen personally.

Superweapons and superplanes would be based on 70s/80s retrofuturism or existing cold-war era experimental designs

Doubling down on AC7's cloud-tech, one aspect of the story would be focused around weather-manipulation, with superweapons utilizing technology that can incite thunderstorms, tornadoes, alter the path of hurricanes, etc.

Make the whole thing VR compatible to rake-in those normiebucks.

Have Keiki Kobayshi go ham with his synth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwkl8TJSO9A
>>
File: 0005eb.jpg (109KB, 1024x850px) Image search: [Google]
0005eb.jpg
109KB, 1024x850px
I bring back Pandemic to make BF3 but throw in Rogue One maps, make them sit down watch TCW all the way through then make them add in customization so I can be a Plo Bro/Nera Nera/Commandos, and everything is in the package no dlcs no microtransactions.

I was actually kinda hype about EA Battlefront 2 until I heard about microtransactions. Fucking never getting my hopes up again and thank fuck I never touched EA Battlefront 1.
>>
>>383086776
>that pic
kill yourself
>>
metal gear solid

make a game in the fox engine that is a remake of both metal gear and metal gear 2 from the msx, one game where you play as solid snake going on both missions. liberal retooling of "bosses" from the original to be more interesting, make that whole venom not big boss fiasco from v more appealing, really try and differentiate the characters.
>>
File: finns.jpg (832KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
finns.jpg
832KB, 1280x960px
Forgotten Hope 3
>story mode (including an axis campaign)
>gameplay tweaks
>graphical upgrade
>in-game soundtrack by Michael Giacchino
>more maps (+size)
>BF2 squad system
>modding tools

more gameplay options
>capturing certains bases will provide a reinforcement (more tickets)
>artillery, air support, air recon, etc.
>semi-realistic gameplay

a ww2 game to kill all other ww2 games
>>
Earth Defense Force

Depending on the events of 5, or at least from the trailers, 20 or so normal missions of EDF and later a mission featuring the capture of a mothership along with the teleportation technology to finally storm a ravager home planet for about 60 missions. Either allow armor/loot box drop to continue, but the missed items get picked up on mission completion, or scrap it for a buyable weapon upgrade system like insect armageddon.
>>
BFBC3

Make the movement feel like in 1, slower and more weighty. Increase destruction to actually include large buildings/battlefield constructions.

Give assault auto-injector and medkit, make support have ammo. Balance weapons and bring back unlock system of 1. Unlock universal upgrades (magnum ammo, better medkits, I'm blanking on almost every other one) through the same system as guns. Allow unlocking of weapon specific attachments through kills/point/xp whatever you want to call it on individual weapons.

Have multiple layers to teams, first actual squad size groups of ~10 players, then further divided fire-teams to incentivize larger-unit action through bonus points.

Give some more customization. Less camo, more aesthetic stuff that still manages to make classes easily recognizable.
>>
File: badcompany2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
badcompany2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>383086776
>>383095510

I miss bad company so much...
>>
File: 1390539894808.jpg (20KB, 370x239px) Image search: [Google]
1390539894808.jpg
20KB, 370x239px
>>383094771
>missed items get picked up on mission completion
>>
>>383089517
MOH: Airborne but with Halo gameplay (with a tactical spin because you're more fragile)

i'd play the shit out of that
>>
Simcity

It's exactly like Simcity 4

Done
>>
File: frick.gif (822KB, 300x212px) Image search: [Google]
frick.gif
822KB, 300x212px
Battlefield with a cold war/black ops/James Bond sort of setting. Vietnam war, Russians in Afghanistan, volcano fortresses, ski chases and commando raids. KGB fighting the CIA for alien technology at Area 51.
>>
>>383094771
>>383097721
I know I might sound crazy but I think an actual level system would help the grind in EDF, but when you grind for EXP you can only unlock whatever weapons are the difficulty you're playing, you could say that the difficulties themselves level up instead of you or the weapons, and the higher level the difficulty is the better weapons you get for that difficulty
>>
>>383086362
metal gear, by not devoting into microtransactions and not cutting any content
>>
Fallout
Give the series back to Obsidian and just let them make an actually interesting game. Take away almost everything from 4 and make a game that's functionally similar NV with an interesting story and characters that allow for role playing.
>>
File: God_Hand.jpg (125KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
God_Hand.jpg
125KB, 300x425px
MORE TECHNIQUES
MORE VIOLENCE
MORE SPEED
MORE POWER
>>
I take prototype and give it to platinum.
>>
File: 1497491578831.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497491578831.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>383106420
Fucking.
YES.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.