[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what if microsoft never entered the console market?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 6721d-sony_nintendo_sega.jpg (38KB, 619x508px) Image search: [Google]
6721d-sony_nintendo_sega.jpg
38KB, 619x508px
what if microsoft never entered the console market?
>>
>>383076793
then sony would have no competitor
>>
>>383076793
Autistic sonicfag detected
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEhGYbi4Ows

This, except only the second game would exist unchallenged
>>
Less chads/FPS on the market
>>
other than some sega games in the early 2000s Microsoft didn't do anything good for video games
>>
File: ngFSEtt7hc-4.png (22KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
ngFSEtt7hc-4.png
22KB, 300x250px
>>383076956
Hey man, that's not cool...
>>
No paid online for console games
Halo becomes a one-off late 90s Mac/PC cult classic
>>
>>383076892
fpbp
If microsoft never existed, we'd all be at the mercy of Sony for next gen gaming.

Nintendo dont give a fuck about competitors and just do there shit.
You fags are lucky, Microsoft came in as competition, Sony would've totally fucked you with bad business practices, because they basically own the market.
If microsoft didn't exist, you telling me that Sony totally wouldn't fuck you over?
>>
>>383076793
Sega would still be dead, Nintendo would still be the same as they are today, and Sony would ruin gaming with their shitty first party games while gamers would be at the mercy of them and third parties would stop making games on PCs to bend over to Sony's will with their weak ass hardware. Online gaming would be shit and chances are would have died with the Dreamcast, BC after the PS3 would never be a thing, gaming would be dead as we know it, since the Wii U would have bombed and Sony would be as bad as they were with the PS3, since Microsoft is keeping them in check.
>>
>>383076993
>that video
Shouldn't both videos be dry comparisons and no water effects?
>>
>>383078196
dreamcast died because microsoft bribed peter moore with a job at their xbox division if he killed it.
>>
>>383077357
>No paid online
You're delusional if you think Sony wouldn't have introduced this if microsoft wasn't around.
>>
>>383078883
They really wouldn't have. Microsoft brought the ideas to the market and when Sony saw how successful they were they just copied them
>>
>>383076793
Vulkan or an API like it could have arrived years earlier.
PC Games would have never stopped being cross-platform.
We wouldn't have lost a decade or more of progress due to PC graphics cards being constantly held back by DirectX.

Plus Bungie would still be Bungie, and Id would still be Id.
>>
>>383078883
The funny thing is that Sega is the one that invented paid online. SegaNet was actually subscription based when it was introduced, with an initial free trial period. MS literally took the idea from them. OP is a sonnygger shitposter anyway.
>>
>>383079010
What 'ideas' did Microsoft bring to the market that hadn't existed in other people's products years earlier?

The only thing Microsoft has going for them is their monopoly power and their experience with unfair business practices.
>>
paradise, utopia, hot sex in the streets, you name it, MS ruined it
>>
>>383077357
>no paid online
You're stupid if you unironically think this
>>
>>383078883
They nor nintendo would ever have invested or cared about online in general if not for xbox showing the value. Sony can't do anything for themselves, and nintendo were quite content to remain in the 90's for the rest of time because it was working for them. Consoles actually might be strictly offline right now if xbox live never happened
>>
>>383079158
seganet isnt like psn or xbl it was more of an isp provider than anything else
>>
>>383076793
Stop implying the xbox killed sega's hardware, you retarded faggot. You know sega of japan and the PS2 is what killed the dreamcast.
>>
>>383079897
>>383078731
>>
>>383078731
It died because Sega were retarded fucks that hated their American division. Keep sucking that Sega dick, they killed themselves from years of retardation.
>>
>>383080271
and yet they are more sucessful than you will ever be LOL
>>
>>383080271
Pretty sure it's sony-bronies trying to blame everything on M$, as per usual.
>>
>>383077484
LMAO. Microsoft is the one with bad anti-consumer business practices you delusional X-bot. If Microsoft never introduced paid online, it wouldn't still even be a thing.
>>
>>383081792
Ah yes, it's Microsoft's fault Sony introduced paid online.
>>
File: By6lWipCIAA80pf.jpg (85KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
By6lWipCIAA80pf.jpg
85KB, 600x800px
>>383081792
>there are people who think Sony is their best friend and not money hungry jap jews
the delusion.
>>
>>383080713
I'm pretty sure it is, like this piece of shit>>383080576.
>>
>>383077484
This. Sony gets fuck lazy every time Microsoft is in a slump. I'm hoping Microsoft gets off their asses and gets Sony trying again.
>>
>>383078883
Since I was actually alive back then, anon, I can tell you that game store clerks were encouraging parents to skip over the Dreamcast and get their kids a PS2. Sony had a LOT of sway over stores back then.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.