[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argue.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: 1483649479427.jpg (129KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483649479427.jpg
129KB, 640x400px
Argue.
>>
2 is objectively better, sorry.
>>
3 is objectively better, sorry.
>>
They're both good. I miss ascetics though.
>>
File: 1495251329214.gif (554KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1495251329214.gif
554KB, 250x188px
>2 had Fume knight, Sir Alonne, and Burst Ivory King
>3 Had nameless king and CHAMP
Actually tough choice.
>>
2 is objectively shit, sorry
>>
I bought the collectors edition of 2 for $20 so its better
>>
>>383077314
Burnt* Whoops.
>>
I played the games to completion in the following order: 2-1-3. Id rank them 3>1>2.
>>
DaS3 has horrible enemy variety.

>high wall
Generic boring zombies and knights.
>undead settlement
More zombies but with peasant clothing.
>road of sacrifices
Shittier stupid callback enemies to crow demons from DaS1, more boring zombies but now with sticks, and uhh giant crabs lol.
>farron keep
Shitty crawling slugs, rehashed enemies from previous games, and boring cliche goatmen.
>cathedral of the Deep
More zombies, more knights, and some gimmicky maggot retards. Oh and don't forget the rehashed slimes from DaS1!
>catacombs
Generic skeletons.
>smoldering lake
Rehashed enemies from previous areas and some cliche goat demons.
>irithyll
More zombies and knights.
>irithyll dungeon
Shittier mindflayers and some crawling shit mobs.
>Profaned capital
MEMBER GARGOYLES!!!?!!
>anor londo
Rehashed enemy from DaS1.
>lothric castle
Not a single new enemy introduced. All enemies are from high wall even though this area is majorly important.
>consumed garden
Literal poop monsters that you can only with fire.
>untended graves
Rehashed enemies from previous areas.
>grand archives
Reskinned Deacons but with candles on their heads.
>archdragon peak
Annoying shittier snakemen from DaS1.
>painted world
More knights, more shitty corvians aka demon crow ripoffs and some reskinned dog wolves.
>dreg heap
Shitty DaS2 tier crawling zombies and more tedious fat knight enemies.
>ringed city
More zombies and knights and some dumb grasshoppers at the end.
>>
>>383077306
Saving your ascetics to unlock specific boss weapons felt so good.
>>
>>383077534
DaS2 has horrible enemies in general.
>>
Why does reddit hate DS2 so much? one e-celeb sperged out. So is that enough for them?
>>
>>383077612
DaS3 has the worst enemy variety in the soulsborne series.
>>
>>383077718
DaS2 has the worst enemies in the soulsborne series.
>>
File: OpinionDiscarded.jpg (347KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
OpinionDiscarded.jpg
347KB, 800x800px
>>383077534
>High Wall
>Generic boring zombies and knights
But you're gonna sit here and tell me DaS2 didn't have a lot knights. I stopped reading at there, opinion discarded.
DaS1>DaS3>DaS2
>>
>>383077534
This is bait.

DaS3 easily has the best enemy variety in the series.
>>
>>383077872
Let me fix that.
DaS1=Bloodborne>DaS3=DeS>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>383076694
2>3
Next.
>>
File: 1494437715596.png (293KB, 272x273px) Image search: [Google]
1494437715596.png
293KB, 272x273px
>>383077572
>duping ascetics and Giant Seeds
>sending area to +10
>achieve Wretch Status
>use Giant Seed
>transform into crate
>watch Blue Sentinels get fucking destroyed by the first enemy they come across
>>
File: 1499333583335.jpg (15KB, 320x290px) Image search: [Google]
1499333583335.jpg
15KB, 320x290px
>>383076694
Today I will tell them that dark souls 2 is still shit
>>
>>383077534
The only enemies in DaS1 that I remember not being zombies or knights were the ents, snakemen, and bat demons.
>>
File: enviromental racism.png (181KB, 2736x1824px) Image search: [Google]
enviromental racism.png
181KB, 2736x1824px
>>383076694
they're both not DkS1, so they both win
>>
File: 1486340857275m.jpg (119KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1486340857275m.jpg
119KB, 1024x576px
Demon's souls and Dark souls are pretty fucking thight 10/10 games.

Bloodborne added intresting new mechanics to the souls series and took the souls series in a new direction. Refreshing and fun.

dark souls 2 added more weight to the combat but took a few steps back almost in every single way. Also sound desing is fucking shit. Pretty good game though.

Dark souls 3 is linear as fuck and has floaty combat which does not blend in with the game well. Looks kinda pretty but world desing is pretty bad to be honest.
>>
>>383076694

They were both fun, and the difference really came down to the tempo for me.

The combat in 2 felt clunkier, where 3 was more fast and fluid, but that fluidity felt wasted because of so much forced dodging.

2 felt more "fair," yet 3 was still easier overall.

3 had the graphics, hands down, yet 2 had a more fulfilling atmosphere.

In conclusion, I wish they'd make more of these games instead of abandoning the series over some artistic faggot pretenses.
>>
Both fun, neither are as good as the first or Bloodborne (I only played Demon's once at a friends so I can't really judge it).

The big problem they both have is all the wanking over the first game. Personally I think 2 is worse for it though shit like the Gargoyles and Ornstein showing up for no real reason other than "hey remember Dark Souls". Sure 3 had a lot more nods and references to 1 but it felt more like they were building on the lore rather than just referencing it in most cases.
>>
DS1
>nostalgia fags that dont realise that their game is shit after anor londo
DS2
>game isn't anything special but is ok throughout the whole game with lots of build variety
DS3
>cool looking weapons and moves but every weapon is the same shit with a different skin and a move gimmick that nobody uses
DES
>pure nostalgia
>>
>>383079334
>2 felt more "fair"
It had the most broken hitboxes out of all the games and tied i-frames to agility, strong enemies were placed in groups and they all had their speed massively increased for some reason so you can just run past them like in the other games, enemies had a magnets on their weapons and could change their direction mid swing. I can agree with some of the other points but I fail to see how it is more fair.
>>
>>383080031
Demon's Souls still has the best level design of any of the games, I can't believe I let people meme me into thinking it was outdated when Latria is literally the best experience I had in the series while playing them all for the first time this year.

Your post is about PvP shit though so you probably don't care for exploration.
>>
>>383076694
I've only ever played 3. Its pretty good so far. Ill probably get Bloodborne later.

Fuck off faggots I'm not buying another console or gaming on my work PC to play the first games.
>>
File: 1299171338072.png (3KB, 137x143px) Image search: [Google]
1299171338072.png
3KB, 137x143px
>>383079026
>dark souls 2 added more weight to the combat

what?
>>
Playing DS 3 for the first time after replaying 2 with SoTFS, and controling 3 is like a dream in comparison. In a lot of aspects of 2 is better, like level variety and weapon/armor aesthetic, but when it comes down to the core game mechanics and enemy encounters, 3 is far superior. From what I've played, 3 really just feels like the team apologizing for 2 and making their own game with the same concept, and while it's fun, I would rather they would try something different like they did with previous games, and for that I can respect the spirit behind 2 and it's directors. Here's hoping they innovate more with their next game
>>
>>383080423
des was literally linear level design.
>>
>>383080743
You have 5 different routes open to you.

Also every level in every game in the series is linear. Yes you can find a shortcut to a different place in DaS, but when you actually have to explore or progress you're following one path.

Also DeS breaks the levels up with the Archstone fogs, you have to go to a different place when you get to 1-3 for example. The levels also feel bigger because you're exploring the same theme across 5 bonfires instead of just warping from swamp to lava land to castle within 5 minutes of each other like on DaS1.
>>
>>383077829
Nope, DaS3 has the worst enemy variety.
>>
>>383077314
Fume knight was a retarded turd. The slowshit attack was annoying and dumb, and once you figured how to run to his butt it was piss easy.

Burst Ivory king is the best bossfight i've had, too bad no one told me i had to actually go look for the damn knights to make the fight balanced before i went to the stage 15 times and ruined the thematic entrance for me.

There's something about Nameless king, he didn't feel that challenging, perhaps it's the dumb sword making more damage than it should for artificial difficulty, otherwise his moveset is fun.

The greatest boss so far has been the Demon Prince, that's intense shit.

However DS2 is the better game, the world feels bigger than in DS3, Yhorm literally lives in Aldrich's basement, and the abyss watchers are at his doorstep. Too cluttered to have any sense of adventure. Dragonshit peak felt good because it was a whole area apart, same for the ringed city.

Also, Seek the fallen kings sounds better than bring the pussies to light the fire.
>>
>>383077534
>DaS3 has horrible enemy variety.
DaS 2 had horrible boss variety.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.