[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was it forgotten so quickly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 16

why was it forgotten so quickly?
>>
>>383067839
Niche game that every one played and beat.

No pvp?

I thought it was pretty rad
>>
Every single day, every single day this faggot anon makes the exact same thread.
>>
>>383068021
It has PvP now.
>>
>>383067839
cause it's a shitty soulsborne clone with a The Last Samurai plot for weabs that's why.
>>
>>383067839
coming from bloodorne the combat has no weight to it, felt more like a ps3 game.. the combat system was kinda cool but it didnt really keep my interest.
>>
>>383067839
its a 7 at best.
>>
I got to the second boss with the paralysis and got too bored to carry on at the time. I will give it another shot sooner than later though...

>passable art-style, ninja village in Ninja Gaiden was more interesting than every area
>combat is complex, though it's a bit superfluous at times since enemies are so easy to not get hit by. Getting ganged up on by several enemies is an opportunity to be an awesome looking player, though (I do the stance switching stuff constantly, it's a cool mechanic).
>inventory system feels more complex than meaningful, weapon effects and bonuses aren't really that exciting

I'd give it a 6/10 so far, but it's one of those games where a sequel can be so much more than the average game.
>>
>>383068902
Nioh is the definition of a cult game
>>
I found it kinda boring at first, but it's been growing on me the last 4 hours, and I just beat the electric tiger and now love the game
>>
File: 1490488191873.png (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490488191873.png
75KB, 800x600px
>>383067839
Other than its combat, the game was shit in every other category

>Diablo-style loot
>>
Because ultimately, while fun, it was mostly just a masturbatory self insert weeb game with a MC based on some English faggot who wasn't even a real samurai.
>>
File: 1494266510089m.jpg (209KB, 1024x804px) Image search: [Google]
1494266510089m.jpg
209KB, 1024x804px
>>383067839
I still play it though. I just need to finish up the ultra challenge missions on way of the demon and I'll have done everything.
>>
>>383067839
It's not apparently, since you keep making this flamebait thread every day faggot
>>
>>383067839
Nioh actively makes my brain rot every second I even look at an image of it
Bloodborne sends me into another plane of existence when I so much of think about the kino masterpiece it is
>>
>>383071469
le ironic shitpost
>>
>>383071713
If only your shitty existence was ironic.
>>
The way NG+ was set up and the fact that you basically can change your attributes whenever you want makes it so you have to go through the game once and you're basically done with it. After that it feels like diablo progression where you unlock harder difficulties, but the loot system simply doesn't work for a souls like game.
>>
>>383067839
The mission structure made it less interesting than Souls games.
>>
>>383070704
the level design wasn't THAT bad. It just severly lacked variety.
>>
File: 278.jpg (68KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
278.jpg
68KB, 680x510px
>>383071787
someone should get you to a zoo
because you're savage af boi
>>
>>383072191
>responding to yourself
couldn't be any more pathetic
>>
>>383072191
>>383072285
>post times
dude...
>>
>>383068902
So is Horizon, but that's talked about endlessly.
>>
I'm playing through it for the first time

It's good and I like the cutscenes and the personality of most characters

But the mission structure and how you gotta revisit places over and over again but only from a different angle makes it VERY trivial, and I don't think I'm even half way done

Bosses are cool and the music is good, but somehow the mechanics make it seem less... 'grand' (I don't have another word), especially compared to dark souls/bloodborne and how massive things can get

It also feels very arcade-y. It's good for the core gameplay, but I think it hurts the visual flow of the game a tiny bit (this is related to the last paragraph)

I like it; it's an 8 for sure, and I hope they get to work on these aspects if there's ever a sequel (I read it sold pretty well?)
>>
When the fuck is the next dlc out?
>>
>>383072552
>but somehow the mechanics make it seem less... 'grand' (I don't have another word), especially compared to dark souls/bloodborne and how massive things can get
It's not the mechanics, the 60 fps kills the feel of the game. 30 is best for Souls games
>>
>>383072697
I don't know. 60 is always good. I haven't tried it but I can tone it down to 30 so that I could get more resolution, right? I haven't tried it yet but I don't think it'll make any difference

I just feel like it's more fast paced, and because of that the bosses need to be fucking fast and as a consequence, they don't feel "bossy" enough... just a major dude swinging like crazy

But you might be right. I don't want to type the word "cinematic" becausei it's kinda taboo around here, but eh, some souls bosses put up a pretty good show, even at 30fps
>>
File: 1491068016460.jpg (24KB, 250x308px) Image search: [Google]
1491068016460.jpg
24KB, 250x308px
>>383072285
are you high ?
>>
>>383072458
Posting the same post-processed webms ad nauseum is not talking.
>>
>Japanese History
>Complex Gameplay
>High skill ceiling & difficulty
>Deep gear/weapons customization

It's too confusing for a lot of people to enjoy, there's just too many options and too much depth.
>>
>>383072327
>>383072285
wtf is even happening anymore, i''m tangled in aa web of shitposting
>>
>>383067839
Team ninja does some things 10/10
And other 6/10

The game is great if you are a casual whi wants many hours of fun. The hard core nerd fuccbois just play it throught in a few days and them never touch it again since they can itch their autism loops in other ganes.

Way more designed for them.
>>
File: 1494637761426.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1494637761426.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>383071469
>kino
discarded
>>
Do the fps change the experienice a lot ? I picked the 60 fps option but the slowdowns are a bit annoying
>>
>>383067839
Because it's boring as shit
>>
File: 1376208484795.png (34KB, 647x773px) Image search: [Google]
1376208484795.png
34KB, 647x773px
>>383067839
I dont mind if team ninja makes new games for playstation...

BUT CAN AT LEAST PLEASE FUCKING PLAY NINJA GAIDEN 2 AND NINJA GAIDEN BLACK ON XBOX ONE PLEASE? MICROSOFT LITERALLY FUCKING FUNDED THOSE LET US PLAY THEM
>>
>>383067839
jeem fahkin stehling is steel playin it m7, favorite game it is
>>
I liked the game but the loot system is really dumb and doesn't fit that sort of game at all. There are also no interesting weapons. Once you've used one sword or spear or what have you then you've used them all. The other just have different stats, the moves are never different.
>>
Too hard for nu-/v/.
>>
Nioh was great.
Sequel when?
>>
>>383078120
They're already working on it
Still concerned with how long they've gone without telling us anything about Sanada
>>
>>383072458
Nioh is nowhere near as memeable as HZD.
>>
File: 414747883_o.jpg (15KB, 236x500px) Image search: [Google]
414747883_o.jpg
15KB, 236x500px
any news about second dlc?
i really hope for pure onmyo/spirit weapon or something
>>
>>383067839
>niche souls game
>god tier devs
>LAULLZLZLZLXDD!!11 WHY DIDNT IT SELL GANGBUSTERS !!!11

>meanwhile BOTW gets GOTYAY BEST GAME OF ALL TIME awards
>doesnt even sell 1 million copies
>>
Currently doing Way of the Strong.
So basically soul match is pointless now unless you get lucky with a 150(+x) drop?
>>
>there are people that mashed square in Date's face with their korean 2kats and never actually learned the fight, nor Maria's that came after him
This is really the only problem with the diablo loot. Shitters fucking everywhere.
>>
>>383074904
They should stick to making hot girls.
>>
>>383078768
>unless you get lucky
By the time you hit way of the demon there won't be much luck involved
>>
File: 1425421616667.jpg (161KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1425421616667.jpg
161KB, 1920x1080px
I'm having a lot of trouble with the mission where you fight a bunch of revenants before facing Nobunaga + Yasuke. Too many 2v1 / 3v1 fights before facing them and then I can't cheese Nobunaga like I did when I fought him and his wife.
>>
>>383078782
That's not a problem with the loot, it's a problem with them dumbing down the mechanics from the alpha because people didn't want to learn how to play. The loot system is great and fits the game perfectly since it both vastly increases build potential and adds more incentive for playing missions and coop, and because the combat system is so deep (and used to actually be a challenge as well) it makes the levels far more replayable and enjoyable even if you're only in it for more loot, which also always gives a meaningful reward whether it's a new weapon or something you can offer/sell/disassemble. Anyone saying it doesn't fit is yet again thinking entirely in other game's designs, which has been the big problem since day 1.
>>
>>383072697
Hahahahahaha.

Fucking kill yourself, my man.
>>
File: 1401610247636.jpg (45KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1401610247636.jpg
45KB, 600x338px
>Heavy armor Axe/spear build that splashes Magic for buff/debuff spam
>mfw I've got attk up def up overshield while the boss has attk down def down wind water confused and I stance change ki-pulse for near infinite stam
Dodging is for faggots. Nioh is fun if you pretend it isn't a souls clone and instead is a more traditional JRPG where you abuse your toolbox like mad to brute force difficult shit.
>>
We say the best parts of the game in the Alpha and Beta. By the time the game was out, not only had the best areas of the game been spoiled, but the combat had become fairly less interesting
>>
>>383067839
>souls game
>get the first longsword you come across
>apply some buffs, fastroll, chug some estus
>eventually git gud

>nioh
>painstakingly hack away some random japs limbs off
>big red horned demon or large skellington shows up, kills you in one hit
>hit and run until its dead
>it drops suijingiri kanemitsu yomotsu hirasaka yakisoba +2, which far exceeds the stats of everything you've got in the previous stages
>gradually acquire the rest of your gear like that
>meet boss, it's a fucking gear check
>never git gud
>>
File: 1498946925181.jpg (93KB, 817x717px) Image search: [Google]
1498946925181.jpg
93KB, 817x717px
>>383067839
WAY too repetitive near the end.

Mind you, I actually like the boss rush missions. It lets you fight the bosses while skipping the trash.

But enemy variety and boss variety is severely, severely lacking. I recently beat Date and Maria and haven't had much motivation to continue thorugh way of the strong, and will probably never do Way of the Demon. PvP is actually kind of fun even though unbalanced but the wait time is too inconsistent.

I got the season pass tho so the next two DLCs will still be fun for a single playthrough at least and hopefully Maria will be a Transformation you can buy when Sanada's DLC drops
>>
>>383081674
t.conquered
>>
>>383082529
still farming Marobashi to finish the rest of WotD, faget.
I kept going on, expecting it to change. it never did.
>>
>>383068025
>>383067839
Seems like it's assured that people will never forget it due to these threads
>>
>>383067839
It's my goty at the moment, there's just not a lot to talk about. There's no solaire for retards to circlejerk endlessly and it's hard to discuss actual mechanics on /v/ due to shitposting.
>>
>>383078782
Maria is definitely not difficult.

Date can be but as a human enemy, there are way too many ways you can abuse him. I was a complete shitter but I just spammed Bull talisman at him and it was a knockdown almost every time.
>>
>>383082150
>Lady Maria is a waifufag favorite boss from the expansion that likes to spam overpowered shit
gee where have I seen that before
>>
>>383073640
>It's too confusing for a lot of people to enjoy
It's not, you're having a dunning-kruger attack.
>>
Just bought it bros, bout to take it down.
>>
>>383083065
I have no idea why they called her Maria of all names. But neither Maria was particularly difficult in both games.

If I had to be honest, Phase 3 Friede is more fun than both of them even though BB is the better game overall.
>>
>>383081352
>onryoki, nue and ogress areas were the best
you clearly haven't played this game, go back to youtube and watch more lets plays
>>
>>383067839
Because a lot of people hated it. Koei Tecmo is the stamp of trash with almost no exception. There are so many other quality games that appeal to the same "Souls" userbase, anything from the countless Castlevania games to newer games like Hollow Knight, Salt & Sanctuary, even games that aren't similar like Onimusha and Shinobi are better made games than Nioh. Nioh ironically is one of the most soulless games I've played in recent years.
>>
>>383083329
enjoy the first weeb's wild ride, it's saturday action flick fun, but remember it's not like dark souls.
transmog if you need some fashion, but everything must be focused on big stat numbers. you will need to farm a ton of shit and fuse it at the blacksmith
>>
>>383079292
That mission kicked my ass for the longest time, eventually got it through sheer willpower and persistence.
>>
>>383082681
And yet the only thing close to correct there was that stronger enemies can sometimes drop stronger equipment (stop the press). Conquered is a mindset.
>>
>>383083630
Nioh is one of the best action games I've played in years from a mechanical perspective. Once you get dual fluxing and stance dancing like crazy the game feels much more satisfying than a simple souls clone.
>>
>>383083630
soulless is a vague term, just like calling it good because its fun.
nioh's problem is that it wanted to copy the souls games but decided to throw away one of the most important things it had, the balancing, and replaced it with diablo loot
>>
>>383084103
denial of the truth in the face of a person who's nearing completion of content far beyond the base game only proves you're the one with a warped mindset
I am succeeding at everything the game is throwing at me by playing by its own rules. you don't even need the sloth talisman.
conquered mindset is lingo made by shill shitters, the same ones whining about honor in pvp in souls
>>
>>383084107
>>383084247
Nioh has good core combat but yes, the balancing is bad, but aside from just the pure combat, everything else is complete garbage. The menu's, level design, enemy variety, world variety, mission variety, the entire mission structure and how it navigates through a shitty mobile game menu completely kills any immersion you could of had. If Nioh's combat is 8/10 than pretty much everything else about it is 4/10. The story isn't even bad-good like Ninja Gaiden or something like RE1 were you can at least laugh at it and enjoy the ride and atmosphere. Nioh is a terribly shitty game that has a passable combat system.
>>
>>383084994
>can't enjoy the ride and atmosphere
nah, meeting people like Ieyasu and Tadakatsu felt a lot better than the regular boring renditions in Samurai Warriors
you're just mad William didn't bang Okatsu, when it's clear his waifu is Saoirse
then again, I was disappointed Nobunaga didn't play a bigger role in the plot. he gets the spotlight in the intro but ends up being just a midboss like weeb Tyrone
>>
>>383084994
It depends on what you value I guess. I don't give a fuck about immersion and the combat is fun enough to carry the game for me.
>>
I'm a souls shitter and the game honestly went over my head. The inventory drops filled my inventory up super fast and from there it was "select all rare or below"-> Amrita offering whenever I needed to free up more space. Never really used iai. Only talisman I used was the fire buff talisman. Rarely changed stances because I got familiar with the timing and moveset of mid-stance and playing in a different stance would mess me up. Never used any parry abilities.

It was halfway through the game before I realized the reason I was sucking major shit was because I wasn't blocking. I was dodging everywhere but dodging gives almost zero iframes. One hit and I'm stunlocked, I try and dodge away but I'm stunlocked. Took me forever to figure out the best thing to do was to block.

All the stats were intimidating too. I eventually sort of figured soul matching out so I stopped doing Amrita offerings and sold all my gear instead because that shit was expensive. But there were so many goddamn percentages that I ended up always just using what had the highest base damage or defense.

Rarely, rarely used consumable items (other than elixir of course) because it gives me anxiety. Always had my kodama blessing set to Amrita drops.

I'm actually proud of myself for persisting and finishing the main game, all side missions and all twilight missions except for one that I can't get for some reason. I died nearly 900 times. About 80 hours. Playing gave me headaches.
>>
>>383084697
>it's the truth because I'm saying it and it's the only way I learned how to play
You're the one that was crying about oneshots, gear checks and can only hit and run. Someone that complains about the game while ignoring what they have available and refusing to adapt is the very definition of conquered regardless of how far they've gotten, that you think it's anything to do with a pvp honour mindset is hilarious.
>>
>>383084994
Other than that shitty sunken palace the levels were fine. Enemies weren't even that repetitive, no different than a Souls level reskinning mob enemies.
>>
>>383079292
>>383084078
then level up your gear duh
>>
>>383085912
The water palace mission with umi-bozu was my favorite in the game

>>383086046
I had all 150 gear when I did it, and even ground out some additional player levels to give me an edge. I just had to keep playing until I got it right. And used the Phoenix spirit animal to save my ass.
>>
>>383085894
>refusing to adapt
adapt to what? to your bullshit handicap stamdards? I play to win, not out of obligation becuase the one anon said it's the right way to play. you're the conquered faggot unable to accept the flaws in the game you're shilling.
worse, by your denial of plain facts over the game's mechanics, all you're doing is exposing your lack of knowledge over what you're defending.
>regardless of how far you've gotten
see? the textbook definition of an honorfag shitter. it doesnt matter if you beat the game, becuase you didn't do it "honorably", you didnt play it the way anon wanted you to do it
thanks for outing yourself and proving my point anon, you did all the job by yourself.
>>
>>383085783
>Rarely, rarely used consumable items (other than elixir of course) because it gives me anxiety. Always had my kodama blessing set to Amrita drops.
>he doesnt use the power of jutsus because muh honor
>>
>>383086370
I fucking loathed it. Half the time you couldn't tell what was traversable and what wasn't. The fact that your character moves 3 feet from a slight touch of the stick doesn't help.
>>
>>383087056
if you cant even walk straight in a video game, I pray for you
>>
>>383086479
I'm actually amazed at how you see someone saying "If you lose at something don't just blame the game since there's other things you're likely neglecting" and somehow flip that round to push your own hurr honourfag agenda. If anyone is the one that's handicapped it's you, in the game as well since any "gear checks" can be beat with whatever you got during the level and using the game's items and mechanics like taking advantage of Ki. But stay an honourfag shitter if you want.
>>
>>383087359
That wouldn't be so hard if there weren't arrowmen on the other side of a narrow plank
>>
I really really our Nioh threads. They were so comfy
>>
>>383087569
look anon, there's this game here
it has a challenge
if I beat the challenge, I win. victory proves I did it right. if I was playing wrong, I wouldn't have won unless I was cheating
if you claim I cheated by playing by the game's rules, using the mechanics it provided me, then you are literally being a honorfag. ther eis no way around this. at all.
and good job with that NO U at the end, really drives home your shilling
>>
>>383087056
I honestly had very little trouble as far as falling in the water goes, and I'm the retard who died over 800 times. Just gotta go slow. Go into block mode if you need to. If you push lightly on the stick the walking speed is pretty slow. I would go slow and shoot the archers in the head when I saw them. Not easy because of the input lag on the aiming, but doable.
>>
The higher difficulties were just "We put more shit around the corners there originally wasn't shit and dialed everything's health and damage to 11" and PvP when they FINALLY put it in ended up being nothing but ninjitsu spam

I loved the game, but grinding the same endgame shit for specific stats, and being forced to cheese in PvP isn't fun.
>>
>>383087856
plebbit is still going strong, plenty of data over builds and shit
>>
>>383067839
If it is called Dark Souls 2 will not be forgotten
>>
>>383088717
>but ninjitsu spam
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

he doesnt know
>>
>>383088016
Then why are you the one that's crying about it being hard and badly designed as per >>383081674 where you call out supposed gear checks and one hit kills when they're easily avoidable by playing well and using the game rules to their fullest, like you claim to do?
>>
>>383073640
Not really. it's just boring
>>
>>383081674
there are no gear checks in nioh and you never need to grind to beat the game
people speedrun the game in 80 minutes
>>
>>383089023
That's what it was when I quit, I haven't played since mid June and have no intention of going back until the rest of the DLC is released because the only thing I'm interested about in that game is the story.
>>
>>383067839
Gameplay is great but the loot and crafting system is pure cancer and I hate to say it because I really like the core game.
>>
>>383089048
>easily avoidable by playing well
you could excuse even the crappiest game ever with this argument
diablo loot is a feature too. using fully leveled gear is also using the game rules to their fullest. handicapping yourself with naked low level runs is honorfag shit.
why are you crying about me not playing it like that if you care about the game's rules, like you claim you do? it seems like you'd rather have me play it your way instead and got mad I succeeded by not doing that.
>>
>>383070891
>some English faggot who wasn't even a real samurai.
He was literally the only foreigner who was a real samurai
>>
>>383089093
>but speedrunners
it's like teaching physics for freshmen and telling people "but Einstein" when they complain
>>
>Forced to grind the same shit endlessly so you can get the stats you want to get
>Crafting is meaningless
>Stats don't matter
>Bonuses are worthless
>Everything fun gets nerfed to the ground
>80% of the spirits are literally useless
People only started using other spirits after Suzaku was nerfed into the ground.
>>
>>383085783
This sounds like my impressions more or less except I like to use consumables. The drops are completely insane and all the stats are ridiculous (not the main stats but the gear rolls) in how many there are. I quickly found that blocking is the way to go, but I haven't learned how to stance switch effectively since my stamina is so limited that a single mid-to-high combo depletes it completely.
>>
>>383090054
What happened to suzaku?
>>
>>383070891
>The game is literally Japanese history 101 with demons and shit
>hurr durr self insert weeb game
さすが
>>
>>383090054
is there any decent spirit left anyway?
Saoirse provides everything you need, plus almost all your amrita back if you die again and lose your grave
maybe Tengen Kujaku if you have an elemental build, but thats it
>>
>>383089332
people found out you could just interrupt them by shooting them with a bow

especially easy now with auto track mods
>>
>>383067839
Niche genre. Mostly a single player game.
>>
>>383089591
Ah, I see you're trying to capture my trick, except I never once cried about how you played the game since you (supposedly) beat it, while you're the one thinking those things exist since you only stuck to one method of playing, which is far closer to your honourfag definition.
>>
File: DEGedZ8XgAA6IH-.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEGedZ8XgAA6IH-.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
>>383089401
and now you can just shut the fuck up with the crafting complaint
>>
Nioh is a lot like Demon's Souls where it's a good game with a lot of really cool stuff, but it's very rough and needed more time put in to be truly great. Hope From/other companies learn a thing about making fast, responsive combat. Nioh's biggest downfall though was how easy parrying eventually became, even against bosses, so something to make that a bit more exciting would be great. Hope Nioh 2 really capitalizes on enemy variety, or they try to change the setting and do Mesopotamia or something cool like that.
>>
>>383090149
Stats were nerfed because people were taking advantage of it's ability to give permanent living weapon to basically cheese their way through the game.
>>
>>383090498
>do Mesopotamia
why would anyone want to play a game about a civilization that no one gives a shit about
>>
Probably most importantly, a bunch of other games crushed it half a month after it released, in a time period in which people are already exasperated with the souls format.

Its setting is generic, and like most Souls clones it has a raging hard on for difficulty, which kneecaps a lot of the gameplay. I found it got really repetitive over time, too.
>>
>>383090635
Because you have a unique core theme but tons of creative liberty. Something like Aztec/Maya stuff would be cool too.
>>
>>383090484
I haven't played the game in a while and I already said I enjoyed it overall so take your fucking adderall
>>
>>383090867
Yeah but no one gives a shit about them
>>
>>383090414
>I never once cried about how you played the game
ctrl-F "conquered"
>supposedly
the shilling intensifies! first with NO U, now by accusing me of not actually playing it.
>calling me the honorfag while accusing me of "not adapting"
ayy
>>
nioh was great, just finished the main game
it's tied for my goty with yakuza 0
>>
Is the DLC going to add on different weapon types? It'd be raw as fuck to use tonfas and monk staffs.
>>
You get the same trash mobs throughout the whole fucking game.
>>
>console exclusive
>2017
there's your answer
>>
>>383091398
maybe

Odachi is pretty ballin
>>
>>383091676
>being a poorfag
>2017
>>
>>383091398
sure hope the Odachi won't be the only addition
it feels a bit unbalanced for the base game tho
>>
>>383090927
Was simply me calling it how I see it, since everything you're saying sounds like you're at the beginning of the game. What do you actually think the word "adapt" means, or does your vocabulary only stretch to shill? I'll give you a clue, it's the exact opposite of what you think it is.
>>
nioh was the perfect first game fit a series, and i don't mean the game itself was perfect. on the contrary, i mean it had rough mechanics that be easily polished, gameplay that could be expanded upon, and a setting that lends itself to multiple stories

basically, it laid all the ground work for a masterpiece
kind of like demon's souls did for dark souls
>>
>>383091789
Touché, anon. Touché.
>>
File: NiOh-6-1024x576.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
NiOh-6-1024x576.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
>>383091650
>tfw having to fight onryoki for the tenth fucking time
>>
>>383092474
then take him out 10 seconds or less

thats what I do
>>
>>383092474
What's wrong with that, honestly? He's just a small step above a regular demon after his first appearance. And he has a good moveset, why not recycle him?

The first time I fought him on the boat and he threw the balls at me, and the balls didn't just disappear, but he actually picked them back up and attacked me with them again, I was kind of amazed.
>>
what level should i be for the dlc?

i tried playing it after i finished the game but just got rekt very hard by all mobs, maybe it was because i was rusty though
>>
>>383092907
150+ on WoTS

250+ on WoTD
>>
>>383092865
>Not wanting to fight Hino-Enma, Great Centipede, Joro-Gumo, or Nue
I fucking hated having to run through Great Centipede's level in order to unlock it's shit in the encyclopedia. They had plenty of places they could have added it.
>>
>>383093198

I'm just a regular pleb who never did wots after finishing. I think I'm like level 80 maybe
>>
>>383093371
there was like no point to ever STOP leveling, even in pvp stats are only minorly nerfed and you still would benefit more from a diverse item arrangement of jutsus and are matched with everyone regardless of level
>>
File: ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN.jpeg.png (276KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
ARIGATO SHIRRUMAN.jpeg.png
276KB, 499x499px
>>383067839
Either you don't shill enough, or your shill is just to obvious and turned off any potential buyer on /v/.
I'm more leaning to the latter.
>>
>>383093325
you could just run through the level

tiger running scroll exist
>>
>>383092163
>I never did
>well... uh... just calling it how i see it
backpedal harder anon
>muh alternative meanings
a good covfefe for you too
too bad anon, it seems your arguments have run dry and now you're digging through semantics to save face
>>
>>383093556
>.jpeg.png
>>
anyone can share some pictures of the load screen arts? i liked the blue one with saosire
>>
>>383067839
Because it was shit?
>>
I picked it up about a week ago and got bored after a couple of hours. I don't like the idea of stance changing because the method for doing so (holding R1 and then a face button? Really?) feels clunky as shit in combat. I also got sick and tired of the Diablo-levels of loot drops. Honestly every other enemy was dropping something and being the OCD autist I am I have to check what it is and if it's better than what I have equipped, which kills all momentum for me.

Combat feels really good though and I love the idea of devs giving graphic options. I have a PS4 Pro so it's been pretty nice to see it used. Just small things that add up to a more annoying experience than it should be. Probably just gonna trade it in/sell it.
>>
>>383097539
I found the default controls to be really intuitive. It made good use of limited buttons. it took me several hours to get used to, but after that I didn't even think about it.
>>
>>383097539
>I don't like the idea of stance changing because the method for doing so (holding R1 and then a face button? Really?)

it means you havent gotten used to it

you can also do it mid attack and switch pretty quickly

>>383090484
also you can now shut the fuck up about that crafting complaint, you can now choose what you want on your crap with the new mats
>>
>>383097884
>>383097889

I understand it would take time to get used to but that on top of the constant loot being thrown at me I just haven't felt the urge to go back. I love all the Souls games and this was so close to scratching that itch but just felt off. If they just got rid of the damn loot system, which felt tacked on anyway, I probably would've stuck with it.
>>
>>383098243
You dont need to worry about the loot so much fuck goddamn just look for the level and you're good to go on the initial difficulty

stop with the autism seriously.
>>
>>383098347
>You dont need to worry about the loot so much fuck goddamn

I literally can't. It's probably the only thing in video games I can't get over. Anything involving massive amounts of loot/gear/weapons just puts me off a little bit. Same reason I didn't really like the constant inventory management of BOTW. Just annoying to me.

Game is good, dunno why you feel the need to defend it so much. I've already said the combat is good aside from my gripe with the stance controls but whatever.

>m-muh autism!
>>
>>383098243
I loved Nioh but I agree about the loot, it fucked with my tisms so goddamn much. I learned to just ignore it and use the biggest numbers though. It really is a momentum killer if you're constantly trying to check on what you just picked up. Because pretty much every enemy will drop items in the late game.
>>
There needs to be an HIV type virus that goes after autists
>>
>>383098840
Why wish that upon yourself though?
>>
>>383072552
>It also feels very arcade-y.

That's the thing. You're not freely exploring the ruins of a once grand and prosperous world clinging to life and trying to retain its humanity, you're a wannabe ninja dude running around a bunch of levels in Japan collecting mostly random loot.

Its actually a very solid game mechanically, but it's clearly more Ninja Gaiden lite than it is Souls and it doesn't feel anywhere near as meaningful to explore and there's less of a sense that each part was created with a particular purpose in mind.
>>
>>383098840

hiv doesn't kill people nowadays
>>
>>383098938
Breh

>>383099050
At least they'll suffer
>>
File: 1441933196053s.jpg (3KB, 66x125px) Image search: [Google]
1441933196053s.jpg
3KB, 66x125px
>>383099050
it does where he's from if you know what i mean
>>
First dlc was bad.
>>
>>383099024
>Ninja Gaiden lite than it is Souls
Feels like a weird hybrid of the two that could've been amazing but fell just short of the mark. Level design and exploration of the Souls games with Ninja Gaiden combat. Shit would've been rad. Probably my ideal game.
>>
>>383082975
Maria was fucking bullshit because she kept spamming that stupid cartwheel attack that somehow puts her hitbox ABOVE any of my attacks.
>>
>>383099191
The US?
>>
>>383067839
Because they haven't announced a release date for the second DLC yet and I'm fucking furious.
>>
>>383099139

> At least they'll suffer

Nah, just gotta take your meds daily and you can live your life like a normal person.

>>383099191

No, not even in undeveloped third worlds.
>>
>>383098840
Says the guy so angrily trying to convince people that his subjective opinion is the definitive Nioh experience. I was overwhelmed by the loot. You're the one who won't stop crying about me having a different opinion than you. You're the autist here.
>>
>>383099525
>Level design and exploration of the Souls games with Ninja Gaiden combat. Shit would've been rad. Probably my ideal game.

Yes, that would be but-fuckingly amazing.
>>
It came out in quite possibly the best yearly quarter in gaming history.
Too many good games with niche fanbases were in conpetition with it.
>>
Honestly the shit Diablo loot and making me repeat the game 3 times on difficulty levels made me bored if it. Was fun while it lasted.

Also they fucked up and made most mystic arts either garbage or must have to make a weapon useable
>>
>>383100032
That wasn't me, i just got here

>>383099968
Ok then, an autistic strain of ebola
>>
File: 1403851111910.jpg (48KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
1403851111910.jpg
48KB, 374x374px
Nobunigger and his slut wife got me really burnt out

I'll come back and give it another shot one of these days
>>
>>383100272
>It came out in quite possibly the best yearly quarter in gaming history.

That's slightly debatable, but I won't deny that games have gotten unusually fantastic in the past several months.
>>
>>383100629
The combo endgame boss fight?

my tip: go after yuki-onna first
>>
>>383101060

fuck no

you can completely ignore yuki-onna if you walk circles around her while laying cheap shots on nobunigger until he dies

she's more dangerous in melee range
>>
>>383067839
I played it, beat it, tried out some of the post-game stuff and got frustrated/bored and stopped.

Haven't played since the Dragon of the North update though so maybe checking that out could revitalize my interest. I played through most of the game with a Ninja Jounin build because I loved having shuriken and ninja tools that actually dealt respectable damage, but ultimately most fights just boiled down to spamming Kusarigama Blade Spin or that fucking ridiculous Haze-Iaido combo.

I heard that got nerfed though. Is Haze-Iaido no longer possible or did they just gut the damage way down? I mean I understand that it was broken but honestly it felt great to pull off and was one of the few combos that really made you feel like a samurai badass.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.