[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We can agree this is one of the best 2d platformers of all time right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

We can agree this is one of the best 2d platformers of all time right?
>>
>>383049942
What did it do better than the original Rayman?
>>
Origins is better.
>>
>>383050409
Origins levels are in this game.
>>
>>383049942
I loved Legends for its art direction and fun factor, but it felt like too many levels were just rushing and rushing. Origins felt more balanced in that regard.

Still a good value.
>>
I agree, Legends and Tropical Freeze are by far my favorite 2D Sidecrolling Platformers

Very creative, difficult, and lots of love to detail

>>383050065
>>383050409

The fact that Legends has almost all the levels from Origins still makes it count with Origins positives
>>
>>383050746
Yeah but what about the original Rayman?
>>
>>383050625
>>383050746
Not all of them, and they're slightly different. But yes, you're right, Legends is also a very good game.

New Rayman never
>>
>>383050625
Only 60% of them, and not even the better ones from the second half of the game.

A common misconception.
>>
>>383050746
>The fact that Legends has almost all the levels from Origins still makes it count with Origins positives

they also gutted all of the difficulty from the Origins levels and didn't include land of the livid dead (objectively the best level in the game)
>>
>>383050882
Original Rayman is still beautiful nowadays, but it has got a bit sluggish gameplay-wise, especially when compared to recent 2D Rayman's. Also, the way you need to explore very specific spots in a level to make enemies or a cage appear is sometimes very random.

Still a classic, though.
>>
File: Ori_and_the_Blind_Forest_cover.jpg (3MB, 2000x2386px) Image search: [Google]
Ori_and_the_Blind_Forest_cover.jpg
3MB, 2000x2386px
sorry guys wrong image
>>
>>383049942
>>383051302
both of these are good
>>
>>383051302
Isn't this basically a walk forward while looking at pretty graphics sim? That's what I heard.
>>
>>383051302
Yep, that is the wrong image
>ostentatious and melodramatic story
>poses no real challenge outside of the escape sequences
>SHIT combat
>ridiculously linear when you consider that it's meant to be a metroidvania
>pointless upgrade system that only serves to make the game easier
>no replay value

>>383051760
No it's actually baby's first metroid-style platformer with nice visuals and music
>>
>>383050746
this
>>
>>383049942
>Newgrounds shit
No
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.