[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else feel empty after beating this? How could anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: NieRAutomata.jpg (721KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NieRAutomata.jpg
721KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone else feel empty after beating this? How could anything ever compare to the story or music of this game?

Will there ever be another game like it in our lifetimes?
>>
Only if Yoko Taro directs it.
>>
>>383047094
Unironically GOTY. IMO deserves it much more than BotW.
>>
File: nier-automata-celebration-art.jpg (424KB, 1920x1242px) Image search: [Google]
nier-automata-celebration-art.jpg
424KB, 1920x1242px
>>383047472
Agreed. Although I do feel BOTW has insane replay value, it doesn't compare to the memories I hold of this artistic masterpiece.
>>
>>383047678
Except BotW has no replay value. It's fun for first hours but it's still the same game after.
In NieR Route B gives a new context to events in Route A and Route C is a whole different game.
And replaying the game gives even better experience now that you have whole context and can see all the small detail that were put here.
>>
>>383047094
Haven't bought it yet, savouring this time before I play it and wish I could erase my memory and play again for the first time...
May never buy it and live in blissful ignorance till I die.
>>
Nice marketing thread shills
>>
>>383047986
I understand that, and with all the endings of NieR:A it's well over 100 hours of gameplay which is great.

But it's kinda hard to argue against BOTW having more replay value with such a vast world and so many things to find and collect while roaming.
>>
Playing this right after P5 convinced me that only Japanese games are worth playing anymore unless I just disregard plot entirely
>>
Probably the game to define an entire decade. This is a game-changer on par with Halo and Half-Life.
>>
>>383047094
Same here.
>>
>>383048149
not a shill, was just listening to the OST again and felt compelled to make a thread. I'm usually a huge nostalgiafag when it comes to games since most that have been released this gen are soulless but this one is an exception.
>>
>not the original Nier
I like automata don't get me wrong though
>>
posting the most memorable tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Wp5VtRBy0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UCHsiy8ZHo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVnqtabsPQA
>>
>>383048512
instrumental Alien Manifestation is amazing. the opening sequence with it is one of the best i experienced ever
>>
>>383047094
Play the first Nier if you haven't already.
>>
I wanna get through it again. Just gotta make the time.
>>
File: 1495764979071.gif (831KB, 500x487px) Image search: [Google]
1495764979071.gif
831KB, 500x487px
>>383047094
Play 999. It's an original DS game but It's really important that you play it on the original DS since there are plotpoints related to the hardware. DON'T TOUCH THE REMAKES!!!

Believe me if you think Nier: Automata has a good story then you'll have an depression after finishing 999 because you'll realize you'll never experience a story of this quality again in your life.

I finished 999 back in 2010 and I kinda regret that I did because I haven't enjoyed a SINGLE novel/movie/anime/game story ever since because it simply pales in comparison.

999 is a self-contained story. Make sure to get all endings like in Nier. Don't play the sequels since the entire story is already told in 999 and the sequels kinda ruin the point.

>TFW you know with 100% certainty that the epitome of storytelling is already reached and will never be eclipsed in your lifetime.
>>
>>383047094
>Anyone else feel empty after beating this?
I got Nier for PS3, which helps.
>>
>>383049232
I've played 999 but not Nier.. now Nier will disappoint me, huh :(
>>
File: P5-BotW.jpg (123KB, 1006x702px) Image search: [Google]
P5-BotW.jpg
123KB, 1006x702px
>>383047094
>Will there ever be another game like it in our lifetimes?
There were already two better ones released.
>>
File: 20170629_200525.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170629_200525.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Only a few will ever understand what this image means...
>>
>>383047472
Ditto.

Botw is the best game that came out this year but Nier was the most important in a long time
>>
>>383049574
Nope

BoTW has no story relevance except the plottwist that it is the last zelda game in the timeline ending the ganon curse.

Persona 5 was a fun game but the story is a joke.
>>
>>383048161
Get a load of this guy, actually trying to have a conversation instead of shitpost. Next you're gonna tell me you liked both games.
>>
>>383050206
>story fags
read a book
>>
>>383050513
Some stories are only possible in the videogame medium.

Meaning that they CAN'T be told through traditional media like books/film etc.

Some stories that can't be told through a book or movie:

Nier: automata
Undertale
Stanley parable

Videogames are a legitimate tool for storytellings because it can tell unique stories that are only possible to convey THROUGH games. Meaning that the story has no way to exist besides for being a game.

And these are the stories I want to experience. Not linear shit like Persona 5. In which case you are correct. I should just read a book or watch a movie instead.

Play some more games where the story is intertwined with the gameplay some more. You are obviously lacking in this regard.
>>
>>383047094
This and NieR are two of my favourite games, if you started with Automata then go and play NieR right fucking now
>>
>>383050925
okay but botw etc. is a good game that doesn't rely on story
sure, it has voice actors and such but people are mainly playing it for the gameplay

get off Yoko's dick people like you ruined the Drakengard/Nier franchise
>>
Yeah, I felt empty because I wasted 30 hours of my life playing a shitty game that never got better.
>>
>>383050513
BotW might be a better game, but NieR is way more important title than it will ever be.
BotW is basically mechanics taken from other games and put in one game, some are more shallow, some are improved. But overall, it's nothing revolutionary. It has flaws but it's still a very solid and properly made game. However it's nothing worth the amount of praise it gets.

NieR on the other hand is a game that does something not a lot of other games do. People like to shit on games with story and i kinda agree. The main problem with them is that they try too hard to be books/movies etc. and don't use something that gives this medium an advantage, which is interactivity. Just like explained in >>383047986 this post, you actually get new content by replaying the game. You can't get new scenes or chapters by watching a movie or reading the book again. Add to this all the joke endings you get by acting not like the game told you to, that is self-destruct in Bunker, eating a mackerel, removing your OS chip, escaping from battlefield etc. Similar stuff was in previous Yoko Taro games but this time it all clicked with the game's gameplay.
One of the biggest complains about NieR is combat, however combat is not bad. It has a lot of depth, all three characters have slightly different moves and mechanics and it has high potential. It's the enemy variety that causes it to be so repetitive. However that is intentional. It's something that characters themselves comment on. That it's always the same thing over and over again and that they are having a futile fight. Player and character experience overlaps and makes great level of immersion. Hell even stuff like game settings and saving are explained in the lore.
Not to mention the story is great.
And at the end where you're given a choice to delete your whole progress to help random player is only an icing on the cake.
Whole game is an experience, even in the menu. This is level of depth and interactivity BotW did not achieve.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.