[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 49

File: header.jpg (50KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
50KB, 460x215px
This game is fun
>>
It's also trash.
>>
>>383044034
How?
>>
>>383044034
You take that back!
>>
>>383044034
No it's not.
>>
File: 1498734125795.jpg (21KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
1498734125795.jpg
21KB, 229x343px
Its also dead on PC. Why did I think this time will be any different.
>>
>>383045619
Why did you buy it for PC? I bought it for PS4 yesterday, and the scene is lively.
>>
>>383045818
Take a wild guess.
>>
I don't understand the Overdrive mechanic, can someone explain that to me?
>>
>>383045281
10/10 Perfection.
>>
>>383045957
I got nothing. You could have gotten it for €10 during on PSN the Summer sale if you're Yuropian. Why didn't you? You shoulda known better than to buy a fighter on PC when they're notorious for dying quickly on there.
>>
>>383046256
I like her older design a lot more. But she's still a qt, so whatever. She's also the character I have the most fun using.
>>
>>383046021
Popping overdrive gives you extra damage and stronger specials. Some characters also get other bonuses during overdrive like susanoo being able to access all skills.

If you press overdrive again during it you perform exceed accel, a special that requires no heat and does up to 4k damage during active flow. If you pop overdrive when stunned you break out of opponents combo instead, but its kind of a waste unless you're desperate to recover.
>>
>>383046343
No PS4. Who would've thought right?
>>
>>383046021
Instead of using to get out of a combo (burst), you power up your character, each character has a different overdrive, the less health you have, the more overdrive time you have and vice versa.
>>
>>383046538
Well, that's your own fault. PS4 + PC is the way to go this gen. PS4 for the fighters, exclusives, and console games, and PC for everything else, and Nintendo emulation.

You can get a PS4 for cheap these days too, you got no excuse. I got mine for 170€ and it came with a controller.
>>
Better Saya Clone coming in

>Start of as an innocent Kagura / Taokaka Player
>Friend starts to spam Nines exclusively
>Get fed up with her beyond retarded normal game and 100% safe mixups
>Google how to beat her
>Outrange her
>Learn the 9 Drive Juggle
>Easy full dial-up 4k combos

Never went back.
>>
>>383046579
>>383046527
Are bursts gone now?

How do you activate OD? All 4 face buttons?

I'm not sure how I feel about the mechanic. All this new stuff like Active Overflow and OD makes the game a lot more convoluted. I think Continuum Shift Extend had it right in terns of game mechanics.
>>
File: 1272153245278.png (3MB, 1601x2072px) Image search: [Google]
1272153245278.png
3MB, 1601x2072px
>>383046476
I agree, her old costume was better. Still 10/10
>>
>>383046935
Sure thing sonybro, I'll get your platform when I can pirate stuff on it.
>>
>>383043550
It's fun but goddamn is the balance fucked.
Overdrive is one of the worst anime fighting mechanics I've seen implemented into a competitive fighter. While the idea sounds fun and hype to basically give every character a super form, some of the overdrives in this game just flat ass break it and it's obvious that the engine that Blazblue was built and the earlier characters such as Ragna, Noel and Bang were not designed with this mechanic in mind nor do they mesh well with it.

On the other hand you have characters that were designed with it in mind and in the case of fucking Carl and Izanami their entire fucking game plan revolves around when they can use their OD to just completely cuck you out of a round garunteed.

Then there's the issue with Mori and Team Blue's retarded philosophy that as long as the character is "fun" (read: unique enough to feel different) then they are good which has pretty much dumpstered Noel, Litchi and Bang into the trash for pretty much forever because their frame data is garbage and their Overdrive does nothing but extend the round for a few more seconds meanwhile you have shit like Carl and Rachel who can quite literally combo you from one end of the fucking map to the other all the while being immune from any sort of burst you want because they have zone control of a fucking god.

Don't even get me started with Nine (3 shots and your health bar disappears,) Izanami (fuck your offense and aerials,) Izayoi (I have an answer to literally anything in this game and with even a bit of forethought can destroy anyone who isn't S-tier and not Diago,) and Jin (I hit you with a jab and the rounds almost over.)

Hell the entire game basically becomes a jab and setplay game once you get beyond mediocre level of understanding.
CS2 was the best time to play this game. Almost every fighter was on a leveled playing field and no one's mechanics outright denied or cucked the other and the story still made sense.
>>
>>383047171
No, Overdrive and Burts operate on the same meter.

If you push all 4 Buttons while in hitstun you burst, in neutral you will do a full duration overdrive, if you're attacking while pressing you will cancel the animation lock but get half duration.

Active Flow is gained by being "aggressive" and reduces the time until your next burst but also dramatically lowers the damage of Exceed Accels during combos.
>>
>>383047171
Bursts still exist. If you press all four face buttons while in hit stun, you burst. If you hit them while neutral you get an overdrive. If you hit them while in block stun you get a guard cancel overdrive which lasts less time. Finally, if you hit them during your attack frames you get an overdrive cancel which also lasts less time.
>>
>>383047248
Well, suit yourself then. Just don't go into other threads crying about fighters being dead on PC. You made your bed, now you gotta lay in it. I just hope, that for your sake, you didn't buy a Switch.
>>
>>383045619
Why do people on /v/ keep buying fighting games on PC
they are all dead
If you are not SFV (that has cross play with the PS4 version) or some indy PC first fighting game (Skull girls) nobody worth a salt plays on those versions

Always get the console version for these games, dont bother wasting your money with them if you do not own the console, pirate the PC version, have some fun with the arcade or versus mode with some friends and move on
>>
>people complain about Overdrive when Danger Time exists
>>
>>383047720
Thanks, I'll be in the next thread as well.
>>
>>383047819
>Why do people on /v/ keep buying fighting games on PC
Because newfag redditors believe what people on /v/ said. So when /v/ tells them
>get this on steam and support the scene! it will definitely be lively this time
they fall for it hook, line and sinker
>>
>>383047880
Danger Time is the Xrd mechanic isn't it? I never understood it or how to activate it. It always seemed to happen randomly.
>>
>>383047889
You're the guy that made that thread complaining last week, aren't you?
>>
>>383047329
Bang had to be nerfed multiple times and FuRinKaZan is still one of the best Overdrives in the game.

His skill ceiling is very high but he still has fantastic mobility, insane mixups and big dick damage.
>>
>>383047014
What is the difference on playing Nu or Lambda? are they the same thing? or minute differences but because of waifufags they are two different characters instead of a groove setting
>>
File: 33985339_big_p1.png (594KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
33985339_big_p1.png
594KB, 1600x900px
>>383047329
cs2 was fucking great. the only thing you had to worry about was who could corner carry to get the big damage in the corner.

but yeah i'm not too happy with the current state of bbcf. arcsys has clearly paused support for it until guilty gear rev 2 gets old.
>>
>>383048194
Nah, I just saw this one now.
>>
>>383047329
I had a feeling OD would ruin the game by making the meta revolve around it. I miss the simplicity of CSII, why didn't they just keep it like that and add new chars and moves? Also, story seems to make more sense to me now than it did back then.
>>
>>383048025
It does. It's entirely random and there's no way to turn it off. Literally nobody likes it.
>>
>>383047171
I like the active flow mechanic. You can use your overdrive quite freely and get it back in at least a round. I'm not really sold on the exceed accels though, they can make you pull of some sick comebacks, but they feel like russian roulette if both players use them at the same time.
>>
File: 51768897_p1_master1200.jpg (241KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
51768897_p1_master1200.jpg
241KB, 400x533px
>>383047880
>>383048025
>Overdrive
A blazblue mechanic that, depending on the character, can completely fuck someone over for the next 4-8 seconds while the player that activated it gets to have free damage and meter drain on the opponent while on other characters is basically worthless.

>Danger Time
A Guilt Gear mechanic that happens at complete random when both characters connect attacks. While it can fuck someone over there is warning and more often then not both fighters either block or run away and it inevitable ends up being worthless albeit annoying and completely retarded at times.

They are both complete ass, it's just that Blazblue's is a lot easier to turn into a near game-breaking mechanic and Xrd's Danger Time is completely random and needless.
>>
>>383048507
That's fucking dumb...
>>
>>383047880
overdrive effects every round in bb while dangertime in gg is simply something unwanted that you can avoid entirely with FD on start.
>>
>>383045152
Centralfiction is terrible. Exceed Accel and Guard Cancel Overdrive are the worst mechanics they ever implemented in the series. The balance is also horrible and adding more character to that clusterfuck of a roster was not a good idea. Fuck Mori.
>>
>>383048217
Lambda is more user friendly and has better / more close range specials.
She's still pressure from all ranges but she's doesn't falter as easily under pressure.
>>
>>383047819
I'd like to add Tekken 7 to the very small list of fighting games that are worth getting on PC.
>>
File: coffee~~.png (273KB, 579x681px) Image search: [Google]
coffee~~.png
273KB, 579x681px
>>383043550
I don't know how anyone can get behind a series that releases a sequel every single year and obsoletes all previous releases by virtue of having absolutely everything from the previous game + some new stuff
The online community dries up just as fast
>>
>>383048691
It just came out. T7's PC scene will be dead in two months like all other PC fighters.
>>
>>383048025
two attacks of the same level must clash, if they do Danger Time is triggered and every attack during it is calculated as a fatal counter (does more damage)
Its pretty easy to understand because although a new mechanic in GG, the "franchise reboot" game came with it and all characters were redesigned with it in mind

Overdrive was slapped onto the old BB engine and every old character feels like it does not work well with it
Bang for example, went from his old set play of setting his kanji to get fu rin ka zan to just bursting it on overdrive
>>
All I wanted was Alpha. Is that so much to ask for?
>>
>>383048601
Stop mashing brah and you won't get EA countered :^)
>>
>>383048989
Alpha and Jubei are likely to be added in with the final DLC patch.
>>
>>383048691
its still honeymoon phase with tekken 7, give it a few months and it will probably be dead or almost dead
>>
>>383048210
The best Bang player in the world (Dora) dropped him in this version because they fucking killed him with nerfs, what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>383049109
>Alpha and Jubei
No thanks. I'd rather not have it at all if Jubei also gets in.
>>
>>383048763
Well, BBCF is for you, Arc stopped developing new BB games, all of their fighting game efforts are going into Dragon Ball and GG now
>>
File: 1498077309067.png (231KB, 425x683px) Image search: [Google]
1498077309067.png
231KB, 425x683px
I want to see Makoto enjoy her favorite thing.
>>
>>383048601
This so fucking much.

I don't think anyone here realizes how much of a fucking clusterfuck the game is now. There's like 7-9 different fucking mechanics in the game now that can completely fuck you over so you need to constantly keep track of it and a roster of over 30 fucking characters is insane especially when each and every one of them have completely different abilities and gameplans.

What the literal fuck were they thinking when they added Izanami and Susano'o though? Who in the right fucking mind thought those two characters were in any way, shape or form were alright to be released as they are now.

Izanami is downright disgusting to play and watch and Susano'o just does not fucking function as a character in the game it is literally impossible for you to even use half his move in a round before dying.
>>
>>383048613
can either of them still do the dash after a hit confirm? I remember in CT nu being able to do that and in CS lambda had it changed to a DP command
>>
>>383048876
>>383049173
I say that's it's worth getting on PC because it's objectively better than the PS4 version, both offline and online. Less input lag, net code that can actually find matches, faster loading times, and tools that let you see frame data of moves as they come out. If that doesn't get people to prefer a PC version of a fighting game, then nothing will.
>>
>>383048763
That's every Arcsys Game ever, even non BB / GG Games get that treatement, see: P4A.
>>
>>383049605
Question.

In your opinion, what's the ideal roster size for a 2D fighter?
>>
>>383049671
Same can be said to the PC port of Xrd, and even when both PC and consoles were running the latest update at the same time, nobody fucking gave a shit about the PC version

It doesnt matter if the PC version performs better, no one will play it
>>
>>383049786
Not him but around 15 to 20 is fine. Any more than that and it's a fucking fanservice game.
>>
So many characters that I've never heard of in the story before got added, I just couldn't keep up anymore, and it felt like so many of the old characters got pushed out of relevance.
>>
>>383049786
It depends on the mechanics and the workings of the game itself.

If it's simple like Street Fighter or MK then we could go well over 40 even 50 and it'd be fine but Blazblue is not simple nor is there really anything universal in the cast. There's always at least 1 character that completely changes how something works in the game and because of that complexity when you begin getting over 20 characters then the game starts becoming a balancing nightmare because you start getting shit like 'hard counter' characters.

Blazblue should have probably stopped adding new characters at the 25 mark. Anything over 28 is overkill and where we're at now (32) is just downright stupid because there's no way to actually balance every character to give everyone at least a fair playing ground at the start of a round.

Susano'o and Rachel are perfect examples of this because Susano'o starts the round off completely vulnerable and gimped to hell while Rachel starts every single round with a literal crap ton of options available that other characters simply don't have.
>>
>>383050113
The story became a clusterfuck of time travels and shit

I gave up on CSEX, fuck you mori, you dont have a single clue on how to write a time travel plot and Blue Raji was the only good thing to come out of this franchise
>>
>>383049605
>tfw enjoy playing susanoo

You make due with what you got, that's kinda the fun of it. Most people don't bother looking what you're unlocking anyways.
>>
>>383050113
All you need to know is that Ragna basically got cucked out of a enjoyable life with kittens by his own sister and had to literally delete himself in order for the world to get out of it's time-loop.
>>
>>383049786
Not him, but it depends on the subgenre. Team-based fighters need a lot to be interesting, especially if it's 3v3. More basic games like Street Fighter can get away with a somewhat large cast without feeling like a mess, and also because the IP is strong and there are a lot of fan favorites that people like seeing. Anime fighters probably shouldn't go beyond 30-ish characters due to the wild variations in balance and match-up knowledge you'll need to have, but again, the strength of the IP can make things more lenient.
>>
>>383047880
But people complain about danger time all the time. I'd even go so far as to say that most players hate it.
>>
>>383050309
>If it's simple like Street Fighter or MK then we could go well over 40 even 50

Fuck no. Even "simple" fighting games don't want that many characters. With fighting games, you want to have a stable and competitive atmosphere and there's no way it can be stable with 40 or 50 characters in the game. With that many characters, the meta of the game will never truly be fleshed out as there's very few that will try to learn all the matchup and that will result in people getting gimmicked out of tournaments because of "that obscure character no one uses". Fuck that. USFIV turned to shit because they started added nobodies and it became Street Fanservice. 3rd Strike had a solid 21 character and it was fine. Xrd was at 17 before they started adding dumb waifus like Jack-O and Dizzy. Same for SFV. Fuck the casuals who wants "muh all-star roster".
>>
>>383051347
What is your professional opinion on Under Night?
>>
File: Kill urself.jpg (51KB, 720x811px) Image search: [Google]
Kill urself.jpg
51KB, 720x811px
>>383051347
>Xrd was at 17 before they started adding dumb waifus like Jack-O and Dizzy.

Jack-O is legitimately one of the best fighting game characters I've played and Dizzy has been in GG since X. You're a goddamn idiot if you think either of those characters are bad for the roster.
>>
File: 1497814476708.jpg (61KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497814476708.jpg
61KB, 320x320px
>caring about ded game when there's so much offlline shit to do in these games
>>
>>383051654
Very solid but underrated game.

>>383051768
>I like those characters so they're good for the general meta

You're clearly a waifufag shitter.
>>
>>383051110
They complain it because of its semi RNG based triggering that forces the game to either slow down or end it right there (both playes either kill themselves on a huge damage combo or both block and run away till it ends)

Danger time has to be less RNG to people stop bitching, and when that happens, they will start bitching that is unfair
>>
File: MISTER FUCKING DOLPHIN.webm (3MB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
MISTER FUCKING DOLPHIN.webm
3MB, 1000x562px
>>383052327
A personal attack is not an argument. Try again you low I.Q. animal.
>>
File: t4.png (1MB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
t4.png
1MB, 1350x2000px
>>383045619
>>383045818
>>383047819
People like you are the problem you know. If you want to play with people then stop sitting in random matchmaking like a bunch of asocial fucks and find people to play with. There ARE online communities that actively host lobbies together and play these games. This isn't fucking League or Overwatch, fighting games are a lot more intimate and social by design.
>>
>>383052598
How is "I like those characters" a better arguement to my statement? I'm sure there are lots of people that enjoys playing as Susanoo and Izanami, but who cares? I don't care about your taste, it's still bad for the meta which was my point.

Try providing better arguement yourself and I'll give you a proper response, you shitter.
>>
>>383052992
Discord weebs are the worst though.
>>
>>383052992
No thanks, Discord-shill. I'll just go back to PS3 that's not fucking dead and meet people there.
>>
>>383052992
You got links to the common GG and Blazblue discords?
>>
File: in two parts.png (866KB, 720x638px) Image search: [Google]
in two parts.png
866KB, 720x638px
>>383052995
I did provide an argument.

Jack-O is a character who brings something new and enjoyable to the table. As a video game, the first and foremost thing a character should do is be fun, balance is secondary.

Dizzy has been in GG for a long time and Daisuke has expressed that he wants to bring in all the characters from XX back into Xrd AND she's a fan favorite AND she won the popularity poll that guaranteed her to be included in Rev so she clearly has more than enough reason and value being in the game.

Again, I go back to the point that the whole point of a videogame is to be fun, including fighting games. More well designed characters = more fun for more people which then makes the game all-around more enjoyable.

If you want to be a meta-fag and argue that because there are more characters it makes the meta more unbalanced and that's a bad thing then you can go right ahead and go back to playing Kung-fu on your NES because there's only two characters and they're the exact same so the meta is as solid as it could possibly be.

Can a fighting game have too many characters? Yes. But it all depends on the design of the game itself. Blazblue was not designed to have as many characters as it does because of how many system mechanics are going on during each fight. Guilty Gear on the other doesn't have as many working systems and they are all universal, there's no character that changes how FD works or how Roman Cancel works so Xrd can have more characters and not have the meta suffer too much from it.

There's your lengthy argument that I summarized before with only two short sentences but you responded with a half ass insult.

Now give me a debate or get btfo plz.
>>
>>383053427
You're stopping yourself from finding people to play on PC just to justify your complaining.
Those PS3 players likely use Discord as well.
>>
>>383052992
>join my discord fag
Tried joining one and found 1 person for PC, at the other end of the world from where I am. Never again.

Also got people to play offline with. Still regret buying this.
>>
File: 1457989646697.png (2MB, 1280x1688px) Image search: [Google]
1457989646697.png
2MB, 1280x1688px
>>383047329
How is the balance fucked when this is probably one of the most balanced versions of the series?? Sure you have people that have more bullshit than the rest of the roster (i.e. Carl,Izzy,Nine,Arakune) and some characters that are in the cuck shed(Noel,Bullet,Kagura) but either than that everyone are more or else even on the playing field. Even then you're acting like The top 5 characters in the game are some sort of gods where every match you face them every single time you won't even get to press a single button and they automatically win as soon as the match starts. The only person that really has no weakness out of them all is nine. Izzy has a valk like setup where she can't block while in active mode and can get shutdown with some good zoning, Carl is pretty damn helpless without nee-san once you seperate them, and arakune takes time to build up to his bullshit. The later of the two that I mentioned you barely even find online. OD could definitely use some tuning with some characters but for the most part they are fine. The player playing the character can matter just as much as the character themselves. A nine who only knows how to spam Kunzite all day can certainly be a srub killer, but anyone worth half of their salt can fuck of that person bad just by simple punishing.
>>
>>383054037
There are a lot of PC players in the actual discord server the playerbase uses.
>>
If you're going to shill Discord like this nonstop, why don't you just fuck off to Reddit?
>>
File: 6A.webm (2MB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
6A.webm
2MB, 800x480px
>>383048563
Practically all characters can fuck you up with OD. Even Noel. Hell back in CP I pulled off this combo with bullet a couple of times. Plus, the only person that drains meter from the opponent in OD is terumi. No one else.
>>
>>383054146
The balance is fucked because the difference between each tier is actually pretty damn big.
No characters can pull as much bullshit as Nine, Izayoi, Izanami and Carl, and it sucks out all the fun of the game, that's both in a begginer level and actual competitive level.
>>
File: Foxy Dose.jpg (126KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Foxy Dose.jpg
126KB, 724x1024px
>>383054146
Post a 10 second webm or gif of you punishing a Nine spamming Kunzite with a character who isn't top tier. If you can't do that then everything you just said is null.
>>
>>383053482
Blazblue
https://discord.gg/qnEsMm5
GG
https://discord.gg/0XHAUY5AppLHwWSh

>>383053895
>>383054295
Also this, a lot of folks play on both platforms.
>>
>>383054418
>being this elitist about how to find players
>>
>>383054295
And since you're not taking a hint. I'm done with discord.

Any fighter that needs it to find players is doomed from the beginning. In the case of BB if you're not US+console or JP you're basically done with it.

I'm still getting matches in SFIV without needing to beg like a bitch on a chat server. More than I can say for BB.
>>
>>383054925
Man, you are such an unlikable cunt m8.

>>383054784
Thanks for the links dude.
>>
>>383054925
>Any fighter that needs it to find players is doomed from the beginning.
So anything that is not SF and maybe Tekken? I don't get why you hate Discord so much, anon. I really just open it up when I want to find players, I don't care about whatever kind of community they have there, and I find matches in a matter of seconds when I'm looking at the right places, not just BB but UNIEL and KoF as well. Don't know where you're getting that beg like a bitch part from either.
>>
File: 1468808496520.jpg (71KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1468808496520.jpg
71KB, 633x758px
>>383043550
MY COPY STILL HAS NOT CAME YET WHAT THE FUCK EBAY I ORDERED IT MAY 8TH WHAT THE FUCK IS TAKING SO LONG AHHHHHHHhhh....
>>
Overdrive was fine in CP. It was really strong depending on the character, but you actually had to trade your Burst to use it. In CF, Active Flow increasing your Burst regen rate is retarded. You can get it back in the middle of the round you used it if it's really back and forth. They turned Overdrive from something you would pop if you really wanted to end rounds into something you do just to get started even though Hakumen and Izayoi would use it just to get stars in CP anyway, and Blazblue is already a really aggressive game.
>>
File: Qcc1GnMs_400x400.jpg (19KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
Qcc1GnMs_400x400.jpg
19KB, 329x329px
>>383054418
>People want other people to play with
>Point them in a direction
>FUCKING DISCORD REDDIT REEEE
I know a lot of retards here are vehemently against the very idea of community but some niggas just want to play video games
>>
File: 1494821805873.jpg (1MB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1494821805873.jpg
1MB, 848x1200px
I stopped playing once I learned I was too dumb to learn combos
>>
Is there a single fighting game track better than this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQIPLfLmUuE
>>
>>383056202
But that's a moba
>>
>>383056280
That's also in Xrd.
>>
>>383053860
>As a video game, the first and foremost thing a character should do is be fun, balance is secondary.

Balance is secondary only until you realize you fucked it up so much with added "fun" characters, people don't want to play your game anymore. That's exactly what happened with Blazblue, so don't give me that crap. Jack-O may be an interesting character to some but she was not needed in the roster at all and was clearly added for the sole purpose of selling more copies of the game to waifufags.

>Dizzy has been in GG for a long time, etc.

And...? Does that mean every old and/or popular characters have a legitimate reason to be in the game? That's a stupid reason and that argument alone just tells me you're one of those shitters that cries for "muh all star roster", like I suspected. Yes she's popular, yes she's well-designed for the game and yes, she's an old character. Doesn't mean that adding her in the game (as well as the other characters) was a good idea for the meta.

>If you want to be a meta-fag and argue that because there are more characters it makes the meta more unbalanced and that's a bad thing then you can go right ahead and go back to playing Kung-fu on your NES
My argument was based around being a metafag so I don't even know why you quoted me in the 1st place. I wasn't talking about "fun", I was talking about the health of the game and the tournament scene. People that thinks like you are the shitters that plays those fighting games for a week and then put them down until a new waifu is announced for the next version. Of course you'd want more characters because you don't care about what happens at a competitive level. Don't quote me and give me that "fun" bullshit if you're not even the target audience of my post.
>>
>>383055356
You should be able to tell just from the way he posts: He is the type of person that is highly unlikable because he probably acts like an absolute ass(at least online if not off too) to everyone around him and feels entitled to positive interactions anyway when it suits him. The type of guy who only respects people as people so long as they respect him as authority. You know what I mean?

That is just my impression though.
>>
>blazblue 360
how the fuck did this work?
the control pad was so fucking awful
>>
>>383056673
It's shitposting anon, we're on /v/
Don't think too hard on it.
>>
>>383056646
Give me examples, why was Jack-O or Dizzy bad for the game in any way? Post some credibility while you're at it. How much have you played Xrd? How much have you played any fighting game? I also like how you're assuming I just play the game for waifus when I have been playing my main unfalteringly since Xrd first released.

Why are these characters bad? Do they take away from the meta? Do they change it so drastically that it get's turned on it's head? Do they have an advantage naturally over everyone else? Do they have a disadvantage against everyone else?

You're argument isn't even a fucking argument, you're just bitching that there's more characters and that you don't like it and when I point out that they were added to be more fun and to give more variety you're acting like a fucking child and saying that I don't understand you like as if you have some deeper meaning to your bullshit excuse of a fucking paranoid look at fighting games.

Why was Jack-O or Dizzy bad for the game but not Kum or Bedman or Johnny or Jam or Baiken or Answer?
What is so different from these characters and why is it so hard to adapt to them? What dictates the meta in your fucking mind? The number of match-ups or characters instead of the actual content of said match-ups and characters? If not then what on fucking earth was needed for the roster in your eyes?

Would you have preferred Xrd to just have it's original cast?
Do you think XX had too many characters too?
Do you think Melty Blood has too many characters since they essentially have over fucking 50 of them?

You're not explaining yourself and your pitching a gigantic bitch fit because I said the word fun and you're acting like that one word destroyed your entire argument (because it pretty much has anyway.) Also Xrd has more players now than it has in any previous iteration so as far as everyone is concerned the meta is good and healthy right now but you would have it otherwise it appears.
>>
>How much have you played Xrd? How much have you played any fighting game?
I've played Xrd since release. Fighting games competitively for 10 years.

>Why are these characters bad? Do they take away from the meta?
Read my first post. The one you quoted.

>>383058057
>Why was Jack-O or Dizzy bad for the game but not Kum or Bedman or Johnny or Jam or Baiken or Answer?

If you read my fucking post instead of throwing at tantrum at me insulting your waifu, you'd know I said that all added characters (after a certain point) are bad for the meta. I specified Dizzy and Jack-O because they were the start of a shitstorm that is added character/DLC fiesta.

Bedman was part of the original roster so I don't even know what you're talking about here. Leo and Elphelt were fine, but after the Dizzy batch, that's where I'm suspecting Xrd going the same route as BB.

>Would you have preferred Xrd to just have it's original cast?
Yes.

>Do you think XX had too many characters too?
Do you think Melty Blood has too many characters since they essentially have over fucking 50 of them?
Yes.

>Also Xrd has more players now than it has in any previous iteration so as far as everyone is concerned the meta is good and healthy right now but you would have it otherwise it appears.
Rev 2 has a lot of players because it's newer. It's also the first version where a bunch of top players are being vocal about the balance of the game and the direction its going. One of the best player in America (Zidane) has never complained about GG before Rev 2 and now he's complaining.
>>
>>383059728
Not that guy, but are the complains about balance because of the roster size or because of dumb mechanics like Danger Time.
>>
>>383060176
Danger Time has been around since the 1st Xrd, everyone already voiced their complaints about it.

It's about balance and patches which is affected by roster size.
>>
>>383053860
I will say that I just recently started playing GG and Jack-O is the reason I fell in love with the game. Now, as far as Waifu's go, I want to learn Ram because
>Delicious Brown
>feet
But Jack-O is my girl, and fuck do I love making people hate Halloween.
>>
File: ramlethalfeet.png (3MB, 2381x1339px) Image search: [Google]
ramlethalfeet.png
3MB, 2381x1339px
>>383060669
You are a man of impeccable taste, anon
>>
>>383059728
You never answered his question of what specifically about Jack-O and Dizzy are bad. And "muh waifus" is an asinine reason.
>>
File: 16023671_p0.jpg (389KB, 963x987px) Image search: [Google]
16023671_p0.jpg
389KB, 963x987px
>>383059728
Your entire argument is that you don't want to have more characters for the sake of not having more characters then?

>"With that many characters, the meta of the game will never truly be fleshed out as there's very few that will try to learn all the matchup and that will result in people getting gimmicked out of tournaments because of "that obscure character no one uses"."
Xrd has not hit that point and isn't close to hitting that point. There is always going to be that one character that no one knows how to play against because he's/she's gimmicky. Bedman has always been in Xrd and he fits that description well.

Again, go back to playing Kung Fu, that seems like the perfect game for you. Why don't you play that? Any reason?

You're the one just completely side-stepping my argument by saying "Your not the audience of my post."

Also you're not insulting anyone's waifu you idiot, the only character in Xrd I really care about is May but I enjoy having more characters so more people can play until a certain extent.

You don't seem to want anymore than 20 characters in a fighting game well sorry dude but you're not going to find too many fighting games with that little of a cast these days but personally I'm happy for it because more variety = more fun = more people WHEN DONE WELL which Team Red and Daisuke has done.

You also seemed to be suggesting that for some reason I think Xrd is perfectly balanced when I said no such thing.

You think that I also just like new characters for the sake of new characters and not that I like characters that'll bring more players and more attention to Xrd. I'm the latter.

>>383060176
I don't believe any professional has said that there is too many characters in Xrd, they have only been complaining about shit like random nerfs/buffs from Rev2's update and the daily reminder that Danger Time is needless and stupid.

Also >>383060874
>>
>>383060815
Don't want to derail further because i'm enjoying the discussion, but GG needs more quality foot stuff out there. That is all.
>>
>>383056280
Sometimes I feel Daisuke tried GG2 way too early
Arc should relunch it as a full moba and reek it in all those ASSFAGOTS money to fund more games they want to make
>>
FUN!
>>
>>383060983
May is cute. CUTE.
>>
>>383061179
the moba market is oversaturated as fuck anon, not to mention the big titles already dominate the whole market, it is a waste to try it now.
>>
File: 1485833820754.png (2MB, 1000x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1485833820754.png
2MB, 1000x1415px
>>383060669
I started with Xrd but went back and tried out the older titles and now I really really need ABA back.
>>
File: A.B.A.png (735KB, 751x1142px) Image search: [Google]
A.B.A.png
735KB, 751x1142px
>>383062145
A.B.A. is too sexy. This series gets a bit too much for me sometimes.
>>
>>383047329
>Then there's the issue with Mori and Team Blue's retarded philosophy that as long as the character is "fun" (read: unique enough to feel different) then they are good which has pretty much dumpstered Noel, Litchi and Bang into the trash for pretty much forever because their frame data is garbage and their Overdrive does nothing
>CP 1.x Litchi
>CPEX Litchi
>CF Litchi
>CPEX Bang
Which universe is this?
>>
File: 581fdf53f86b01a2780373cbea5b7232.png (826KB, 1003x708px) Image search: [Google]
581fdf53f86b01a2780373cbea5b7232.png
826KB, 1003x708px
>>383062145
yes, you win
>>
>>383060815
>tfw love ramlethal but am not a footfag
>>
>>383060983
Well Smash pros don't have any problems with roster sizes, and in fact always welcome the variety of larger rosters. These days it's in fact EXPECTED for rosters to at least hit 35.

But I'm not overly familiar with the GG and BB scenes.

Reason I ask is cause I'm making a fightan game myself, and I plan on having a hefty roster of at least 35 characters, all with the uniqueness of Blazblue. So I'm curious as to how pros felt about it based on the discussion we say ITT.
>>
>>383062703
It's nice on this side anon, you should consider it.
>>
>>383062848
>35 characters with Blazblue uniqueness.
You're going to want to have an alpha out with only 10 character desu. You have no idea how hard it'll be to balance that much shit out.
>>
>>383062848
Learning 35 individual character matchups when every character is completely unique and full of misleading inconsistent design between each character is hard.
Smash doesn't have nearly as much depth per character so learning the matchups isn't difficult or sometimes even necessary.
>>
>>383062848
You have to realize those 35 characters came about through years and years of incremental sequels and DLC updates.
You'll never finish if you want 35 character off the bat unless you cut corners and make them all play the same
>>
>>383063187
Its easy enough when you learn their gatlings and have a general idea of what ends their pressure. its a point thats really overblown about BB having a big roster.
>>
File: 1498907055109.png (2MB, 1257x1985px) Image search: [Google]
1498907055109.png
2MB, 1257x1985px
>>383063091
>>383063187
>>383063249
Wait, perhaps I should explain. I'm making a fighting game, for a manga about competitive fighting games.

For the sake of storytelling, a larger roster is more beneficial. But the story is about competitive gaming, thus, I don't wanna stray from what the pros feel/think either.

Don't got me wrong, I'd love to make this into a real game, as I am fleshing everything out with this mindset, but it's also entirely ideas-guy type stuff, with a lot mechanics borrowed (and frame data essentially lifted) from my favorite fighters: Darkstalkers, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Melee, etc... as I don't have an actual team. It's just me and my writer working on something cool.
>>
>>383063881
oh

enjoy never finishing
>>
File: 1497389644457.png (387KB, 396x426px) Image search: [Google]
1497389644457.png
387KB, 396x426px
>buy game
>play for a few hours
>get sidetracked by something else
>come back
>playerbase is now 100 turboweebs that have been playing since the first game
>can't refund

I always get tricked into buying fighting games on PC. Waste of money.
>>
>>383062959
fuck no, stupid fetish
>>
File: vanilla.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vanilla.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>>383066228
Your loss, anon.
>>
>>383066415
I'm sure I'm not missing out.
>>
>>383064350
>tfw get tricked into buying pc fighting games THREE times
finally learned my lesson, although I picked up uniel for 8 bucks last week
>>
>>383060983
>Your entire argument is that you don't want to have more characters for the sake of not having more characters then?
Not only for that, but to have a stable competitive scene. I feel the same way about balance patches every 6 months. Is it more fun for some? Maybe. Is it needed? Most of the time, no.

>Xrd has not hit that point and isn't close to hitting that point.
With Rev 2's new characters, it's getting really close as I suspected. And I'm not talking about gimmicky character mechanics, I'm talking about obscure characters a few people use. That's because of the size of the roster. A smaller roster means a larger player pool for each character.

>You don't seem to want anymore than 20 characters in a fighting game well sorry dude but you're not going to find too many fighting games with that little of a cast these days
True, but there are a couple like UNIEL, Skullgirls and DFCI and I enjoy those games much more than Rev2. I went back to UNIEL and stopped playing Xrd just before Rev 2 for that reason.

>I don't believe any professional has said that there is too many characters in Xrd, they have only been complaining about shit like random nerfs/buffs from Rev2's update
Read >>383049605 this post. It explains why a large roster influences character balance. There's a reason why Marvel games with 50+ characters are a balance hell. It took the game several years to stabilize in competitive play.
>>
Where are the Makoto and Mai fags? I thought this was a /v/ BB thread?
>>
>>383049605
Susano'o isn't nearly as bad as he's made out, but his biggest flaws lay in how he's completely fucked by ODR/EA which should not be an issue in a character released a year after the game had been out in arcade. It's pretty clear the devs have no idea how to balance around the system mechanics or even understand the application of mechanics they created.
>>
>>383067882
>he will never experience, enjoy, or crave a fantastic footjob
No really, I want you to experience this.
>>
>>383068880
that doesn't sound even remotely appealing, clumsy at best.
>>
>>383069281
Depends on the girl, in all honesty.
>>
File: 1463628971633.jpg (122KB, 630x690px) Image search: [Google]
1463628971633.jpg
122KB, 630x690px
>>383068340
This is now a Plat thread!
>>
>>383068880
Would rather sniff or lick her feet.
>>
>>383057273

Some of these complaints are stupid even by /v/ standards though
>>
>>383069735
I'd rather just, you know, the usualor preferably anal, but that is not even considered a fetish nowadays.
>>
File: 1498777717400.gif (987KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1498777717400.gif
987KB, 500x452px
>>383064350
>Bought it because I haven't played BB sincce CSII
>Was itching for more fightan
>It had all of the DLC, and I hate not trying dlc characters on the chance that I might find a main in one of them
>It was cheaper than the PS4 version too
>Buy it and enjoy it
>PS4 version goes on sale
>Guy who's updating the game breaks it
>Luckily someone helps me fix it, but if not for him, no BB for two weeks
I knew what I was getting into but fuck man. I'm not buying shit on PC unless it has crossplay or my friends get it like Uniel
>>
File: Disgusting.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>383069815
>>
File: 1448759053668.jpg (479KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1448759053668.jpg
479KB, 1024x1024px
>>383070420
>>
>>383069815
I want to lick her armpits!
>>
File: ce450_26.png (11KB, 222x354px) Image search: [Google]
ce450_26.png
11KB, 222x354px
I want to lick her boobs!
>>
File: 1456593673799.jpg (869KB, 1300x982px) Image search: [Google]
1456593673799.jpg
869KB, 1300x982px
>>383070648
DO

NOT

LICK
>>
>>383068340

/v/ is barely fun and freewheeling enough for even that anymore. 2017 /v/is hurl insults and labels and feud with people over the stupidest shit possible. It's not about what you think or sharing images, it's about telling everyone else that what this think is objectively wrong and trying to bait them. 2016 /v/ had tons of fan art for the character and was at least that much fun but this is 2017 the year everybody stopped giving a shit about anything and just decided no fun allowed ever. Like literally ever. This generation is going to make for some of the most miserable adults in history
>>
File: 1463624255781.jpg (591KB, 1060x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1463624255781.jpg
591KB, 1060x1500px
I want to fug Plat butt.
>>
File: 12457784_p0.jpg (403KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
12457784_p0.jpg
403KB, 1400x1400px
>>383067908
I don't see the downside in any of the characters added into Xrd so far although I suspect that if they do keep adding more characters we will reach that point but I think that point is far off and not close right here and now.

So at this point I think I can only agree to disagree with you.
>>
File: 1473539949682.jpg (88KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473539949682.jpg
88KB, 800x1200px
whys she so perfect
>>
>>383071350
she's anime moebait garbage
>>
File: 1456593870033.jpg (1MB, 1018x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1456593870033.jpg
1MB, 1018x1440px
>>383071425
thats pretty rude you know
>>
>>383069815
I want to put my dick in her butt!
>>
File: 1463623521640.png (1MB, 1211x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1463623521640.png
1MB, 1211x1500px
FUG THE PLAT!
>>
File: 1456594743044.jpg (737KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456594743044.jpg
737KB, 1000x1000px
DO NOT FUG THE PLAT
>>
i'm gonna start bundling you people in with the atelier neptunia faggots
>>
File: 1481415605840.jpg (33KB, 594x325px) Image search: [Google]
1481415605840.jpg
33KB, 594x325px
>>383070887
>This generation is going to be miserable because a thread on a Sri Lankan soap carving forum isn't filled with waifu posters trying to one up each other on who can be the biggest mistake while posting pictures of their favorite girl and is instead full of people talking about the game the thread was made for
What ever would we do without the pleasant grace of our thirsty mongrel friends, the waifuposters?
>>
>>383072013
What did you expect from the guys who fap to moeblobs?
>>
>>
me on the left
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.