[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Tomorrow Children rest in RIP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: tomc.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tomc.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-06-the-tomorrow-children-shuts-down-in-november
>Make this fever dream of a game that makes no sense
>Nobody has any fucking idea what they are supposed to be doing
>Add no end game
>Fill it with micro transactions
>The game gets shut down after a year
Who didn't saw this coming?
>>
File: Ancient USSR Flying Saucer.jpg (490KB, 962x1312px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient USSR Flying Saucer.jpg
490KB, 962x1312px
>>383040843
Wait, that came out? I thought it was still in development. It was a good idea to have creepy soviet monuments though.
>>
Why did Japan studio wasted their time on this, when they could have been doing something else?
>>
>>383041109
The visual style was pretty much the only thing it had going for it.
>>
>>383041116
So that they never had to finish Deep Down
>>
Your job is to collect resources for the community. Lots of those resources can be purchased via DLC. People just leave resources in the center of town. You can pick up those resources and walk away with them.

Is this the most blatant videogame scam ever made?
>>
>>383041731
It felt like some one dude had this idea for a side project to test something and somehow it turned into an actual game. I hope whatever little money they made out of this is used to develop deep down.
>>
>>383041731
So its literally a Communism simulator.
>>
>>383040843
>Fill it with micro transactions

but didn't this thing have a commie theme?
>>
File: 10539386.jpg (53KB, 324x372px) Image search: [Google]
10539386.jpg
53KB, 324x372px
Looks like there was no tommorow after all.
>>
>>383042647
Correct
>>
It was the most boring F2P Minecraft clone I've ever seen. Glad I didn't fall for the paywall beta.
>>
>>383042267
The conceit buying micro transactions was basically bribing officials for shit. You'd also have to wait in line for people to finish with the crafting table or vendors, basically communist breadlines.
>>
Announced august 2014
Released october 2016
Killed november 2017

ouch
>>
File: really grinds the gears.jpg (34KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
really grinds the gears.jpg
34KB, 560x560px
>>383040843
>communism simulator falls on its face and dies
It really fired up my neurons
>>
File: tonni.jpg (107KB, 878x1158px) Image search: [Google]
tonni.jpg
107KB, 878x1158px
>>383042647
>>
>>383042846
Calling it a Minecraft clone is an overstatement. You basically only had these islands that spawned in and out and you had limited time to go gather resources from those.
>>
>>383040843
>shuts down
I thought i was some indie game. Its online only or something?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.