[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8Bitdo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: sku_406531_7.jpg (128KB, 1253x413px) Image search: [Google]
sku_406531_7.jpg
128KB, 1253x413px
I want to know /v/'s honest opinion about these controllers.

I see them at my local Fry's electronics for $35 to $45 each. I really want to be able to use them for PC, Switch, and my actual Super Famicom (with the retro receiver). How's the connection and build quality? Will Nintendo release a firmware update that makes these incompatible with the Switch in the future?
>>
I work for Nintendo and yes, we're working on a firmware update that disables the use of these and other third party controllers.
>>
>>383033893
My Dad works for Nintendo and he said they are going to improve them
>>
>>383033893
My gf(male) actually works for nintendo, and she said that they don't give a fuck about these controllers.
>>
I'm high up in NoA and we're working on a firmware that tracks unofficial controllers so we can brick your console
>>
I work for Atari and we've been working on a transdimensional transportation device for the past 1000 years and I don't know what the fuck that thing is
>>
>>383033661
I have the SFC30, which is pretty much the same thing as the FC30. Build quality is pretty good, though the sticks are a bit too small for my liking. Works very well with NeoGeo games and Mario Kart. Zelda is a bit weird though because of the shoulder button placement. It's definitely something you gotta get used to.
>>
I work for candle jack and i -
>>
I was talking to my best friend from childhood Reggie Fils-Aimé and he says that they're gonna let the controllers work but disable their ability to run on anything not Nintendo once you connect.

Also it gives you passive aggressive comments asking what's wrong with the joycons
>>
The only problem I have is that the face buttons require you to lift your finger a bit higher than normal compared to other controllers. It makes button mashing a bit more awkward, and you sometimes hold a button longer than you think you would.
I'd wait to see the SNES controller they're making before getting an FC30 PRO.
>>
>>383033661
They are horrible shit with a shit d-pad, don't buy this shit.
>>
>>383033893
You jest, but don't give Nintendo any ideas.
>>
>>383036604
More stability updates.
>>
>>383036668
They don't work, I can still tap push my switch over
>>
File: retrolink.jpg (187KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
retrolink.jpg
187KB, 1600x1600px
i have retrolink and the 8bitsnes controller on the right. the retrolink (pic related) is perfect and feels just like a snes controller, with a USB input. the 9bitsnes controller is fatter than a normal snes controller, but it also can be plugged in via usb. the bluetooth has MASSIVE latency issues if you're planning to play at like ~15 feet away though, like it's literally unplayable if you're playing an action game.
>>
>>383036874

Retrolink is fucking trash. Get a Buffalo pad if you want a SNES gamepad.
>>
>>383037325
yo ok fucking rofl it has turbo buttons on it, what are you a fucking retard? did madcatz make it toO?
>>
>>383033661
I work at a local games store that stocks these. A white van with a huge ass nintendo logo on the side keeps driving by slowly every night just before we close.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (117KB, 1075x880px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
117KB, 1075x880px
>>383033661
I will say to wait on buying either one of them, because it looks like 8bitdo is making a different SNES one. I can't find much info on when the fuck it's coming out, but you might as well wait for the newer model unless they jew the fuck out of the price.
>>
>>383037925
Your assumptions have nothing to do with if the pad is actually good or not

It is

Now stay corrected faggot
>>
>>383036874
>retrolink
>perfect
I hope you're not serious, the build quality on all retrolink pads is shit.
>>
>>383038716
>>383038998
i have had mine for 6 years and it's still good.. i don't know what you guys are talking about, the build quality is great.
>>
>>383033661

I have the FC30 Pro Controller and love it. It's a damned good controller and works really well with my Switch. It's a good quality controller, it doesn't feel like a plastic piece of junk. I'd say it's well worth the money.
>>
>>383033893
got a feeling that this is legit
>>
Those controllers are absolute fucking pieces of shit and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise

>Bought the NES one
>Dead in the box, wouldn't charge
>Exchanged for a new one
>Exchanged for the SNES one
>This one worked ONLY when it was plugged in, the minute I tried to connect it to bluetooth it shit itself and died, would not work after that
>Exchanged for the Famicom one with the joysticks in OP's pic
>Exchanged for the NES one with the joysticks
>Same issue, only worked when connected, when I tried to connect it to my Switch, my Phone, and my tablet it just fried and died, wouldn't charge after that
>Returned the fucking thing and told the company to piss off

Those things are absolute fucking garbage

My shitty $10 SNES buffalo controller still works best all these years later
>>
>>383039107

So you're just retarded and don't know better, that's all we have to know
>>
>>383033661
I have the SNES30. Quality is 1:1 with the original one, and it connects to everything I have (PC, android, WiiU). I only paid $15 and I fucking love it.
>>
>>383033661
I'm not sure about those but I have the buffalo SNES controller and it works pretty well, I don't have any real complaints about it at all and it's only $18 bucks
>>
>>383039484
That's sad to hear. I got 3 SNES30s and they were all perfect. Never tried the NES ones though.
>>
>>383039107
Maybe you got lucky. Don't be too surprised if the d-pad just suddenly breaks.
>>
>>383033661
I bought a Nes 30 Pro recently and have been using it instead of my PS4 controller on PC.

Its pretty good and the buttons are really clicky. I took it apart and all the shoulder buttons are tac switches and the face buttons are super springy rubber that will feel a lot more like an older controller after much use.
>>
>>383039902
breaks as in what?? like the dpad falls out? how did yours break?
>>
>>383040252
The internal plastic thingy broke from right side and pressing right would do nothing.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.