[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the best game ever made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: dwarffortress-nosto.jpg (145KB, 580x391px) Image search: [Google]
dwarffortress-nosto.jpg
145KB, 580x391px
Is this the best game ever made?
>>
>>383031467
That's not Punch-Out!!.
>>
That's not Bloodborne, in fact it's not even on Playstation 4
try again
>>
>>383031467
yes. Its only flaw is inevitable fps death
>>
>>383031568
yeah, it's not, he said the best game
>>
>>383031467
Yes.
>>
>>383031656
rekt
>>
If it ever gets made, maybe
>>
File: --____.png (300KB, 469x526px) Image search: [Google]
--____.png
300KB, 469x526px
It would be if the UI was better.

inb4 hehehe casuals
>>
>>383031467
Is it even a game at all
>>
>>383031620
>>383031467

This.

It would've been GOATYAY if it let me create massive lava fortress with 1000+ dorfs without dropping to .5 FPS
>>
>>383031946
hehehe casual

don't you know the only way to play df is to mod it to be even less intuitive?
i only play in chinese.
>>
>>383032027
you can lose, so yeah
>>
has the best combat system/health system out there that's for damn sure
>>
File: Dwarf_Status.png (24KB, 639x449px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarf_Status.png
24KB, 639x449px
>>
>>383032490
You read words, not a VIDEO game
>>
File: source wikipedia.png (2KB, 324x24px) Image search: [Google]
source wikipedia.png
2KB, 324x24px
>>383034948
What do you mean.
>>
>>383031467
can't muster the required autism to enjoy this game
>>
This might be the only game that's harder and less intuitive than real life
>>
>>383031467
No, it's not even good.
>>
File: LMAO.jpg (71KB, 574x299px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.jpg
71KB, 574x299px
>>
>>383031467
No. It's cool, but it's not the best.
>>
>>383031467
No, but to be fair I don't think toady really cares about making it a good game, it was basically just a happy accident that his fantasy world simulator turned out to be fun.
>>
>>383031946
hehehe casuals
the ui is retarded and badly made especially for new players but once you get used to it it's not so bad. at the very least it keeps the community free of underageb& and retards seeking instant gratification.
>>
>>383031467
Looks interesting but I don't want to go through the effort of learning it just to simulate a bunch of gay dwarves in their faggy mountain cave. This is why rimworld is better.
>>
The UI isn't even fucking hard, or is using a keyboard too hard for your millenial faggots
>>
You can't even win in this game, it's so stupid, you can't even have fun in it, what useless shit
>>
This shit has a worse UI than the Linux terminal.
>>
>>383031467
/v/ is too casual to even know what this game is, we're basically a clone of reddit at this point, if it ain't triple A or weeb/meme fotm trash you might as well fuck off and keep it to yourself.
>>
>>383040747
shut the fuck up moron, walk into traffic and take your "we" with you
>>
File: 2cat.jpg (218KB, 625x1907px) Image search: [Google]
2cat.jpg
218KB, 625x1907px
>>
>>383040826
Look at the thread and then take your own advice retard. Durf furt threads never had this amount of newshit cancer.
>>
NEW MEANINGFUL CONTENT WHEN FFS
>>
>>383040938
>censoring the fag
>>
>>383041451
>taking the bait
>>
File: morty cat.png (241KB, 777x297px) Image search: [Google]
morty cat.png
241KB, 777x297px
>>
>>383041542
>taking the bait
>>
>>383032110
Hardware strong enough to run the game wont exist until after development is finished about a decade from now
>>
>>383034948
Ok you go play dwarf fortress without a screen to render the words on you fucking moron
>>
>>383040938
i dont get it
>>
>>383042545
If you have the source code you could do it on a piece of paper, except 1 frame would take you like a day
>>
>>383042876
You could do the same with any game given enough time
>>
It could be if the AI was better.
>>
>>383042876
see >>383043004

Do you honestly believe the source code for DF is organized well enough, let alone simple enough for you to calculate a frame a day using just paper? Like you wouldn't even need a calculator?
>>
>>383043053
Maybe it was a salt water stream?
>>
>>383043274
I said on paper, not using only paper, and for a very small map that is already gen'd, you could do it in a day sure
>>
>>383043459
You realize you're arguing a video game isn't a videogame because it doesn't require more than the human brain as a processor to play it in a thread where others are claiming its only flaw is its processor can't keep up with computing the game because their fortress become too massive and unmanageable for their computer right?

You also realize that now only could you not get to the point of fort rendering using your your head and hand calculator in just a day, but you would get sick after drawing you hundreth ASCII symbol and you'd never actually do that?

Hence it being a computer video game that utilizes a monitor and processor to render these things.
>>
No
it's a horrifically unbalanced random history generator, Toady has absolutely no interest in making an actual game
>>
>>383044124
>being a brainlet
computers aren't magic fucktard, you could literally actually do anything they can given enough time
they are just incredibly good at doing the simple things they do
>>
>>383045340
>Its possible to calculate anything a computer can
No shit, we created them.

I said you couldn't do it in a day, and you'd get sick of doing it for more than an hour. Its a video game because it handles the task of mundane calculations and the fact that you think you could achieve what you say you can in a single day is hilarious as it truly shows you lack of understanding of how much a computer is calculating while playing dwarf fortress.

You're arguing the capabilities of a person and a computer, I'm telling you the speed and performance is uncomparable rendering the computer necessary to play the game.

You wouldn't even do that for Mario, one of the most famous games of all time, because it would take too long. But you are certainly capable.

I'm sure you could calculate every input and output for stage 1-1 in a day, huh?
>>
>>383031467
That image... Is this a 2D sidescroller Minecraft for Android phones?
>>
>>383031467
Yes. Everything this game does well is everything modern gaming is missing. Aside from nostalgia games, this is the only game I come back to on a regular basis to build a fort. Some things do need a bit of streamlining, but really only a bit. Performance optimization would be nice too.
>>
>>383039071
Seriously. It tells you exactly what each button does on the side of the screen and its almost always things like W for workshop, D for door, etc.
>>
>>383046094
your post is extremely offensive
>>
>>383034839
ha ha cuss words r funny
>>
>>383045165
Over balancing is killing modern gaming. Everything is so fucking balanced that everything is the same. It shouldn't be an "actual game." Toady should keep doing what he is doing. If you want to embark into a comfy friendly biome with all your points spent and steel available on the first swing of your pick, then so be it. You picked your game.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.