[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo Switch Online app will launch with Splatoon 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: ayfeoo4gyoyrhmkjvcyd.png (119KB, 636x360px) Image search: [Google]
ayfeoo4gyoyrhmkjvcyd.png
119KB, 636x360px
Surprised there's no thread about this yet despite the mirrions of Spla2n threads.
>the Nintendo Switch Online app goes live on July 21st alongside Splatoon 2's launch
>on both iOS and Android app stores
>can show detailed info about previous matches and keeps track of all players' gear in those matches that you can buy and send to game
>voice chat will automatically split into whatever in game party you're on Which party chat on other consoles surprisingly don't have
Thoughts? Splatoon 2 seems to take full advantage of this separate screen experience, but it looks like another feature that Nintendo will fully utilize and other devs won't even try, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.
>>
I would pay to see the map live on my tablet while I'm playing
>>
Will the app have ads?
>>
>>383030038
Oh snaps that's brilliant! It'd be the perfect way to bring back that Gamepad functionality for a lot of games
>>
>>383030038
If they're gonna force us to use two screens for voice chat they might as well do this.
>>
>app
>still must use robust chat functions from smart devices instead of having it built in
No one wants to talk about it because it's embarrassing. The waifu threads are already embarrassing enough as it is.
>>
>>383031008
I'm not defending it but it's happening anyway so I'm just hoping it just works. I'm willing to bet the "Switch Pro" will have more resources to dedicate to extra features and have built in voice chat.
>>
File: ayfeoo4gyoyrhmkjvcyd-1.png (13KB, 113x107px) Image search: [Google]
ayfeoo4gyoyrhmkjvcyd-1.png
13KB, 113x107px
Her phone looks like an upvote
>>
>>383029816

>Not on windows phone/store

Fucking dropped!
>>
>>383029816
I don't even have a cellphone so I don't care. No idea why people make a big idea of voice chat, I'd rather not hear 12 year olds screeching about stupid shit
>>
>>383032934
Sorry about your brain.
>>
>>383030203
It "IS" an ad. Just like all the other nintendo apps
>>
>>383029816
this shit is dumb. people are gonna use discord instead of dealing with this daisy chaining bullshit.
>>
File: 1430791565040.png (19KB, 724x552px) Image search: [Google]
1430791565040.png
19KB, 724x552px
>no windows phone

guess I'm not paying you for online then

not like I was going to anyway
>>
>>383029816
>>voice chat will automatically split into whatever in game party you're on
so realistically, 95% of your games will be SHINEEE SHINEEEEEE YAMEROOOO YATTA YATTA
>>
>>383036524
More like WAHOO WAHAA BING BING
>>
>>383033431
>windows phone
>>
why do you need a gay ass app for this when it can just be done in game? this is ridiculous.
>>
>>383037185
The switch isn't powerful enough to run party chat in the background
>>
>>383030038
PS4 does this with a lot of games and it didn't really took off, I'm guessing Xbone does it as well since there's a lot of third party games that use a tablet or smartphone for a live map of the game.
>>
>>383036506
Man, you and my friend are retards.
>>
>>383030038
I always have a tablet in front of me while playing. Would be cool to use it for video games for once.
>>
>>383037469
Even the PS Vita can do this and it has much weaker specs than Switch. You can even party chat with PS4 players on the Vita while you play your Persona or weeb games in the background.
>>
>>383036469
The app is not only for voice chat but for having more options for the game like buying clothes and also manage friends.

I know you can do that also in the game but this app at least for me it's useful.
>>
File: confused.jpg (115KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
115KB, 1024x904px
>>383037942
It's unironically the best phone OS aside from the lack of apps(most of which I don't care about)
>>
>>383036469
this
phones sound like shit anyways
>>
>>383030038
They tried that with games on the Wii U and nobody fucking used it because in a fast game looking away from the screen is a death sentence.
>>
>>383038981
I used it all the time, you just have to glance at it whenever you're not engaged in battle.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.