[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys still play Duelyst?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1894.jpg (235KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1894.jpg
235KB, 1200x1200px
Do you guys still play Duelyst?
>>
Man, I haven't touched that game in over a year. How much have I missed?
>>
>>383029824
Vanar is cancer so not much. Will give the game a 2nd chance with mobile release.
>>
https://news.duelyst.com/bandai-namco-publisher-announcement/
>We're excited to announce that we've teamed up with BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America to publish Duelyst. This joint partnership will help us support and continue to grow Duelyst as the ultimate tactical card game.
>>
Fuck yes
>>
>>383031418
JUST
>>
>>383031418
>Duelyst is now a Namco joint
Does this mean they'll fix the dogshit art?
>>
>>383031418
Why are they doing this? Literally no one plays this game anymore. This isn't going to do anything.

They're just beating a dead horse.
>>
Play shadowverse instead. This game is trash.
>>
>>383032543
Duelyst getting Bamco marketing could be a major shot in the arm. There's not really any CCGs that play like it, so it's bound to find a niche.
>>
Moved onto Gwent.

Duelyst just got worse and worse...
>>
>>383033193
>>383033193
Bamco isn't gonna market it though. They just want money. The balance is absolutely horrible in this game and it's also pay2win. Shadowverse already blew it the fuck out of the water they should just shut it down.
>>
Shit game.
>>
If it didn't have shitty tumblr art and a trash community I would be
>>
>>383033905
It doesn't even have a community to start with.
>>
>>383033985
oh yeah
>>
This game could've been something great. Instead they ruined it with every update they released and their Jewish expansions. This could've been a big hit, but the moron devs fucked it all up.
>>
I play and enjoy Duelyst.
easy to accomplish daily quests to get gold for new cards.
Location based gameplay means there's a lot of options and nuance to make games different and to give you an advantage when you play better than your opponent.
Cool pixel art and animations.
A good balance of fun good cards, cheap ways to shut them down if you've got the right positioning and cards, (Dispel is great) and unique removal for factions that you can play around a bit.

In general it doesn't feel like a grind and it's fun
>>
>>383036890
Why are playing a dead game?
>>
>>383037242
> it's fun
>>
>>383028036

Dropped it after the Ancients expansion, devs pushing too many Hearthstone-lite mechanics into the game.
>>
>>383037865
It's dead.

>>383038616
This. Devs are clearly fucking retarded.
>>
>>383028036
>minion masters exist
>>
moved on to shardbound.

I was going to get back in months ago when the phone beta came out but I'm still waiting on a invite months later.
>>
>>383039949
How's shardbound?
>>
>>383040864
Similar kind of 'tactical ccg' type gameplay, except it goes a bit harder on the tactics aspect with fully rendered asymmetrical maps with a high/low ground mechanic. Also it uses hexes instead of a square grid. Production value is much better, art is great if you ask me but more importantly the art direction looks competent and not tumblr-tier like duelyst's character art.

Only con (and I guess only a con to some people) is that games can take slightly longer, I've had 15-20min matches.. Even great players will rope from time to time because of how complex the boardstate can get. Skill cap is high because of aforementioned complex boardstates with little rng.
>>
>>383042063
Forgot to mention, there's also cover and line-of-sight. Also the game's still in alpha with a lot of placeholder unit assets.
>>
File: Mask-of-Torment.png (333KB, 350x550px) Image search: [Google]
Mask-of-Torment.png
333KB, 350x550px
>>383028036
moved to Shadowverse and then Eternal
I wish everything that wasn't HS, Gwent, SV and ESL wasn't so dead
>>
File: wvtat659iz7z.png (218KB, 632x772px) Image search: [Google]
wvtat659iz7z.png
218KB, 632x772px
Meh, I stopped a few weeks after Ancient Bonds. I still keep up with it for the Unearthed Prophecy.

Like today we literally god psh nutin personell. Expansion looks pretty fun so far.
>>
I still play once a day, tough I've been skipping a few days recently since I'm up to 10K gold and I hit Diamond rank anyway.

It's still my favorite TCG by a lot, but I need to give Shardbound a more honest try. I just can't get into it because of all the same-look units. I'm waiting for the unit graphics to be done, I guess.

The devs have made a few questionable choices, but the game is still very, very well balanced outside of a few matchups, like most Songhai vs Dervet, or Dervet vs Magmar.
>>
>>383042063
I played a bit of shardbound too, like 7 hours, and it's definitely better than duelyst. Like half the minions are ranged, and if you ever played duelyst you know how absolutely shit-tier or absurdly broken ranged units were, but shardbound seems to make them work. They also have activated abilities and a graveyard, you can see these games evolving in front of your eyes. Though I think it's still too hearthstone-like for it to be ideal. I hope the guy at blizzard who came up with the idea of 50% of all cards being neutral gets kicked in the dick
>>
>>383043549
Is the game still alive? I wanna start playing.
>>
>>383042063
>>383043549
>>383044513
This is the first I've really heard of Shardbound. I'll take a look.
>>
>>383044858
amazingly I just discovered it on steam during the sale, first time steam recommends me a game without being abject garbage
>>
>>383044785

My queues are rarely ever over a minute, even if I reach S-rank. Tough I do run into the same people more often now than a few months ago. I'm sure when the next Xpac comes out, it'll pick up again for a while.
>>
>>383044858
Yeah, I just looked it up too. The art direction is pretty meh, but the gameplay looks interesting enough so I can forgive it.
>>
>>383042604
I really like Eternal. Been playing it non stop for the past few days, though I've been playing on and off since it went open beta.
I've only played Hearthstone, Shadowverse and Duelyst before settling on Eternal, and I find it so much more interesting. There are so many cool decks you can make and many of them are competitive. Set 2 will be a blast to explore.

I was planning on checking out Faeria since that looks pretty original, but Eternal has got a hold on me right now.
>>
>>383046450
I've not seen Eternal before. I've played a bit of Shadowverse but didn't get too terribly deep into it. At first blush, it looks like another Hearthstone knockoff. What makes this different?
>>
>>383028036

no but I still get relentless emails from them even though I unsuscribed
>>
>>383047591
It's a step closer to Magic, at least that's what people say (I haven't played Magic). You have fast spells, meaning you can cast them during your opponent's turn to ruin their plan. You declare attackers and blockers. There are a bunch of cool mechanics like void/graveyard, warcry which gives +1/+1 to the unit on top of your deck, echo which duplicates the echo card when you draw it and you can return cards on top of your deck to exploit it.

What I love most about it is that you can make really interesting decks. For example, there's a deck I've been playing around with where you play a relic called Crown of Possibilities, which is like an attachment on yourself which gives units you draw a random battle skill. You combo this with a unit Worldpyre Phoenix which has the ability of when it dies you draw it from your graveyard and it gains +3/+3. As it dies over and over the crown eventually gives it the Destiny ability, which causes it to be played as soon as it is drawn. This makes it so the unit comes back immediately as it dies, stronger, so you can never kill it off for good unless you can silence it, and it likely will get Aegis too which prevents one enemy effect, making it even harder to silence.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.