[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Refunding a Completed Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: full blast.jpg (195KB, 945x843px) Image search: [Google]
full blast.jpg
195KB, 945x843px
Do developers need protection if you beat their game and get a refund?
>>
>>383020804
You should always wear protection
>>
>>383020804
I have good protection for you.
How about making good game with long enough gameplay?
>>
Yes and no.
>>
>>383020804
Valve could implement a simple check for achievements. Since almost every game has one for completing the game, they could easily check to see if you have that achievement, and if so, your refund is denied.

Refunding a game you played to completion is extremely shitty and if you do it, you're basically a spic.
>>
>>383020804
I don't know but I spent my day yesterday playing Sonic Adventure 1, 2, and Generations and got a full refund on all 3

Steam is awesome, amirite?
>>
It is kind of shitty to do but also >>383021095
>>
File: GottaRefundFast.gif (8KB, 256x264px) Image search: [Google]
GottaRefundFast.gif
8KB, 256x264px
>request a refund for $2.27
>>
>>383021239
>Steam is awesome, amirite?
Steam was against it.
Thank EU laws for it.
>>
If your game isn't even long enough to last one sitting, you deserve a refund.

>>383021230
When i was a kid, I would complete used games from gamestop and return them within a week and just do this for weeks at a time.
They'd give me my money back 100% of the time.
I don't know if they still allow this.
>>
>>383021230
>Refunding a game you played to completion is extremely shitty and if you do it, you're basically a spic.
t. cuck

I bet you brought back your games to Blockbuster instead of renting and then selling them online.
>>
>>383020804
>paying for a flash/Mobil game at first place
>>
>>383021239
>beat SA2 within the refund period
is SA2 that short?
like, I've never bothered to run through it super fast, but it's taken longer than 2 hours with me and a few friends just passing the controller around (ended up taking about six to complete the whole game)
>>
Devs are not your friends. They are merchants who are supposed to try their hardest to sell you something worthwhile. If they fail, they're coughing up a refund, simple as that.
>>
>>383024179
well he never said that he finished any of that shit.

anyway can't remember but probably takes more than 2 hours unless you've played through it too many times.
>>
>>383020804
If i can beat your game in less then 2 hours it sould have been free anyway.
Fuck these devs that want to make half assed games then bitch about people not wanting them.
>>
>>383020804

No, because if their game is so damn short that you feel you need a refund then fuck them.
>>
>>383026409
>If i can beat your game in less then 2 hours it sould have been free anyway.

brb adding a mandatory tutorial, unskippable cutscenes, and more loading screens to my game
>>
>>383027478
>actually defending a game with 2 hr length
kill yourself
>>
File: Capture.png (267KB, 1129x778px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
267KB, 1129x778px
>>383020804
Fuck off

https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Do%20developers%20need%20protection%20if%20you%20beat%20their%20game%20and%20get%20a%20refund/image/kVI7OMhgb5-8Q74MjkVpXg/
>>
>>383027686
That guy made a very good point about how developers would just add bullshit to make the game longer than two hours and you are just a nigger.
>>
If your game is two hours long I won't pay anything over $2 for it.
>>
You know what developers need to do?
Sell us games that are longer than 2 bloody hours, honestly are they that fucking lazy they would try and sell us a game that would last two god damn hours?!
>>
>people always say that a game should give you an hour of content for $1
>$2 game gives 2 hours of content
>FUCKING INDIE DEVS RIPPING PEOPLE OFF MAKE A REAL GAME NEXT TIME
Hmm....
>>
>>383027478
Ya but they couldent even be bothered to do that. Litteraly laziness >>383027686
o the extreme.
>>
>>383020804
>not programming your game to run in the background after the player closes the game
Funny how these """great""" developers don't do this, it's almost as if they're shit devs that deserve to have their Unity Script game refunded.
>>
File: 1477493213101.jpg (16KB, 379x295px) Image search: [Google]
1477493213101.jpg
16KB, 379x295px
>>383020804
Stop spamming this fucking thread you mongol. Sage in all fields, but ill answer anyway.

The following is a fact: yes. Aslong as the games price is proportional to what you're getting, A great experience can consist of 2 hours and should be priced accordingly, so around 3 bucks.
>>
>not using both length and quality as factors for purchasing
rmyt
>>
>>383029064
>2 hrs content
>3 bux
Oy vey.
>>
oh boy, let's make a game that takes 2 minutes to play and sell it to an audience that is known for having a short attention span and quickly losing interest in games after beating them! what could go wrong?!?

Maybe afterwords we could make games based off newly releasing movies, cause those movies will sell well, the games will too just by having the same name right?
>>
Only games I've beaten under 2h have been arcade games. And if you're going to not touch it after beating it once I dont know why did you buy it in the first place.
>>
>>383028172
And they'll get called out on it in the reviews and the game will get an overwhelmingly negative status. I'm sure devs would love to go that route.
>>
>>383029064
>3 bucks

Or hey, 99 cents, like Portal was this sale.
>>
>>383021230
>dev makes the achievement for beating the game automatically unlock as soon as you start it

whoa
>>
>>383020804
You can only do this a limited number of times before Valve starts getting pissed.
>>
>>383020804
If you can be done with a game in under two hours then it has no real place on Steam.
Even if the game itself is under two hours it should have replay value.

I am tired of all the damn scam games. Refunds are good. Deal with it. Find other platforms for your < 2 hour "experiences" if it bothers you so.
>>
>>383021095
This

If devs cant make a short game where the either the story isnt good enough that makes you want to keep it for the experience again in the future or if their gameplay is not fun enough so that it makes you keep coming back to it than a refund is justified since the game like that isnt worth your time.
>>
>>383032037
So let them get pissed. As a consumer you have the right to return a product for whatever reason. If you meet their <2 hour / 2 weeks guidelines then you are within your rights to get a refund.
>>
>>383032823
Valve will start rejecting you if you refund too often. They have a monopoly so why should they give a shit?
>>
>>383020804
Ban evasion and spamming are a violation of the rules of 4chan, please read them before posting.
>>>/global/rules/9
>>>/global/rules/10
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/kVI7OMhgb5-8Q74MjkVpXg/
>>
>>383020804
Don't want people to refund your game?

>make your game difficult to beat
>make your game artificially long with cutscenes
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.