[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this so much better than the base game? TBQH, it feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Wolfenstein_The_Old_Blood_cover.jpg (76KB, 420x474px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfenstein_The_Old_Blood_cover.jpg
76KB, 420x474px
Why was this so much better than the base game?
TBQH, it feels a lot like Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>>
File: Helga.jpg (30KB, 406x436px)
Helga.jpg
30KB, 406x436px
Did anyone notice that she is literally Helga von Bulow from RTCW?
>>
>>383016981
Occult stuff. New order was mediocre. The old blood was waayyy better.
>>
>>383016981
You didn't have to stop at the resistance base after every mission for fetch quests.
>>
>>383016981
>it feels a lot like Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

You just answered your question. Besides that obnoxious stealth segment at the very beginning, it's a proper straightforward FPS where you aren't constantly hammered with cutscenes or scripted segments that might as well be cutscenes.
>>
>>383018715
After playing the new DOOM I don't think I can go back to the med kits on the ground way of doing thins . The pacing on new Order even outside of cut scenes was terrible on higher difficulties. No real rhythm
>>
>>383016981
It's literally a remake of the first episode of RTCW
>>
>>383016981
It has the classic wolfenstein mix of actual occult stuff and nazi super science instead of jew super science with nazi super science.
>>
ancient european castles are really fucking comfy
>>
File: 0000002406.600x338.jpg (252KB, 1490x768px) Image search: [Google]
0000002406.600x338.jpg
252KB, 1490x768px
>>383016981
this, also it didn't have boring fetch quests or big amount of cutscenes
i just wish it had more enemy types
>>
It's like RTCW without the bullet sponges. It's pretty great.
>>
I just want a Frankenstein's army game that plays exactly like the beginning assault on deathshead's castle. Is that so much to ask?
>>
>>383016981
Because no forced bullshit.
>>
Do they fix the ultra-sensitive weapon wheel in this one?
>>
>First FPS to focus on single player in a long time
>features a protagonist that has character and isn't Gruff McShootemup
>/v/ proceeds to complain about too many cutscenes and too much story

Fuck each and every one of you. Go back to Call of Duty if you want a mindless shooter
>>
>>383024761
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>383016981
So much better encounter and level design. No focus on story whatsoever
>>383017842
Aesthetics is never a "make it or break it" element in a game you dumb pleb
>>
>>383024761
The cutscenes are what's mindless you dolt

And the old blood, with its lack of cutscenes, has more characterization of BJ through narration than all of TNO cutscenes combined
>>
>>383024761
>features a protagonist that has character and isn't Gruff McShootemup
Come again?
>>
>>383024761
BJ is very much Gruff McShootemup. Him somberly narrating like a warrior poet doesn't change that.
>>
>>383017594
but shes dead in rtcw so no
>>
>>383025460
The cutscenes weren't mindless at all. Honestly, an alternate reality where the Nazis won is ripe for this kind of story telling. But nope, too many cutscenes because I just want to shoot shit up like Doom.
>>
>>383026295
No, it's not worthwhile storytelling, and no fps has good cutscene storytelling anyway. It's not possible for the formula

Yes, shooting shit up like doom is a more mentally stimulating task than watching mediocre cutscenes. Environments and voice overs do much better for storytelling than cutscenes which is why TOB is superior than TNO on a story front as well as a gameplay front
>>
>>383017594
What the fuck is wrong with her forearms? They look like the bone is broken
>>
>>383026478
That's bullshit and you know it. If it were that cut and dry, The New Order wouldn't have gotten a sequel to begin with. Honestly, I must have been the only one who enjoyed the cutscenes because it felt like the single player campaign wasn't just an afterthought designed to get people to play the multiplayer.
>>
>>383026708
The old blood has more thought put into the sine player campaign than TNO does, because it has better level design, better boss fights, and more gameplay focused bonus elements
>>
>>383026920
the end boss of the old blood was fucking horrendous
>>
>>383026920
>better boss fights
>slightly stronger übersoldat and the shitfest that was the final boss
>better
I don't want to imagine what the fuck was in TNO if it was worse than this
>>
File: 1480270556045.jpg (25KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1480270556045.jpg
25KB, 411x412px
>>383027753
The final boss in TNO is a genuine debacle, it's a giant bulletsponge mech that hitscans you to death if you step an inch out of cover, and to make things worse the environment gets set on fire
>>
>>383027753
I think TNO bosses were
A big robot, not that bad
London Monitor, shoot the glowy part, the boss, can barely hurt you
Strauss in his mech, annoying at first but he goes down like a sack of shit when you know what to do
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.