[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hiro said that we are allowed to have a metathread per board,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: ban nintendo.png (178KB, 1279x465px) Image search: [Google]
ban nintendo.png
178KB, 1279x465px
Hiro said that we are allowed to have a metathread per board, so don't go deleting this, mods.

/v/ is supposed to be a board for videogames enthusiasts and hardcore gamers, and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple threads about Nintendo, a company infamous in the sector for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and occasional gamers.

Now, I don't see any threads on /tv/ about series like Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy, despite both being some of the most popular TV series airing, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not watch those programs clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the film enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like 4chan is.

On the other hand, Nintendo threads plague /v/ constantly, and are some of the worst threads on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average Nintendo fan, which is not and could ever not be a videogames enthusiasts, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore gamers that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on /v/. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general console warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the board.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of /v/, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to Nintendo, be it games, consoles or IPs. I'm sure that the quality of the board would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that Nintendo fans are not welcome on /v/, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

Feel free to discuss how long the ban should be, I advocate a 3 days ban for first offenders and then a permanent ban for repeat offenders.
>>
>>383016195
This i hate waifu fag threads made by nintenkids
>>
>>383016195
>my shitposting is a "metathread" so please don't delete it
anon pls
>>
Pearl or Marina? Which is the best idol?
>>
File: c88.png (1MB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
c88.png
1MB, 1280x716px
>>383016195
Neat. New pasta. Saved.
>>
Sonybros now need to censor the opposition just so they can keep living in denial
>>
Should be tried at least.
>>
>>383016859
Tbh i advocate banning all consoles from /v/. It should be a PC only board.
>>
>>383016319
You don't have any rebuttal to my points other than "it's shitposting"? Adult people usually realize that just because one expresses an opinion they don't agree with, that doesn't mean that they are just doing it on purpose to piss them off, but I guess that acting like an adult is asking too much of a Nintendo fan.
>>383016708
Classical example of Nintendo fan being a console warrior.
>>
>>383016195

We seriously do need a nintenbro quarantine board, it is getting out of hand.
>>
>>383016195
>Now, I don't see any threads on /tv/ about series like Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy, despite both being some of the most popular TV series airing, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not watch those programs clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the film enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like 4chan is.
No but they have fucking Doctor Who threads. A show that doesn't belong on 4chan at all not just /tv/.
>>
>>383017015
And what you do isn't console warrioring?

This is a genuine question because I think, banning talking about an entire company is in fact not only censorship but also taking a stance in said retarded console war
>>
File: masterthe.png (215KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
masterthe.png
215KB, 500x368px
>>383017252
DELETE THIS
>>
>>383017252
Doctor Who is a niche series with a cult following, it suits 4chan to a T. Just because you personally don't like it or its fanbase doesn't invalidate its worth as a film/TV enthusiast series.

>>383017287
It isn't "console warrioring" because Nintendo has objectively no place being here. Do you see people discussing Despacito on /mu/? Because Nintendo is the video games equivalent of bad radio music, only less commercially successful.
>>
Hiro said that we are allowed to have a metathread per board, so don't go deleting this, mods.

/a/ is supposed to be a board for anime enthusiasts and hardcore otakus, and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple threads about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, a show infamous in the sector for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and occasional watchers.

Now, I don't see any threads on /tv/ about series like Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy, despite both being some of the most popular TV series airing, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not watch those programs clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the film enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like 4chan is.

On the other hand, JoJo threads plague /a/ constantly, and are some of the worst threads on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average JoJo fan, which is not and could ever not be a videogames enthusiasts, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore otaku that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on /a/. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general studio warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the board.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of /a/, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to JoJo, be it anime, manga or Light Novels. I'm sure that the quality of the board would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that JoJo fans are not welcome on /a/, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

Feel free to discuss how long the ban should be, I advocate a 3 days ban for first offenders and then a permanent ban for repeat offenders.
>>
>>383017660
Yeah, i see your argument, but by that logic, all "mainstream" games should be banned from /v/, and be made like /mu/ where they only talk about the most obscure stuff.
Because by the end of the day, the games and such that are produced by anyone else is also to be considered garbage, because let's face it, they all follow the same design of "mainstream" games anyway: to make as much cash as possible
>>
>>383017660
>Doctor Who is a niche series with a cult following, it suits 4chan to a T.
Maybe in your third world shithole (probably Canada lmao). Doctor Who is normie kids show tier in bongistan and tumblr tier in the USA.
>>
>>383018218
"Mainstream" games are merely games that managed to garner large followings by virtue of being exceptionally good, Nintendo on the other hand purposefully crafts its own games to cater to the lowest denominator and panders to non-gamers.
>>383018270
I don't recall 4chan being a British website with a mostly British userbase, and the American ratings (i.e. the ratings that matter) for Doctor Who are really low.
>>
>>383017997
There's still "videogame enthusiasts" in it. Try again.
>>
>>383018739
>I don't recall 4chan being a British website with a mostly British userbase,
No, it's a Japanese site with a multicultural userbase. Also the Doctor Who threads on /tv/ are literally all Britbongs and a few American tumblr rejects.
>>
File: hehehehe.jpg (84KB, 506x278px) Image search: [Google]
hehehehe.jpg
84KB, 506x278px
>>383016195
>/v/ is supposed to be a board for videogames and hardcore gamers

>enthusiasts and hardcore gamers
>>

/tv/ is supposed to be a board for TV enthusiasts and cinephiles, and yet at any given time it is possible to see multiple threads about GoT, a show infamous in the sector for being the one that most widely caters to the taste of casual and occasional watchers.

Now, I don't see any threads on /v/ about games like Candy Crush or Clash Royale, despite both being some of the most popular vieogames on the market, and that's because the userbase is mature enough to either not play these games clearly aimed at a completely different audience than the video games enthusiasts who browse it, or to realize that discussing them is out of place in a site dedicated to enthusiasts of particular interests like 4chan is.

On the other hand, GoT threads plague /tv/ constantly, and are some of the worst threads on the board in the matter of quality of posts. This, of course reflects the immature and non-internet-savy nature of the average GoT fan, which is not and could ever not be a film enthusiasts, so these threads pose an actual nuisance to the actual hardcore cinephiles that wished to discuss their hobby with likeminded individuals on /tv/. They are also known falseflagggers, shitposters and general channel warriors, further decreasing the quality of content on the board.

My proposal to solve this issue, which is arguably one of the root causes for the current state of /tv/, is to ban any user that mentions anything related to GoT, be it series, book or tax policies. I'm sure that the quality of the board would increase tremendously, as the moderation makes clear that GoT fans are not welcome on /tv/, driving them away from the userbase in a permanent manner, thus removing the main source of bad content on the board.

>>
>>383018739
I don't see how a game like for example breath of the wild is targeted at "non-gamers". If you argue from a difficulty perspective, which I think you do, the game can be quite hard. Or take other not so casual games from Nintendo. I don't know any since I don't play them that much, but the older ones were quite hard desu.

And also, would you consider things like Fifa or Madden or cod to be marketed your so called gamers then?
>>
>>383019032
And? Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it does not belong here
>>383019308
I don't see Fifa or Madden or cod having multiple threads on the frontpage 24/7, so there is no need to ban them
>>
DON'T GET COOKED!

STAY OFF THE HOOK!
>>
>>383019440
>nd? Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it does not belong here
Same argument applies to you, anon. Nintendo is only successful in Japan. :^)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.