[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /v/ hate open world games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1475389539634.jpg (160KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475389539634.jpg
160KB, 1920x1080px
Why does /v/ hate open world games?
>>
>D-direct your own experience!
>AKA we don't know how to make an enjoyable experience so we're just going to chock the game full of quests so you can say it has lots of KAHNTENT
>>
>>383006935
/v/ hates linear and open world games
>>
>>383006935
They have no control over the direction of their own lives. What makes you think they will want to play a game that asks them to control the direction of the player character's?
>>
>>383006935
because they all pretend to be sandbox while it's not the case and thats just an excuse for lazy design.
>>
>>383006935
Open world doesnt mean you have vast landscapes but a world where you can do what you want. Which they often misunderstood.
And put it full of generic and repetive quest isnt helpfull neither.
>>
>>383006935
Because it has never played Gothic, Morrowind or Stalker Call of Pripyat
>>
>>383006935
I do?
>>
>>383006935
Because they are not open world in the first place.
It's just a big map for a game that was clearly intended to be linear but filled with pointless collectibles and map markers.
There is not a single good open world game so far, no, not even BotW, as much as great this game is.
>>
Usually poor to non-existent level design. Usually poorly done narrative because it's tied to a world that either gets crafted completely around that narrative or is at odds with each other; the jeep ride in MGSV:TPP is a perfect example of this.
>>
>>383006935
Is Dynasty Warriors going to be open world or something?
>>
>>383010362
Yes
>>
>>383007254
/v/ hates games in general actually
>>
>>383006935

>I like my games devoid of any rememberable experiences and filled to the brim with repetive quest and objectives
>>
>>383006935
Large amounts of non-compelling filler content. People that play a lot of games will have a backlog, and value quality of time spent over time per dollar spent.
>>
>>383009180
You really think that people on /v/ didn't play these games, Iam a newfag and I played all 3 of those games, and while enjoyable, they were by no means as perfect people make it up, but I can see how they influenced the gsming industry at their respective times.
>>
File: Man_Chong.jpg (238KB, 600x844px) Image search: [Google]
Man_Chong.jpg
238KB, 600x844px
>>383006935

>DW9 going open world China
>Adding Cheng Pu and Man Chong
>Swimming and scaling walls confirmed

Getting actually excited for this game now.
>>
>>383006935
900 gold pieces of shit that scatter across the world
>>
cause it's always lifeless

they make the world huge and then fill it with a dozen repeeatedly copied automatically spawning NPCs who are only there to fill the gigantic empty world and serve no other purpose

all of this effort is put into modelling shit for the open world and none of it goes into writing or gameplay to actually make the world engaging
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.