[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wipeout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

What is the best Wipeout game in the series?
>>
>>383002912
Fury
>>
>>383002978
this
>>
>>383002912
HD, but also Fury as >>383002978 said
>>
>>383003271
>>383003069
>>383002978
what do you guys think of ballistic ng?
>>
>>383002912
>>383002978
>>383003069
>>383003271
u havent heard about the omega collection right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8E5KEd5CU

HD+FURY+2098
>>
I ony played the ps1 generation of wipeout, but it seems the game imrpvoed and tagged along nicely for once.

Unlike CTR :(
>>
>>383004789
nigga, OP's pic is from the omega collection.
>>
File: 1385291007892.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1385291007892.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>383002978
>that menu theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqYWbcoxI4Q
>>
>>383002912
Does anyone else think the Wipeout Fusion on PS2 is almost completely unplayable.
>Physics seem off
>Too many vehicles on track
>Constantly being attacked
>If you're in a clump of opponents you'll most likely lose half your health
How do you even win anything in Fusion?
>>
I've never played Wipeout, but I'm thinking of picking up Omega collection on PS4

It just looks a little slow compared to like Redout, is it fun / worth $40? I love kart racers like MK, but I've never really played any antigrav racers before
>>
>>383007416
You're getting a lot of bang for your buck for $40. The controls take a while to get used to but there are plenty of different ships so there should be at least one that fits your taste.
>>
is there really no way to change the menu background in omega collection? pure bright white isn't exactly the most friendly to the eyes

>>383007416
it's a fun game, of course when doing campaigns it starts out incredibly slow but that's just to ease you into the game and adjust to mechanics
it's also pretty much 3 games in one, the fury DLC in the pack may as well just be counted as a seperate game with what it adds
>>
>>383007416
keep in mind the three games are separate. in other words you can't play modes that were in one game on tracks from a game that didn't have that mode.
>>
>>383006283
Pick EG-X or Xios, spam weapons. Xios' Energy Drain special weapon is Grade S BS.
The Piranhas are impossibly fast on some circuits, but 3rd + a few eliminations gives more points than 1st + zero kills.
>>
>>383002978
Fury isn't a game, it's DLC. It's also worse than the HD base game.
>>
>>383007416
Wipeout is great, and has a fair amount in common with kart racers.

The Omega Collection is terrible though, they destroyed the visuals and especially the sounds of the games, and the new OST is fucking awful. Get Wipeout HD for PS3 instead if you can.
>>
>>383010381
what you don't like having to do detonator and zone battle 50% of the time?
how can anyone not like such fun new modes that totally aren't just complete gimmicks? you must be insane
>>
Is Omega Collection worth it if I've already played Pure and Pulse on PSP? I don't care about online multiplayer, and I hated the 2048 demo when I played it.
>>
>>383002912
>What is the best Wipeout game in the series?
Probably Pulse. It has the benefit of having its own unique set of tracks that are specifically designed to work with the game's handling, and to be enjoyable to play in reverse. HD falls down in both of these areas - all of the tracks from Pure that are in HD feel bad to race on due to them being designed for an extremely different handling model. The Pure tracks are also terrible in reverse, as Pure never had a reverse mode and so those tracks weren't designed for it.
>>
>>383010564
Wipeout HD + Fury are just content from Pure and Pulse, and it doesn't have a lot of tracks (8 in the base game, 4 in Fury). It also feels bad to play the Pure tracks because the handing is so different in HD.
>>
>>383010978
Doesn't sound great then. I'll just stick with Pure and Pulse then - I actually prefer having two different handling models, depending on how I feel like playing.
>>
How do I win at Zone Battle? Every other game mode I can win on elite, but Zone Battle is just impossible. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>383011358
I'm not sure if it's obvious, but don't boost until the meter is mostly full. It grows exponentially.
>>
>>383011438
Yeah, I do that, but the computer still always win well before I get near the target.
>>
SO I have never played a wipeout before, just wondering if this collection contains them all?
>>
>>383011534
The Omega collection contains Wipeout HD and its DLC Fury, along with Wipeout 2048.
>>
>>383011651
>DLC Fury

Interesting. Is it worth it?
>>
>>383011771
Just in terms of content there's a great amount of value, and the original games are fantastic.
I don't have the collection though, so I can't say how good the port is.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.