[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.wowprogress.com/ Only one guild killed 8/9 bosses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

https://www.wowprogress.com/
Only one guild killed 8/9 bosses
>>
>>382997563
Yeah, ToS is a really good raid. All WoW does good any more is hardcore raiding.
>>
>>382997563
It's been out just over a week. I'd be surprised if it was cleared in under two weeks
>>
>>382997956
>Yeah, ToS is a really good raid
Then why almost no one even trying
>>
File: dense mother fucker.jpg (137KB, 852x756px) Image search: [Google]
dense mother fucker.jpg
137KB, 852x756px
>>382999986
>>
Is there another tier this expac after ToS? I keep thinking about resubbing.
>>
>>383000536
https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/patch-73-argus?amp
>>
>>382997563
Why are so much more Horde guilds in the Top 20? I thought that every difference between the factions is basically zero nowadays.
>>
>>382999986
Ded game.
No one around cares anymore..
>>
>>383000750
Alliance = casual players / pvpfags
Horde = Neckbeards / hardcore fags
>>
>>383000750
>Boring Human
>Midget
>Fat Midget
>Night Elf (only good option)
>Badly Modeled Furry
>Middle-Eastern Blue Goat

Gee I wonder why

It's actually because alliance lore and zones are boring as fuck with the only exception being SW. Also fuck pandas.
>>
>>383000590
Oh neat.
>>
>>382999986
what do you mean, there are 24 guilds at 7/9 not including the chinese
>>
>>383001090
>not including the chinese
But it includes chinks
>>
>>383000750
People roll Horde because of the PvE oriented Racials.
>>
>>383001147
no it doesn't, there's 2 korean guilds but wowprogress doesn't track chinese guilds and afaik there are at least two of those at 7/9
>>
>>383001189
Ah ok. Like I said I thought the Racials are more or less cosmetic or "fun" abbilites at this point.
>>
>>382997563
Cute
>Onyxia Classic: 69 days
>Ragnaros Classic: 154 days
>Nefarian Classic: 77 days
>C'thun: 133 days
>Kel'Thuzad: 90 days
>Lady Vashj: 73 days
>Kael'Thas: 130 days (only defeaded after new content).
I could continue...
>>
>>383001514
because people sucked ass back then, your average mythic raider now is better than anyone in those guilds
>>
File: 1496075822396.jpg (38KB, 316x331px) Image search: [Google]
1496075822396.jpg
38KB, 316x331px
>>383001657
>WoW is a hard game and takes 10 years to master
>>
>>383000750

Horde still has racial passives that make them do slightly more DPS
>>
>>383001657
This is why Kungen got back to WoW to Legion and was top prot war in 2 weeks?
Average ""mythic"" is nothing.
>>
>>383001657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9kTpmAvcPs&t=3s

Learn from someone that actually played back then and now at the top, newfag.
>>
>>383001809
WoW WAS a mechanically challening game simply because it was very new and nobody knew how to fully utilize their characters like they do today.

Compare the mechanics of Ragnaros to the mechanics of Fallen Avatar mythic.
>>
>>383001962
every time that kungen revives nihilum it's a shitshow that doesn't achieve anything

>>383002005
he has no place to speak on modern wow since he hasn't achieved anything since TBC
>>
>>383002021
Not him, but what screw raiding was dungeon journal.
>stay here, don't do this, pop your defensive cd now and you win!
It's ridiculous.
>>
>>383002021
Only reason everyone clears bosses so easily is most top raiders have been playing the game for years. The game wasn't challenging, never has been.
>>
>>383002395
It's because everyone has access to such powerful tools now.

Back in vanilla you didn't have these huge "crutch" addons like WeakAuras or Exorsus' raid tools, and I'm certain that if Vanilla players had access to things that devolved fights into doing your rotation and letting an addon decide where to go, the ONLY thing that could've stopped progression is pure number bloat.

Which ACTUALLY is what happened in Naxx.
>>
>>383002005
>i have eceleb status and got carried to rank 1 warr

nice video. kungen is a has been that couldn't compete with method
>>
>>382997563
Supposedly they class stacked to do it.

Most of these bosses only have 1 or 2 mechanics you have to care about.

It's amazing how many guilds are completely retarded and won't clear past 3/9 til the content is nerfed.
>>
>>383001514
actually continue
>>
>>383002516
It's mostly because the game has been dumbed down to a level where monkeys could effectively play it.

Oh and the rampart cheating in both pve and pvp with honorbuddy doing the perfect rotation for you while you just need to move your character.
>>
>>382999986
Well the game is dead and suvks now
>>
>>383001514
>stringing together FOURTY decent players vs twenty is a fair comparison

fuck outta here vanillababby
>>
>>382999986
because im too lazy to do shit when i wipe 5 times before a win
literally the only reason i do LFR, didint even touch H nighthold until the day before ToS
>>
>>383002727
Mythic raiding HASN'T been dumbed down, it's the players that have been.

EVERY raidboss is on tier with a Naxx boss because you have addons that'll explain to you almost exactly what you need to be doing, except Naxx bosses without number bloat are actually retarded easy loot pinatas.

And if you honestly think there is "cheating" in PvE with honorbuddy you're fucking retarded.
>>
File: ovum regia double king.png (502KB, 529x663px) Image search: [Google]
ovum regia double king.png
502KB, 529x663px
naxranas was fucking trash tho

I watched the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBPHRlgczmk and I can't but think how fucking dreadful and shit it is

>it is the hardest raid ever made
>not because its actually hard with difficult mechanics to learn and challenging bosses
>its hard because it has asinine requirements to enter, makes you waste your life getting equipment and is mathematically bullshit

seriously, there is nothing to praise here
>>
>>383002770
You know those top guilds have way more than 40 decent players these days, right?

If you didn't pre-roll the fotm class, enjoy the bench bitch.
>>
>>383002893
>And if you honestly think there is "cheating" in PvE with honorbuddy you're fucking retarded.

Yeah there is, you just need to read their forums, now tell me, are you being paid to shill your dead game here or you are just a delusional retard?

I mean, you think wow is hard so you probably have an iq of 80 so...
>>
WoW is still better than that shit show FFXIV.
>>
File: rag comparison.png (467KB, 3456x2476px) Image search: [Google]
rag comparison.png
467KB, 3456x2476px
>>383002906
It certainly sounds like old raiding was less mechanically complex and more often asked you to brute-force your way through obscene raid-damage

Is BT being changed much for its rescale? That had a few fights with only one phase and just a few mechanics to look out for
>>
>>383001514
continue please
>>
>>383003143
If you think anyone good is cheating then you're retarded.
>>
>>383003143
There' like one or two DPS specs in the game that don't have procs, ie have an actual rotation.

lol
>>
File: 1498841127281.png (2MB, 963x2105px) Image search: [Google]
1498841127281.png
2MB, 963x2105px
I wonder why no one plays wow anymore...
>>
>>383003246
nah, probably not

it'll be another "everyone suddenly remember how awful this was" like the Molten Core event
>>
>>383003571
Stormblood is a fun expansion but there is fuck all to do at 70.
>>
>>383003571
Like pottery
>>
>>383003571
Because mmos are too time consuming
>>
>>382997563
I don't remember what day of the week raids reset, is this after the first week or during it?
>>
>>383000750
racials and well overtime there's a draining effect
The higher the proportion of horde guilds the more pve boys might migrate to a horde servers
Horder servers are also bigger and better to recruit in as a result
>>
Ugh stop fucking making me want to play WoW again
I can't afford a sub right now
I've got shit to do every day and can't even afford to stay up late

Please stop
>>
>>383002720
>>383003262
Just watch the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33dr0mELL5M
>>
>>383003915
Tuesday. We're currently on week 2 of mythic.
>>
>>383002516
>rotations >in vanilla
>>
File: 1495466083502.jpg (89KB, 700x727px) Image search: [Google]
1495466083502.jpg
89KB, 700x727px
How do mythic players do it? How do you find the patience in yourself to work with 19 other assholes on a video game boss with a thousand different mechanics to it? I can understand working with 19 other assholes in literally anything else or any other genre, but mythic raiding is something I will never be able to understand. Do you just have to have a love for MMOs in general to do something like this?

I don't play anymore, but I used to be a normal/heroic kind of player. I'd beat those and I'd probably let my subscription die shortly after because I'm over it.
>>
I still play and enjoy WoW thanks to RP, and it's what's kept me playing for years now
>>
>>383004361
Anon knows
>you had to count your basic attacks before using specific skills for maximum resource/dps efficiency
No wonder its incredibly dumbed down right now
>>
>>383003571
And yet, FFXIV subs and active players are nowhere near WoW...

That really gets those neurons firing...
>>
>>383004462
>working with assholes
There's your problem right there
>>
File: realthick.jpg (81KB, 522x474px) Image search: [Google]
realthick.jpg
81KB, 522x474px
>>383004560
WoW is pretty good for RP.

If it had better character creation and a reason to visit the old zones more, it probably could make profit from purely roleplayers. It was the only thing I disliked about it, how I had to go to the same spots in Stormwind or Org to RP, narrowed the scope of what you could do majorly. But the real game is in Guild RP, but those are night and day, one can be great whilst another is complete trash.
>>
>>383004665
do they track combined subscriptions on PS4 and PC?

I'd imagine a significant portion of people are playing on console since its more convenient
>>
>>383002770
vashj and kael were 25 man content by then. additionally, get real dude, of course getting 40 good players together was impossible, that's why raids were designed to be completed with max 30 good players
>>
>>382999986
Shit's dead f.a.m
>>
>>383004462
Focus on your own play. Once you get good enough, you can join other good players if your current guild is unsatisfactory.
Play a lot. Like, a lot, especially at first until you're literally gear-walled by weekly lockouts or what your current guild can clear.
Parse it up. Even if you're on farm, you can play hard to get rankings. If you get good rankings, it improves your chance of being accepted to better guilds down the line.
Don't get frustrated or tilted. People make mistakes every pull. Some will be raid wiping. At the higher end, the mistakes are less frequent.

You don't actually have to "work with" any of the players you're playing with. All you need is to do your thing and hope they don't mess up and wipe the raid.

At my level, normal/heroic/lfr (tos) are all boring and feel like zero challenge. Because the mechanics aren't punishing, it's very boring to run.
At my level, only 15+ keys are a reasonable challenge; anything less is boring.

How do I stay motivated to continue though? That's a real question I can't answer.
It's fun to get good, stay good, and push the limit of your class and personal ability.

I think it's actually more fun to play my alt, since I don't have such a high level of mastery of the spec/class that most of my actions are automatic. On my alt, I actually have to think about what to do.
>>
>>383004861
We don't have numbers at all
The only numbers we had were people who finished main quest, and not just finished but used pet they got as reward for it
>>
File: smuglico.png (49KB, 233x213px) Image search: [Google]
smuglico.png
49KB, 233x213px
>>383004665
I fucking hate both MMOs, specially WoW since metzen did nothing but fuck up big time Warcraft's lore, turning it into something worse than a low budget korean soap opera.
Everyone says FF14 has shitloads/millions of subs, when I played back on late 2015/early 2016 many said it had 5+ million active subs. Did my proper research and there were about 6 million created accounts, with less than 1 million active characters
>active characters
God knows how many active subs was that, but the number went down by 500k~ by late february or early march. Funny how the servers kept crashing with such low numbers
Plus, FF14 doesn't have any sort of security, you can attach cheat engine, run macros, and fuck as much as you want, and you can even dupe using a FC bank and kiddie tools like WPE-PRO.
I got myself sightly over 1200 dollars by simply RMTing before my sub ran out.
Truth to be told, I never enjoyed playing FF14 until I made it to the end, where I realized the game itself is a piece of crap to be considered an MMO, only thing I liked was crafting and gathering, but gathering at specific times is such a ridiculous thing, considering the ridiculous number of loading screens. It was awful at first because I was trying to setup a bot properly.
Shame on me for falling for the "it gets better the more you progress!". Fuck this shit I wanted to progress along with somebody, being forced to leave party outside dungeons is a ridiculous """"feature"""".
>>
>>383004560
Often I join RP servers.
Amazing, it feel like the game is alive.
>>
>>383005184
>Stormwind and Silvermoon are always teeming with people socializing in-character
>Never have to see people with garbage names like Huntardlol or Deathlordxx
>People are generally friendlier

I don't know why I ever bothered not being on an RP server before
>>
>>382997563
>check random boss fight video
>it takes 5mins only to kill a boss raid

heh
>>
>>383003571

>>383003637
this, I love stormblood and the story and final boss is 10/10, but mad as fuck for their decision to release content with a dropper
>>
>>383005320
Unfortunately, retards have caught on, and tend to go to those servers for the better communities too. And proceed to shit them up with memes and spamming trade for attention.
>>
>>383004462
mythic raiding is not hard, it's one of the easiest multiplayer experiences in gaming

nowadays there are a dozen addons that tell you exactly what to do and when to do it
>>
>>383007037
I don't even use any of them personally

shit like WeakAuras and DBM makes your screen more cluttered than that fake Chinese SWP UI with the Gears of War guy and Bayonetta on it
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.