[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck is it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: hl3.jpg (59KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hl3.jpg
59KB, 1920x1080px
Where the fuck is it?
>>
inside my asshole
>>
>>382995910

Companies only care about how to monetize skinner boxes now instead of making good games.
>>
Even if it was released, it would never live up to expectations.
>>
>Want to replay Half Life 2
>Only have PS3 version at hand since PC broke
>Want to throw up because of the FPS
all I wanted was to get comfy again
>>
Valve completely lost the momentum on the HL franchise and now they would need to create something absurdly good to live up up to the hype. This can only happen if I) a tech breakthrough happens and valve capitalizes on that launching an iconic title like it happened with HL and somewhat with HL2 or II) valve devs actually create an amazing unprecedented game.

both options are very unlikely.
>>
The gameplay of HL2 is dated as fuck.
Also Physics gameplay is nothing new now.

They can't make a good game out of half life anymore
>>
>>382995910
Hats
>>
File: 1470666088024.png (119KB, 379x600px) Image search: [Google]
1470666088024.png
119KB, 379x600px
>>382996728
VR.
>>
File: Wake Up....png (744KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wake Up....png
744KB, 1920x1080px
>>382995910
All in good time, Mr. Freeman. All in good time...
>>
Where is portal 3?
>>
>>382996782
Can you play HL2 in VR?
I don't think you'd have to change anything at all, and I'd still be all over that.
>>
>>382996920
dunno mate but if they make HL3 it will be build around VR.
>>
>>382995910
Gaben keeps eating the source code
>>
>>382996550
honestly it's pretty surprising there havent been any attempts of a fan made game
>>
>>382996984
I hope that doesn't mean any stupid gimmicks.
One of the things that got me hyped about Ace Combat 7 was that it used VR. I wanted to simply be able to sit in the cockpit and play the game like normal, but apparently it's only used for gimmick levels.
>>
File: 1499270034684.png (248KB, 340x523px) Image search: [Google]
1499270034684.png
248KB, 340x523px
>>382995910
>the people of the resistance had to wait 20 years for Gordon to return
>the people of the internet have, so far, had to wait 10 years for Gordon to return
This is all part of Valve's plan. Their first game since 2012 will be Half-Life 3, released in 2027. Hopefully it will have been worth the wait.
>>
October is pretty much their last chance, because that's gonna be the 10th anniversary of Orange Box and Episode 2. It's gonna come and go without a fucking peep and the few Half-Life fans left who haven't given up hope are gonna go ballistic, and make all the other former HL fans go baliistic. It's gonna be a pretty big shitshow and Valve probably knows it.
>>
>Freemans Mind 2 began and Black Mesa Source got a release date before HL3 was announced

Maybe it really won't happen.
>>
They'd never do it since their business remains profitable and it's only their past history with games that makes players still support them.
If they released half life 3 today I think gaming communities would reevaluate their assessment of half life 2 and 1 and realise that they were fairly mediocre games by most standards. Not to mention they gave birth to cancer like tf2 and garry's mod.
>>
>>382997086
>mod team gets halfway finished with it
>Valve sends a cease-and-desist
>>
>>382996920
Some guys are working on a free VR mod for HL2.

https://www.roadtovr.com/half-life-2-vr-mod-coming-to-oculus-rift-and-htc-vive/

https://youtu.be/m6Tqf1kKstg
>>
>>382997601
>If they released half life 3 today I think gaming communities would reevaluate their assessment of half life 2 and 1 and realise that they were fairly mediocre games by most standards.
what the fuck are you on about

HL2 may not have blown everyone out of the water but HL1 was groundbreaking for its time
>>
>no new half-life
>no new team fortress
> no new portal
>no new left 4 dead
>no new ip's
>no new ricochet
>>
How has no one put it together yet?

the reason HL3 has not been announced is because valve are making the Orange Box 2

making sequels to all their games would take a long fucking time
>>
>>382998030
So true it was an amazing step forward in its day. Hard for young fags to understand if you didn't play games on dos.
>>
>>382998030
Sorry I was just hoping to make people angry.
Truth be told I couldn't play half life 1 when I bought it cause of the nausea.
>>
Because

It's expectations are way too high
Many games in the genre have already improved way more than hl2
Valve has got rid of all the devs for it

Honestly I'd love to see those devs just make a spiritual successor to the game or some other company do it
>>
>>382995910
>10 years later
people still make threads about this every day

JUST
>>
>>382997086
>1997
>2007
>Valve takes player-made mods and turns them into fully-fledged games
>often hire the people that created these mods
>2017
>
>>
>>382998030
HL1 didn't do anything that wasn't already done earlier by games like Quake 2, Unreal, or Turok 2.
>>
>>382998030
The physics stuff in Half-Life 2 blew my fucking dick off.
>>
>>382995910
>Gaben knows the hype can never be lived up to. He doesn't want to ruin this legacy.
>He will 100% die without it ever being released.
>When Gaben's no-longer around to defend it, it'll be rebooted and Gordon Freeman's new suit will allow him to parkour.
>>
>>382997792
They'd likely just buy it. People would still think Valve developed it, despite a five second search proving otherwise.
>>
File: boots.gif (2MB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
boots.gif
2MB, 480x368px
>>383000139
>>
>>382998806
What I don't get is why they don't do a Opposing Force thing. If there is an actual fear that the hype got to big, simply waiting for it to be forgotten isn't the answer. They'd have to come out and say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they aren't developing and aren't planning anything for Half Life 3. They can do what they did with CS and L4D and just hire some studio to develop a spinoff, at least justifying the franchise. Wasn't the last thing they did with Half Life literately just a tech demo?
>>
File: 890.jpg (45KB, 433x341px) Image search: [Google]
890.jpg
45KB, 433x341px
>>382995910
Half Life 3 will be a VR "experience" exclusive to the 2000 people that own a Vive. You'll need a whole room Vive setup with those controllers to even play it.

It will still be so well received people will call Gabe the messiah of gaming.

Old ugly feminist hags will become furious that people are too distracted with a video game instead of them. They'll hear 1 disabled person complain that they can't use the Vive so they'll launch a huge smear campaign against Valve and VR in general because it's prejudiced against disabled gamers, and it's probably sexist in some way too. There will be a huge shitstorm, and by the end Half Life 3's moment in the sun will have passed, and Anita will have called Gabe a fat disgusting piece or shit live on stage, and the crowd will cheer.
>>
>>383001050
Pretty much a tech demo was the last thing.
>>
>we're getting a new installment of Metroid Prime before Half Life 3

3 years ago I would have joked about it
>>
It's coming. It entered the final phase of development where its content/features are LOCKED last year. It's very unusual that it wouldn't have shipped by now - they are clearly just waiting for the right moment at this point.

It very nearly released in 2015, but then after paid mods died they had to take it back and rework a lot that had been built around that concept. And then, seeing how long that delay would be (that it would be releasing after their VR hardware) they finally made the call to add full VR support at launch (previously was going to be left out until some time after launch for PR/sentimentality reasons).

There are similarly delay->feature-creep all the way back to ~2011 when it was still Episode 3.
>>
>>382995910
No game stays in development for 10 years without a single word on its progress.
Espcially considering so many people have left valve lately, you'd think some information about it would've leaked.
It's not even in development is my guess. Either that or it's a VR title so that they can't act like half-life revolutionized FPS's yet again.
>>
File: 1494211208502.jpg (52KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
1494211208502.jpg
52KB, 600x884px
>>382995910
The silent treatment from valve has been a slap in the face. During Hl2 he actually shared shit with us.
>>
>>383005363
The Russians shared more ;^)
>>
Sometimes it is better to let something remain a fond memory instead of just releasing something terrible just because you think you're obligated.
Pic very much related.
>>
>>383005758
I'm pretty sure Gearbox was legally obligated based on their contract with 3D Realms.
>>
Its coming with the vive 2.
>>
>>383005758
DNF is essential fuck-you-I-liked-it-core
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.