[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh boy. Here I go being the greatest video game of all game again!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: gmodisbestmod.png (471KB, 722x708px)
gmodisbestmod.png
471KB, 722x708px
Oh boy. Here I go being the greatest video game of all game again!
>>
I know it's a common buzzword these days but I think you have to literally be autistic to enjoy gmod
>>
>>382992904
care to elaborate?
>>
>>382992952
there's no fucking video game here, you just roleplay and build doors and make stupid stretchy face pictures
>>
>>382992973
I disagree. Theres plenty of non Roleplay game modes that are pretty fun. TTT, JailBreak, Sandbox and Flood all come to mind for being pretty fun on its own.

Also the Roleplay servers are one of the best parts of the game. DarkRP isn't just about roleplaying, infact I find that most people prefer to abuse the rules and mechanics over actually roleplaying.

Combat is pretty standard for a source engine game but the variety of weapons that you can use more then makes up for it.
>>
>>382992904
>>382992973
>there are actual people out there with such a low level of creativity
How sad
>>
>>382993057
I actually try to push the boundaries on what I can do with DarkRP jobs and try to roleplay in character.

Like I play as a cop but call myself a "Russian Spy" or some shit like that and infiltrate crime bases. 9/10 times they don't play alone but those times they do are the best.
>>
>>382992904
TTT is pretty damn fun if you can find a server that isnt full of people anal about the "meta"
>>
>>382994221
I find a lot of the times its the Admins and Mods who ruin the best chances for Roleplay.

One time I was mayor and wanted to build a wall around the inner city. What I wanted was an inner circle of shops and residents heavily protected by a concentrated police force and have the outer city be a law free zone.

There was a single checkpoint in and out of the inner circles where you were aloud to leave with guns but not enter. The idea was to have the inner circle be a safe haven for shop keeps while the outer circle could draw out all the criminals and undersirables in my city.

But alas the admins said no because "prop block" even though by definition of their own rules it wasn't prop block because there was a way in and out
>>
>>382992879
too bad all of the servers are filled to the brim with 10 year-old faggot moderators who ban anyone that so much as looks at them the wrong way.
>>
>>382994487
That's the thing that makes me sad. The way that most servers run under them is that you go hitman/thief or be raided by hitmen/thieves until you decide to disconnect. No fun shit like making the Democratic Nation of North Korea on the beach or pretending to be a lawyer for the criminals. The absolute worst rule is that you can't shoot back at someone mugging you because "fear". The fuck? I got a gun for a reason.
>>
>>382994641
Creating the City State of Hobobia is always fun.

Go to the Maps "River" or "Sewage system" and build a few walls, get a few knifes, Kidnap the Mayor and make him write a law Declaring Hobobia a seperate state with its own laws.

shits fun and doesnt usually break server rules unless an admin is an asshole
>>
HELLO?
>>
>>382995632
hi
>>
File: 1498362197006.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498362197006.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>382992973
>he doesn't have a friend to spend hours upon hours making their own little comfy shared apartment in gm_bigcitynight
>>
>>382995678
delet this
>>
>>382993978
Creativity is autism to /v/.

You're either a consumer whore like them or a retard playing with lego blocks.
>>
>>382995741
>Not using atmos
>>
>>382994401
The worst is shit where admins slay for RDM.

The game has a built in system to punish people who kill randomly, it needs no rules to enforce the gameplay.
>>
>Playing the Thing map on TTT
>yfw nobody. NO-BOD-DY. has seen the movie and understands that planting the explosives around the base is the Innocents objective.
>Shot repeatedly and then get blamed for baiting innocent kills.
>>
>>382995960
MORBUS is better for The Thing map anyway
>>
>>382996057
TTT needs more objective maps in general. just standing around a map till the timer runs out is what made the game too boring for me.
>>
>>382996216
I agree easily, it pisses me off as well when there's some shitty server rule where you can't camp.

Then some faggot admin as T snipes me from the top of a building on 67th way because I was outside
>>
>>382996325
Kinda wish they didn't overcomplicate things with the detective role too.
>>
>>382996907
How do you mean? I fucking wish people knew how to play detective when it's so fucking easy
>>
>play gm_bigcity
>use parkour skill 1.7.5
im freaking spiderman
>>
Alright, I'm gonna post my ideas for a THE THING videogame here, since I don't know where else to share it:

>maps are "pseudo-open world", with many structures spread across a larger landscape, forcing players to decide whether they wanna take a hike through the snow to get somewhere else
>if you find fuel, you can get snow mobiles running, a great mode of transportation for the human team, but also a potential for more spread of infected
>if you want to know a players name, you will have to aim your cross-hair at them ; however: the name is not gonna appear immediately as you will have to look at them for a certain while until the names has "loaded" (think Metroid Prime scanner) ; the further a target is away, the longer the "scan" takes
>volume of the in-game microphone depends on how close you are to a player, you can clearly hear people who are in a room with you, but you can't hear them when you're looking at them across a large field of snow
>when players speak, you can see their radio on their chest blinking, you can even see this if they're too far away for you to hear them
>only way of communicating across the entire map is using stationary radio stations
>these radio stations do not only send the audio from the player's mic, but also their in-game sound; so you can hear someone get slaughtered over a radio station even if they don't speak
>at the beginning of each round, all players are spawned on random locations of the map ; sometimes you'll have a whole team ready, sometimes you'll stagger around alone before you meet someone
>if you're infected, you can transform into a thing creature at will
>thing creatures have are very efficient in combat, transformation however takes a while and leaves you vulnerable to weapons
>When you kill someone, they corpse will remain on the ground for a certain ammount of time until that player respawns as a infected
>human can burn corpses to prevent them from returning as things
>>
>>382997914
>as a thing, you can choose to stay at a corpse and "corrupt" if further, decreasing the time it takes for the corpse to respawn as an infected
>you can return into a infected even if you've been a thing already, but you'll need to cocoon yourself and the time it takes to come back as infected depends on how long you've been in thing form
>evidence does not despawn ; even if a corpse resurrects as a infected, the blood stains on the ground remain ; empty cocoons shells remain ; foot prints in the snow remain (not when it's snowing heavily) ; destroyed radio stations remain
>human players can win the game by killing all infected / things, but they won't be notified when that happens
>instead they have to leave the map using a helicopter ; if they successfully killed all infected prior to getting on the helicopter, they win the game
>if they didn't kill all infected and an infected goes on the helicopter, the things win the round
>if all humans die or become infected, the things win
>if everyone dies, the human team wins, because they still saved humanity from the thing
>locations on the map include locations such as research stations, harbors, storage buildings, caves, underground tunnels, UFOS...
>human players do have weapons, but they are very weak
>only flame throwers are incredibly effective, but you gotta assemble them first and find fuel (which spawns randomly in one of the locations on the map)
>think Alien Isolation
>you can order blood-tests, but it wastes flamethrower fuel because you need to heat up the wire
>also players can just refuse to participate in a blood test

I think I'm done.
>>
>>382996978
That's part of the problem actually. Before, it was a joint effort between the innocent players or somebody steps up to head the investigation. With the detective class, it's all put on a random percentage and the other innocents are expected to sit around and get stabbed.
>>
File: 1484014040598.jpg (40KB, 217x240px) Image search: [Google]
1484014040598.jpg
40KB, 217x240px
>>382998318
Nice
>>
>>382999724
Thanks, buddy.
>>
>there are people on /v/ who unironically think gmod is a good game
>>
File: 1469808792302.jpg (80KB, 640x521px) Image search: [Google]
1469808792302.jpg
80KB, 640x521px
>>382992879
>>
>>382997914
Fund it
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.