[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion Modding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 2070207-stoprightthere.jpg (96KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
2070207-stoprightthere.jpg
96KB, 800x640px
What do you guys use to mod Oblivion? I tried using NMM, but it tends to crash when I enable certain mods. I also tried using OMM, but making omods takes a long ass time. Am I doing something wrong, or is there better software out there?

I'm using MO for Skyrim, so I'm not sure if that be used for Oblivion too.
>>
Oblivion Mod Manager has been easy as shit for me. I don't have a thousand mods installed though so I don't know if that makes a difference.
>>
>>382985048
nothing, simply can't be arsed to download the mods from Nexus with the terrible speeds.
>>
Manual installation, the classic way.

Drag and drop works fine, use something later to edit your load order.
>>
>>382986462
>wanting unidentified crashes
r u for real?

modding without a mod orginizer software may as well be suicide for your game.
>>
>>382985048
Use Wrye Bash, OMM, and BOSS. Yes, all three because Oblivion is such a needy piece of shit. MO seems to be based off WB from what I've seen. Boss will help you sort like LOOT does for Skyrim and omm for installing specific mods that demand it.
>>
>>382987036
t. retard who doesn't know what causes crashes
>>
>>382987265
>but I'm smart enough to know compatablilty in a game that has literal spagheti code
OR
>I'm willing to spend about 50 times as long modding by testing each individual install
AND
>if I uninstall this mod that overlaps base files or another mod, I want my game to start becoming a buggy shitmess

There's legitimately no reason not to use a mod manager.

But I'm being baited, there's legitimately no way you can be as retarded as your posts.
>>
>>382985048
OBSE
OBMM
Wrye Bash
BOSS

SM Plugin Refurbish
Alternate Start
Cobl
OOO
OOO Shivering Isles
OOO Creature Addons
UOP
UOP Shivering Isles
UOP DLC
DarkUI Darn
Enhanced Economy
Oblivion Stutter Remover
Natural Environments
>>
>>382986462
Nigga, I've been dragging and dropping the old fashioned way since Morrowind with no problems. git gud
>>
>>382987701
Sorry, meant for
>>382987036
this nigga
>>
>>382987265
In my experience, there's a lot of mods out there where a modder will change something without saying they did. For example, you might think that a mod that adds a bunch of hats wouldn't conflict with a mod that adds a bunch of jewelry, but if the first mod has "circlet" versions of the hats so you can make it clip with hair and the second mod considers circlets to be jewelry, they could both be using the same reference and conflict. Then you're walking around and enter a cell with some NPC that's equipped with one of the conflicted items and the games shits itself trying to figure out what to do. Mod organizers are an easy way to prevent or identify that.
>>
>>382987701
Morrowind is easy shit since the mods are still simple
The hardest install I did I think was the sex mod
>>
What are the must have mods to make skyrim challenging? Like
>new enemy mods
>mods that make smithing/alchemy/ enchanting less broken
>mods that make sneak attacks less overpowered and sneaking more realistic
>mods that remove leveled items and enemies
>>
>>382988270
morrowloot for the leveled items
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.