[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wonder what's SEGAs longterm goal for Sonic now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: originalthecharacter-853x375.png (401KB, 853x375px) Image search: [Google]
originalthecharacter-853x375.png
401KB, 853x375px
Let's just assume Forces and Mania sell very well. I have heard that Forces is supposed to be a reboot of sorts. Like how Sonic 06 was supposed to be but failed. So is Forces supposed to be the start of a new adventure where future games will be sequels to, rather than a stand alone adventure like most modern Sonic games? Is this OC character going to be a thing for future modern Sonic games if that is so? And how the revelation of classic Sonic being from another dimension going to effect the Series? Is Forces considered a AAA game?

Do kids still play Sonic games?
>>
>>382983971
how the fuck do the glasses stay on that OC's face?

Fucking hell that looks awful
>>
File: Beautifulhatandsunglasses.png (697KB, 768x574px) Image search: [Google]
Beautifulhatandsunglasses.png
697KB, 768x574px
I think the "cannon" so to speak is in a constant state a flux and the writers just do whatever with the last game having little baring.

I'd say kids still play Sonic. As much as some people shit on it Sonic Boom is around and is aimed at kids. OC's are still getting churned out everyday
>>
>>382984189
>That pic

Great movie. Watched that dozens of times when I was younger on the vcr. I only wish there were more.
>>
>>382984306
Whole thing is on youtube my man
>>
>>382984189
>I think the "cannon" so to speak is in a constant state a flux and the writers just do whatever with the last game having little baring.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is maybe that will change, starting with Forces.
>>
I want Mania to make SEGA realize Sonic Team is absolute shit as a dev now and they shouldn't make Sonic games anymore.
>>
>>382985434
That's stupid. Allow them to coexist. If Sonic Teams game sells well that means the Mania team would see some of that return.

Honestly I hope that Sega keeps more of the key team members of the Mania team around.
>>
File: 1469693162238.gif (222KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469693162238.gif
222KB, 200x200px
They're gonna do one 3D title and one 2D title every year or so now most likely.
Keeps most of the fanbase happy and hopefully brings in equal amounts of income. Can't wait to play Mania finally and see and hear all the things they haven't shown yet.
>>
>>382986149
I don't feel like you can churn out something like Mania every year. I'd like to see the enhanced version of Sonic 1 & 2 make it off of phones
>>
>>382986221
I bet the Sonic 1 and 2 remakes are gonna make it to Steam and consoles after Mania's release.
>>
>>382984394
Ah I meant more as in more movies.
>>
>>382986289
Hopefully with an improved Sonic 3&k
>>
>>382985996

yeah but they sell well and get reviewed terribly.

over time sonic isnt as popular, this has already happened, so basically sonic teams games sell well because sonic is still a beloved character and people will buy anything with him in it BUT will only get burned so many times.

Mania looks like its going to be great and honestly if SEGA is smart they will get a new team to make good sonic games so that the character isnt known for mostly shit games, which is basically the case now and its starting to get in the consciousness of normies who have been disappointed by one or two of the newer sonic games they bought thinking it'd be like mario where they cant go wrong.
>>
>>382986492
We all hope. Sonic 3 Complete is good enough for now though.
>>
>>382986514
I don't man. I don't think normies factor much into the sales of Sonic games. It's mostly turbos nerds and kids
>>
>>382983971
No chance the OC isn't going to be a main feature going forward. You can't close that box after you open it.
>>
What if Mania fail? What happens then?
>>
>>382987307
>Implying Mania would fail
>>
>>382987307
We take solace in the fact that we got at least 1 sonic game that truly goes back to the roots
>>
>>382987307
You will never see Classic Sonic again. Mania failing would prove the Classic Sonic fanbase is nothing but a vocal minority that's not worth paying attention to.
>>
>>382984189
There is no consistant canon
>>
>>382983971
Sonic Forces is bad
>>
>>382988874
Explain
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.