[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should the Xbox even still be placed alongside consoles like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

Should the Xbox even still be placed alongside consoles like the Switch and PS4. Is it appropriate to think of it as a traditional console now?

I mean, every game being released for it will be a multiplat of some sort. It'll either be on another console or on the PC as a "Windows exclusive". Unlike other consoles, there is no unique experience the Xbox provides you. Rather, the Xbox is almost like a stripped-down, locked-down PC in that you can play the same games on it that you can your PC but it has a more limited selection of games, fixed specs, paid online, etc.

Should the Xbox, therefore, be taken out of console comparison discussions and thought of more as an extension of the Windows PC gaming brand? It essentially seems more like an alternative way to play PC games - if you don't want to build a PC or don't want to/can't use your PC with your TV and want that - than an independent console.

Should we have the Switch and PS4 in one category as consoles, the Xbox and Steam machine in another category as fixed gaming PCs for the living room, and then the gaming PC?
>>
>>382981828
It's more that it's one of those things that's biding its time.. Waiting for a failure in the other two for it to leap on then ruin the gaming industry the way Microsoft ruined the PC industry from 94 - 2005.
>>
File: exbox.png (1MB, 1301x846px) Image search: [Google]
exbox.png
1MB, 1301x846px
Consoles usually have games so you're right maybe it shouldn't be placed along side current consoles and should be looked at differently. It's basically a media top box for TV services that just happens to play a small selection of AAA multiplat third party games
>>
>>382984329

3 consoles 1 cuphead
>>
>>382984595
But Cuphead is on PC too.
>>
>>382981828

Some people prefer a different experience than others. Gaming isn't JUST about exclusives, but what few exclusives it does have (Forza for conefags like myself) are decent enough. I like it more for the interface and functionality.
>>
cuz some people prefer consoles but fucking HATE the ps4 controller
>>
>>382984746
I'm not denigrating anyone's choice of experience. I'm merely questioning the appropriateness of classifying the Xbox One as a console given it is basically an extension of the Windows platform rather than its own system. The Switch and PS4 have content only available on those platforms; the Xbox does not (aside from a few titles released in its first couple of years like Halo 5).
>>
>>382984746
You chose a console not based on games but interface that has advertisements and ''functionality'' whatever that means? Strange
>>
>>382984848
Plug an Xbox controller into your PC.
>>
>>382984989

Gaming isn't always a pleasant experience on PC, even if you have a controller. Some shit doesn't run right, and PC is home to a lot of garbage ports.
>>
>>382984950
To be fair it dose have that 4K BD player and BC which are actually good features
>>
>>382984746
>Forza for conefags like myself
Forza 6 had shitty PC support, Horizon 3 had full PC support, and Forza 7 will be fully supported on the PC as well. Microsoft has made one of their strongest exclusives a multiplat.
>>
>>382985548

As someone who's familiar with the Forza franchise, I'm not waiting 3-6 months for the PC version to run properly on modern hardware. Console gaming is infinitely more convenient to me.
>>
>>382985514

fucking this

BC is fucking awesome, and I play a ton more shit on my xbone than the ps4.
>>
>>382985805
yeah good job on microsoft for getting amazin bc titles on the one like dante's inferno or max payne 3 and not call of duty: black ops XXVIIIII
>>
>>382985690
Oh yeah consoles will (probably) be more convenient in terms of plug and play, but I think the point of the thread is the Xbox is fucked for exclusives, and Forza is a good example of why.
>>
All modern consoles except the Switch are just glorified Steam boxes.
Nintendo is the only one left that understands the point of a console.
>>
I don't understand the mentality at all. Play the game on PC then if that's your thing.
>>
>>382987094
Right so if I have a good rig to play the entire library of the 1 Xbox game I'm interested in, why would I need to get a scorpion console?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.