[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nier Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I've been enjoying this game so far overall but the sidequests have been a chore for the most part. Is it even worth it to do the side quests? Or should I just blaze through the main storyline?

I ctrl+f'd nier in the catalog and found nothing, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate
>>
>>382981653
I really hope you haven't been doing sidequests without the ability to transport to every terminal you've saved at like I did. I don't know if any can be failed before that point, but i'd have rather taken the risk if i'd known.
Other than that, they're fine with a few ones with good endings that are really worth doing. Jesus christ the stamps.
Some sidequests really step-up with Route B.
>>
>>382981653
Beat the game enough and you'll eventually get a chapter select feature.
>>
>>382982808
I've just gotten the ability to fast travel. I've only done one or two sidequests that were out of my way up til this point, for the most part I just do them when I'm nearby already. Good to know the sidequests step up at some point though.

>>382982902
Not quite sure what that has to do with side quests
>>
>>382982808
>Route B
Is route B basically a second playthrough or something?
>>
>>382983021
Yeah. Eventually they really start to set things up. I was rolling my eyes at the beginning with the two venders at the resistance camp who BOTH had the "now that you've brought me what I asked for let me drop some sad, DEEPEST thoughts on you," shtick but i'm glad it didn't persist with every single quest ending that way.
>>382983405
Kinda except you play from the perspective of 9S and see what he was doing and in some cases what he was thinking. So stuff like what he was doing when he fucked off while you were fighting not-godzilla. The Amusement Park is the first area where there's really something special from it.
Eventually the story is actually continued and shit goes down.
>>
I want Adam to rape 9S infront of 2B
>>
I'm a casual poser and have never played Nier 1 or any of the DoD games. Should I play any of them or will I just find myself disappointed? I really liked Nier:A for its enemies, post-apocalyptic feel, and music.
>>
I personally think the sidequests are worth it if you want some context and color in the world. Father Servo is definitely one you need to do.
>>
>>382984768
I'd say skip 'em. If you really want to try playing them, watch a bit of gameplay and see if it looks like it'd interest you. If it doesn't and you still want to know the connections/references in Automata i'm sure someone has made a list or something with google.
If you're expecting something as "smooth" as Automata you're out of luck.
>>
File: Emil Heads.jpg (15KB, 487x222px) Image search: [Google]
Emil Heads.jpg
15KB, 487x222px
Is there any way to save this fucker? I just want him to be whole again. I know he's in a million pieces and fighting a war, but after a certain amount of time along the timeline the machines apparently become relatively peaceful and civilized. Is there any way for the clones no longer at war to fuse back into something resembling the whole again? I miss this fucker and I don't want him to keep suffering.
>>
How do you launch enemies? The only thing i've found that does it consistently is the small sword light chain attacks when upgraded. I rarely was able to launch small stubbies and I think i've only ever gotten one of the medium-bipeds in the air once.
>>
>>382985725
still early on this game but I've noticed dodging at the last second and light attack with the small sword launches them, but not entirely sure
>>
>>382985848
That's what looks like is supposed to do it, but what ends up happening most of the time is that it makes 2B jump into the air but the enemy is on the ground and i'm just slashing at air if I don't immediately drop to the ground. I wonder if it's an issue with FAR.
>>
>>382985725
Certain Dodge counters.
Also certain large sword attacks.

Its not a launch, but Double jump attack with Large sword induces huge knockback.

Also, unrelated but, reliably, anything in the entire game can be cheesed by spamming dodge with bare fists (maybe swords as well), because the sheer amount of Iframes you get on that warp counter, ensuring you can punch once then immediately keep iframing again with another dodge.
>>
File: 1338273573615.png (511KB, 691x535px) Image search: [Google]
1338273573615.png
511KB, 691x535px
I just got ending E and deleted my save. Didn't even have a good amount of weapons or sidequests completed.

I feel kinda empty now.
>>
>>382985391
Emil-Prime is still out there somewhere according to Taro. The Emils we meet are just off-shoots of off-shoots of the original with varying fragments of the original's memories.

It's just a matter of finding the original.

It doesn't matter if they kill uncooperative clones they encounter; it wouldn't harm the original Emil. I think the principle of merging clones together to "build" an Emil from scratch seems like a bad idea as you'd have fractured opinions and conflicting war-like tendencies.

The Androids are functionally immortal. Now that they know humanity is actually gone they can excavate, demolish, and clean up the cities whereas they would've been executed for even suggesting it before. At some point, they're going to put together an archive of humanity's history and in the process will certainly come across more and more Emil clones that will allow them to get closer to where the original is.
>>
why so much girls playing this shitty game? im from /vg/
>>
>>382987084
Guy here.

The combat is decent, and the story is an introspective look on existentialism and nihilism.

Don't know why girls play it. Probably because its just the flavor of the month right now for streaming people.

Also stay out of /vg/ its filled with actual people with actual mental issues, like on the spectrum of autism. As well as people with unwarrented dramawhoring and self importance.
>>
>>382987983
>Also stay out of /vg/ its filled with actual people with actual mental issues, like on the spectrum of autism.

Sounds like 4chan alright
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.