[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Halo Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: halo-3-finishthefight.jpg (84KB, 432x640px) Image search: [Google]
halo-3-finishthefight.jpg
84KB, 432x640px
Is it really that hard to make Halo innovative? Couldn't they just have features within the maps themselves instead of having new abilities? There was nothing wrong with the old formula. Reach left off with abilities making 343 sticking with them and after Halo 4, they thought of getting rid of them except sprint. They also added clamber, thrusters, spartan charge, etc. Halo 5's multiplayer is okay but not the best. This were the thoughts I was having while playing Halo 3 multiplayer with my friends. Later this day I then stumbled upon this video. It explained almost exactly the thoughts I have for 343's Halo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz9GA6oTWTY&t=11s
>>
>>382980285
>Couldn't they just have features within the maps themselves instead of having new abilities?
Halo 3 tried this a bit, Higher Ground and Zanzibar had buttons that opened gates and shit. It never added too much to the game. Personally, I liked H3's equipment. It was one time use and spread across the map, so it still worked with the game's arena gameplay. Armor Abilities in Reach and forward can be acquired from loadouts, which is their main problem. Even armor lock would be fine if it was treated like a power weapon.
>>
File: Hump1stPersonView.gif (1023KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hump1stPersonView.gif
1023KB, 320x240px
Oh the good old times.
>>
Arena shooters don't really need much innovation since they're all about solid, straightfoward gameplay around solid maps. All 343 really has to do is sharpen the movement and shooting. The core mechanics are there, adding unnecessary tripe to "add complexity" just muddles the balance. H3 equipments didn't really do that and like >>382980741 said thats why they were fine, they were complementary without getting in the way of the nitty gritty.
>>
File: halopartytime.gif (708KB, 335x153px) Image search: [Google]
halopartytime.gif
708KB, 335x153px
What's REALLY bringing Halo down? I don't expect it to be #1 forever but at least somewhere at the top 10 xbox games. I miss it's popularity.
>>
>>382980285
Okay just got finished watching the video and here is what I have to say, here is the problem. Halo Halo 1-3 were able to innovate and add new gameplay mechanics and content to the series that made it popular in the first place but after that Bungie ran out of ideas for innovation. Halo 1 had innovative controls that made it easy to play a FPS on a console, while also having very intelligent RTS like AI, and sandbox level designs. Halo 2 had online multiplayer for a console which was huge, Halo 3 added community features such as Forge and save films. Form there you had Halo 1 making a gun, grenade and melee button and vehicle use, Halo 2 adding regenerative health, dual wielding, and vehicle boarding, Halo 3 added support weapons and equipment, but from there they had no way of really adding anything else with out messing with the core. Reach added assassinations and armor abilities, Halo 4 made sprint default while keeping armor abilities, and Halo 5 made spartan abilities. Halo can't innovate without messing with the core now. You can't move past Halo 3 because you will just keep making the same game.
>>
Continuing from this >>382982414, I expect Halo 6 to go full Titanfall with zip lining, wall running and double jumping since 343 did tested two them and double jumping didn't make it into the final game of Halo 5.
>>
File: tumblr_m46yhajlj11qebu1zo1_400.gif (503KB, 310x174px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m46yhajlj11qebu1zo1_400.gif
503KB, 310x174px
Well this time 343 has time (something Bungie was never really given) so let's hope they utilize it well.
>>
File: v reads halo.jpg (901KB, 1260x1938px) Image search: [Google]
v reads halo.jpg
901KB, 1260x1938px
>343 Halo
>>
>>382981864
343 and the XBone
Xbone because it's pretty much dead
343 because they don't understand how to create interesting gameplay scenarios and because they JUSTed Halo's story and aesthetics
>>
File: three-sixty-1.jpg (16KB, 400x423px) Image search: [Google]
three-sixty-1.jpg
16KB, 400x423px
Take me back to the 360 days!
>>
>>382983381
What is the context of this? I only played 1 and 2 (I still play them to this day).
>>
>>382983830
Bungie did first, see>>382982414 and >>382982526
You can innovate past Halo 3.
>>
>>382984234
Halo Escalation. It's pretty bad.
You should probably play 3 and look up on 4 first though to better understand it.
What's the deal on storytiming now?
>>
>>382984504
No clue, sometimes it's a go, sometimes it's a 404.
Also I have no 360 so no Halo 3 for me. CE and 2 are great anyway.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.