[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Half life bad player movement.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (44KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
44KB, 460x215px
Why are the controls and player movement in this game so bad? You walk insanely fast and it feels like you're on ice skates.
>>
>>382977212
100 times better than your modern game.
>>
>>382977212
it was from a time when quake and doom were a thing
sprinting all the time was bad
>>
>>382977212
>move fast
thats GOOD
>like ice skates
learn to maneuver yourself.
>>
>>382977212
what games do you LIKE?
>>
Better than moving like you're wearing bricks for shoes
>>
turn always run off faggot. or just hold shift the entire game
>>
excellent bait thread
>>
I actually think that HL's movement feels really good, and that source's movement is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.
>>
>>382981824
it felt good and kinda like quake where the game depended on movement a lot more than today's modern fps', its why i prefer older fps games, movement actually matters
>>
hold shift to walk dumpass
>>
>>382977212

Half-Life was the first cinematic shooter and part of establishing that atmosphere was being more "realistic" than shooters before it. Yet, it was still very much a product of its time -- it was built on the Quake engine after all, and all of Id's games were built to be sanic fast. Future cinematic shooters would do realism better, basically building off of what Half-Life started. It doesn't feel as realistic today as it did when it came out.
>>
Try jumping more
>>
>>382981824
Source has the best feeling movement of any engine, ever. Shame that it's old and busted with dated graphics and the shackles of BSP but damn do valve games feel right in movement. There isn't a bunch of little nonsense that slides you around for no reason, and the level designers were careful to clip hard corners and edges that would otherwise snag you (and in multiplayer games quite often kill you).
>>
>>382977212
Get Black Mesa, it's the superior version of HL1.
>>
>>382982496
I didn't know they offered wifi in the bathhouse gloryholes now. Talk about the future.
>>
>>382982496
Unless you can give links to playthroughs of the newer builds, I'm not interested. Tried one of the public releases and it was horrendous.
>>
>>382977212
I am literally in love with half-life engine movement. It's the reason I speedran half-life and played thousands of hours of kreedz in 1.6.

I'm too afraid to install those games anymore because I would just spend way too much time bunnyhopping and longjumping etc.
>>
>>382982496
Superior is a stretch but I certainly enjoyed the gunplay more

>>382983006
Got it during the Steam Sale
There are a good amount of improvements over the Public one
Fair bit of options to turn off divisive things like iron sights.
Apparently Xen is going to be finished this summer but some modder already did a version of it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.