[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 years on, this is still the most memorable plot twist and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: aeris-prayer.jpg (33KB, 640x503px) Image search: [Google]
aeris-prayer.jpg
33KB, 640x503px
20 years on, this is still the most memorable plot twist and sad scene in video games. Did gaming peak too early? We can't keep pretending that anything comes close to Final Fantasy VII. If you're an underage who didn't play this game you missed out on the ultimate masterpiece of the whole medium.
>>
only thing i remember about that character is her name, and only because nerds are still arguing about it

did she even have a personality? the only thing about her death that was emotional for me was learning that i'd wasted all that time grinding her
>>
File: 1498763219656.jpg (102KB, 771x900px) Image search: [Google]
1498763219656.jpg
102KB, 771x900px
>>382976330
>grinding
>>
>>382976053
>20 years on, this is still the most memorable plot twist and sad scene in video games.

Hmm. Let me think on this for a moment. How many copies of FF VII have been sold?
>Square Enix mentioned that Final Fantasy VII has sold over 11,000,000 units worldwide.

11 million...

Yet among my circle of friends only 7 people have completed the game. I'm 32 years old and have known quite a few video gamers over the years. Sometimes I just wonder about how popular these games really are in comparison to what is out there now.
>>
Phantasy Star 4 did it better.
>>
>>382976784
i know two people who have beaten it, and one of them is me

i don't remember much of it, either. it was just that amazing
>>
>>382976885

What's that exactly?
>>
>>382976053
I like VII but I never got why people got so emotional about this scene.
(I played it years later so that might have an effect in it)
I thought stuff like Cid's realization that he was being to hard on the reasercher girl and Cloud regaining his memories was better.
>>
File: Galuf and Krile.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Galuf and Krile.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
Not even the most memorable sad scene in its own franchise
>>
>>382976053
Aries was useless and we were better off without her
>>
File: 31.jpg (393KB, 1036x700px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
393KB, 1036x700px
>>382980465
If FFV came out in the US sooner, it probably would've been.
>>
>>382976053
I don't know man I got lots of feels from the secret ending of Nier:A

Poor Emil :'(
>>
>>382976053
sure fag
>>
Aeris death was shocking and it was one of the few PS1 games that had cgi cutscenes in the time, so I guess that affect alot of folks. I personally liked Cid dying and Celes trying to commit suicide by jumping off a cliff in FF6 better
>>
>>382980465

I disagree. While I cried at that one and have played nearly all the mainline Final Fantasies and their sequels/prequels. Aeris' is the best because it incorporates guilt over beating her up and not getting a chance to make amends. Also failing the promise to let her fly the airship. The second best is in II. Josef. Similarly has guilt post-fact, when facing his daughter and even more when lying to the rest of the villagers saying he committed suicide. The party is clearly ashamed.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.