[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the most naive/dumbest thing you've done in videogames?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: lotr.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
lotr.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
Whats the most naive/dumbest thing you've done in videogames?

I played pic related until reaching the mines of moria, because I unironically believed that the game would make some genre swap there and turn into a hack and slash like the following entries. My child brain simply couldn't accept that someone would actually make a game that was so bad and bugged, so I thought that would happen.
>>
>>382967584
Suckered in buying Shantae: Half Genie Moron by /v/.
>>
>>382967584
This fucking game, man.

This game is the pinnacle of "where the fuck do I go?"
>>
>>382967584
But it has the official seal of nintendo quality...
>>
>>382968779
I'm actually extremely surprised about this. This game had a game breaking bug at every twist and turn. One of them finally got me during the mines of moria when I couldn't use keys anymore
>>
>>382967584
I got this as a gift and thought my copy was bugged. Turns out they never debugged it, and the game always freezes at Moria
>>
>>382967584
I bought Spore.
>>
>>382970280
Im really sorry
>>
>>382970206
I've heard that nobody has actually beaten the game because of the bugs, and that the devs knew it was pretty much impossible to complete so they half assed the last level and that the final boss is literally just ONE standard goblin
>>
>>382972801
I've beaten it. There's a workaround for the Moria bug that they made available.

The "corrections" to the manual included with the game still blows my mind. I remember one literally says something like "The manual lists spells Gandalf can learn but Gandalf can't actually learn spells".

That said it's actually delightfully ambitious for a GBA game but I assume it got rushed to hell and back. It had fucking Tom Bombadil in it so you know real fans of the series made it.

The final boss is actually a bunch of goblins but it appears as one goblin on the overworld, and with some finesse you can actually just sneak around it and skip the final boss entirely. Which I did, because the battle system sucks.
>>
>>382973389
What is this work around you speak of???
>>
>>382973389

>Made by fans

Yeah I got that impression too, since they actually go through the entire Shire trip instead of just leaving in 20 minutes like they do in the film

and holy shit those corrections
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (383KB, 945x958px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
383KB, 945x958px
Worst. Christmas. Ever.
>>
File: never ever.png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
never ever.png
572KB, 600x580px
>>382967584
>>382974593
>>382973389

I remember that there was literally no reward at all for fighting so you should just sneak the entire game
>>
File: 1457918154900.jpg (104KB, 800x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1457918154900.jpg
104KB, 800x1350px
What's the best LotR GBA game? Any must plays?
>>
>>382968287
>Suckered in buying Shantae: Half Genie Moron by /v/.

Oh, it's like 16 dollars. Shantae games aren't that bad.

I buy everything Wayforward and Inti puts out. It's basically just pity welfare for them.
>>
>>382968779
The seal of quality only means the hardware is warranteed to work.
The programers being fuckos don't count for the seal. It's been like that since the NES.
>>
>>382973826
Official explanation from the devs:

In the Mines of Moria, there is a large open room with an orc in it. When the player approaches the door to the northeast, Gandalf informs the player that the passage is blocked and that the player must go deeper into Moria. At this point, the player should save the game.
If the game freezes, the player should reload from the saved game, walk toward the doorway that causes the glitch and push the Start button right before the screen fades. If the player does this correctly, the save menu appears as the screen is fading. Save the game, and then continue the game. The game will continue with the player on the other side of the doorway, and the player will be free to move. It is very important that the player pushes Start as he or she walks toward the doorway and the screen is fading."
>>
>>382975005
Well, there's only 3 and the 1st one is terrible. The other 2 are identical to each other so it's really a question of which movie you liked the most
>>
bought a wii.
>>
>>382974593
Remember Anon there are others who get nothing but books and other shit for Christmas. One of your relatives remembered you liked LotR and video games and thought this would make you happy. Others get gifts where no thought at all was put into them.

Just gotta grin and bear it for them.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.