[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is shinryu, say something nice about her! you did manage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 579
Thread images: 107

File: shinryu.png (7KB, 168x224px) Image search: [Google]
shinryu.png
7KB, 168x224px
this is shinryu, say something nice about her!

you did manage to pass her trial, right?
>>
>>382967461
literally who?
>>
>>382967461
Stinky Shitter Smasher/10
>>
>>382967713
it's shinryu, obviously?

don't tell me you've forgotten her already
>>
>>382967757
aren't you glad that she's keeping most shitters away from omega?
>>
>>382967461
Shinryu is a boy, you dumbass. Having pink hair like the goddess, Lightning means nothing.
>>
>>382968690
why else would her hair be pink?
>>
omega got tired of his bullying and is planning to shoot up eorzea high tomorrow
>>
File: ruby.png (25KB, 509x447px) Image search: [Google]
ruby.png
25KB, 509x447px
Twat twattwattwat twat
>>
File: 56014.jpg (43KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
56014.jpg
43KB, 225x350px
>>382968770
Maybe Nomura just likes the occasional pink hair
>>
>>382968964
that doesn't prove she's a boy, anon

she's still very cute!
>>
>>382968468
Hell yeah
>>
how have you guys been finding the deltascape fights so far?
good? bad? difficult? too easy?
the only one i had issues with was V3 since that just felt like a clusterfuck with that sand puzzle, and i'm horrible at those kinds of puzzles
>>
File: omega-will-delete-this.jpg (704KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
omega-will-delete-this.jpg
704KB, 1024x742px
>>382968841
I'M GONNA MAKE CARTENAU LOOK LIKE A FUCKING JOKE
>>
>>382970362
Nothing too crazy, but of course these are the normal versions.

Charybdis on V1 was a shock for most newbies, but nobody's wiped that I've run with.
The tentacles on V2 have caused a few issues until people understand it.
V3 has a lot to take in but it's pretty easy once learned.
V4 is a similar situation but does more consistent damage with less of a safety net.
>>
File: 1477874756001.jpg (35KB, 290x249px) Image search: [Google]
1477874756001.jpg
35KB, 290x249px
>tfw just bought the expansion but im not as hyped as i was with heavensward
slowly letting go of the mmo meme bros

im still having fun but i just know im not getting anything mindblowing
>>
>>382967461
is this the dragon from the ffvi gba version bonus dungeon

the superboss
>>
>>382967461
>>382967776
>her
Just fucking kill yourself already.
>>
File: typicalSAM.jpg (134KB, 437x232px) Image search: [Google]
typicalSAM.jpg
134KB, 437x232px
>SAMcucks
>>
File: 1498627878216.jpg (43KB, 751x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498627878216.jpg
43KB, 751x500px
>>382970901
>less thank 2k as SAM
>3 misses
>>
So yoshi-p said he's going to address tanks equipping i270 strength accessories. If the people in charge of balancing were sane, this would mean putting strength on fending accessories or buffing the everloving SHIT out of tenacity. In the land of Yoshi-P, this probably means more accessories are going to get job locked.

I still don't understand how they managed to fuck tanks up so hard after all the progress they made in fixing them in HW.
>>
>>382971141
probably something related to the weakness changes and wanting tanks to be punished just as much for dying as everyone else
all they have to do is add STR to accessories or make VIT boost their damage again, but we know neither is gonna happen
>>
>>382970498
wtf is his problem
>>
>>382971141
probably just a lot more str on gear going forward
otherwise yea like >>382971430 said the weakness thing
>>
>>382970901

remove sonybros
>>
File: lvldown.jpg (96KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
lvldown.jpg
96KB, 400x300px
>>382971141

>It's a core members of the combat balancing and development team left so I can't take the credit for doing shit right anymore episode
>>
>>382971430
>>382971534
I sincerely hope it just involves slapping STR on fending accessories. It is the easiest and most sane solution. That's precisely why I doubt it will happen, because it is a simple and sane approach to a pretty big issue.

It's going to have to happen eventually when the queues reach critical mass and subs are on the line.
>>
>>382971141
They seem to have misunderstood the reason tanks equip str acc in the first place which is why they buffed aggro with the patch.
>>
The story got way better after Ultima Weapon
Did the change writers? Seems that way.
>>
>>382972060
Or maybe they buffed aggro because aggro was shit, you retard.
>>
>>382971141

>I still don't understand how they managed to fuck tanks up so hard after all the progress they made in fixing them in HW.
>the same people that gave AST instant cast shields with higher potency and less mp cost than adloquium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP-r6rzIWtI
>>
File: ffxiv_07042017_185355.png (616KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07042017_185355.png
616KB, 1366x768px
>>382971113
THREE
H
R
E
E

TIMES FASTER
>>
>>382972060
I'm pretty sure they buffed aggro because low level tanking became even MORE impossible with their idiotic changes. It's something that largely benefits players who haven't gotten their tank stance and/or third hit in their enmity combo. Notice how the abilities that got buffed were largely the second hit in the combo (and flash, for some fucking reason got its effectiveness doubled).

But yeah, tanks are equipping str accessories because PEOPLE LIKE DOING DAMAGE AND FEELING LIKE THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING. Yeah, I know the average shitter is going to do so as well and give the healer a heart attack, and overall lower DPS, but the logic behind it is pretty straightforward.

People like seeing how far they can push themselves, if you want people to stop playing like retards stop making retard-tier play a more entertaining option than the alternative.
>>
>>382972064
They actually learn something from their mistakes. Sometimes they make new ones, but they learn something from them too.
>>
>>382970901
BRD Stronk
>>
>>382972207
Aggro is literally not an issue except for brand new low level undergeared tanks with BLM/SAM/BRD in a party until 30. After that theres no excuse to lose aggro before this patch.
>>
DPS isn't entirely blameless for why tanks keep loosing aggro.
I've seen how many people say they didn't bother grabbing Diversion.
>>
>>382972349
>People like seeing how far they can push themselves
Yeah but isn't a tank's job to see how far they can push themselves in terms of mitigating damage and handling the boss and shit? I know that's boring but that's the job.

Everyone needs to realize Yoshida doesn't fucking want tanks to focus on damage, he wants them to focus on tanking. I know no one likes that but it's obvious that's what Yoshida intends by nerfing tank damage all the time.
>>
File: ffxiv_07022017_151400.jpg (676KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07022017_151400.jpg
676KB, 1920x1080px
Would you play a Raid Roulette if it had a good reward?
>>
>>382972842
>Yeah but isn't a tank's job to see how far they can push themselves in terms of mitigating damage and handling the boss and shit? I know that's boring but that's the job.
It's boring AND instantaneous.
>tank buster
BIG, SHORT MITIGATION
>large number of attacks within a span of time
SMALL, LONG MITIGATION
>healer is reviving the dragoon and shinryu is about to nuke you
INVINCIBILITY BUTTON

Not only is it not hard, it's fucking braindead.

>Everyone needs to realize Yoshida doesn't fucking want tanks to focus on damage, he wants them to focus on tanking. I know no one likes that but it's obvious that's what Yoshida intends by nerfing tank damage all the time.
Tanking is the easiest fucking job on the planet. After I establish aggro I have NOTHING left to do but act like a DPS with simple rotations who has to pop mitigation every now and again. The least that can happen is that my damage can at least be good if I play well.
>>
>>382972787
i've pulled 2nd in aggro constantly even with diversion, it doesn't really help all that much without provoke+shirk trickery
>>
>>382972349
>FEELING LIKE THEY ARE CONTRIBUTING.
>FEELING

Nigga they are in the most direct and effective way possible. This is why AST is so strong since they enable this further.
>>
>>382972842
Except more vit doesn't really help mitigate anything technically, it just gives you a bigger margin of error, particularly on bosses, you either survive tank busters or you don't, if you survive with str acc, there's no point in more vit. And the only other defensive stat tenacity is currently shit useless.
>>
>>382973194
Everything you posted is worthless because Yoshida obviously doesn't feel the way you do.
>>
Fuck off and die OP.
It doesn't count as beating Shinryu if you use the Coral Ring.
>>
>>382973295
aren't there some shields that work on %hp tho?
also yeah i love how amazingly bad tenacity is
>>
>>382971141
>fuck tanks up so hard
They got a 10% DPS reduction, if that.

This is the way tanks are supposed to be. The VIT change was a bandaid fix to prevent bad tanks from memeing with strength accessories and getting themselves killed because they sacrificed 25% of their health for 20% more damage. Tank damage is now back to where it should be, but tanks can't handle this. Yoshi probably thought "surely they will not be stupid enough to give up a quarter of their health to equip accessories that are 50 ilvls below current", but it turns out they are that stupid.

>B-but muh aggro
A fucking non-issue, one which tanks are only complaining about because they treat their aggro combo like it will give them aids. Use your aggro combo once or twice a minute, and wow, holy shit, you never come close to losing enmity.
>B-but muh deeps optimization
Its literally a tank's job to keep aggro. The entire point of the job is to balance their damage and enmity to try and do max DPS without losing control of the boss. The DPS meta and higher damage of HW has instead taught tanks that they are just a simplistic, heavily-armored DPS that pops a cooldown every now and then, and that aggro is something they establish within the first 10 seconds of a fight and then never worry about again.
>S-shut up! You've never tanked before!
I have 2 tanks at 70 and play them regularly.

Not that any of this matters because tanks have whined hard enough that Yoshi P is set to capitulate and buff their aggro so high they can take their aggro combo off their bars again.
>>
>>382973364
And this is why DPS players can learn ACTUAL kung-fu in the span of time it takes for their monk to get into a dungeon or trial.
>>
>>382972349
Nice meme, if I wanted to be playing offensively I'd play a dedicated damage job. I'm not equipping 270 STR accessories and I'm staying in Defiance unless I'm OTing because my job as a tank is to absorb damage and control where the boss/mobs are. Taking less damage and being durable should be your #1 priority as a tank, not LUL I CAN SQUEEZE AN EXTRA 100DPS - STUPID HEALSLUTS CAN ADJUST LMAO XDdd. Fuck that retardation.
>>
>>382973498
I love seeing bad tanks put in input. I already talked about this a ton in other threads but I hate when the community goes and finds an effective way to play a class and the devs/part of the community try their hardest to shut it down because it has to be played a certain way the "intended" way. If more people thought like this shit like fighting games today would never exist or half of the iconic fps tech would exist no longer. Fuck it ya'll can have tanks back.
>>
>>382973812
>Taking less damage and being durable should be your #1 priority as a tank, not LUL I CAN SQUEEZE AN EXTRA 100DPS - STUPID HEALSLUTS CAN ADJUST LMAO XDdd. Fuck that retardation.
Like others have said, VIT is a cushion past a certain point. You either die to the tank buster, or you don't, it's a binary situation. I do not agree with the idea of equipping i270 accessories because I play with pubs, but I understand the desire behind it.

But don't worry, I'm sure those horrendous DPS queues are because tanks are simply LOVING these changes.
>>
>>382973514
This meme again. Tanks are the least played role because they are the de facto group leaders and have responsibility, in that the group is likely to wipe if they fuck up and die. It is not because they aren't fun enough, and it's definitely not because people are mad that they don't contribute enough damage. Hence why tanks are the least popular role in EVERY MMO EVER, not just XIV.

The way tanks are whining, you'd swear they outright removed the damage on all their attacks. But instead they went from 10% of raid DPS to 9% of raid DPS and they are acting like Yoshi killed their infant son. Bigger fucking babies than SCHs.
>>
>>382970362
Did them all Hour 1 in PF
V1: One shotted, pretty easy to understand
V2: Tentacles caused confusion, but we got there
V3: Easiest for most of my group sans a few. They couldn't get the role/frog panels
V4: We all froze during the Tree Form Head drop as well as those the tank later forgetting about the knockback, so a two-shot.

Difficult is honestly perfect, just difficult enough to pick up mechanics without frustration but is still a challenge to get through as a group. I'm gonna laugh my ass off at the Savage versions though. Grand Cross is something I'm expecting and is gonna suck.

I want to fight against Bartz & the gang in the next stage.
I will also Mark the Fuck out if they use Legend of the Crystals stuff
>>
>>382973494
>aren't there some shields that work on %hp tho?
Divine veil 10%
Divine benisson 15%
Blackest night 20%
Can't think of any other, currently even on a full vit tank blackest night absorb something like 10k which is pretty much 1 low heal.
>>
>>382973912
Yeah, in fact, they should just remove all damage from the game so healers and tanks can stop worrying about pesky things like their job and instead work on optimizing their complex DPS rotations. Also remove boss mechanics, they are a distraction and get in the way of the only fun part of this game, doing damage.
>>
File: brs.gif (1017KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
brs.gif
1017KB, 500x280px
I've been playing against Indolent Imperial for two and a half years now trying to get the Gaius card. Runnung Praetorium hasn't helped. Should I just give up?
>>
>>382973912
Oh, fuck off with that bullshit. You mean a minority of players figured out a way to play the game that was doable - but outside the intended vision of the developers. Which is totally fine, by the way, that's what makes RPGs interesting is when people find varying ways to solve problems. The issue is you retards started harassing and fucking with everyone else who didn't want to follow that paradigm. This high DPS tank bullshit is a relatively new idea in these games and it deserves to fucking die in the cradle. You're a god damn tank, you're there to take damage. Nu-tank faggots think they're DPSers with a Shield Wall, just fuck off.
>>
>>382974060
>It is not because they aren't fun enough
NIgger they aren't fun at all. You just fucking stand there. YOU JUST FUCKING STAND THERE AND TAKE HITS IN THE MOST MUNDANE FASHION POSSIBLE. It is the most effortless, auto-pilot thing imaginable. Pushing the highest DPS possible was just a way to find some form of entertainment after you've established enmity, because jesus fuck what the hell else can you do.

WAR used to be fun because learning how to play it well was not only rewarding in terms of DPS, but found a way to put out great DPS while being a great tank. DRK was about managing a bunch of resources and knowing when and where to use certain abilities for maximum effect. WAR is now literally useless, and DRK is so fucking boring that if it wasn't for its capstone ability then the hardest part about tanking would be staying awake.

I want tanking to be fun, and I would absolutely not mind not having DPS if it meant tanking was fun in other ways. But since Yoshi will never make tanking fun, the least he can do is fix his shit so that I can at least DPS after establishing near-permanent aggro.
>>
File: 1498509737719.jpg (61KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1498509737719.jpg
61KB, 482x427px
>>382972242
>>the same people that gave AST instant cast shields with higher potency and less mp cost than adloquium
aetherflow now restores only enough mana for one adlo
>>
>>382973983
>But don't worry, I'm sure those horrendous DPS queues are because tanks are simply LOVING these changes.
Horrendous DPS queues are a thing because they neutered all the tank jobs and then turned around and added not one but two shiny new DPS jobs, pretty sure it has less to do with a damage nerf and simply that it's brain numbing to play a tank that isn't Paladin.
>>
>>382974060
>Bigger fucking babies than SCHs.

Hey man, it's fucking hard right now. Our shit costs more, and does less on average. We can't fall back on damage now either because we aren't AOE jesus anymore. We still have Chain strat which is great but otherwise we need a boost.

Still. All I can do now is hope things change and we stabilize. I'm tired of people acting like it's the nigger of Healing when we went from defacto Main to firm Off healer suddenly.

To be honest I think most people who say it's ruined are DPS and Tanks, and not Healers who are either just learning how it adapts or switching to WHM
>>
>>382973912
HW having massive HP values so you can jerk off in DPS stance and never worry about taking damage is not emergent gameplay you fuck. Even when people were equipping STR accessories in ARR they generally couldn't do it during progression, only later when fights were overgeared. Which is why they tried to get rid of it, because you'd get Shitter McGee in your dungeon barely passing the ilvl requirement with all strength accessories and trying to DPS stance with no cooldowns.
>>
>>382974227
sure

>>382974338
What are you trying to say or did you write a paragraph saying yeah its fine and its like rpgs but I DON'T LIKE IT JUST TANK.

Better yet why did I reply?
>>
>>382974613
It's a number of factors, but yeah I didn't really organize my thoughts well. Tanking is really fucking boring right now.
>simply that it's brain numbing to play a tank that isn't Paladin.
Which sucks, because paladin is also disgustingly boring.
>>
>>382974490
Tanks still do damage last time I checked.

10%. 1% of raid DPS. That's what you're shitting your pants over.
>>
>>382974338
On savage; everyone is expected to squeeze out as much as they can from their job, that also means dps out of tanks and healers unless you want to put permanent pressure on them to stick to their role, but ultimately all of it is gonna fall on healers because you can't "tank more" properly speaking.
>>
can you buy levequest turn-ins for stormblood/kugane still or do you have to craft it yourself now?
>>
>>382974789
>I didn't read anything
Shoo shoo back to your queue
>>
>>382967461
Berserk mix, blind mix.
Bye bye.
>>
>>382974490
>DRK was about managing a bunch of resources and knowing when and where to use certain abilities for maximum effect.
It's literally more about that now than it was in 3.X. What the fuck.
>>
>>382974490
You can try to progress in fights that actually require cooldown management.
>>
>>382972016
they'll have to put STR on fending accessories without making it too much, while also ensuring they can't go hogwild by melding STR on top of that so they'll probably have to make the cap 'low' on them, where they'll have already have capped stats on STR.

But you're right it's a simple solution since SB accessories are role locked.
>>
File: 1392172424829.jpg (84KB, 600x857px) Image search: [Google]
1392172424829.jpg
84KB, 600x857px
>mfw NIN

there's too many fucking buttons and they have to be executed in the exact order and one wrong push and everything is just fucked
>>
>>382975162
Just play MCH or SMN :^)
>>
>>382972016
It's amusing that people think tank DPS is the primary cause of tank shortages. Maybe like 0.02% of tanks will quit tanking because they are mad about doing 10% less DPS. Queues are worse than normal because there's 2 brand fucking new DPS jobs that everyone wants to play, and that's literally it.
>>
>>382975162
What's the matter? Too deep for you?
>>
>>382970362
v1-easy
v2-annoying but easy
v3-annoying
v4-easy
>>
>convince my friend to come back for early access of SB
>he had to catch up the 3.x patches
>finished by the actual launch date so we could play together
>its been weeks and we have only just gotten to Yanxia because of his slow ass
Its fucking ridiculous, he gets easily distracted by leveling his crafting and BT dailies, and now hunts for seals just for glamour.
At this rate I'l get to 70 and finish the MSQ by the time 4.1 comes out.
>>
>>382975263
Really it's just the opening that feels awkward every time. I don't really know how to do it optimally.
>>
>>382975247

People like blaming gripes they have to the bigger picture.

Truthfully, people just want to try out Samurai. Because Tanks probably have their jobs maxed by now.
>>
>>382975247
>and that's literally it.
You're right. Couldn't be that WAR was cut off at the knees and DRK is now the most rote shit ever. PLD is also terribly boring, but it was ALWAYS boring so that's not exactly a change.
>>
>>382972969
God Yes, There also needs to be an Alliance Finder by Ivalice or things are gonna get fucked.
>>
>>382975162
This is what I hated about nin too and funny thing unlike your responses I found 3.x and 4.x MCH much easier to play.
>>
>>382975162
>we want to simplify classes
>opener is at least twice as jank as the already jank as heck hw opener
i'm playing monk now, fuck this
>>
>>382967461
yes in FFV
>>
>>382975364
>You're right.
I know.
>>
>>382975313
How gay are you to still be waiting for him.
>>
>>382975307
>>382970362
Yeah they're really easy once you know what you're doing.

Did them blind with my friend though and both Catastrophe and Halicarnassus were really fun to figure out

But I can't figure out why they used Halicarnassus when she was already a boss in Haukke Manor, unless that's just a localized name or something
>>
>>382975307
v1-annoying and easy
v2-annoying and easy
v3-best fight, perfect in every way
v4-second best fight
>>
>>382970362
I actually really enjoyed all the fights, they were all easy but it's always nice doing something new even if most of the mechanics aren't groundbreaking or anything. V3 was actually my favourite of the 4 of them.
>>
>>382975162
get an external macro to do your mundras for you
>>
>>382975307
v1-easy
v2-easy
v3-fuck the part where you have to stack up faced the same way
v4-fun
>>
>>382975629
that sounds like cheating
>>
>>382972298
>>
>>382970901
How is that SAM pulling sub 2k dps? Fucking disgusting
>>
>>382975558
I'd like 3 more if it didn't force Blood of the dragon to drop

Better have 0 eyes fuckboy dragoons

meditate for dragoon W H E N
>>
>>382975380
Found something interesting:

>Gamer Escape: Along those lines, with having two 24-man raid series’ now, will there be any kind of incentive for players to go back into those for Stormblood?

>Yoshida: There was a big discussion about that and maybe having a roulette for that. We weren’t able to do it for 4.0, but we’re intending to do something in the near future.
>This is going to be implemented with 4.1 and Return to Ivalice, we’re going to have it so you can enter an alliance raid using a cross world party.
>>
>>382975665
>-fuck the part where you have to stack up faced the same way
Just press the face target button.
>>
File: 1480903250120-a.jpg (402KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1480903250120-a.jpg
402KB, 800x800px
>>382975162
Is this at 60 or at 70?
I just started playing again and ninja seems alright after the skill prune. Are the new skills responsible for the jankiness?
>>
>>382967461

shinryu sux

soz
>>
>>382970362
way too easy, honestly
the hardest one is v3 but that's just due to the amount of stuff going on and forced march being extra fiddly to line up
1 and 2 look like they're going to be fun in savage tho, i actually like slippery snek's elemental adventure
>>
>>382975668
just like parser
>>
File: 1367558108371.jpg (41KB, 399x444px) Image search: [Google]
1367558108371.jpg
41KB, 399x444px
>Finally get both MIN and BTN 70
>Finish their questline to get the GP regeneration trait boost
>Expect something like 10 GP per tick instead of 5
>It's actually 6 GP instead of 5
>The trait literally give you only 1 more GP back

FUCK YOU SE
FUCK YOOOOUUUUUU
>>
>>382975783
I only played HW for like a month after launch so I don't really remember the rotation all that much to be honest.
>>
How do you actually handle v2?

I die to the four orbs and its variants almost every time.
>>
>can't find a decent group to farm susan
>join another shitter group
>we pull off the impossible and actually kill it even though the entire run was a disaster
>my weapon drops

Fucking finally. I never have to tank susan ever again. How are your farms going /v/?
>>
>>382975364
>WAR was cut off at the knees
Because they lost such critical and complex skills as.... Bloodbath? Brutal Swing? Oh, the stance swap cost, right? You know that like 99% of tanks never turn off tank stance when MTing? Failing that just take the penalty, it's not like they literally cannot stance swap. WAR plays exactly the same as it did.

>DRK is now the most rote shit ever
So DRK was good because it was about resource management, but when they add more resource management, it's bad? I guess you're actually complaining because they took away some brainless upkeep debuffs and oGCDs you hit the second the light up?
>>
File: 1490119843895.gif (480KB, 141x141px) Image search: [Google]
1490119843895.gif
480KB, 141x141px
>start nervous farting about finally taking a crack at Susan Extreme
>Learning Party becomes Farming Party after a few attempts

Hey, I'm not complaining, I like relaxing.
>>
>>382975769
My DF group couldn't do that mechanic at all. People were running all over. We just barely managed to clear it.
>>
>>382975994
there's a safe spot right in the center for the blue + yellow combo, otherwise just be patient and wait for the yellow ones to go away before you float out of stuff
>>
File: IMG_0806.jpg (69KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0806.jpg
69KB, 240x180px
>>382967461
Yeah, long time ago
>>
>>382976030
my WAR friend wont stop bitching about Bloodbath.
I like to pop it on my SAM because I know it triggers him.
>>
File: 1482118772114-a.jpg (86KB, 693x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482118772114-a.jpg
86KB, 693x800px
>>382975984
I don't claim to be a good ninja, I fumble my buttons and manage to badly unsync my cooldown lineups, but the basic rotation is and was pretty simple:
Keep up the slashing debuff, keep up your DoTs, refresh Huton with armor crush if you drop below 40, use trick attack and your other cooldowns besides duality as soon as they become available.

Not that bad really.
I have no idea how the new skills will affect this though.
>>
>PvP NIN is really fun
>lose every single fucking game
>also means you get a literally trivial amount of EXP now that they tied it to winning in a mode where matchmaking makes zero attempt whatsoever to make balanced teams and EXP was already shit
Sugoi
>>
>>382976030
>Because they lost such critical and complex skills as.... Bloodbath? Brutal Swing? Oh, the stance swap cost, right? You know that like 99% of tanks never turn off tank stance when MTing? Failing that just take the penalty, it's not like they literally cannot stance swap. WAR plays exactly the same as it did.
The amount of density displayed here should reasonable have created a black hole where this site's servers are located.
>class all about being a big meaty motherfucker with tons of self-sustain and big dick damage, but no utility
>no self-sustain
>damage is the same as every other tank
So now we have a tank with no utility, no self-sustain, the same damage as every other tank, and as an added bonus is a huge pain in the ass for healers to babysit because his mitigation is mediocre. But no, WAR is fine.
>>
>>382976202
It's not like WAR doesn't have 4 other self healing skills or anything. I suspect they won't be satisfied until they no longer need a healer at all. In which case they could always play PLD.

Clemency is pretty fucking ridic. First run of O2 and the last 20% of the boss, everyone was dead except me and 2 PLDs and we still cleared just by Clemency.
>>
WAR is actually fine.
And so is SCH.
>>
>Queue in DF for Coil Turn 5. No one knew the fight
>Spend a few minutes with the mechanics
>We got wiped till the time run out
>Still had a fucking blast
I wish I started playing the game 4 year ago. Coil is such a blast but no one wants to do it synced.
>>
Fucking FINALLY killed Susano. Had a party that just did everything right and had good dps, cleared in one pull. Now just gotta get my weapon.
>>
>>382975759
obviously they're going to incentivize doing Crystal Tower and Mhach raids again by having stupid relic shit that you can mitigate collecting a bit by doing these raids again
>>
>>382976359
>refresh Huton with armor crush if you drop below 40

I will do that then. I've been waiting until it's almost ran out to Armor Crush. Also it's not the rotation that's confusing it's the fucking opening.
>>
>>382970362
Boring music.
>>
File: 9hielvzu2u6z.png (80KB, 340x132px) Image search: [Google]
9hielvzu2u6z.png
80KB, 340x132px
>>382975745
>>
Twintania vs Manipulator vs Exdeath, who wins?
>>
File: 1497697275744.png (44KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1497697275744.png
44KB, 658x662px
>>382976028
>lakshmi
dutyfinder my first run and kill it within 2 or 3 tries. use dutyfinder for the other runs aswell and never wipe once in all the runs i had. got all my healing accessories
>susano
havent killed him with a dutyfinder group since launch and im too afraid to join a premade group
>>
>>382976520
As long as it makes all this queues not dead, I'm up to anything.
>>
>>382976187
>pop brew
>reck shin

Don't know if anyone actually fought 11's shin normally
>>
>>382972787
>tanks needing dps to perform the tanks role of aggro control
Fuck off, I lvled a pld to 60 before the change of shield oath and had no problems keeping aggro while still dealing damage, get good
>>
>>382976598
Coil anything wins hands down for actually challenging players by any iota
>>
>>382976387
>No self-sustain
What are Storm's Path, Inner Beast, Equilibrium and Thrill of Battle? I guess they don't count, huh. Bloodbath was the TRUE glue holding the entire job togehter.
>Same damage
*highest damage at all percentiles below 99th
>mitigation is mediocre
WAR has some of the best personal mitigation in the game.

I guess at this point I should expect tanks to lie for the sake of complaining though.
>>
>>382976709
No but i mean, against each other. Who wins in a 1v1v1 fight
>>
>>382976598

Manipulator was the funner fight. Twintania had too much bullshit involved
>>
>>382976509
t5 is still one of the best fights in the game even after all this time
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>382967461
Culex was better.
>>
>>382976782
probably still Twintania
>>
>>382976402
>It's not like WAR doesn't have 4 other self healing skills or anything.
One has a significant enough cooldown to where it can't be reasonably factored in for overall self-sustain, inner beast and storm's path heal for an absolutely worthless amount, and equilibrium is nice but still fucking garbage. It's like you don't even play WAR or something, which is pretty fucking obvious.

>>382976728
>>What are Storm's Path, Inner Beast, Equilibrium and Thrill of Battle? I guess they don't count, huh. Bloodbath was the TRUE glue holding the entire job togehter.
The first two abilities had their healing nerfed into the dirt, equilibrium is nice but not nearly enough on its own (or even combined really), and thrill of battle is on a fucking two minute cooldown on a class that's taking heavy damage constantly.
>>
File: 1440348878446.png (200KB, 438x336px) Image search: [Google]
1440348878446.png
200KB, 438x336px
>>382976820
What if they fucking use Culex in the omega raid
>>
>>382975949
What the flying fuck?
>>
File: ffxiv_07062017_002700.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07062017_002700.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>382967461
Have you guys used Reshade / sweetFX?
How can i make my game look as pretty as the /gpose? Does it destroys the framerate?
>>
File: DBcoTllUAAAkQIv.jpg (14KB, 326x308px) Image search: [Google]
DBcoTllUAAAkQIv.jpg
14KB, 326x308px
>>382976989
>>
is gathering worth a damn right now, my BOT is still at 50, wondering if I should lvl it seeing as I'm pretty close to BiS and need something else to do
>>
are these trash servers getting ddosed again?
>>
>>382977117
Gathering is, and always will be easy money.
>>
>>382977117
You can easily make 500k a day by gathering the new mats for crafters 1 hour a day
>>
>>382976989
>dps has to don a red cap and stomp his crystals
>>
>DRKs only self heal might as well not exist
>>
>>382977316
>DUTY ACTION: LAZY SHELL
>"I have no idea why this is important but it was in the files" -Nero
>>
File: PoSB6Zm.jpg (186KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
PoSB6Zm.jpg
186KB, 2560x1440px
>>382977023
even prettier :3
>>
File: 1493068319647.jpg (24KB, 379x376px) Image search: [Google]
1493068319647.jpg
24KB, 379x376px
>>382976387
your a retarded
>>
>>382970901
that better be the shinryu fight, how the fuck is everyone doing sub 3k
>>
>>382977467
Yeah but i mean, do you use it to play as well, or just to take screenshots
>>
>>382977561
reshade kills your fps, only good for screenshots
dof and AO in particular dip your game
>>
>>382976871
Did Bloodbath not have a cooldown? Can't... seem... to.... remember...
>>
File: Shinny.jpg (105KB, 1412x350px) Image search: [Google]
Shinny.jpg
105KB, 1412x350px
She was a toughie, before everyone just spammed Primeval Brews.
>>
>NIN shares all pre 2.4 gear with MNK, then gets stuck with sharing accessories with one other class and having its own left side gear like every DPS existing at the time
>MCH and SAM just get to share all their gear except weapons with BRD and MNK
>>
File: 1436658868224s.jpg (3KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
1436658868224s.jpg
3KB, 123x125px
>>382977969
>Cant play FFXIV with bewteefool graphics
>>
>>382978327
>not playing at an unlocked 140+ fps to get higher DPS on your parse
>>
>Ultima Weapon
>Thordan and the 7 horsemen
>Shinryu
Who was better?
>>
>>382978587
I dont care about min-maxing dps desu, after the server location change my ping suffered a lot. They also cucked WAR, my main so... yeah, i've been leveling crafters n shit.
>>
>>382978740
Thordan was more hype, but Shinryu had a better fight
>>
What job(s) make me feel the coolest when playing them well and wrecking an enemy/boss's shit with them?
>>
>10 kills of Lakshmi with farm groups
>50 kills of Lakshmi with duty finder groups
People forgot the existence of the df and there's only good players left grinding it. Damn, I'm never using party finder again
>>
>>382975949
But it's enough to regen your GP fully between nodes
>>
>>382978327
it at least use it to turn up the contrast, makes darks and colors pop out more and gets rid of the grey film this game has
>>
>>382978960
SAM, DRG, BLM, SMN are all really flashy jobs with a strong visual presence in a fight.
>>
When do we go to Zanarkand?
>>
>>382976802

Not even the best fight in coil ever since T9 became a thing, fucko
>>
>>382976989

Fuck you now I'll be bitter when they dont do this shit
>>
>account suspended for "harrassment" for 24 hours
>square has a retarded system in place where your ban officially starts on the next day at 12 AM, but your account gets suspended right when you get the email
>tfw I get email at 2 AM on patch day and am technically banned for 46 hours
>>
>>382978740
Ultima Weapon has the better design
Thordan was the Hypest Boss
Shinryu has the best mechanics
>>
>>382979940
Stop being a jerk then
>>
>>382975359
>>382975247
>>382975364
Samurai should have been a fucking tank.
>>
>>382979940
>bot for years
>nothing happens
>tell someone to stop being a shitter because they are doing 1000 dps lower than anyone else
>banned for a week
>>
File: themeparker.jpg (110KB, 1341x530px) Image search: [Google]
themeparker.jpg
110KB, 1341x530px
>tfw this if the playerbase YoshiP is catering to
>>
>>382980480
she's right though
>>
File: 20160330101216_1.jpg (789KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160330101216_1.jpg
789KB, 1920x1080px
>>382979940
>remember back when the Bennu mount was added
>/laughed at people who bought them so they could idyll in idleshire
>account suspended for harassment
>>
I miss Papalymo
>>
>>382980729
Get the fuck out of here lyse
>>
>>382980767
Piss off Lyse is garbage. They wasted two great characters for one that wasn't even worth it.
>>
File: Lyse.png (376KB, 680x1483px) Image search: [Google]
Lyse.png
376KB, 680x1483px
>>382980837
>>
File: Untitled2.png (1MB, 1068x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
1MB, 1068x600px
>>382980876
>hey WoL, just gonna borrow your spotlight real quick, k?
>>
File: FFXIV_FF14-4.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV_FF14-4.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
I hope they never add the XI event gear to the Mogstation.
It's a lot more unique than I thought it would be, I dont see many SAM running around with it like I thought I would.
>>
>>382981074
Is even the WoL a good singer?.
But now that i think about it the WoL can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
>>382981191
WoL can be a bard so of course
>>
File: smile.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>382981191
WoL can do anything if they put their mind to it.
except save their loved ones
>>
>come in expecting a comfy FFV thread
>it's another Stormshill thread
WAKE THE METAL
>>
File: ffxiv_06082016_220138.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06082016_220138.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>382981403
nevar4get
>>
>>382981454
Come grab a chair, there's room for both.
>>
>>382981403

So what you're saying is...
We need to start loving the ever living fuck out of Lyse?
>>
>>382980480
Yes and?
>>
>>382980480
Lalafells exist.
You can't have a serious game with that.
>>
is aggro a good indicator of dps, or do people actually use those trash emnity reduction moves as dps?
>>
>>382967461
i had the trial as my roulette today and it was piss easy. sad that everyone is already overgeared for it, it was fun as fuck the first couple of days.
>>
>>382981110
That's because the armor is based on Shrine Maiden/Priest Armor. They are normally Archers or in folklore psychic/spiritual users.

The gear in the Omega raid is more apt.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_1573 Jul. 06 07.14.jpg (60KB, 1309x136px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_1573 Jul. 06 07.14.jpg
60KB, 1309x136px
>>382970901
Nigga I had a SAM do less than a SCH, top that shit
>>
>>382981706
You might be onto something...
>>
File: Enuo_(unshadowed).png (597KB, 709x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Enuo_(unshadowed).png
597KB, 709x1012px
>>382976989
I'm thinking Enuo or NeoExdeath might be a possibility seeing as we got Exdeath with the rest of the end game bosses from FFV. Although I'd be more excited if they decided to use other end game bosses from other final fantasy titles too for the next raid tier.
>>
>>382981495
Reddit's first tragic FF character
>>
>>382981992
Neo Exdeath is gonna be in O4S
>>
Have you guys figured out pre-Raid BiS yet? I'm figuring out if I should prioritize Direct Hit over Critical Hit and if I want to try break the 2.2s GDC as DRG.
>>
when are we getting doom train
>>
>>382981992
I'm thinking they are going for games Omega appeared in since he said he's crested copies of enemies he's seen. Only other games I remember him being in are TAY, XI and XIII-2 if the devs aren't counting re-releases.
>>
>>382982094
Really? Then that's awesome. Bring out the Vacuum Waves and meteors.
>>
>weekly limits on gear
Has anyone ever thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>382982286
No, but until a better alternative is found it stays. it has its function.
>>
>>382982034
Reddits first shitpost
>am I le edgy enough yet guys xD
>>
File: 1479752739568.jpg (48KB, 750x674px) Image search: [Google]
1479752739568.jpg
48KB, 750x674px
>>382975162
>One rotation says to Suiton after SE>GS
>Another rotation says to start with Suiton but SF first and then TA after the second GS for an Aeolian nuke
Which one is it?
>>
File: 20170630100753_1.jpg (301KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170630100753_1.jpg
301KB, 1920x1080px
>>382981403
It never gets any easier, does it?
>>
>>382982407
I bet you like Redditbrand too, faggot.
>>
File: Valfodr.jpg (84KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
Valfodr.jpg
84KB, 1000x713px
>>382982257
That makes sense. If that's the case I would love to fight Valfodr from 13-2 because I liked his design.
>>
>wake up
>wipe to susano 20 times
>go to bed
>repeat
How do I get my weapon
>>
>>382982286
If they didn't, people would be decked out in the highest ilvl gear in half a day and complain about not having anything to do.

it's not going anywhere.
>>
>>382982407
he's right though. Memechefant is just a meme character.
>>
>>382982507
>being this mentally ill and desperate to fit in.
Yes we get it you don't like things, interjecting everything with "reddit" doesn't make you look cool
>>
>>382982581
You get on a server/data center with less garbage players
>>
I don't hate Zenos because he's evil like Yoshi wanted me to. I hate him because I found his "le psycho warrior willing to let everything burn for one good fight" schtick to be boring as fuck.
>>
>>382982581
How the fuck do you wipe to Susano for 10 hours? It took me like half that time to get 10 tokens queuing in raid finder as a DPS.
>>
>>382982581
either git gud or git lucky or both. if you're really feeling up for it try and find some not shit people on your server to play with, though they've probably got their weapons and mounts already. I don't know how you wipe that many times since Susano is fucking easy.
>>
>>382982635
But that would be their own fault. The current system fucks over people who want to gear out multiple jobs.
>>
>>382982284
Yeah, the datamine has his music in it and we obviously didn't get that fight yet.
>>
>>382982719
>muh redditchefaunt
If he's so great why is he dead?
>>
>>382982993
If you're not gay why are you so good at sucking dick?
>>
File: 1493355076954.jpg (50KB, 359x391px) Image search: [Google]
1493355076954.jpg
50KB, 359x391px
>>382983085
>>>r/ffxiv
>>
>>382983227
ha ha ha hoiiiiiii
>>
File: 1464267746013.png (137KB, 572x537px) Image search: [Google]
1464267746013.png
137KB, 572x537px
>>382983340
>that fucking lala in crowds
>>
>>382983467
Potatoes belong in ovens.
>>
>>382974334
I got mine first time through Prae, and have had it six times since thanks to roulettes.

Sorry bro.
>>
If I was to play MCH what should I expect?
>>
File: wat.png (4KB, 105x20px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
4KB, 105x20px
>go afk
>come back to this
i started playing 3 weeks ago, is this normal? never happened to me in any other game besides that one time i went to the goldshire inn in WoW an accidentally witnessed an ERP session back in classic
>>
File: Dissidia_Garland.png (449KB, 500x634px) Image search: [Google]
Dissidia_Garland.png
449KB, 500x634px
>>382970362
I think they were easy but at the same time I thought they were really fun. Exdeath made me really happy, and I can't wait to see the savage version.

Beyond that what are people excited to potentially see next in the raid? I don't know if anything was truly hinted at, but my dream is an FF1 callback fighting the 4 Fiends and then Garland/Chaos.
>>
should i even worry about melding if we have new gear coming out every few weeks?
>>
>>382984930
>Imperial Ist Legion
>Legatus is notGarland
>They learn about an ancient primal that was forgotten to time, rumoured to be the cause of the first calamity, so old that there are no worshippers left to summon it
>They form a plan to go back in time to harness this power
>It ends up being Chaos.
I want it. Four Fiends might be difficult though because Kraken and Tiamat are already in the game.
>>
>>382984880
what server?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (263KB, 2444x299px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
263KB, 2444x299px
>hurr that's just how it is grandpa get with the times
>everyone does it so it's okay
>asking people to slow down their autismo grind for a new player is asking them to waste their time
>it's not even a good dungeon anyway

Holy shit the OF are retarded. I'm ashamed to even agree with him on the fact that sprouts should shut the fuck up and get carried in those godforsaken instances. Sasuga catfags. At least SE learned that you can't make story dungeons like that- applying single player design logic to an MMO is pants-on-head retarded.
>>
>>382985640
Chaos should be something other than a primal desu senpai
>>
File: 1498566278680.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498566278680.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
Teledji, you runt bastard.
>>
>>382985563

If you're aiming to do the Savage raids and clear them to farm ASAP, yes. Otherwise it's not necessary. 95% of the content is balanced around casual/midcore players who are barely above the min ilvl requirements.
>>
File: 1469067806582.gif (6KB, 355x200px) Image search: [Google]
1469067806582.gif
6KB, 355x200px
>>382985778
>>
>>382985662
They should just make Castrum and Praetorium single player instances where the rest of your party is NPCs, and then have Ultima as a separate trial at the end.
>>
File: 1433937733492.jpg (56KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1433937733492.jpg
56KB, 720x720px
>tfw 3 melee in bolywoodfaggots extreme
>get flowers

FUCK OF YOU SAM AND DRG SHITS IM THE ONE STAYING ON THE BOSS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>tfw the reason SMN and SCH got shafted in 4.0 is because they focused on nothing but making them use completely different actions for the most part so that they could be lazy shits and wouldn't have to deal with working around the shared class
>>
>>382986287
Shared class is a shit idea and always has been.
>>
File: 1484984591303.png (55KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1484984591303.png
55KB, 300x301px
>>382986216
>sit there and eat it because it does no damage
>>
>>382985969

I think that's what they want to do, starting with that whole GC squadron nonsense.

I never have the right stat balance for missions so I just get it as good as I can and send them out; mostly they fail, but sometimes they succeed. Seems like a min/maxing autist's dream, but it sure as heck isn't fun for me.
>>
>>382986287
They really should split them. Like ACN going into SCH makes sense from both a mechanics view and lore wise based on the job quests while SMN has always felt off being connected to SCH.
>>
>>382967461
Fucking hate getting that trial when I was autistically rerolling for khloe points. Tossup whether i'd help shitters power through or they were just too shit to even bother doing well, it's so damn aggravating.
Was really fun on launch though, maybe I was in the boat with the good people or something. They obviously knew what all attacks did and shit.
>>
>>382986216
Fuck you i'm not letting my dragon eye stacks drop
>>
>>382986541
lets me level SMN as SCH which feels good as fuck

they should have a way to link levels between classes because being able to DPS for story missions and heal for dungeons is such a good feeling
>>
>>382985916
That entire slog of quest leading up to banquet was worth it just to see Raubahn go nuclear.
>>
>>382986541
>>382986640
Yeah I didn't mean that the shared class is a good idea or that it should stay, just that SE was retarded and fucked themselves by making it and now are making things even dumber at the moment by trying to fix it.
>>
>>382986868
They are pretty much stuck with it now, since it's not like they can just change SMN's weapon from a book to something else now since it's been this way since the beginning.
>>
>>382986640

At this point you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. There are so many people wrapped up in the unique identity of SCH and SMN that even if they only play one of those jobs, they will throw the world's biggest bitchfit about splitting them off. Never mind that it would be better for both classes to be separated since SCH feels like a half-assed healer until 50 and SMN has no practical use for Physik.

Most of the problems are for SCH, honestly. Outside of Physik, all of their healing is tied to job quests and Aetherflow so the DPS and support utilities can be shared from ACN. DPS on a healer is better than healing on a DPS but SCH's a clusterfuck of Aetherflow management and janky low-level healing because of it. I don't think SE can design or balance healers for shit. They must all be DPS players since the tanks and healers are far worse off than the damage dealers are.
>>
>>382986868
If it's a shit idea then there's no problem in trying to mitigate the shitness of it and giving them separate abilities.
>>
>"I parse orange" guy on /v/ kept praising how 4.0 DRK was going to be an exciting and complicated job
>one rotation and forgiving as fuck, don't even need to use blackest night
>>
>>382987096
Since the book weapon fits best with SCH rather than SMN (imo), what would even be a good weapon for SMN if they did split?
>>
>get a full 8 man party of lv 70's with 300 ilvl for a Thordan Ex bird farm
>its set to duty complete so everyones beaten it at least ONCE
>recipe for the perfect farm party
>EVERY MOTHERFUCKER BUT ME AND THE OT DIE BY THE LAST PHASE OVER AND OVER AGAIN
I'm tearing my fucking hair out, we've wiped 5 times in a row because people can't help but get charmed/knocked into the death circle
how the fuck are people this bad
maybe this wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't 5 minutes of Knights of Tomfoolery you had to sit through every attempt
>>
>>382987306
They're not going to change the book. Not with all the existing book models and animations specifically for SMN. They would just keep doing what they do now, have two books.
>>
File: 1409622150365.png (86KB, 299x209px) Image search: [Google]
1409622150365.png
86KB, 299x209px
>leveling crafting classes
>get them all to 40
>suddenly run out of leves

uh oh

what now
>>
File: ffixlateral1.jpg (212KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ffixlateral1.jpg
212KB, 1024x768px
Can't even go through omega's solo instance without getting a 90k.
I just want to do the new raid while it's new.
>>
>>382987396
I know they won't, I meant hypothetically.
>>
File: 1449339504210.jpg (17KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1449339504210.jpg
17KB, 251x242px
>fc member sold susan normal for 5 mil
>>
>>382987285
It's more complex than it was in 3.X, unless you consider maintaining scourge and pressing low blow whenever it lit up to be super difficult.
>>
>>382987141
>They must all be DPS players since the tanks and healers are far worse off than the damage dealers are.
>DRG has like minutes of ramp up and the worst dps by a huge margin
>MNK new abilities are literally useless, on top of their old useless abilities
>SAM shits damage on account of having no utility, because shit like litany is worth 30% dps
>BLM is still an immobile turret that does 0 dps while moving
>>
>>382987524
Too late now.
>>
>>382987524
Whats with this 90k meme? I've gotten it exactly one time during the whole of stormblood, and it was when the servers were really fucked. What exactly causes it? is it a dx11 thing?
>>
>>382987567
>BLM is still an immobile turret that does 0 dps while moving
Triplecast and between the lines kinda help with that.
>>
>>382987537
I honestly can't think of anything that could replace a summoning book.
>>
File: buymygame.jpg (29KB, 215x159px) Image search: [Google]
buymygame.jpg
29KB, 215x159px
What's the most brain dead tank job in the game?

I already have SCH and SAM under my belt. Looking to fill the holy role trinity of netflix-tier jobs.
>>
>>382987742
PLD
>>
>>382987742
DRK has probably both the lowest skill floor but also the highest skill cealing
>>
>>382987742
drk
>>
>>382967461
Cuck
>>
>>382987567

Class identity isn't worthless. BLM can't move as much as SMN or RDM but they shit damage and kill it with AoE damage. SAM is probably over-tuned and MNK and DRG are under but nothing's perfect on launch- they'll get them fixed up. Meanwhile no new healer or job classes but PLD and AST are must-haves while the other two in each role fight for sloppy seconds. Or, in the case of SCH, weep. Healer balance has been wacked ever since 3.0 hit and AST and PLD were considered "underwhelming".
>>
>>382975553
FFV
He's a boss in the rift, right after Catastrophe
>>
>>382972414
this. It's actually pretty cool to watch the improvements in each new iteration. This is clearly kind of new to them (since it's so different from XI) and sometimes they fuck up, like Diadem.

The one thing that's stayed consistent is the quality of the music though, which I'm really happy about.
>>
>>382987560
Why did they decide non-combo GCD DoTs are the devil though, Scourge is whatever but it's weird they're all gone.
>>
>>382987923
>>382987859
DRK has the highest apm of any tank by far unless you're literally just ignoring your dark arts button.
>>
>>382987742
Drk or Pld. War is literally harder than some dps jobs now to maintain dps.
>>
>>382987681

After the latest patch a lot of people are getting disconnected frequently apparently due to anti-DDoS measures. It seems to mostly be happening to EU people playing on NA servers.
>>
File: ffxiv_07062017_024331.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_07062017_024331.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>382981110
>checked my armory to see if I still have it
>I do

Cant wait to glamour it when I play samurai
>>
>>382988073
They don't really add anything to the job and it's taking a button that could be used by something more intrinsic to the rotation.
>>
>>382988080
I'm a DRK. Pressing DA between almost every GCD isn't complex.
>>
>>382988073
They should have just rolled them into other abilities instead of culling them entirely, kind of like PLD Goring Blade combo. They wanted to add more exciting buttons and get rid of padding/"boring" abilities.
>>
what is the least braindead job out there
everything I've tried so far has such a stale rotation
>>
>>382987993
PLD was initially iffy because Gordias was magic heavy and its magic mitigation was relatively shitty but still getting taken, it wasn't until DRK was buffed that it ended up in the cuckshed
>>
>>382988110
Why is the Armoire such a shitty storage system.
You can put the first AF gear, but not the slightly higher ilevel version, or the augmented versions.
>>
>>382988209
Blacksmith
>>
>>382988209
you wont find any. Ive come from games with harder combat. FFXIV has none of that.
>>
>>382975313
see
>>382975529

just finish the fucking story and tag along with him when he decides to move his ass. Don't let someone stop you from playing your mmo man.
>>
If it isn't fun then it isn't worth doing. It is a game after all.
>>
>>382988073

I guess they wanted to remove "unnecessary" DoTs where there was no strong case in having one. Every job had one but it was an afterthought in your rotation- re-apply the DoT then use x- rather than something integral to the identity and playstyle of the class. The logic behind removing it and reserving DoTs for a select few classes is clear, but the effects vary. MNK sucks without it, while other classes aren't much different. Classic SE taking a crapshot and hoping it all works out okay.
>>
>>382988293
>Ive come from games with harder combat.
which games
>>
>>382988330
Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden Black, Ragnarok Online, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Guilty Gear
>>
>>382988080
Dark arts in between every ability doesnt make it hard. APM is a poor measure of difficulty.
>>
>>382988387
oh. i was expecting you to list other hotkey mmos.
>>
>>382988023
Except in omega
>>
NIN, DRG, and SAM walk into a room

who wins
>>
>>382988472
RO is the closest. But it plays more like a high impact action game than a gcd restricted one.
>>
>>382988330

You won't find anything too difficult in an MMO. They're designed to be accessible to as many people as possible.

If you just want to push a lot of buttons you can play DRK, NIN, BRD, MCH, or RDM. They encourage you to always do something. Especially RDM since it works off of procs so you don't have a rotation so much as a priority system that you have to monitor on the fly as you execute mechanics. It's not rocket science but it's at least more fun than memorizing an unchanging string of moves.
>>
This game is doing a very bad job of making me hate the "villains"

>doing sam quest
>Ugestu wants to stop the corruption of the Bakufu
>Sekiseigumi are like nah nigga we need to keep this "peace"
>Ugestu calls them out on it and says they're stagnating
>all the responses to him are muh honor muh family

Jesus Christ no wonder Doma and the rest are a bunch of cucks.

Also, it pisses me off seeing political shit like this because it is obvious the nips are navie as fuck about the outside world if they can lavish nonsense about revolution is bad and purging corruption is evil since the nips don't have to deal with the shit that the US and other western countries have to deal with since they're on an island and the most ethnocentric.
>>
>>382977413
as if it ever existed, since being in grit was always a big loss.

>>382982873
Do you have a link to the file or?
>>
>>382988387
>comparing a bunch of fighting games to an MMORPG
apples and oranges
>>
File: Griever_FFVIII_Sketch.jpg (114KB, 413x615px) Image search: [Google]
Griever_FFVIII_Sketch.jpg
114KB, 413x615px
>>382984930
A Griever cameo would be neat, be it a primal or a raid boss
>>
>>382988582
Im comparing their "braindead" statuses. FFXIV has nothing engaging compared to them in my experience.
>>
>>382988552
Ugetsu has a noble goal and ideal, but the way he intends to execute that goal is to start another "age of blood", which is probably some giant civil war or some shit.
>>
>>382976028
Pretty awful

>PF shitters can't clear Susano at all
>Lakshmi is easy enough but no one wants to stick around for more than one run in a fucking FARM party
>haven't seen either doggos as a drop despite having 40 clears altogether

Suffering
>>
people that make trap parties should kill themselves
>>
File: Musosai.png (853KB, 641x1167px) Image search: [Google]
Musosai.png
853KB, 641x1167px
>>382988552
Yeah the SAM job quests turned to shit real fast during 60-70
I already miss him.
>>
>>382988403
It doesn't make it "netflix-tier" either.
>>
>>382976028
I somehow found myself in the dream group, we were getting 8 minute kills without wiping over and over again. Unfortunately over 20 kills we only got one doggo drop, and I didn't win. Still, 20 tokens is 1/5 of the doggo and the speed of the kills was very satisfying.
>>
>>382988780
>trap parties
what?
>>
>>382988329
From a flavour/job mechanics standpoint sure, but there's no such thing as 'unnecessary dots' from a dps standpoint, they're almost always great to have since the tradeoff for damage over time is they do a fuckton of damage for 1 button press.

Really sucks for jobs like mch who had their best ability taken away and the job they're competing with for raid spots has the two strongest dots in the game by far. Even if they fix mch's abysmal numbers now, they'll still gonna autolose to bard in any fight with multiple targets. Not having dots is a serious mechanical weakness.
>>
>>382988826
never said it was, but DRK is now really fucking spammy with very little thought involved. Only thing that can really set you apart from other DRKs is your willingness to use Blackest Night effectively on people other than yourself... It's fucking sad. They ruined my favorite job.
>>
>>382988683
If the devs had actually read anything about history they would know that revolution is never a bad thing.

The Untied States of America wouldn't have existed without a revolution and America needs another revolution because the country has gotten so corrupt from the leaders to the apathetic citizens that it is only a matter of time before it becomes a third world country.

>>382988791
Musosai really half ass his ideals and was a hypocrite in the end. He goes on about purging evil but when real evil shows up in his homeland by the name of the Bakufo he pussies out.
>>
>>382988791
I just wanted to fight cool samurais like musashi, kojiro or a breakdancing samurai
>>
>>382988001
I know that, but what I'm saying is they already had a boss named Halicarnassus in Haukke Manor, unless THAT was something entirely different in japanese and le koji fox happened and decided "okay this is Halicarnassus now"
>>
File: 1445206368138.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1445206368138.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>RDM NM raid gear focuses on spell speed

Are they fucking high?
>>
>>382988791
>tells you to use your AoE abilities with more enemies
>reminds you to use Third Eye and watch for enemy tells and telegraphs
The SAM 50-60 quests were really good. That 54 duty really separated the true samurai from the baka gaijins.
>>
How are people so blind when it comes to Susano? How fucking hard is it to see if you got an arrow over your head of if someone has one with a TALL LINE above it.
>>
>>382986216
>tfw healer dies and you get every possible mechanic thrown at you
Luckily hallowed ground op
>>
File: Black_Mage_-_FIRE.gif (1KB, 66x52px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Mage_-_FIRE.gif
1KB, 66x52px
>umbral hearts reduce cost of fire spells
>think this means I should squeeze in three fire IVs before refreshing AF to make use of UH
>notice that by doing this I only have enough mp for five fire IVs
>try two fire IV, one fire, then four fire IV with refreshed AF through firestarter
>it works
well this is silly.
>>
>>382989067
>Au Ra Samurai hold their katana like Samurai Jones
>Murosai goes "hurr no true samurai holds a katana like that"
>while his apprentice is literally standing there holding their katana that way
>>
>>382989108
How do you not have enough MP for six F4s with UHs? MP is a pretty static thing on BLM.
>>
>>382987141
one simple thing they can do is keep SMN as is mostly, but make SCH an extra job, which just has its own entirely consolidated moveset from the ACN list.

sure, you can keep aetherflows, you can keep the fairy but you can actually build its moveset around a scholar theme. Give it Helix spells. Use the different Statagem ability names from XI. Do whatever you can to give it its own identity rather than "discount SMN that heals"
>>
>>382989071
Sometimes you get really unlucky with lightning
>>
>>382988938
>revolution is never a bad thing.
I'm no history buff, but I'm pretty sure this is completely and utterly wrong.
>>
>>382989067

I actually had to pay attention during that, it was a nice change. It might be the nature of the class but the RDM fights were piss-easy thanks to Vercure. I didn't even bring Antidotes for the final fight- sure the game told me in ALL CAPS that I would want them, but only the shittiest of shitters would actually need that reminder.
>>
>>382989243
Then you sacrifice yourself instead of fucking over the whole group.
>>
>>382988645
NIN has a bunch of above average execution requirements to do some of their stuff - but mainly because you're fighting latency in general and not due to the job inherently being designed to be difficult to play.

Just jank stuff like having to cancel a weaponskill into an ability at the right time in their opener - buffer it too early or late and you fuck up something down the line.

It's not like you're doing 1f links or anything - mmos will never be on that level - and the payoff isnt even that good vs not caring and just doing it wrong, but it's just neat that little things like that exist. MCH had a lot of stuff like that back in 3.x too, sadly all gone now.
>>
>>382989140
>Au Ra Samurai hold their katana like Samurai Jones
Lizards being retarded isn't news to anyone.
>>
>>382989279
Correction it is a bad thing when the revolution is leaning to the left. Ugetsu doesn't lean to the left.
>>
>>382989203
I have no idea. I thought I did, but I don't.
Might need to test it more in different areas. I vaguely remember being able to do six fire IVs, especially with triplecast.
>>
>>382988938
>revolution is never a bad thing.
what the fuck
>>
>>382988552
It's a samurai genre cliche you poltard fuckface.
>>
>>382989383
>applying the real world concepts of left and right leaning politics to fucking final fantasy 14
my brain is expanding
>>
>>382988930
Man, smashing Low Blow when it lit up and pressing Scourge like a robot every 30 seconds sure was deep and complex.

God damn everyone here is such a whiny fucking BABY. DRK is more complex now than it has ever been. Like, I cannot even fathom how someone could think otherwise unless they never even touched anything except their weaponskills.
>>
Why does MSQ roulette even still exist
Why can't we get anymore 8 man dungeons
>>
>>382989390
My friend is leveling BLM right now and doesn't seem to understand the point of Triplecast.

he says "this just lets me move while casting 3 spells" but I know it's more than that
>>
>>382989063
Highest ilvl doesn't always mean best stats
>>
>>382989071

I see it happen a lot with healer because for some reason they seem to think they're immune to getting marked with a lot of the mechanics during Susan. But people in general just get fucking tunnel vision and are too busy pressing buttons to pay attention to shit happening around them. There's not even that big of a randomness factor to it and you have a good 4-5 seconds to move if you get marked, which is plenty of time to get over to the other side.

>oh hey someone else got marked which means there's a chance I might get marked next. better pay attention so I'll be ready.

Is apparently too hard of a concept to understand for 95% of the playerbase.
>>
>>382989495
Raid roulette
>>
>>382987428
ixal, gc turn ins, that's about all

>>382989023
Wouldn't be surprised by the latter.

>>382989071
I'm convinced they just tunnel vision or they're shit, they have no situational awareness and just look at their bars instead.

>>382989491
It is more complex at 70, but sadly that's all. I understand why they balanced everything at 70, but it's detrimental to some jobs at certain levels in boring ways.
I still think the blood price nerf was too harsh. It being only in Grit I can deal with though.
>>
>>382989575
i unironically support this
probably don't put savage in it though
>>
>>382967461
>tfw Shinryu NM is harder than BOTH ex primal

Can't wait for EX Shinryu
>>
>>382989601
>I still think the blood price nerf was too harsh
I agree. It's so fucking insignificant now, unless you're getting literally dunked by tankbusters you barely regen any mana at all. Susans swings were giving me something stupid like 150 mp per hit.
>>
>>382988552
lolwut
>>
File: magosnegros.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
magosnegros.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
>>382989534
If nothing else, it's plain fun.
>triplecast flare-foul-flare-convert-swiftcast-flare
I love all our new aoe power.
>>
>>382989635
Shinryu EX might just give me an aneurysm dealing with pugs
>>
>>382989472
The devs obviously have no real concept of history in the real world. The shitty countries have always leaned to the left and for "peace". Such as Cuba, North Korea, China to name a few.
>>
>>382970901
I got 4k in all of those wtf
>>
>>382989691
At 60, it used to give 353, now it gives 88 at that level. I think at that level, it should give at least around 150-250. I can understand wanting to reduce it because they're amazing at aoe tanking, but this was too much.
>>
>>382972787
Diversion is literally only good on casters on pull. Doesn't do much for any of the melee
>>
File: 1488983622641.jpg (20KB, 421x363px) Image search: [Google]
1488983622641.jpg
20KB, 421x363px
>>382989491
>DRK is more complex now than it has ever been
>>
>>382989696
Yeah, he seems to be surprised by things as he gets them anyways

>Okay cool umbral hearts make my fire IVs cheaper but I can only fit in so many before I need to switch back to umbral ice anyways what's the point
>he forgot that you're supposed to use Fire I to refresh astral fire

>Between the lines is cool but why doesn't leylines just turn into between the lines after you use it, this is gay
>make him a macro that consolidates both of these skills on the same button and now he loves it

>Thunder IV is so pointless it only has 6 more seconds on Thunder II
>forgets that thundercloud deals the entire timer damage at once and also more time = more tics = more thunderclouds

So I'm sure he'll be pleased with Triplecast regardless
>>
>>382989691
Blood Price has always been calculated on number of hits, not damage taken. You don't get more if you get hit by a tankbuster vs an autoattack.

>>382989783
It's literally fine. It's made up for by Syphon Strike giving double MP in Grit.

The only reason the change was made was to curb DRK's AoE supremacy since popping Blood Price in a big pull gave them effectively infinite MP. This would have been compounded in SB since you can double the duration of Blood Price with Delirium. And even with that, they're still the best aoe tank.
>>
>>382989491
name a reason why it's complex
>>
>>382990021
Weaving in Syphon Strike during a big pull is so fucking awkward though.
>>
File: 1497263960643.jpg (118KB, 512x411px) Image search: [Google]
1497263960643.jpg
118KB, 512x411px
>Lakers EX
>Diversion the pull
>Lucid right after I finish melee combo + nuke after she becomes active
>Keep them both on CD after that
>Fast forward a few minutes
>Get targeted with the big dumb cone anyway
Fuck OTs.
>>
>all these goofy looking katanas like the Tenguto one
>not a single bokken or shinai for glamour purposes
>despite seeing those kids in Kugane practicing with Bokken
I want to beat shit with a wooden sword man.
>>
>>382990021
They could have put a cap on the amount of hits that would restore MP or capping the number of hits per second generating MP to keep it consistent but not busted as shit in an aoe situation.
>>
>>382990091
>Diversion the pull before the 4.01 patch
>still pull aggro
>>
>>382989956
Can you share the macro please?
>>
>>382989023
They both have the same name in JP too, but honestly who the fuck cares. Should have never renamed FFIII Titan either.
>>
File: YFguCWRAk9WYGMbqyoawFh-480-80.png (160KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
YFguCWRAk9WYGMbqyoawFh-480-80.png
160KB, 480x270px
So take DRK if I want brain dead tanking and avoid WAR at all costs?
>>
>>382990219
yeah PLD is the most complex tank in the game right now, WAR is just badly designed
>>
>>382990175
/micon "Ley Lines"
/merror "off"
/ac "Between the Lines"
/ac "Ley Lines"

Works great aside from not seeing BtL's (tiny) cooldown.

Using it first will activate Leylines, afterwards it acts as Between the Lines until Leylines comes off cooldown again.
>>
File: popuko chainsaw.gif (156KB, 536x440px) Image search: [Google]
popuko chainsaw.gif
156KB, 536x440px
ALRIGHT FUCKERS I HEARD THE NEO EXDEATH MUSIC WAS DATAMEME'D
WHERE IS IT?
>>
>>382990254
>PLD
>Complex
DRK and PLD are the same tier of braindead, WAR is more complicated because you're penalized more for stance switching which means you're thinking further ahead than either DRK or PLD. DRK and PLD is for brainlets, WAR is the thinking mans tank.
>>
>>382990254
But muh 6 fell cleave
>>
>>382990090
Not really.
>Gather enemies with one Unleash
>Drop Salted Earth
>Pop Blood Price
>Spam Abyssal Drain until out of MP
>Use Delirium if its up and you have blood for more MP
>At this point you have more aggro than you could ever possibly lose
>Do souleater combo once or twice
>Continue spamming AD.

>>382990067
You have more things to spend MP on and more MP to spend, you have to be constantly spending to keep yourself from capping and you have to be deciding where and when to spend it. Blackest Night is a DPS gain when used properly, so you have to think about when to pop it and on who. You have to keep MP in reserve to use it on yourself for tankbusters, as well as stocking up on MP to use C&S and to DA Bloodspiller if you're in Grit. Then you can think about storing it for burst windows so you can get the most damage out of Trick Attacks and stuff.

Then on top of that you have blood, which you also have to think about when to store and when to purge, when to use it to keep yourself from capping, when it's appropriate to use Blackest Night for more blood, and whether you're spending it on Delirium or Bloodspiller (and whether doing so will then cause you to cap on MP, cycling in on itself).

And among all that you're hitting probably 1-2 oGCDs every GCD. It's 100 times more complicated than either of the other tanks which don't have any, unless you are just ignoring any sort of optimization and just doing whatever you feel like.

But wait, PLD and WAR have a third combo finisher! Which has a buff/DoT they maintain by doing said combo finisher every 3 combos. Wowee! Sorry, I was mistaken, clearly these jobs are much deeper.
>>
>>382990332
you need to know when to time fight or flight while making use of 3 useful combos and and always useful raid utility skills

meanwhile drk can spam almost anything without a huge penalty and war doesn't even have to think about utility

seriously if you can't see why PLD requires a person with an above average IQ level to play, you should never talk shit about it
>>
>>382990021
I am still going to miss bloodbath dark arts abyssal drain spam

But it's also largely to cancel out the darkside change.
>>
Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong because my ACT is always displaying DPS in the 100s even at 70.
>>
>>382990696
t. PLD brainlet
Your job is still just as easy as it was in ARR and HW, it's just overpowered as all shit now with 30 yalm holy fell cleaves. Any idiot can pick up a PLD and do well. You gotta be sharp to play WAR.
>>
>>382971113
>misses
>SB
It's most certainly deaths
>>
>>382990834
well that's even worse
>>
>>382989023
I'm guessing because it's a FFV enemy from another dimension it's okay for them to have the same name.
>>
File: 1384731090595.jpg (10KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
1384731090595.jpg
10KB, 192x187px
>>382990091
>use shadewalker
>still pull 2nd aggro

what the fuck OTs
>>
>>382990639
blackest night was originally a dps loss but math's already been figured out. the changes to bloodspiller recently made it so that it's neither a dps loss or gain to use blackest night.
saving/using mp isn't anything new and burst windows isn't anything new
the blood priority system is delirium then bloodspiller, nothing hard at all.

meanwhile in heavensward you had to position dark passengers, keep old delirium up at needed times, time blood prices outside of grit and use dark dance at correct moments.
>>
When will the primals step the fuck up and act like proper gods and protectors of their people? Titan just got revived by the child kobold, and I would've loved for Titan to cast shame on the Patriarch's methods.
>>
>>382991440
Never, because they aren't gods.
>>
>>382991440
sri already did that with the snake people. So has ramuh
>>
>>382991217
Shirk.
>>
>>382991232
>meanwhile in heavensward you had to position dark passengers, keep old delirium up at needed times, time blood prices outside of grit and use dark dance at correct moments.
So, nothing, basically. You still have dark passenger, delirium kept itself up because it's literally part of your dps combo, blood price is just "whenever its on cooldown and the boss is attacking me", and dark dance was to proc reprisal as needed. You may as well have said "they had to push their buttons".
>>
File: 20161016123922_1.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161016123922_1.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>382991440
You do realize that the child kobold was the one who was controlling Titan, which is why it was still calling out for his parents
>>
>>382991590
Good god those textures...
>>
>>382991440
>When will the primals step the fuck up and act like proper gods
Never, because they're not.
>>
>>382991590
Primals aren't controlled by anyone. They are merely influenced by the mental state of the summoner.
>>
>>382991585
and you think losing that for a bunch of optional buttons and the illusion of resource management is more complex

i'll happily stick to paladin, i swear the 4.0 dark knight defense force is trying too hard to be relevant
at least war does damage
>>
[4:45]You earn the achievement “Mastering the Hand III”!
>>
>>382991526
>>382991653
I'd still love it if they embraced the facade of one--serving as benevolent leaders or guardians. It'd make for some cool shit if they subverted the "primals are man-and-beast-made manifestations of their faith".
>>
>>382991730
WAR is still better than both of you.
>>
File: ffxiv_06292017_030727.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06292017_030727.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>war and drk fighting over who is the best tank
>pld simply sitting there with passage of arms, divine veil, Cover, clemency, and intervention making him the ultimate party sitter

you guys keep arguing. I honestly just consider them three flavors of tanking. pld is all about support tanking and making sure everyone is doing well. drk is edgelord's way of tanking who just wants to go in hard. War is practically the same as drk
>>
>>382992221
Shave the pube stache, it's embarrassing.
>>
>>382992221
>guy who looks like he does gay for pay talking about how great PLD is
You bottom for WARs in your shoots bitchboi
>>
>>382992253
>>382992360
I bet you both own lalafells, catboys, or have pure girl characters. Fuck off, dweebs
>>
File: ffxiv_04072017_194813.jpg (599KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_04072017_194813.jpg
599KB, 1920x1080px
>>382992409
Go away fuckboy
>>
>>382989945
>>382990067
The Blackest Night is easily the most complicated Tank ability in the game.
>>
>>382992221
> pldcuck cant pull even 2k in shield oath
> drk easy doing 2.5 in grit
Time to sell boipussy for food and potions.
>>
>>382992409
>avatarfag from /vg/ posting his gay porn PLD
>playing the canon gay class in literally every game ever created
>talking shit on anyone else
kek
>>
>>382992660
>thinking this game is all about dps
>drk's and war's crying when they die cause they're squishy as fuck
>>
>>382992770
LMAO what universe are you living in where tanks take even a remotely concerning amount of damage
>>
>>382992463
>drop PS3
>ground textures start looking even worse
>>
>>382988490
DRG is the only one that loses
>>
>>382992770
> grey shitter gets rekt by numbers
> WE WUZ KNIGTHS DPS DOEST MATER MITIGATION TANK
Try better cuck, and maybe i will allow to ot,
>>
>>382992863

All the art teams are busy making new Mog Shop shit, no time to do a once-over on all the old shit.

And the engineers are busy too. They're working hard to make new fun tools for the designers to use so we can get more Diadems and have minions out with our Chocobos. You know, the important stuff.
>>
>>382991217
Alternatively every DPS is higher on the aggro ranking than the tank
>>
File: 1498985628840.jpg (68KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498985628840.jpg
68KB, 960x720px
>Play what I feel is like garbage
>Still get Comms
Just goes to show how little effort you can put into something and still play better than/do more for your group in pugs, I suppose.
>>
>>382992770
>PLDs get handed a shitload of new DPS abilities because they did nothing but cry and suckle that their DPS was shit for heavensward
>PLDs throw a tantrum and ignore all the new DPS toys they were given despite being benchwarmers for heavensward because they couldn't deliver where it mattered
>PLDs still don't deliver DPS despite being handed a bunch of shit on a silver platter
>M-MUH MITIGATION
If there's one thing that never changes from game to game, it's that paladins are always the whiniest, dumbest motherfuckers on the roster.
>>
>>382992863
The PS3 excuse is seriously just a meme
It's just imcompetency
>>
>>382993046
>no time to do a once-over on all the old shit.
Omega locations are new assets.
>>
File: Yoshida Wojak.png (253KB, 779x817px) Image search: [Google]
Yoshida Wojak.png
253KB, 779x817px
>>382993208
>>382993192
>>382992863
>>382992463
Stop bullying the XIV team! They work extra hard to make a game you can enjoy for only $15 a month and a cash shop!!
>>
>>382993208

The tools they used to create, render, and apply those textures are old though. We're talking possibly before 1.x Also increasing the textures might somehow make the servers explode, please understand.

If XIV lasts long enough - maybe another three years or so- they might do a refresh like WoW did. But we're stuck with shitty textures until then.
>>
Is SAM the new braindead shitter class?
Can't believe how easy it is to pull top DPS
>>
>>382993314

I wonder how much control YoshiP has over the cash shop. The marketing segments in the Live Letters feel like a chore for him. Like "marketing is making me say this but I really just wanted to say please understand and please look forward to it a few more times".
>>
I am thinking changing sex to female? Whats race is actually good loking without slut outfits?
>>
>>382993515
Elezen
>>
>>382991217
>run with Xeno
>he outright refuses to stay 2nd when OTing because you can survive the normal mark
>he forgets to pull into 2nd for the buffed mark
>die every fucking pull
calling you out motherfucker
gettin tired of your shit
>>
>Every other melee DPS has to work way harder than SAM does

>SAM can fuck up their rotations and still end up on top

>It's ok cause NO UTILITY LOL

Nice fucking game, not even Monk was allowed to outclass other melee DPS back when it had utility
>>
>>382993545
How fucked animations are? Especially on drk.
>>
>>382993515
>I am thinking changing sex to female?
Then lizard's right up your alley.

Oh, you meant in-game.
>>
>>382993515
all of them
>>
>>382993189
I can sense your whining from all the way over here. wojak for drk/ war shitters when?
>>
>>382993648
>>382993449
SAMs the hardest to play optimally - not that you need to play optimally to outparse everyone though
>>
>>382993652
Most are fine. I'd make a level 1 and run around a city with it for a bit to see if the walking/running/sprinting bother you or not, although I don't think they are quite as awkward as the males which I learned to love anyway.
>>
>>382993648
>Every other melee DPS has to work way harder than SAM does
RDM says otherwise.
>not even Monk was allowed to outclass other melee DPS back when it had utility
That's because MNKs are the eternal cuck-class. Even in an expansion where they're the 'representative' class, they get fucked over.
>>
>>382993714
there's nothing hard about managing red, green, blue icons unless people forget what combinations does what
>>
File: 1499136078379.jpg (49KB, 231x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499136078379.jpg
49KB, 231x360px
>>382993751
>RDM
>melee DPS
>>
I've never seen such an obvious shitter casual cashgrab class before SAM was introduced
Even RDM has to do work than these fucks
>>
File: Z14fKqf.png (943KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Z14fKqf.png
943KB, 2560x1440px
>>382993756
"I don't know what I'm talking about.": The Post.
>>
>RDM does high damage
>considered easy as fuck
I don't even care, shit's satisfying to play.
>>
>>382993842
>a reddit guide that extremely overcomplicates explanations for simple mechanics
woa can't believe it
>>
File: 1493000629608.gif (455KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1493000629608.gif
455KB, 256x256px
>>382993751
>every other melee DPS
>RDM
Also do you guys understand that MNKs actually pretty solid right now? I can't tell if you're just trying to keep the memes alive, or if you're just parroting what you hear
MNK is close to SAM but offers Brotherhood, no longer has TP issues and now can bring short term burst

It might be behind SAM/NIN but it's not far behind at all
>>
>>382993802
>I've never seen such an obvious shitter casual cashgrab class before SAM was introduced

Or just made sense from a design and location perspective. Stop being salty over a class that brings nothing but raw DPS to a raid.
>>
>>382993842
>ff14 players consider this hard

You're going to next tell me that just because blm has various "openers" they're suddenly more complex. gtfo with that
>>
>>382991658
if Ga Bu pulled an Ysayle, then he was controlling Titan
>>
>>382993627
just stand in front with other tank, shirk and provoke, whichever tank comes out on top is MT, other is ot and tanks the mark
>>
>>382993842
>All of these WORDS WORDS WORDS to explain run of the mill openers and combos
Fuckley would be proud.
>>
File: 1473058853693.jpg (363KB, 2122x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1473058853693.jpg
363KB, 2122x1415px
>>382993842
>Difficulty: Expert
>>
File: SB Review10.png (3MB, 1151x4880px) Image search: [Google]
SB Review10.png
3MB, 1151x4880px
>>
>>382993515

Everything except potatoes look good. I always appreciate seeing a femRoe in full plate, but that's just personal preference.
>>
File: 1498589355846.gif (455KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
1498589355846.gif
455KB, 210x210px
>>382993802
>Even RDM has to do work than these fucks
SAM is babby mode easy, but RDM is absolutely no better. You have to be actively trying to fuck up either.
>>
File: tfw no.png (87KB, 726x572px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no.png
87KB, 726x572px
>>
>>382994002
why do you keep posting this? who gives a fuck
>>
>>382993842
>Buckley-tier WORDS to explain what the icons already show
>80% of that shit is utterly unnecessary
Who the fuck would write tha-
>Balmung cat
Of course.
>>
the only two classes I see casuals fumbling over in this game is either drk or rdm. And only because they have to think at a first grade level for once.

>drk: just keep your mp and blood gauge above 20%
>rdm: just fill bars to at least 80 together, jump in, use 1-2-3, back off, repeat
>>
File: pldcucks.png (809KB, 996x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pldcucks.png
809KB, 996x1024px
>>382993693
>PLD whining for someone else to make him OC
Fucking poetic.
>>
>>382991647
People have been asking for texture updates for a while. The game is starting to show its age.
>>
File: SB Review11.png (3MB, 1069x5367px) Image search: [Google]
SB Review11.png
3MB, 1069x5367px
>>382994083
Cause they're the newer ones. Also, it's the middle of the night. Go to bed!
>>
>>382994129
>tfw always see SAM who spam Chinchongnipnong super3sen attack instead of hagakuro-ing it
triggers me
>>
>>382994002
is anyone actually reading all this shit

>>382994129
drks without a doubt the easiest tank to play
granted, retards flock to it so I guess the retardation shines in it
>>
>>382989063
>caring about rdm damage
o i am laffin
>>
>>382994214
drk is eziest to play at an acceptable level, most difficult to optimise because muh dark warrior spell
>>
File: 1495474777800.jpg (155KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495474777800.jpg
155KB, 540x540px
>>382993842
There are people that actually believe this too
>>
>>382994214
drks and plds are for babs, this is proven over and over again.
>>
>>382988791
Wait, I'm a level 70 samurai. Someone remind me what the 60-70 quests were? I only remember that you go talk to some chick from the Kugane guards but that's literally it. I could barely even remember the Kugane part before trying to recall, all I remembered immediately was some hyur girl.
>>
>>382993842
Christ I wish SAM had started at Lv30.
There's way too much shit to get to grips with off the bat.
>>
>>382994249
its not even harder with the other spell running. It just tells you to watch your mp intake and manage it with refilling it back up. The mp doesnt even reach zero unless you're absolutely not paying attention to the mp gauge. You'll start being unable to cast spells before you lose it all anyway, giving anyone enough notice to fill back up, which will take only 2 Mp combos.
>>
>>382994305
hang around in kugane uncovering corruption in the kugane samurai police
eventually confront evil apprentice and kill him somewhere in the red sea
>>
File: ffxiv_06292017_025459.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06292017_025459.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>382994319
>There's way too much shit to get to grips with off the bat.
these are the people who play ff14.

Go practice at a striking dummy or do palace of the dead, faggot
>>
>>382994323
the hardest thing about TBN is timing it so that it actually gets broken, not reserving mana for it. Maybe its just because the bosses fucking tickle you at the moment, but getting SusanEx to break my TBN can be an exercise in frustration.
>>
>>382973498
I agree with the ideas here, but isn't aggro on higher levels of play still non-issue, now that off tank can just pour free enmity to main tank.
Maybe there is more need to be in tank stance and do aggro combo at start of the fight, but after things stable down, it should be less of an issue.
>>
>>382988209
>implying I would tell you my class so you can increase my queues and gear lotters
lol get fukt just play a rdm fag
>>
>>382988023
What's your favorite Primal music and why is it Oblivion?
>>
>>382987993
MNK is pretty good but only at 70. I'm not sure about DRG but what I hear here about the 90s rotation of eye buildup sounds like garbage so I'm not leveling that class anymore.
t. i315 SAM/MNK
>>
File: 1499196170246.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499196170246.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Omega first part was far better than creator
Why people so salty?
>>
>>382994475
I think people have forgotten how fucking lame creator was, and are comparin 1-4 omega to 1-12 alex
>>
>>382994475
nero is such a smug cunt. I love it
>>
File: 1496240545832.gif (2MB, 347x200px) Image search: [Google]
1496240545832.gif
2MB, 347x200px
>>382994319
>There's way too much shit to get to grips with off the bat.
>>
>>382994305
You're basically killing the good guy who wants to free the people from the shakles of the evil Bakufo and the good guys guilt trip you with shit such as muh family. When these people don't realize that they're dooming the next generation to corruption and they have the same retarded mentality of well things will get better we just have to fix it from the inside crap that never fucking works.
>>
>>382994369
The game dumps 21 new skills in your lap, and you're telling me you knew immediately not just what order to use them in- but the priority chains, the keybinds, and how to optimise the rotation for maximum damage?
Combos are easy enough, but keybinding and the priorities tripped me up. Doesn't help the skill-names are gobbledygook.
>>
File: babby.jpg (29KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
babby.jpg
29KB, 381x380px
>Look at PF for lak ex
>3 Lootmaster parties
>1 learning
>1 "my friend is good plz give clear"
I hate these hours of the game
>>
>>382987393
Game needs an option to filter by at least 10+ clears. For all you know completed fags just got carried in a run or did it 10 years ago so they forgot their memorized rotation, and can't do shit on the fly so they wipe.
>>
File: reviews1.jpg (81KB, 667x824px) Image search: [Google]
reviews1.jpg
81KB, 667x824px
I suspect it won't hold on to the 90s by the time all the reviewers are done.
>>
>>382994545
>The game dumps 21 new skills in your lap, and you're telling me you knew immediately not just what order to use them in- but the priority chains, the keybinds, and how to optimise the rotation for maximum damage?
That's what I'm telling you. Every rotation can be figured out just by reading the tooltips.
>>
>>382994545
I did know immediately because I spent five minutes reading all the abilities and seeing their combos. It's funny what a little reading will do for people who aren't lazy. I keybinded them appropriately knowing which ones will come up the most often and which were combos. Went to a striking dummy, and got a five minute crash course. I only did this with rdm. I immediately entered the samurai job quest and did all the learning there cause playing it is even simpler.

There's nothing hard about the classes in this game.
>>
>>382994319
I could play SAM at 50 instantly and play it well.

I still can't play NIN at 70 even after leveling 60-->70
>>
>>382987306
Some kind of dildo wand since only literal homosexuals play SMN. They already have on on their head to fuck their other SMN sodomites, they need one to fuck themself now at the same time.
>>
>>382994578
PF works in some weird upside down time.
5 minutes after release of a content it's nothing but farm parties. Then learning and clearing parties come few weeks later.
>>
File: 1471038753969.jpg (352KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471038753969.jpg
352KB, 1200x900px
>>382994625
do you have NIN questions anon
>>
Have I forgot to adjust some setting for ACT? Because it resets itself on Exdeath like 20 times a fight.
>>
>>382994475
Creator tried to take itself too seriously while having goblins with gobbie boom speak. Omega is obviously just Dragonball Tournament arc with fanservice that's meant to be good fun.
>>
File: Scam.png (88KB, 886x287px) Image search: [Google]
Scam.png
88KB, 886x287px
>>382994687
I just wish there was a way to filter OUT things
>>
>>382994614

I'm 90% sure that rating was bought and paid for. No money for servers, NOC technicians, or temp workers- gotta make sure we get good reviews.
>>
>>382994618
>>382994620
I read the combos, and I tentatively bound them. I'm not used to playing a DPS so I don't have a dedicated "stun" button or whatever.
And even with the binds set, the fuck order do I do combos in? Do I use my slashing resist-down first? Or my "all stats up" chain? Or do I apply the dot first so that's ticking while I'm doing the former? The fuck am I supposed to know?

The AoE rotation is easy at least, but singletarget I have no idea.
>>
>>382994727
options > general > number of seconds to wait, increase it
>>
File: aligned stars.jpg (73KB, 214x540px) Image search: [Google]
aligned stars.jpg
73KB, 214x540px
>>382982793
>>382982798
Never mind, I just need to be in a group with fucking brains
>>
>>382994772
What's funny is Legion scored are about the same. Obviously one has way more money to blow on paid reviews than the other.
>>
>>382994778
Go play roblox.
>>
>>382994654
hot desu. I'd love to hammer my prostate with a big fat dildo while watching my egis do all my dps.
>>
>>382994797
Thought about it, but right after I posted that I was checking my settings and I'm getting a memory error that I wasn't the other day, so I've got to figure out what's causing this instead.
>>
>>382994767
There is a filter.
>>
>>382994735

Omega's striding that same "silly but not TOO silly line", just in case you wanted to take it seriously after all. I mean the threat of doom and annihilation from the thing wasn't played for laughs and Biggs and Wedge are seriously hurt. But then you have Nero being a smug shit and Cid making terrible jokes so you can have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>382994778
Are you tarded? You use the haste attack first into your slash debuff into your dot into your 3 stack attack, it doesn't take a genius to work it out.
>>
File: y'mhitra4.jpg (555KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
y'mhitra4.jpg
555KB, 1920x1080px
>implying any other SB job quest NPC is cuter
>>
>>382994945
Damage buff comes before slashing debuff. Slashing debuff doesn't affect dots, so you do Kasha combo, then do Jinpu and apply Higanbana before finishing the Gekko combo.
>>
>>382994915
The filter doesn't let you hide things, only show you specific things, i can't filter out lootmaster parties so that i don't see them, i can only make it so i only see lootmaster / greed only / or all
>>
>>382995000
This is what annoys me about stormblood more than anything, all the fucking weeaboo names I can't remember shit cause of it. How am I supposed to decipher this gook speak?
>>
>WT 3line rewards are worse than everything else
really makes u think
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>382994772
>>382994851
nice conspiracy theory.
>>
>>382995053
By having a brain. You know what a Roegadyn is, you know what Eorzea is, you know who Alphinaud is, but you can't work out what Yukikaze is because muh gooks muh chinks row row row?
>>
>>382995034
Don't use advanced search use filter, the leftmost button. Unselect "lootmaster" from there.
>>
>>382995106
No I just can't remember shlpappa of the tapoopy clan, shino the daklala of hanooti city.
>>
>>382994945
Yes it does.

The DoT ticking while you set up your self-buffs could be a damage increase.
Having the slashing resist-down debuff on the enemy while you set up your own buffs could result in a damage increase.
Or maybe setting up haste first results in the most damage? But if it does, then do I use my DoT straight away or is that affected by the slashin-ajbfiasgerfuihasg

This is way too much to drop on someone at once when there is absolutely zero direction provided by the developers.
Starting at level 30, or better yet level 1 would let people grow accustomed to the damage rotation over time as they slide in new skills and work out how to integrate them into what they already know. The way it is now is overwhelming.
>>
>>382995000
2/3 of the openers start with speed first
nice trips
>>
>>382993869
MNK is fine from a damage standpoint but it feels like shit to play with riddle of fire and stuff like that. And as it is right now NIN is just a better version, so nothing changed at all. MNK is still in a weird spot.
>>
>>382993802
>Even RDM has to do work than these fucks
HAHAHAHAHA
RDM is almost Balance Druid tier
It's so fucking easy it's amazing how much people overthink it
Literally no set up time, you do full damage from the first GCD
Virtually no DoT/Buff upkeep to think about
Half the spells are actually exactly the same as the other half of the spells

You have to be fucking chromosome to think RDM has ANY difficulty whatsoever.

t. 96th percentile
>>
>>382995106
Yes? everything else is just a rip off of western/european names, some slightly more exotic because they're celtic or gaelic or whatever.
>>
>>382995152
Nothing stops you from going into a level 30 dungeon and learning that way if you want to be autistic about it.
>>
>>382995124
the button is greyed out
>>
>>382995087
It's no secret that reviews are boosted in exchange for cash, Anon. SB was decent but I'm not sure I'd give it an 8 or a 9 out of 10 like most sites are doing.
>>
>>382981836
>is aggro a good indicator of dps, or do people actually use those trash emnity reduction moves as dps?
>Trash
You actually have to use it if you don't want to die first because your tank died.
>>
>>382995150
You're not really making your case any stronger here. I'm still convinced you're a retard.
>>
>>382995228
Oh yeah? Well I had no issues with heavensward naming conventions. I have every issue with stormbloods naming conventions, all you're doing is confirming to me that you're a weeb
>>
>>382995219
never mind
>>
File: 1488098171542.jpg (24KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488098171542.jpg
24KB, 360x270px
>>382995187
In playstyle I agree, I'm continuing to play NIN over MNK purely out of enjoyment
I don't get how they think giving MNK, arguably the most boring job, a CD that slows them down
Like were they fucking serious?
>>
>>382995219
Seems like it can't be used with advanced search, for some reason.
>>
>>382995203
Fucking this. RDM even beats SAM in fights where the boss does retarded shit like *flies away with half of your dot ticks* *plants an aoe around me* *mechanically forces you away from melee range*. RDM can burst whenever and wherever the fuck it wants and it's the only thing it needs to do. The window for punishment for RDM is literally the 5 seconds of the melee combo

t. SAM and RDM player
>>
>>382995203
Are you implying any sort of buff upkeep is difficult in a game where they're mostly baked into your bread and butter to begin with?
>>
>>382995203
DESU as a tank RDM are annoying, they start firing at all cylinders. Good ones that are geared can almost steal aggro from me until i finish my first threat combo, its annoying.
>>
>>382994983
She's cute, but Arya is cuter desu
>>
>>382988490
>SAM get its damage booted by both NIN and DRG
Thanks.
>>
>>382995386
>Lakshmi
>first add runs to our RDM every single pull
>he's opening with Diversion
Why didn't SE just give them something weak to do first, fuck
>>
File: ageha.png (519KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
ageha.png
519KB, 500x416px
>>382995386
>get a RDM in the party
>see this enmity pingpong every fight
>shake my head for the tank as I slowly swagger up to the boss and do my opener
>beat their dps and their enmity without pillaging it from the tank
pshhhh
>>
File: 243.png (62KB, 899x547px) Image search: [Google]
243.png
62KB, 899x547px
>>382995220
What seems more likely to me, that fanboys who review the game will review it higher or that a studio is going to waste their budget on rigging reviews from literally-who-cares websites and magazines. Nobody even reads that shit anymore.
>>
>>382995469
So you still don't understand the aggro system in the game? Enemies will ALWAYS go and attack someone if they hit it first even if you provoke them as they're moving.
>>
>>382995220
I think an 8 or 9 is acceptable as is, the problem is the lack of content we're going to deal with moving forward
>>
File: do settle down.png (63KB, 403x402px) Image search: [Google]
do settle down.png
63KB, 403x402px
>be tank
>/cd 10
>all the dps attack at 2
fucking STOP IT
>>
File: 1495321029581.png (66KB, 376x245px) Image search: [Google]
1495321029581.png
66KB, 376x245px
>>382989140
>Play Male Roe
>Musosai say to the Roe enemy that his posting isn't how a true samurai holds its katana
>My character is in the exact same pose
Gomenasai sensei.
>>
File: 1499012672009.png (201KB, 288x413px) Image search: [Google]
1499012672009.png
201KB, 288x413px
>Be RDM
>Open with Diversion
>Actually use Lucid for the enmity cut at the peak of my burst
>Never have these issues
>>
File: 1487137724619.jpg (45KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1487137724619.jpg
45KB, 530x530px
>>382995653
>Shukuchi is slow as fuck so on an early pull I'll always be a GCD late
Pisses me the h*ck off
>>
Anyone else get morrowind vibes from the aura quest area?
>>
>>382995657
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=BmxeS1UvHNo
>>
>>382995653
Fuck countdowns either people are ready to go or they're not.
>M-MUH PERFECT OPENER!!!
Should've rolled a big dick tank then NINcuck
>>
>>382995716
you aren't doing as much damage as you could be
>>
>>382995716
Its a good thing too. I've seen bosses target an unlucky rdm with a tankbuster in the split second he had aggro.
>>
>>382995784
What makes you think that?
>>
>>382995769
BUT
MUH
PRE
CAST
>>
>>382989140
>>382989370
It was a Roegadyn
Also is this barbaric katana handling only on male characters?
>>
>>382995812
the things you said
>>
>>382995653

They're used to tanks using the count down and running in to pull at 3 seconds left. Waiting until the big START! to appear is too hard, apparently.
>>
File: Who might these two be.jpg (757KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Who might these two be.jpg
757KB, 1920x1080px
Now that was neat.
>>
>>382995820
samurai jones = joke name for the roe samurai
>>
>>382995215
Look, it stands to reason that if there's still disagreement about how to play SAM (see: >>382995000 vs. >>382995170) it clearly can't be that intuitive.

Would it kill Square Enix to provide a sample rotation/keybinds or something?
>>
>>382995813
THIS TRAIN HAS NO BREAKS NIGGA
>>
>>382995832
>Maintain my enmity properly with enmity reduction abilities as to not forsake my DPS
>This means I'm not doing damage
Really cracks my kupo nuts.
>>
>>382991217
SAM here
Even with diversion on CD this keeps happening
>>
>>382995887
>good RDMs use the same enmity reductions and pull hate
my almonds have never been so active
>>
>>382995953
maybe stop playing with shitty tanks my dude
there comes a point where if the tank loses aggro its their own fucking fault and they're making a mistake
>>
>>382995953
>good RDMs
What "good" RDMs do you know that you are sure aren't playing with stupid tanks? Or are you speaking from the very depths of your anoos?
>>
File: 1496618859346.jpg (4KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
1496618859346.jpg
4KB, 207x244px
>>382995974
>>382995994
I play with some of the best tanks in the game
>>
>>382996064
"best" =/= high dps

If they can't hold hate AND dps they're shit
>>
File: 1495215419324.jpg (28KB, 402x266px) Image search: [Google]
1495215419324.jpg
28KB, 402x266px
>>382996064
I'll wait.
>>
>>382996064
not if they dont know how to fucking press shirk and maintain aggro you dont lol
>>
>omega is already dead
FUCK YOU I NEED MY V2 DROPS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1488190990878.png (180KB, 321x340px) Image search: [Google]
1488190990878.png
180KB, 321x340px
>>382996064
You have no idea just how low that bar really is.
>>
File: 1488971512707.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1488971512707.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
>>382996101
>Not pressing shirk on that one dick dps who keeps stealing hate
>>
Let's say I wanted to play this MMO because I am out of MMOs to play: what's the minimum amount of money I can spend to get started? I've also heard that you're forced to do the MSQ to advance in the game, is that still true?
>>
>>382996269
You can play for free until level 35, you can then buy a realm reborn for less than $10, heavensward for $20 or just buy stormblood which has heavensward in it for $30. Lowest cost = $40
>>
>>382996250
>Faggot keeps running ahead and pulling
>Establish hate on everything
>Shirk to faggot
>Dead in half a second
>Emnity back on me
>Repeat for every pull
>>
>>382996269
play the free tiral
yes you need to do the MSQ, if you dont like the story you probably wont like the game
>>
>>382994767
So glad I got both of my dogs already.
>>
>war/drk shitters crying out "MUH DPS"
>PLD masterrace give out party mitigation and solid DPS to go with it
enjoy not being taken for savage :^)
>>
File: Untitled.png (169KB, 521x598px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
169KB, 521x598px
>Stormblood is literally moogle quests: the game

Fuck this
>>
>>382996432
what...?
>>
>>382996432
Free kupo nuts.
>>
File: 1490704327856.jpg (219KB, 1890x822px) Image search: [Google]
1490704327856.jpg
219KB, 1890x822px
>>382996445
>Do sidequests
>Do next main story quest
>Suddenly 1 million new sidequests
>>
>>382996497
thats exactly how it worked throughout all of heavensward
and maybe arr but i dont remember
>>
>>382996269
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/39210/FINAL_FANTASY_XIV_Online/

20 USD. And yes, MSQ is mandatory, but A Realm Reborn and Heavensward's MSQ is skippable via microtransaction (but not the newest expansion's MSQ). A main story is core to Final Fantasy whether you like it or not unfortunately.

Level-skip to level 60 is also available for a microtransaction (level-cap currently 70).
>>
>>382996574
Will add that you best off not buy it off Steam if you're planning to play.
>>
>>382996574
Do not buy steam version
>>
>>382996358
>>382996376
>>382996574
Good, if there is a free trial until 35 I can at least get a feel of the game. The MSQ bit seems rather annoying if the story itself it's very long, though. Especially for someone who just started and isn't already caught up with the base game and first exp pack.
>>
>>382996497
unlocking sidequests is hardly a new concept, even for this game...
>>
>>382995872
Kasha combo IS the speed buff.
>>382995170 this faggot literally just can't read and neither can you apparently.
>>
>>382996739
levels 1-35 give a rather poor impression to newcomers in my opinion. Due to the lack of available skills, you'll really feel the 2.5s GCD and the combat will come off as slow.

The best approach to XIV is to simply treat it as a single-player FF experience for the levelling experience, and an MMO at endgame.
>>
What song do you listen to while leveling your gatherers?
I'm stuck to this one sadly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VVSmIYyfI0
>>
>>382996759
Just tell me plainly:
DoT
Speed
Slashing

What order to I do those combos in?
>>
>>382996841
>The best approach to XIV is to simply treat it as a single-player FF experience for the levelling experience, and an MMO at endgame.
Isn't that basically every MMO nowadays? What jobs would you suggest to level up for someone who likes to play healer and melee dps? Buffer jobs would be alright too.
>>
>>382996957
Speed, Damage, DoT, Slashing.

Christ.
Thread posts: 579
Thread images: 107

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.