[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doto, lol or hots? What's your pick /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 26

Doto, lol or hots? What's your pick /v/
>>
File: 1483240968698.jpg (195KB, 1239x782px) Image search: [Google]
1483240968698.jpg
195KB, 1239x782px
>>382964679
My pick is the only rational choice.
>>
>>382964679
stop shilling your dead game
>>
>DOTA 1
For the elitist who can't move past the golden days.
>DOTA 2
For the person who wants complexity and graphics, overall downgrade from the first.
>League of Legends
For the person who thinks DOTA 2 is too complex or because they don't want to be with the sheer volume of Peruvians that DOTA 2 has.
>Heroes of the Storm
For the person who thinks League of Legends is too complex. Alternatively, because they prefer shorter matches and prefer to just have fun with the game.

They all have their good points and I'd love to have some heroes from various ones in the others, but HotS is the one pushing the most interesting characters in my opinion and that's what matters.
>>
Master x Master and hyper universe are better, stop living in the past.
>>
>>382964679
I have 5k hours in dota 2 and I stopped playing it last year. Its just not fun anymore to play a game that lasts an 45-1hr.

lol is just a meme and has no justification other than being /that/ game that you play when you want to be a normie

hots is elder god tier right now because the heros are deep as fug. They are all characters that have been developed for years before this game even existed so they have thicc style and unique gameplay while having talents which are basically a babby aghs every 3 levels that branch out.

Paragon is pretty cool too but they are like in pre omega half alpha mode right now because they originally were going in one direction and half way through decided to scrap half of the game and re work it. Having to actually aim and just 3d in general is cool. Also having direct control of the attributes you get from items is true item building. Feels good. Also every 3 weeks we get a new hero.
>>
>>382965629
>208 days played
you have addiction issues
>>
>>382964679
I can't game like I used to anymore now that I have two kids. I'd like to play DOTA or League but I cant commit to matches over 25 min.

So yea, I really enjoy hots right now. Chill with a few friends and dunk with Azmodan.
>>
>dota2
all heroes are free, more complex out of the three and has a steep learning curve, varied game modes and arcade mode.
>lol
a lot simpler than dota, easier to get into, not as complex. grind or pay $$ to unlock champions. has runes and skilltrees which adds some depth to your playstyle i guess
>hots
Easiest out of the three, multiple objective based maps, no need to last hit, no items to buy, more centered around teamfights, shorter matches overall. still have to grind in game currency or pay $$ to get heroes. Id say its a MOBA for people that hate MOBAS.
>>
just play whichever one your friends play. its not worth playing them solo.
>>
>>382964931
>overall downgrade from the first.

anyone who says this is retarded, also those 'elitists' literally moved to dota 2, the pros that played dota 1 are playing dota 2, burning, yaphetz, PIS, Loda, Dendi whatever.
>>
HotS has more depth than LoL. That is all.
>>
>>382966837
>irrelevant
>retired
>who?
>retired
>irrelevant

war has changed
>>
File: powerful sentai gal.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
powerful sentai gal.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>382964679
the correct answer is MASTER X MASTER

sike i mean, while it's fun, it's DOA and i can't envision servers being up 6 months from now
>>
>>382966191
you should try master x master since the dota/league type mode is literally limited to 25 minutes, then you win off score
>>
File: metal warden.jpg (39KB, 600x675px) Image search: [Google]
metal warden.jpg
39KB, 600x675px
i play Battlerite and HOTS
i used to play league like 5 years ago
i tried dota 2 again a couple of months ago and its still okay, but i dont want to give them my phone number
looking forward to Stukov, Starcraft is my favourite universe, and he looks like an interesting support character
>>
>>382967553
>i dont want to give them my phone number

you only have to do that if you plan on playing ranked.
>>
>>382967725
well yea, isn't climbing the ladder the main "hook" for competetive videogames? at least its the part i most enjoy in the competetive games i play.
>>
>>382967848
>well yea, isn't climbing the ladder the main "hook" for competetive videogames?

no, fun is. the "climbing the ladder" part is where you're being psychologically exploited by the company to keep you coming back. Valve is particularly insidious about this with dota 2

ranked and mmr and ratings and shit in games were a mistake. period. I'm 35 now and decided I will never again engage in that shit, because it's childish, not-real shit that will take away time from your real life and make you hate playing the game.

one time I hit my monitor with a hammer because a dota game went 55 minutes and then my teammate abandoned because someone insulted him
>>
>>382966986
and who are the elitists still playing dota 1? you mean 3rd world pinoy cafes with computers that can't even run a source game?
>>
>>382968000
>one time I hit my monitor with a hammer

maybe you should stop projecting your problems with the game onto others, a lot of people don't have a problem with the MMR system in Dota 2 and guess what, people play for fun
>>
File: 1467491590752.jpg (122KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1467491590752.jpg
122KB, 1200x675px
>>382964679
Dota 2 > HotS > LoL

Dota 2 is the most complex of the three, with the longest games and the most "difficulty." If you're looking for the hardest and most competitive experience, this is it. It's going to take a long time to get to the top level, but that does mean you have a lot of play time to wrack up.

HotS is the most casual out of the three, but is also the most different. The laning phase lasts for all of 4 or 5 minutes then it's constant team fights until the end. If you enjoy the team fight aspect of MOBAs, you'll like it. Games last between 15-20 minutes so it's also good to play every now and then.

LoL is the worst of both worlds. It's much more casual than Dota 2, but more complex than HotS. It has the same aspects as Dota 2, but fully watered down. There is no reason to play it other than wanting to play Dota 2, but being so bad at it that you need to play an easier version.
>>
>>382968016
nobody really. dota 1 is deprecated now and has been mostly dead ever since 2 came out

it isn't really mentioned anymore, the community has entirely moved beyond it

>>382968104
MMR system cannot be played for fun once you realize how it works
>>
>>382964679
Dota is objectively the best game out of the three, but LoL still has its appeal as an arcadier take on the same formula with generally faster matches

HotS is kind of a joke, but it's alright when you feel like totally shutting your brain off and melting some health bars
>>
I feel like all of them can be summarized as

Skill ceiling of possible skill
Dota 2 > LoL > HotS

Skill floor needed to play
HotS > LoL > Dota

Potential fun
Dota 2 > LoL > HotS

Potential Rage
Dota 2 > LoL > HotS

maybe even graph it.
>>
>>382965497
>wasd movement
trashcan.jpg
>>
>>382968331
>dota 2 has the lowest skill floor
once again /v/ doesn't understand what skill floor means
>>
>>382968000
well i don't get THAAT much into the whole MMR thing.
i just like knowing that the other people in the match are on my skillevel, and i like seeing some number go up that represents my performance on top of the fun gameplay
nice trips
>>382968140
i wish Chen played more like Brewmaster, i still like playing Chen but i miss the more complex gameplay that Brewmasters Ult brings to the table.

Brewmaster and Invoker are the only reasons i would want to play Dota 2 every now and then.oh and Tusk is pretty fun too.
>>
>>382968316
>MMR system cannot be played for fun once you realize how it works

you mean you gain -25 or +25 with every loss or win, there's nothing special about "how it works" it's an extremely simple system based on win/loss with no regard for matchmaking, teams or potential skill level because it's the only appropriate rating of skill

you can't rate someone's skill level by them farming all game, farming people for kills or GPM, the only way is win %
>>
>>382966925
here's a pity (you)
>>
File: 1310575598397.jpg (155KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1310575598397.jpg
155KB, 1680x1050px
HOTS is the best, most visceral MOBA out there

League and Dota 2 are snore-fests

Honorable mention goes to Paragon
>>
File: 1437008891321.jpg (1MB, 1489x853px) Image search: [Google]
1437008891321.jpg
1MB, 1489x853px
>>382968415
okay Dota > lol > hots, whatever
>>
>>382968415
you interpreted it backwards
who's the dumbass now
>>
>>382964931
>overall downgrade from the first
retard
>>
File: 1487282534388.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487282534388.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
>>382968331
Kind of related, I made this a while ago
LoL has an appeal because it's just kind of ehh, it's sedative and always fairly neutral
When I start up dota it's a huge gamble on potentially over an hour of my life and it has longer lasting effects on my mood
>>
>>382964679
lol, even if it's cancer it's still more fun than the other two
>>
>>382968547
>HotS
>Giant blobs of HP tickling each other back and forth pushing each other away from objectives
>visceral
>>
>>382968000
This is the main reason why i dont bother with ranked. Ranked in any competitive game is a headache. Everytime i get pissed off at dota or burned out I take a break for a few weeks or months, come back, then its fun again, rinse repeat.
>>
>>382968647
as someone who played lol for a couple years, then moved into dota for good, this is appropriate
>>
>>382968647
I absolutely LOVE equal games in Dota 2 even if I potentially lose, that's the most exciting shit in the world and it's fucking fair. Getting stomped 20-3 by 7 minutes cause your mid is shit is unfun as fuck though because he's costing your MMR, but equal games are what people want, even pros don't like stomps because they're boring. Some people like stomps because hey free MMR, but we all want challenge that says "OUTSKILLED"
>>
>>382964931
>HotS is the one pushing the most interesting characters
>literally just blizzard characters from other games
>>
>>382968726
You mean
>your team gets out of position for 10 seconds
>instant wipe by enemy
Speed of teamfights got ridiculous in HotS
>>
>>382968419
>i just like knowing that the other people in the match are on my skillevel

except the MMR system in dota 2 isn't designed to do this, and neither are the ranking systems in many other games

instead, they're designed to keep you playing, to make you want to gain rank
>>
>>382968916
>instead, they're designed to keep you playing, to make you want to gain rank

you're actually retarded, please stop posting
>>
>>382964679
LoL aram and dota2 custom maps are the only way to play these games properly. I did have a good time in hots, but the games were always way too snowbally. You win one team fight or one major objective it was gg no matter what.
>>
>>382964679
HotS gets really boring, really fast.

Fun to pick up once every few months for a week or so but that's it.
>>
>>382968916
i mean, if i win i climb in rank.
if i lose i fall in rank
if i have a ~50% winrate i am in the right ranking
i dont see a problem with this, and this is every experience i had with any kind of ranking or MMR or anything.
>>
>>382968912
>your team gets out of position for 10 seconds
>instant wipe by enemy

Versus 3 seconds in LoL, and 0.5 seconds in Dota.
HotS has the slowest and most forgiving combat of the three. It's got more zoning than anything.
>>
File: 1486284404011.jpg (1MB, 3277x1942px) Image search: [Google]
1486284404011.jpg
1MB, 3277x1942px
>>382964679
PARAGON
>>
File: MAUI-BL-2T.jpg (111KB, 626x533px) Image search: [Google]
MAUI-BL-2T.jpg
111KB, 626x533px
All 3 are fun with friends
What game will you least get angry with friends in? hots
>>
>>382969038
>if i have a ~50% winrate i am in the right ranking
The issue is it takes an absolute fuck ton of games for you to settle here, that 50% is very inconsistent in a small slice due to the nature of it being a matchmade team-based game.

You can be one of the best players in the world and still lose a dozen games in a row while you're climbing because some dumbass keeps throwing every time.

Yes, theoretically if you play enough you'll ultimately land where you belong, but there's so much inconsistent rise and fall to it compared to what there is in a 1v1 game.
>>
File: kunkka slayer.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kunkka slayer.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382969106
>0.5 seconds in Dota

people deserve to die faster
>>
>>382969203
decent game but the card system is ass
>>
>>382969038
>if i have a ~50% winrate i am in the right ranking

you'd think so, but dota 2 isn't so simple. almost every single user has a win rate between 48% and 52%...literally 95%+ of people fall in that category.

so seemingly, everyone is always in their "correct" mmr? except for a small percentage of outliers?

dota 2 doesn't just mash people with the same mmr together. it's valve's most successful game by leaps and bounds, and one of the most successful ones of all time. there is serious shit going on under the hood with matchmaking to keep you psychologically manipulated into playing and paying
>>
>>382969106
You usually only have to hit only one ultimate and enemy team might as well be considered dead because they cannot escape stunlock anymore.
>>
>>382969339
This applies applies significantly more to LoL and astronomically more to Dota.
>>
>>382969317
>48% and 52%...literally 95%+ of people fall in that category

WOW THE SYSTEM IS WORKING FUCKING COLOR ME SURPRISED

Also please stop fucking posting you ignorant fuck you don't even know how big 48%-52% differences in win rate are. Extrapolate that win rate over 10,000 games and bam at 51% win rate but I could be 9k for anyones guess. Even pros don't have some stupid infinite MMR they get dropped down as games weigh them down as well.
>>
>>382969421
>astronomically more to Dota.

dota from 4 years ago maybe. dota isn't like that anymore now and has even more dynamic back and forth fights than LoL. the reason that dota is dota is that getting hit by the ultimate DOESN'T wipe you. you get force staffed out, etc.
>>
>>382969421
Dota and LoL usually have some sort of way of playing around CC by buying correct items. You can't do it in HotS.
>>
>>382969317
>>382969250
good players are in high MMR, they ofcourse stay there because they get matched with other good players.
and average player like me and you get matched with other average players.
>still lose a dozen games in a row while you're climbing because some dumbass keeps throwing every time.
that chance seems rather low, that every game one of your 4 teammates throws the game on purpose.

if you are playing with people who are bad, you should wonder why your MMR is so low, and that maybe youre not as good as you think you are.
>>
>>382969469
>WOW THE SYSTEM IS WORKING FUCKING COLOR ME SURPRISED

if the system worked huge swaths of people would have winrates over 70% and below 30%. you can't find any of these people whatsoever.
>>
Paragon
>>
>>382969543
>if you are playing with people who are bad, you should wonder why your MMR is so low, and that maybe youre not as good as you think you are.

except if you have a low behavior score which makes gaining mmr literally 30 times harder
>>
>>382969509
>dota from 4 years ago maybe. dota isn't like that anymore now and has even more dynamic back and forth fights than LoL.
How?
Literally nothing relating to that has changed since then. Shrines and talents and general streamlining to character stats and abilities isn't going to get you killed an ounce less from a blink black hole + epicenter than you used to.
>>
>>382968852
He's talking about how their kits are designed. Like, you wouldn't see something like Abathur, Cho'gall, or Vikings in any other MOBA out there.
>>
>>382969689
>Literally nothing relating to that has changed since then

boy i dunno what to tell you if you think that. dota fights now don't resemble dota 1 fights, at all, there is just so much more movement and back and forth

>blink black hole + epicenter
hur
>>
>>382969598
but thats bullshit
>have 80% winrate
>hit your MMR/Rank you belong in
>winrate goes down
>eventually gets close to 50%
the system does work as intended.
>>
File: how to win the game 1v5.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
how to win the game 1v5.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382969709
>you wouldn't see something like Invoker, Ogre Magi or Meepo in any other MOBA out there

blah blah blah, even LoL has unique character abilities/mechanics over Dota and HotS who gives a shit
>>
>>382969709
>Vikings
What is Meepo
>>
>>382969525
>Dota and LoL usually have some sort of way of playing around CC by buying correct items. You can't do it in HotS.
LoL has no more than HotS does, and Dota just has BKB but the game's massive overload of hard CC and back and forth counters equals more in the end even with BKB in place.
I'm not really sure what you think you can argue here
>>
>>382969598
>be me
>calibrate 3k
>get 70% win rate
>get up to 4k
>slowly my win rate starts dropping down to 60%

hhhmmmmmmmmmm i wonder whyyy
>>
>>382969838
>>have 80% winrate
>>hit your MMR/Rank you belong in

nobody has an 80% winrate going up in ranks. even if they're unbelievably better than where they calibrate, they will be at like 60% unless they are a literal professional player, at which point they can hit a maximum of ~80% no matter the mmr difference

dota 2 forces 50% very very hard and evaluates players very very hard behind the scenes, if you haven't played thousands of games don't bother giving your input.
>>
>>382969709
meh vikings is kinda like Meepo.
but then again Dota 2 also has unique heroes, like invoker or enchantress.

as long as we can all agree that League has the most boring Hero Designs out there then it's all good.
i was kinda impressed with ChoGall tho,
it's a great idea, just waiting for League and Dota 2 to copy it.
>>
>>382969930
except you never won from 3k to 4k with 70% win rate. you can't lie to me dude i know this stuff better than literally anyone who plays this game. im the person who discovered both shadow pool and behavior score, rofl.
>>
>>382969770
>boy i dunno what to tell you if you think that. dota fights now don't resemble dota 1 fights, at all, there is just so much more movement and back and forth
This is totally worthless anecdotal evidence and there are a million factors that could be going into play here, like your MMR and the people you're playing with. If you're serious about claiming this, you have to show me what defined things actually changed in the game that caused it.

>hur
When this is your only argument, you know for sure you're wrong.
>>
>>382970094
>show me the entire update history of dota 2 which has changed massively over the past few years with the meta taking huge gigantic swings in what is viable, heroes completely being rewritten, the map being reorganized, etc etc and explain how each of these changes iteratively effected the game from both the previous version and cumulatively from the version i am familiar with

how about you fuck off and die
>>
>>382969979
>nobody has an 80% winrate going up in ranks

This was literally disproven a long time ago and consistently over the years.

http://archive.playdota.com/threads/im-gonna-need-a-3000-3500-account.1398477/

How else do you think people like D3XTR play carry wisp in 3-5k and win.
>>
>>382969924
>LoL has no more than HotS does
Banshee veil? QSS? Cleanse? Probably more stuff that got introduced or I forgot about?
>>
>>382970213
ahh the famous juice thread where one guy "disproves" what thousands of other people have proven

Juice was a top 1000 player in the world at this point so he proved the following:

a professional basketball player, put on a high school basketball team, will win almost every game. Put on a college basketball team, he will still win most games.

how that relates to dota 2 matchmaking that normal players experience, i'm not sure. The juice thread has become the type of thing where your argument is automatically invalidated by mentioning it, because it shows you don't understand the game or how its mm works.
>>
I've been played a lot of League lately, but HotS is a pretty fun MOBA, if not more so than League. I'm not autistic enough to learn DotA2, so I have no opinion on it.
>>
>>382970197
>literally admitting you're wrong
Okay, suit yourself.
If the game actually changed this heavily, you'd easily be able to point out the kind of design that contributed to it.
>>
This poster is actually fucking retarded.
>>
>>382970213
>talking about "carry wisp" shit from over 3 years ago

holy shit THE GAME IS NOT THE SAME

YOU CANNOT SOLO CARRY JUST BY LAST HITTING ANYMORE, LOL
>>
>>382969273
>28/3/15

Same in any assfaggots
>>
File: league of dota.png (916KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
league of dota.png
916KB, 1360x768px
dota
because it's not p2w
>but x isn't p2w!
pic related homo

/thread
>>
>>382967113
>psg
lol
>>
>>382970475
Why would it be different in any assfaggots that a great player has a great K/D/A.
>>
>>382970604
hey ;-)
>>
File: PSG last hitting as Ember.webm (3MB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
PSG last hitting as Ember.webm
3MB, 960x600px
>>382970645
>>382970604
>>
>>382970710
use the other one, i made this one myself as a joke

its the first day of reborn and the server has 1000 ms lag, that's why the other mid isn't there
>>
>>382970626
If you are that fed in any assfaggots a single spell rotation will probably wipe their team
>>
>>382970830
>a single spell rotation

the fuck are you talking about
>>
HOTS is the most fun out of the three, it's just the other two with the boring crap removed
>>
>>382970475
Show me one situation in HotS or LoL where you can wipe an entire team spread across the entire screen with one autoattack that's not even on an enemy player.
I'll wait.
>>
File: psg last hitting as spectre.webm (3MB, 840x525px) Image search: [Google]
psg last hitting as spectre.webm
3MB, 840x525px
>>382970929
you remove the entire roster and put it behind a paywall?
>>
Pretty sure that dota2 is the best game but it's too difficult for my retard hands so I enjoy league of legends more

Hots was boring to me
>>
mobas in general bore the fuck out of me
>>
>>382964679

My main concern with a lot of the other "lesser" known MOBAs and HOTS included is how clunky or floaty the combat feels.

For me, League really nailed down the sound and animation effects of the characters. While the actions in other games just dont feel as impactful. For example, melee hits from Jarvan in League feels powerfuol as fuck from the sound and animations, but Muradin in HOTS just feels like he's hitting you with a plastic hammer

How are games like Battlerite and Master x Master in that regard?
>>
>>382970929
If everything else in the formula is "boring crap" to you, you're playing the wrong genre. You're probably engaging in the wrong pastime too if having to think or having actual variety and character building in the game is "boring crap."
>>
File: Passable Spectre Gamer.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Passable Spectre Gamer.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>382970982
i'm retired now, but you should know this, psgposter
>>
>>382970961
lol youre right your moba is the coolest haha
>>
>>382964679
Hots is boring and clunky, I have no idea why anyone would continue to play that. Even on release it was babby's first moba, and it was terrible.

DotA2 add needless complexity all over the place. The game is a bloated piece of shit because of it with terrible balance.

LoL cut the fat from DotA, but in a strive for balance, they've made the game kinda dull. Most games at high elo tend to be very, very boring. You get the occasional fun game, sure, but most of them are just farm fests.

So I guess all of them suck, League sucks a little less.
>>
>>382971050

Battlerite varies. Some heroes feel great while others feel wimpy. They just released a big graphical update patch so maybe that changed.

MXM is about as good as league in terms of sound and animation. Melee heroes auto attacks feel a little underwhelming, but abilities feel great.
>>
>>382971461
>dota has bad balance
>league doesn't

basically all dota heroes are used at highest end tournaments with usually 2-4 heroes going unpicked lately

league has something like 150 heroes now and in tournaments 50 of them will not be used once with another 50 comprising 70% of all picks

of those like 4 same heroes are picked/banned for the past several years. great balance.
>>
>>382971461
>needless complexity all over the place.
Like what?

I've always held the belief that LoL is always under Dota due to it having a forced lane meta, the shitty summoner spell system, and having character unlocks.
>>
>>382971296
>being this butthurt
>>
anyone who claims lol is balanced is fucking kidding themselves when champions have legit not been played for years in their competitive scene because no one wants to touch them

at least dota pros have faith in icefrogs balance to try certain heroes, fuck techies arguably won TI5 because LOL BAN TECHIES
>>
>>382969709
Blizzard can easily shit out heroes that deviate from the norm because HotS's design from the very core is extremely simple with little to no gameplay variables to keep in mind when creating someone.
Literally all they have to be wary of is
>can this guy contest an objective
>can he clear waves
>okay make whatever the fuck
>>
>>382971883
http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/List_of_Most_Recent_Games_By_Champion

>like 23 champions who haven't been played in a year
>there are 4 from 2015
>>
>>382972297
>comp dota 2 players don't play a hero
>completely rethink the hero and change their skills sticking to the basic idea of what purpose they serve
>comp league players don't play a hero
>"fuck it"
>>
File: Alarak_Heroes_Art1.jpg (52KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
Alarak_Heroes_Art1.jpg
52KB, 500x350px
>>382972048
>implying clearing waves is a factor
>>
league has some really fun character designs.

Yasuo is a better designed character than invoker
>>
File: 1431127382400.png (476KB, 400x668px) Image search: [Google]
1431127382400.png
476KB, 400x668px
>>382972485
bait
>>
DOTA was the most serious, but also the least tempting one for me because I don't want to take a huge amount of time learning a moba. I only play them when there is nothing else to play
League is easier, but the fanbase are awful and the way that Riot balances is shitty considering they knowingly keep 50% complete shit on purpose to appease some shitty meta
HOTS is a fun, but also extremely casual. I tend to prefer it though because it's quick, easy, and has neat kits.
>>
File: 1440003249318.jpg (85KB, 483x389px) Image search: [Google]
1440003249318.jpg
85KB, 483x389px
>>382964679
hots is the only that doesn't piss me off
so hots
>>
I agree with the statement that HOTS is for people who doesnt like the formula of Moba/dotalike/arts/assfaggots
In that case someone should develop a fight of characters type shit
>>
File: 1491482018682.png (152KB, 531x418px) Image search: [Google]
1491482018682.png
152KB, 531x418px
>>382972448
The fuck is his problem?
>>
>>382973484
Either his dick is huge and he is very confident or his dick is tiny and he wants everyone to think it's big.
Or he is just an asshole. Great voice either way.
>>
File: Awesomenauts_f2p.png (357KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
Awesomenauts_f2p.png
357KB, 590x332px
>>382964679
None of the above
>>
>>382972528
its non ironic
>>
>>382969689
>isn't going to get you killed an ounce less from a blink black hole + epicenter
Shrines, with their 150hp/s regen at the 30 minutes mark, sure as hell will.

But only on your side of the map! So don't venture into the enemy jungle if their shrine is up!

Seriously, is it just me or are shrines bigger bullshit than LoL towers in term of shutting down aggression, and yet retards all over the place embraced it (often after shitting on LoL towers for that very reason)
>>
>>382973584
>Protoss
>penis
He could probably mind fuck you though.
>>
>>382974649
>Shrines, with their 150hp/s regen at the 30 minutes mark, sure as hell will.
Sure, I'll just activate a shine while I'm stunned in a black hole.
Retard
>>
>>382974649
because shrines are a limited resource that take time to reuse the same way ultimates are?
>>
>>382974743
>Can't anticipate the Enigma blink in, preemptively activate it and either punish his blink in or significantly mitigate his black hole
>Can't even imagine his team might click on the building for him

Who's the 2k shitter here, exactly?
>>
Assuming you are already playing with friends:

>have fun, no pressure
HotS

>have fun, competitively
dota

>have fun with normie friends
LoL
>>
>>382974859
So it's ok to have unreasonable defensive capabilities as long as you slap a long cooldown on it?

Nevermind the fact that the mere threat of the shrine activation is enough to strongly discourage the enemy team from initiating a fight close to it.
>>
>>382964827
I'm in the market for a more painful suicide as punishment for my wasted life. If I go with self-immolation, what type of gasoline is best?
>>
>>382974918
>Can't anticipate the Enigma blink in
You can't have eyes everywhere, and the amount of times that black hole is going to hit you near a shrine is extremely slim.
If you're good enough to keep track of his position and activate shrines in your MMR, he's good enough to deward and be elusive and he's definitely smart enough to not teamfight next to a shrine.

I already called you a retard, so I don't need to say it again.
>>
>>382965629
I don't really like HotS but the siege tank hero is my favorite.
>>
I like heroes of the storm better than Dota
>matches are much much shorter compared to Dota, meaning you don't have to spend 30 minutes to an hour on a lost game due to shit team composition or retarded teammates or whatever
>heroes actually feel unique because their gimmicks are usually part of their build and not just an afterthought to make them stand out
>more than one fucking map so it doesn't get as repetitive as Dota gets
>>
>>382976017
>he's definitely smart enough to not teamfight next to a shrine
Alright, I'm glad to see you're admitting the massive area denial of shrines is a problem.

Baby steps, right?
>>
>>382964679
battleborn is the most BADDASS out of all those 3 anon
>>
>>382964679
Dota 2 is this: If the enemy team is slightly winning, there is no winning. Once a team begins to win in Dota 2, they win the game. Items don't matter, you can build full tank on a mage and still win, all champs are op, Spectre literally creates clones of herself that tp to all enemy champs, take the same damage, have the same hp, DEAL the same damage and she can teleport to one of them at will.
LoL: You can "recover" but most of the time people just try to surrender because turning it back extends the game to over an hour. Champs are balanced, There isn't a single champ that has a broken ability like "Execute the enemy from 75% while stunning them so they can't escape."
HoTs: Literal garbage. No items, abilities don't matter, the game doesn't matter. No individualism in the game, you could take their whole base but if jimmy the retard is off at top the enemy will always be a higher level than you.
>>
>>382976647
so what, after a shrine is popped, it's worthless for a time
>>
>>382975549
if you want a painful death just build a sturdy tall pike and aim the tip to your butt then jump at it you would probably live about a week in pain
>>
>>382976687
Bait
>>
>>382976647
Calling them "massive" is a huge stretch. They don't cover a very wide area, they're easy to force a cooldown on, and if you get caught by a full black hole + epicenter that healing is not going to be enough to save you anyways. You have no point, the guy who cried that Dota doesn't have hard engage teamwipes anymore has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>382976687
Comeback are very common actually
Ive seen throws happen when the enemy has all tier 2 up and im facing megas and we somehow beat the odds
And also games where we was 5 and they were 2 and we got our ass handed
>>
File: 1356684792526.jpg (292KB, 1131x1035px) Image search: [Google]
1356684792526.jpg
292KB, 1131x1035px
>>382976687
>Dota 2 is this: If the enemy team is slightly winning, there is no winning.
How to tell someone has no clue what he's talking about

Dota has far less of a snowballing problem than LoL since base hero power is higher and the game has more CC, every number isn't on a numerical scale like in LoL, and itemization is based more around utility than stacking stats and making your numbers higher

The catch is people have to know what they're doing for this to really come into play, which leads me to believe you played a little bit at lowbie matchmaking tiers and thought this was representative of the real game
>>
>>382976880
>They don't cover a very wide area
No, their heal radius doesn't cover a very wide area. Their threat radius (i.e. the radius in which having a teamfight is undesirable) is significantly larger than their heal radius.

>they're easy to force a cooldown on
No, they're really not that easy to force a cooldown on, people simply overuse them just like how they overuse fortification or scan.

>if you get caught by a full black hole + epicenter that healing is not going to be enough to save you anyways
At 30 minutes, that's an 825 heal over ~6 seconds. It is enough to save you from many such situations. Not all of them, but it has an impact.

And yeah obviously that guy was full of shit, Dota 2 still has plenty of wombo combos, that's not what I argued. I simply took issue with a facet of your argument that was tangential to whatever you were arguing with that guy.
>>
>>382977926
>And yeah obviously that guy was full of shit, Dota 2 still has plenty of wombo combos, that's not what I argued.
You jumped into that conversation and argued against it, so yeah, that's what you argued.

The mechanics changed the game but they had no effect on what was originally being discussed and that's all I argued against.
>>
File: 1498752273704.jpg (27KB, 377x377px) Image search: [Google]
1498752273704.jpg
27KB, 377x377px
>>382964679
MXM
>>
>>382968331
this is inaccurate as fuck
>>
>>382964679
Hots because games don't take forever and different maps add lots of variety
>>
>>382978548
>and different maps add lots of variety
Too bad it's not as much variety as they lost from chopping 90% of the base formula's mechanics out
>>
MXM. There's a lot more to do as well. 5v5 is capped at 25 minutes and is designed to be a lot more to-the-point, games will never bog down.

3v3s are fast paced 5 minute rounds with a great emphasis on having a good pool of masters for synergy picks and counter picks.

PvE is fully fleshed out, rewarding and genuinely difficult at the highest levels, with actual mechanics apart from just "hit it until it dies, don't get hit"

And if you just fancy goofing off, there's a bunch of minigames to play.
>>
>>382978264
>You jumped into that conversation and argued against it, so yeah, that's what you argued.
Nope, that's not how arguing works. Especially group argumentation.

And frankly, my initial post made it very clear what I was arguing about.
>>
>>382978618
except it is though
>>
Dota 2 is objectively better than HotS or LoL. Not only is Dota 2 actually free and without any of the p2w bullshit HotS and LoL have, the gameplay is way better. HotS has extremely stale and boring gameplay (afk in lane, teamfight at map_objective, post-objective push, repeat for 20 mins) and LoL has an extremely stale and boring meta. Dota 2 has balance, variety, choice, and skill combined with actual fun. No one other than braindead shills, skinnerbox retards, and leddit normies who have to play with other normies would ever play anything other than Dota.
>>
>>382964679
>>
All of them are trash. I had way more fun with dota 2, but I'm playing more hots nowadays because the matches are way faster. I'm tired of losing an hour of my life because some retarded accidentaly pressed the bkb button and lost us the game.
>>
>>382978548
the maps add no variety whatsoever. they are just skins over a set of lanes and an objective. you do the same thing on every single map.
>>
>>382978759
>Nope, that's not how arguing works. Especially group argumentation.
Yes it is. If you're butting in to argue something totally unrelated, you need to specify it.
What was your initial post? The only "initial post" I can trace to other than the original guy is someone saying that shrines will save you from a blink engage black hole + epicenter, which is pretty clearly talking about the original point.
>>
>>382978897

You heard it here folks, Towers of Doom, Battlefield of Eternity and Dragon Shire all play exactly the same.
>>
>>382978789
no its not
you cant even fucking chat without giving them your phone number or paying them

its fucking trash

also everything is fucking locked behind paywall, i tried to play their campaign mode and nope you have to pay like 70 dollars to unlock it
>>
File: 1430533657081.jpg (9KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1430533657081.jpg
9KB, 320x320px
>>382978760
>"Go here when the map tells you to!" in a dozen different flavors is more variety than actual character building, individual player scales and all their interactions, and an actual item system
>>
>>382969850
You do, apparently.
>>
>>382964679
WAAAAHHHHH PBBBTTHHHTTTTT
*shits uncontrollably* WAHHHH ME BABY ME THINK U STUPID ME THINK U GAME IS FOR SHIIITTEERRSS WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

havent read the thread yet but i assume its been going something like that?
I like league and dota but league a little better
>>
I had actual fun with HoTS so thats something
>>
>>382979090

>fight six full team fights over the course of 128 minutes
>>
>>382979164
>I've never played LoL or Dota
>>
>>382966837
>also those 'elitists' literally moved to dota 2
>*HoN

Keep it real.
>>
>>382979090

>maps with 100% objective uptime don't exist
>>
>>382979197

>game is so mechanically broken that its feasible for games to potentially last 3+ hours
>defends these mechanics
>>
>>382978760
Nah, the problem with HotS maps is that for any one map, you're jumping through the same hoops and the objectives are, for lack of a better word, "artificial", in the sense that they dictate the game's pacing in an extremely rigid way.
>>
>>382979325
I have 1600 hours in dota and I've only seen maybe a dozen games go over an hour and the longest one was around 180 minutes. I've had occasional HotS games that were unnaturally long as well.
You're full of shit and you're crying about problems that don't exist.
>>
>>382979121
I'd say we're still a step above that. There are some controlled opinions ITT who haven't gone down the shit-flinging route.
>>
>>382979401
This isn't true though. There are multiple ways to play maps and different strategies you can take. Like rushing keeps by giving up the early objectives. You can win Haunted mines and hanamura by ignoring the objective entirely. Not to mention there are several maps that are very close to vanilla MOBA maps like Cursed Hollow. Towers of Doom is very unique as well.
>>
>>382979736
>Like rushing keeps by giving up the early objectives.
This is almost never viable.
The real problem here is that the map variety really just doesn't add much, most of them boil down to the same general concepts and it doesn't come anywhere near making up for the lack of depth and variety that comes from stuff like true itemization and individual progression. The amount of potential gamestates and things to be aware of is exponentially lower.
>>
>>382979919
Your dumb, its very viable on hanamura, haunted mines ,and even cursed hollow. Pros almost always prioritize taking a keep to early objectives.
Itemization in LoL is very overrated its basically just stacking stats onto the character and there is always a best build. Talents actually change the way your skills work and give you different play styles. Not to mention having two different ults. Dota is admittedly more complex
>>
>>382980146
>Your dumb
>Your
Palpable levels of irony.
>>
>>382980182
Not an argument
>>
>>382965920
obviously not seeing as he stopped
>>
>>382980182
How new?
>ANGER CONFETTI as my Captcha
Kek.
>>
>>382980146
>Your dumb, its very viable on hanamura, haunted mines ,and even cursed hollow. Pros almost always prioritize taking a keep to early objectives.
A. That's only a small slice of the map rotation, and B. if pros are always doing it and it's just the universal best way to play the map, there's no situationality or variety to that.

>Itemization in LoL is very overrated its basically just stacking stats onto the character and there is always a best build.
This is completely untrue, even more so for Dota.
>Talents actually change the way your skills work and give you different play styles.
Items do this too, except you aren't locked into a strict set of orders and combinations for acquiring them.

Please stop trying to criticize games you know nothing about.
>>
>>382980297
Nobody said it was
The irony continues
>>
>>382978961
Actually yeah, I'll concede that I'm in the wrong. My argument was that shrines punish aggressive play through healing that outdoes Alchemist's rank 3 ult.
>>
If i can't pick nothing i'd pick dota cuz it's least casual and repetitive game from this 3
>>
>>382980848
In my original post? Did you miss the part where I conceded I wrong? I did not state it clearly, but I did state it.
>>
>>382981052
I'm not used to people saying something like that without it just being aggressive sarcasm, had to read it a few times
You should have got the hint from me deleting my post
>>
File: shad.gif (768KB, 280x182px) Image search: [Google]
shad.gif
768KB, 280x182px
>>382981052
>>382981164
This was a strangely human ending to a /v/ argument.
I don't know how to feel.
>>
>>382981164
Yeah I know, I posted it before updating and noticing that.

>>382981231
fu m8
>>
>>382964679
dota 2 is complete garbage and an insult to DotA (dude source engine lmao)

league went to shit after Season 2 but is probably OK for someone looking to get into mobas now

hots is very bad but I've played it ~30 hours max and I haven't gotten bored of it yet

if I had to play a moba I'd play hots desu
>>
>>382970961

That sounds incredibly unfun and is the reason why DotA is shit
>>
>friends make me play league
>they spend $800 on skins
>spend $200+ myself over the course of 5 years
>now all they want to do is play heroes and throw money at blizzard
They're all shit and I regret playing them.
>>
>>382982154
>Throw money at blizzard
But getting everything for free in hots is super easy.
>>
>>382982253
Yeah, they're retarded. And I'm retarded for being friends with them.
>>
>>382982016
You have to fuck up pretty hard to let him get to that point. It's also got some pretty strong counters, like well-timed blademail.
>>
File: han.jpg (91KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
han.jpg
91KB, 323x323px
>>382964931
>overall downgrade from the first.
really faggot?
>>
>>382974649
>(often after shitting on LoL towers for that very reason)
I didn't even know what shrines were before they were introduced. they're all right. and I don't give a single solitary fuck about LoL.
>>
>>382973484
He's got a big dick, and he realizes everyone else is retarded or bitchass niggas.

Seeing as how Starcraft 2's story is, you can't blame him.
>>
>>382971461
>I don't like this genre, but I played League with my friends and I tried Dota once but it was hard
>>
>>382979538
I doubt you ever had a hots game that lasted over 40 minutes.
>>
>>382982253
Yup getting cosmetics in hots for free is so easy now.
>>
>>382984512
Yeah, I honestly don't understand why they made it that easy. How will they get any money from it?
>>
>>382984604
Probably whales. Also blizz needed more players and I've actually been playing a lot since 2.0 so I'm assuming it helped a lot.
>>
I jumped from LoL to Dota 2 because i was attracted to the complexity then quit dota and played a little HotS cause i couldn't keep investing all that time in Dota. HotS feels a bit too hollow in the end, sometimes its fun but there's rarely any great comebacks, doesn't feel like the game has that much weight to it.

I think battlerite is really good, nice and quick. Straight into the action. I just hope they go f2p already so the game doesn't die.
>>
>>382984604
Well it used to be insanely overpriced and you'd get a skin with 3 variations for $15-20. But now that you can't buy skins with real money somebody who spends money on loot boxes has to spend upwards of $80 for the same value. And of course it could be much, much more expensive if that person is a new player without characters and junk unlocked so they won't even get shards from duplicates.
>>
>>382984395
Not him, but in QM I had a ragnaros versus ragnaros matchup on the Zerg Pen map, and we kept countering the waves with lava and Heroic Difficulty. Lasted over an hour.
>>
>>382964679
If they put a bit more effort into HoTs i'd play it all the time. I love the Blizzard characters, shame they were made so poorly in HoTs.
Thread posts: 201
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.