[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Itt terrible game design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: until dawn matt.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
until dawn matt.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>Itt terrible game design
>>
>>382961539
>He couldn't save them all
Fucking scrubs need to burn in hell.
>>
File: flash.png (159KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
159KB, 200x200px
>>
>>382961612
Hard to save them all when one of them relies on an extremely "how was I supposed to know?" decision that makes no sense and another one relies on a poorly explained mechanic to survive
>>
>>382961726
>t.noob
kek i saved them all on my first try.
>>
>>382961726
Id rather let josh die than become a wendigo
Fyi this game is gonna be one of the """free""" ps+ games
>>
>>382961898
I really doubt it, not really interested in pissing contests online, but the most likely choice to save Matt is to leave Emily to "die"; which a lot of players wont do if they're actually trying to save everyone
>>
>>382962458
Yes because there was a "get to safety" or "save emily" option. And i thought if i needed to have everyone alive i would need to get to safety.
>>
>>382961898
Nigga I don't think you understand. To save Matt without trying to save Emily, you need to choose "Lets go back to cabin" instead of "Lets go to the tower" when you're at the skytram.

If you choose "lets go to the tower" you die, even if you pick up the flare gun and don't use it, he simply doesn't get the option to use it because you didn't pick that dialogue option. Tell me whats that called if its not bad game design? how the fuck is not going to a certain place related to not using a loaded flare gun?
>>
>>382962684
Yeah, when chasing Jessica you also get two choices "safe route" or "dangerous route"; if you pick safe route 3 times she dies, wooaah
>>
>>382962737
>>382962875
The game teaches you not to mess with animals. So you should never have gotten in trouble with those animals to begin with and you could just get to safety that way.
>>
>>382963129
What are you talking about? Which animals?

I'm not talking about the mooses who can kill Matt, that's easy to avoid.
>>
File: motorsport-manager.jpg (492KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
motorsport-manager.jpg
492KB, 1920x1080px
>>382961539

>Great fun and tactical racing
>detailed staff and driver management

Fucks it all up with a car parts system that removes all skill and makes the game a massively long and tedious grind
>>
>>382963185
The game teaches you not to mess with the wendigos
>>
>don't make a character unlikeable enough that everyone lets her die

thats the problem
>>
>>382963129
You're confused. When they're heading to the tower, they encounter a bunch of moose, if you don't do anything to them, they piss off, if you kill one, Matt slips over the cliff and dies. But thats not the death being discussed here.

If you choose "lets go to the tower" instead of the cabin, Matt will die because he will NOT get the option to use the flare gun against the tunnel wendigo, even if he had the flare gun. There is literally no reason why he shouldn't get the option to use it for that.

Btw, choosing "lets go to the cabin" is just that, a dialogue option, you can't actually go back to the cabin and you go to the watchtower either way
>>
>>382963423
Again, what are you talking about? There is no way to know you'll encounter a wendigo there, and there are literally 0 defense options available for the encounter. Every other character can survive their wendigo encounter regardless of past choices, only Matt cant
>>
>>382963798
if you let her fall you can
>>
>>382963798
>>382963559
Hahaha dood. Why are you so angry over 2% of the video game isn't perfect? fucking autistic weabo why don't you play some more "Panty Quest XVI: I can't believe i fucked my little brother!" ?
>>
Someone is really fucking assmad about this game because this is like the sixth thread I've seen today about how much it sucks.
>>
>>382964009
Yeah, but a rational person will believe that letting her fall means killing her. The majority of players will try to go for a perfect playthrough so they wont choose that.

Its still bad game design. There is simply no excuse why he shouldn't be able to use the loaded flare gun just because he didn't say a different line in the previous chapter. They probably found out that the majority of testers were having perfect playthroughs and wanted to spice things up with random shit like that, and the whole Ashley situation
>>
>>382964079
It's a thread about poor game design, it's a perfect example of poor game design.

>>382964169
Not me, first thread I make about it. Probably being discussed more because of the psn+ thing
>>
>jump before jumping off a ledge
>game says you were in mid air during that jump and considers it your double jump

I FUCKING HATE THIS AND ITS SO MINOR
>>
>>382964385
No it is just one single scenario that wasn't designed perfectly in a game where the rest of the game didn't have many other problems like that.
Hardly a big design flaw in that game.
>>
Matt was a fag, literally who cares.
>>
>switch weapon when it looks like the reload finished
>reload didn't finish and you need to wait for the gun to be completely idle before it's finished
>>
>game has a cheap damage thing that you could never predict
>they give you ammo and health to compensate
>they never seem to take into account that you might not have enough health to survive it
>>
>>382964665
Talk about being assblasted. Did you work on the game or something? Nobody said the game was crawling with bad design choices but it definitely has a few, the one we already mentioned, the whole "lets not explain the "don't move" mechanic properly" and "ashley will murder chris if he tries to kill her, even if she asks him to"
>>
File: Chosen_undead_artwork.jpg (111KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chosen_undead_artwork.jpg
111KB, 1280x800px
>>
>>382965962
I never tried the game.
>>
>set controller down on flat surface
>invisible Michael J Fox slaps his dick on it and people die
>>
>>382965962
The don't move thing is explained fine when chris is chasing you
>>
File: 56467576475846557.jpg (1MB, 1330x1650px) Image search: [Google]
56467576475846557.jpg
1MB, 1330x1650px
>>
>game has floaty, weird, over-responsive controls
>these controls become sluggy and bloated, but still manuver like ass underwater
>game expects you to do precision platforming underwater
>with instant death spikes everywhere
>for the entire fucking world
>and you can drown
>>
>>382968125
No, they always tell you "dont move", when in reality its "keep the blue bar inside of the circle". The bar moves around even if you're completely still
>>
>>382969080
No it doesn't, you just have parkingsons
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.