[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mario Odyssey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 38

Will it be good?
>>
>>382961002
probably, yeah
>>
Yeah.
>>
yeah, probably
>>
>>382961002 I'm extremely hyped for it.
>>
Probably
>>
Can you repeat the question?
>>
yeah maybe
>>
>>382961216
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW!
>>
>>382961181
For you
>>
yeah of course
>>
>>382961002
OP here, I was autistic enough to watch a lot of the Odyssey treehouse footage, and there's a few interesting things they mentioned.
For one, one of the presenters mentioned to save up coins for late game, because there would be fun stuff to buy.
It's confirmed we're getting a rematch at least once with each Broodol, and with four of them, this confirms at least 8 worlds if there's one broodol fight a world. He also mentioned them getting stronger with each fight, which means there's probably 12 fights.
Thanks for reading, I know this is autistic, but I thought someone might find it interesting.
>>
>>382961002
It will be the best game of 2017
>>
>>382961354 Thank you.
>>
>>382961472
I don't mind the thread OP

Personally I'm just happy to hear that a new Mario game is coming in the style of 64/Sunshine. Sunshine in particular is my favourite 3D Mario to date.
>>
>>382961472
what's a broodol?
>>
>>382961002

It's giving me a Super Mario Galaxy vibe, meaning it'll be one of the best games of the decade, too bad it came out the same year as Breath of the Wild so it won't be GotY.

I mean you think "oh it's just Mario, they do those games all the time and most are okay but not mind blowing"..

But then you have Mario 64, and Mario Galaxy and Mario Galaxy 2.. that pretty much blow everyone away.. and that's what this looks like it'll recapture.
>>
>>382961002
No, Mario is super old ad boring.
>>
>>382961835
The rabbits.
>>
>>382962064
oh
>>
>>382961002
That picture of mario makes him look like a creeper, doubly so with the hat.
>>
>>382963869 Ironic that the last numbers in your post number is 69.
>>
>>382961472

In the trailer we saw the same Broodal, Harriet, in the desert level, and she had a new attack meaning it was a different fight but still in the desert level. Unless that attack was removed from the demo version. Regardless, we know there will definitely be at least 8 worlds just from the map. We already have 6 confirmed, and the Japanese twitter said there's more that haven't been labeled on the map.
>>
>>382964094
There is no sense of literal or situational irony
>>
File: 100.png (796KB, 1125x1095px) Image search: [Google]
100.png
796KB, 1125x1095px
>>382961002
Is that even a question?
>>
bump
>>
File: smo3.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smo3.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382961002
It's going to be heaven.
>>
File: 6f5.jpg (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6f5.jpg
23KB, 600x600px
How fucked is the lore going to be after this game is released?
>>
It's a 3D Mario, so no.
>>
>>382966203

what if SMO has more freedom and fun than BotW?
>>
>>382966239
How would it be fucked exactly? If anything they appear to be expanding it.
>>
>>382961472
I mean the official twitter already said that there are more worlds to be revealed on top of the current ones. I wouldn't be surprised if you fought each one 3 times, making there be 3 difficulty tiers for each boss. Pretty sure the names are "Brutals" though, since that makes more sense.
>>
>>382966440
>What if
The games are about your fully exploring environments and platforming. It should have more freedom.
>>
>>382966789
its brootol. It's just a play on brutal.
>>
Alright let's get this out of the way, it's confirmed there's stuff you can't possess, so no one get too excited. You aren't gonna be satisfied.
>>
>>382966440

Not freedom(being able to go anywhere in the game from the beginning isn't automatically a good thing) but it's going to be a hell of a lot more interesting than finding shrines and korok seeds.
>>
>>382966440
That would be a good thing.

Mario 64 had more freedom than Ocarina of Time but the goals are different. You use exploration to help solve problems in Zelda, in Mario:exploration is a luxury, something that you can live without.
>>
>>382967129
Obviously you can't possess everything
>>
>>382967463
That's the advantage of having these small but compact worlds, you can hide a lot more stuff in them.
>>
File: smo6.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smo6.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>382967463
>all those secrets in the desert world
Fuck, I can't wait four months for this. Just give me it now, please Nintendo.
>>
>>382967573
Yes, but there's certain enemies you can't possess and shit. I'm not trying to shitpost, but I guarantee you this is one of the biggest things shitposters will complain about.
>>
>Biggest innovation to the Mario series is just playing like an easier Banjo Kazooie

It seems like it'll be alright, but those who are expecting it to beat out 64 or Sunshine will probably be disappointed.
>>
>>382961002
>Mario can body slide again

already better than all the games since sunshine 2bh
>>
>>382967869
What's the correlation besides Moons not kicking you out of the level?
>>
>>382967869
>Easier
>Banjo Kazooie
You want to justify these statements and comparisons?
>>
It'll be a solid 8/10
>>
>odyssey and botw in the same year
The real question is, can it be outdone? I'm afraid there isn't much to look forward to after this that can possibly live up
>>
>>382967869
Is that the biggest thing you see here? What about the crazy worlds and possession mechanic? Hell, the shops to buy stuff with coins turning into an actual currency?
>>
File: smo4.webm (2MB, 1270x720px) Image search: [Google]
smo4.webm
2MB, 1270x720px
>>382961002
>>
>>382961002
Not that hyped for it but whenever I or someone else expresses their dislike and complaints about the game, here comes the Nintenbro Defense Force

Enemy placement is bad. Most of the enemies consist of Bullet Bills and Goombas. New Donk City specifically has zero enemies at all until you enter one of its extra "zones" that actually have platforming more than just scaling up the same buildings. The Desert Kingdom also barely has any enemy placement at all until you get to to once again, the more platformer oriented parts of the world. And once again, it's just filled with Bullet Bills and Goombas.

Then the hat power seems disoriented when it comes to what and what you can't control. The developers and commentators at Treehouse said you can't control things that are wearing hats, but you can take control of inanimate objects like the power line. But then there's a random football in one of the areas in New Donk City that is literally just there and can't be taken over. Same for the trash cans, the traffic pins, etc.

My main complaint goes for the moon hunting. It's not like previous games where the collectibles are in clever spots or at the end of a section. They are all over the place. Random places spread all over the map, like Koroks. It gives a false sense of exploration and a false incentive. You could literally just walk up and kick over a trash can in New Donk and find a moon. And the header was "How'd you get in there?". Like what the fuck?

I'll still buy it because I need games to play on my Switch. But I'm not dick riding it like every other nerd.
>>
>>382968414
Prime 4 and Pokemon are looking to be the next heavy hitters. Maybe even Fire Emblem for that matter. Kirby and Yoshi are nice too. I'd be alright with Xenoblade 2 getting delayed because it looks a little rough around the edges. Still looks pretty good though.
>>
>You could literally just walk up and kick over a trash can in New Donk and find a moon. And the header was "How'd you get in there?".
I've got a more positive outlook on the game, but this is true and made me laugh.
>>
>>382968628
>Most of the enemies consist of Bullet Bills and Goombas

We've seen plenty more than that. In fact I don't think the demos even had the type of goomba that you could control. Chain chomps, cheep cheeps, uproots, hammer bros, those weird fly enemies, the T. rex, piranha plants. Those are off the top of my head and we've only seen a small part of the game.

>My main complaint goes for the moon hunting. It's not like previous games where the collectibles are in clever spots or at the end of a section.

Lets not pretend like there weren't plenty of stars in 64 that weren't out in the open and only took like 10-20 seconds to get.
>>
>>382968628
Maybe because most of your complaints don't make sense.

Why would there be enemies in places that don't include puzzles or platforming? Why would the most common enemies not be the most common enemies, and why do you ignore the fact that later footage showed that different worlds have different common enemies? And why are you ignoring that enemies are placed in areas to be specific obstacles as well as tools to be used when Captured?

You also claim that the hat power is "disoriented" but the fact remains that there is no reason to be able to capture objects that you can't actually do anything with, since it's a waste of time. And the whole point is to use the hat and try your capture ability on everything to see what works and doesn't. This complaint makes no sense.

The moons are not "all over the place". There are more moons, and you will likely be able to stumble upon them, but the incentive to explore and find them has not been explained yet, so this complaint is both premature and baseless. The moons shown so far are given as quest fulfillment, beating certain obstacles as a reward, as destinations, and for finding a secret.
>>
File: Moons.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Moons.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382961002
>>
>thread full of discussion and no shitposting
Am I on /v/?
>>
File: Nintendo's E3 Conference.jpg (26KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo's E3 Conference.jpg
26KB, 500x386px
No.
>>
File: 1499309983782.jpg (83KB, 1024x655px) Image search: [Google]
1499309983782.jpg
83KB, 1024x655px
>>382961002
It will be good, but it won't sell as much as Crash.
>>
>>382969779
No your on bizarro /v/
>>
>>382969645
I want to know why you need so many moons, such as if they unlock more fuel to travel to further countries, if they unlock more items to buy, or something else as well.
>>
>>382969779
>>382969836
>>382969896
Like clockwork
>>
>>382968673

Crazy how Nintendo is making a huge comeback. Makes you wonder what they will do after Prime 4, Pokemon Switch, and Fire Emblem Switch. Maybe Smash 5, Donkey Kong, and the revival of a dead series like F-Zero?
>>
obviously
>>
>>382970472
The "comeback" is relative; They are doing better than they did with the Wii U but that isn't saying anything. Prime 4 will probably be Other M 2 and Pokemon has never actually been good.

They'll survive making their toys for kids and simpletons but they will never be a real player like they used to be.
>>
>>382961002
It's a mainline Mario game, being good is the standard, if it doesnt blow your mind is when the problem starts
>>
>>382970472
It's almost surreal. After the fiasco that was the Wii U, I thought Nintendo forgot how to make good games.
>>
>>382969465
>Why would there be enemies in places that don't include puzzles or platforming?
The entirety of New Donk City is a platformer's wet dream. For there to be no enemies and then a bunch of spread out all around, there's no challenge. There is no fight to get it, no suspense. You just walk up to the moon and grab it.

> why do you ignore the fact that later footage showed that different worlds have different common enemies?
Because almost every fucking world had goombas and bullet bills running around? Of course I'm not denying that there will be more but we haven't seen anything new. It's the same common enemies that we are used to that can be taken advantage of even more now that we can actually control them.

>And why are you ignoring that enemies are placed in areas to be specific obstacles
I'm not ignoring it I'm saying that's fucking dumb. There is no point in a huge open world if enemies are only going to be dedicated to certain smaller areas across the world. The enemies should be spread out more commonly and naturally, rather than just placement for exploitation.

> fact remains that there is no reason to be able to capture objects that you can't actually do anything with
There is no reason to be able to take over the powerline as it doesn't add anything besides scaling up and down the buildings, which you can already do with the added hat abilities and the simple easy wall to wall platforming the buildings have. Taking over the trash can, blending in with the trash to get past enemies, is a creative Nintendo way of doing things, but they didn't. The football could be taken over, thrown by a human, so you can cross more ground around the city. This kind of creative thinking is what you would expect from Nintendo. Not random item placement for no reason.

>The moons are not "all over the place".
Yes they are. Some gaming outlets even emphasize how often you find moons.

The fucking band members give you moons just for talking to them.
>>
>382970683
Not even worth a (you).
>>
>>382969985
They're probably like Stars, you need them to unlock Bowser fights.

The stages are supposed to be largely open world so I wager most maps are open to you from the get-go and you can only advance from one set of stages once you beat Bowser for that area, like in SMG.
>>
>>382970989
New Donk is going to be the first world. If it isn't obvious enough by how there aren't any enemies, and there's all sorts of ways to check out mario's new moves, there's also the map that tells you really basic things compared to the other maps. It's virtually a tutorial level.
>>
File: smo-sherm.jpg (215KB, 1200x1100px) Image search: [Google]
smo-sherm.jpg
215KB, 1200x1100px
>Wario has changed
>>
>>382971042
>being this mad

Sorry if if I'm not hyped because of the number 4 after getting 5 years of completely mediocre titles and nothing burgers from them.
>>
>>382971241
>New Donk is going to be the first world
Not that anon but It's the exact same for the Desert and the Forest. Shit only gets serious when you get to a certain part of the map where all the enemies start spawning for some reason, but then you realize at that point you are just a few steps away from the boss battle.

That is very bad game design.
>>
>>382971241
It doesn't matter if it's the first world. Not even previous 3D Marios were this bad.

But maybe that's because not every 3D Mario was trying to be a Breath of The Wild but for platformers.
>>
>>382971241
They wouldn't hype up a game for open world that only offers you one map to start in, would they?
>>
>>382971435
That's not true. Those ghost skeleton guys spawn near the town at night.

Honestly these are some really dumb nitpicks.
>>
>>382971435
This literally isn't true. How much footage did you actually watch?
>>
>>382970989
>Because almost every fucking world had goombas and bullet bills running around? Of course I'm not denying that there will be more but we haven't seen anything new.

This is just not true. I've already seen a few enemies that haven the appeared in any other Mario game.
>>
Just look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92phCwLJVw&t=6s

They don't run into a single enemy until 9 minutes into the run, and they run right past every single one of them because they are just ghost fodder. There wasn't a single stunt of platforming, or hell even anything more than basic baby platforming until they got to New Donk City, 15 minutes in, and still not a single fucking enemy in sight until 19 minutes into the fucking playthrough. How the actual fuck do you defend that? It's bad. I can't even remember how many moons the guy found, because it's like he found one every turn.
>>
>>382972049
Which ones? Only ones I seen are those colorful prickly things and the ghost skullies.
>>
File: SMO7.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SMO7.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1496872231048.gif (7KB, 80x160px) Image search: [Google]
1496872231048.gif
7KB, 80x160px
>>382971281
underrated
>>
>>382972186
Dude it literally opens up with platforming and Mario dodging enemy obstacles literally what are you complaining about.
>>
>>382972186
>one puzzle area and the world's town don't have enemies
0/10 game
>>
>>382972258
The uproot, cooking birb, sherm and stingbees
>>
>>382970683

I don't know, man. It's looking like the highest rated games this year will be Breath of the Wild and potentially Super Mario Odyssey. Plus, games people have been clamoring for are on the horizon. If anything, Nintendo has a lot of momentum going for them. We just have to see if they capitalize on it.

>>382970813

Yes, it's unbelievable how well Nintendo has been doing this year. The Switch will already have a solid library by the end of the year and it only came out in March. Maybe Nintendo is finally learning from their mistakes.
>>
File: SMO8.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SMO8.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382972186
Not to be a downer but that's not exactly the game designer's fault if it takes a long time to run into enemies. That's more a conscious decision set by the development team. The game designer just manages how the game functions. I don''t think you can blame the game design in Breath of the Wile for empty landscapes, you know?
>>
>>382961002
Doesn't matter since I won't be able to play it since FUCKING AMAZON HASN'T LISTED ANY SYSTEMS AT RETAIL PRICE FOR 7 FUCKING WEEKS NOW
>>
>>382972589
I would expect a Zelda game to have high ratings, but let's not pretend that there are games like Horizon Zero Dawn that have sold just as well and are as highly rated and it doesn't have the biggest name in gaming helping it.

When your best game from your biggest franchise can only do as well as a literal nobody new title you aren't doing that well.
>>
>>382972464
>literally
>literally
Please go away tumblr
>>
File: 1499299652079.jpg (13KB, 206x235px) Image search: [Google]
1499299652079.jpg
13KB, 206x235px
>>382968628
>"Not that hyped for it but whenever I or someone else expresses their dislike and complaints about the game, here comes the Nintenbro Defense Force"
Not fifteen minutes later:
>"Maybe because most of your complaints don't make sense."
>"Lets not pretend like there weren't plenty of stars in 64 that weren't out in the open and only took like 10-20 seconds to get."
>>
>>382972736
>can't even come up with a rebuttal so just says they're from tumblr
Fuck off.
>>
>>382972727
You know what always bothered me about console warz. Its always about sales and money and profits and numbers. If a game is good, its good. It doesnt matter how "successful" it is. That's second to the actual game/systemp
>>
>>382972186
Where do they find people who are this bad at video games?
>>
>>382972861
Is there a problem for people to have different opinions than him? Or are you just a shitposter who came in to ruin the thread?
>>
>>382972932
Well the other metric is (((journalism))) and (((scores))) which are arguably more bullshit. Money is what makes shit happen.
>>
>>382972861
>My points are infalliable and no one can contest them

I don't think they guy needs you to suck his dick
>>
File: 1497489057183.png (16KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497489057183.png
16KB, 250x300px
>>382972861
>Hurrrrrrrr they specifically addressed his complaints instead of insulting him and calling him a hater like he claimed, that means they're being the NDF

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>382972680
So relying on online stores. Just go to various physical places and you're bound to find one. I swear people check one online place and think out of stock means everywhere.
>>
>>382972186
WHERE ARE THE ENEMIES?!

And I mean most Mario enemies can be killed just by stepping on them, so calling them fodder is kinda redundant when they're all fodder.

Hell in Bomb omb battfield, there are like 6 enemies tops. You're really making it out to be a bigger issue than it is my man.
>>
File: 1485244362047.gif (795KB, 389x279px) Image search: [Google]
1485244362047.gif
795KB, 389x279px
>>382972680
>tfw found the last one while at my local Target
>>
>>382961002
I don't know, it's not out yet
>>
Too bad crash remastered made odyssey irrelevant.
DOA.
>>
>>382972727

No, Horizon Zero Dawn did exceptionally well for a brand new IP. It does help a little that Sony pushed Horizon and there was plenty of advertisement. We will have to see in the future, though. I imagine Zelda will continuing selling since it's the must have Switch title while Horizon slowly fizzles until the GOTY edition comes out.

Regardless, Nintendo is performing much better compared to the Wii U days. Those were dark times for the company.
>>
>>382966239
>Koizumi ever fucking up lore
It's just going to get deeper.
>>
>>382973564

Ehm, ignore the No in my post...
>>
>>382973564
>Regardless, Nintendo is performing much better compared to the Wii U days. Those were dark times for the company.

Which again is my point, that this comeback feels bigger than it is only because of how tremendously bad the Wii U was. They are still doing worse than almost every other period in their history.
>>
File: eto2d-sombrero.png (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eto2d-sombrero.png
83KB, 500x500px
GOTY desu

I hope they have his military gear as an outfit and more old/classic characters like Pauline, maybe Stanley the Bugman in the Steam Gardens?
>>
>>382973564
splatoon numbers are what I consider doing "exceptionally well for a brand new IP"
HZD was popular only with nu-males and SJWs.
>>
>>382973675
>They are still doing worse than almost every other period in their history.
They are on track to beat wii numbers. Put down the crack pipe.
>>
File: 1329536490474.jpg (104KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1329536490474.jpg
104KB, 515x515px
>>382973693
>Sales numbers for both games are almost identical
>But HZD's sales are bad because it's not Nintendo and I don't like it
>>
>>382973793
>on track

Call me when it actually does.
>>
>>382973476
>>
>>382973821
>>Sales numbers for both games are almost identical
lol. what's your source on this, fucking neogaf?
>>
>>382973476
Go back to you SPIN SPIN WHOA machine.
>>
>>382973908
>Nintendo is in one of their worst periods in history
>Actually their new console is one of their best selling in history
>BUT IS IT THEIR ABSOLUTE BEST??!!? CALL ME WHEN IT IS THEIR ABSOLUTE BEST YEAR!!!
Just wow
>>
Sonic Mania and Forces will be better. Solely because they'll be judged properly rather than being dick sucked by everyone and their mother.

3D Mario games are highly overrated. 2D Mario shouldn't even be a thing anymore after how bad Nintendo treated that.
>>
>>382973693
HZD is one of the best selling PS4 games.
>>
>>382974045
>Actually their new console is one of their best selling in history

Got a source on that hot claim?
>>
>>382974230
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/811590/Nintendo-Switch-update-news-Wii-sales-figures-Monster-Hunter-XX
>>
>>382974179
>Sonic Mania and Forces will be better because Sonic games are worse than mario game since and mario games get more praise

Basically
>>
File: 1448214231189.png (380KB, 376x519px) Image search: [Google]
1448214231189.png
380KB, 376x519px
>>382972927
>filename

kys kid
>>
File: 1444993320950.jpg (365KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1444993320950.jpg
365KB, 2000x1087px
>>382974316
>2 months of data
>>
>>382973675

True, I don't think Nintendo will ever pull Wii or DS sales for a long time if ever again. One step at a time, I suppose. If anything, the Switch can at least get them back into the game again.

>>382973693

Anon, it's still one of the most successful launches on the PS4. That's impressive for a new IP coming into the middle of a console's lifespan like with Splatoon. I sure as hell was impressed. Horizon looked boring then and it still does now in my opinion.
>>
>>382974582
>still can't come up with a rebuttal
>kys
hahahahahahahaha
>>
rip thread?
>>
File: Super_Mario_Odyssey_Atlas.jpg (193KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Mario_Odyssey_Atlas.jpg
193KB, 1200x1200px
>mushroom-shaped island
>>
>>382975167
The circlejerk ended and people started offering actual criticisms of Nintendo so people fucked off to make a new circlejerk thread.
>>
>>382974586
Sorry I couldn't find newer numbers. The trend has only increased since then.
I assume you haven't been keeping up if you're this smug about it. Blissfully unaware of reality.....
>>
>>382969896
Look, I love Crash, but he doesn't have nearly the brand power as Mario. Until the N. Sane Trilogy announcement last year, his series had been dead for a good decade.
>>
File: 1468997178420s.jpg (8KB, 249x181px) Image search: [Google]
1468997178420s.jpg
8KB, 249x181px
>>382970683
>Prime 4 will probably be Other M 2
How the fuck did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>382975512
Because unlike Nintendo Sony relies on quality gameplay instead of just name recognition. This is why there is no Sony equivalent to Super Mario 78.
>>
File: 1499269103617.gif (3MB, 660x520px) Image search: [Google]
1499269103617.gif
3MB, 660x520px
I remember someone saying that all the promo materials gave them a serious Sonic 06 vibe, and I have to agree.

It doesn't look or feel like a Mario game. Maybe it's the world themes all being bland, maybe it's the bizarre gimmick that sounds like it will be more annoying to play with than fun. I just have a gut feeling this game will not be fondly remembered.
>>
>>382975678
Sony didn't even work on N Sane Trilogy though
>>
>>382973821
>Sales are almost identical
It took 3 months for Horizon to hit what, 2.5 or 3 million? Zelda hit 3.8 million in the first month. It has a 60-80% attach rate on Switch.
>>
>>382975903
Yeah I'm not seeing it. It literally feels like a Sunshine game to me but with a different theme.
>>
>>382966440
/v/ will implode within itself with the shitposting alone
>>
>>382973476
>beta version of temple run
>relevant
haha whoa
>>
>>382975903
>Maybe it's the world themes all being bland
I don't understand this meme. Every world shown so far has been unique.
>>
>>382975226
If you call childish sensationalism and hyperbole actual criticism then there is something wrong with your mental state
>>
>>382975903
Hey, you know why Sonic 06 was bad? It wasn't because of the contrast between the titular hedgehog and the environments or the blandness of said environments, it's because the controls were horrendous, it was a bugged mess and it was rushed and unfinished. Did you see Mario falling through the Earth's surface in any of the gameplay videos? Were there any game-breaking glitches caught on tape? No, there wasn't.
>>
>>382975678
Crash hasn't been a Sony property for years, man.

Not only that, but I doubt you even fucking played the originals and are just dickriding the hype because "OMG PEESFURR DA GAMERZ REVOLUTION!!"
>>
>>382975678

>It's because of brand recognition!
>It's because there's nothing else to play!

It's almost as if the brands are recognized because the quality of the games has been consistently good for 3 decades.

Crash was a huge seller in the late 90s, then they stupidly let the series die and released a bunch of mediocre games.
>>
>>382961931
Are you 11?
>>
File: 1448214231381.png (415KB, 493x575px) Image search: [Google]
1448214231381.png
415KB, 493x575px
Mario will always dominate because of who he is. In my opinion Mr. Video Game is just a side hussle. Mario sells because his character is non-degenerate and has a sense of humor that while seemingly is cheesy is pretty witty. He appeals to everyone. Being edgy or, appealing to a niche user base kills the series. Note how every Nintendo character has a minimal personality (besides FE/RPG's), it's for reliability. Link, Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Starfox; you're a do gooder who is up against power they don't understand, but proceed with confidence and win because of your "heroic spirit. In essence, they promote non-degeneracy and that is why they remain so powerful. /pol/ wins again.
>>
>>382961002
>Will it be good?

Odyssey, yessy
>>
>>382978756
>they promote non-degeneracy
>>
File: 1481495340387.png (665KB, 770x568px) Image search: [Google]
1481495340387.png
665KB, 770x568px
>>382978756
>>
>>382967869
your analysis of video games is pure cancer and you should honestly do us all a favor unironically and shut up.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.