[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game underrated or overrated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: smb.png (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
smb.png
11KB, 318x159px
Is this game underrated or overrated?
>>
It's a very good game for its time.

That's the truth, anything less is underrating and anything more is overrating.
>>
>>382958759
I find it unique in that it's the only Mario game that's actually hard with the exception of the old arcade games.
>>
>>382959207
The sequel is much harder.
>>
false dichotomy
>>
>>382958759

Underrated. It's actually superior to 3 and World.
>>
>>382959789
How? You can only go right.
>>
>>382959337
The real sequel or the US sequel?
>>
>>382960395
not him but the real sequel
the U.S. sequel was easier
I was actually able to beat it
>>
>>382958938
>for its time
Its still a good game.
>>
>>382960301
exactly
>>
>>382960563
Now that I think about it, I was wrong, it IS still a good game.

It's a shame that it's still a good game because that means the current technology has not really outdated everything yet.
>>
>382960395
The real sequel is twice as hard as SMB and probably the hardest Mario game.

I like it though, I think all sequels should be a little bit harder than the original.
>>
>>382960301
The point of these games to is move the character from point A to B. Going in the opposite direction is literally counterproductive. Why would you want to do that?
>>
>>382958759
>Blue sky
>>
>>382961173
To collect all stuff.
>>
>>382960301

So what's the big deal? The focus on SMB is pure platforming fun and level design. I honestly find 3 way too gimmicky in comparison, with all the dumb powerups and level concepts that are actually kind of boring. Give me straight platforming over tanooki suits, pipe mazes or airships any day
>>
>>382958759
It's neither underrated nor overrated. People recognize its place in video game history but no one is shilling the game 24/7. It is where it should be.
>>
>>382961428
They already gave you that. Twice.

A company has to take risks and advance innovation.
>>
>>382958759
It's underrated by the "it didn't age well" people.
A bit overrated by people who thinks it invented platformers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.