[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ornstein and Smough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1092.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1092.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
This is my first play through of dark souls and I've hit a very real wall with ornstein and Smough. I've never friended souls before now but should I start? Do I wait till I have a plus ten weapon to try and beat them again? Is the black knights sword a valid weapon since it does so much damage?
>>
File: 1419920772441.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
1419920772441.gif
3MB, 300x236px
Light equip load
any 1-handed weapon
kill ren, then stimpy

the rest is practice
>>
File: FrozoneKSI.jpg (124KB, 581x579px) Image search: [Google]
FrozoneKSI.jpg
124KB, 581x579px
>>382954165
Drake and Josh are weak to fire
Also I beat Pikachu and snorlax on my first go, I would like to proudly show my dick size
>>
Summon sun man
>>
>>382954165
If you don't have a weapon of choice by now you're never gonna make it
>>
Any multiple-boss encounter is designed to be fought with multiple players.

I tryharded and beat them solo one time, just to prove it to myself, but I will never, ever do it again.

It's more fun to summon retards and watch them die anyways.

Same principle applies to Pontiff Sulyvahn, or lmao5gargoyles.
>>
>>382956292
You're a faggot if you summoned for Darklurker.
>>
>>382956292
yeah summoning people is really just to use them for decoys
>>
>>382956385
Darklurker was legitimately favorite dark souls boss, beat him solo.
>>
>>382956968
Good on you, and good taste m8.
>>
>>382954165
Summon sunbro and kill ornstein quickly.
>Kill Ornstein
>Cutscene
>Stay close behind Smough and back off when he's about to explode.
you'll be good.
>>
>>382956385
>You're a faggot if you summoned for Darklurker.
Actually beat him solo on the first try. Didn't even realize until afterward that I cheesed him :(

>Stay as far away from him as physically possible.
>The only moves he will do are the lazer, or the massive orbs.
>Run in and whack him a few times while he's channeling the lazer.
>Rinse and repeat
>>
>>382954165
They're honestly not that hard if you know how to deal with them. Just run around in circles until the duo are seperated enough that you could attack one of them without getting punished by the other. Neither Ornstein or Smough actually hit very hard themselves, so I usually stack poise which allows me to trade some blows. Also the pillars are your best friend, use them. I had much more trouble with Artorias and Kalameet since they hit extremely hard even with heavy armor.
>>
>>382954165
my first playthrough I spent at least 8 hours trying that boss over a few days
on ng+ beat them on 2nd try tho
>>
File: queelag's furysword.jpg (170KB, 949x468px) Image search: [Google]
queelag's furysword.jpg
170KB, 949x468px
Get this weapon, upgrade it a bit if you can
>>
>>382957404
Yeah, smough gets stuck on the pillars very easily
>>
>>382957571
Oh god.
This sword right here my niggas.
It's like Drake Sword 2.0
Makes half the game a joke if you keep 10 humanity.

Absolute best weapon available for killing 4kings to make a SL 10 Dickwraith
>>
File: 00.png (11KB, 107x85px) Image search: [Google]
00.png
11KB, 107x85px
>>382957785
Even at 00 it's breddy gud
Fast attacks, good side range, fire
>>
>>382954165
I know what you feel OP, the first time I fought them it took me around 20-25 hours to beat them. Had no humanities so no summoning. Grind some black knights, lvl up a bit, and then like >>382954479 said
Next playthrough they won't be that hard
>>
Always summon sun bro
Kill Ornstein first then fatfuck
>>
>>382954165
Yeah

Alternatively, do it solo, inlike Dark Souls 2 multibosses that are designed to be fought with other players, O&S are designed to be taken by 1 player. Just use the broken pillars to CC
>>
>>382958772
>Kill Ornstein first then fatfuck
This triggers the leofags
>>
>>382954165
use the pillars. keep them away from each other. it's much easier 2nd phase if you kill ornstein first.
>>382956292
>summoning
>ever
nah
>>
>>382959205
you're a telling lies
Killing biggie first is so much fucking easier
>>
>>382954165
Ditch your shield and 2-hand your weapon, strafe around them and kill ornstein first whenever he comes close. Super smough is piss easy
>>
>>382961257
I highly disagree. Big O has so much fucking reach, is fast as fuck still and has lightning fucking everywhere. Big S is slow and predictable.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.