[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you keep from getting burnt out on a game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Artoris Lagaan.jpg (456KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Artoris Lagaan.jpg
456KB, 1920x1080px
I have been playing games all my life, but as of late, I have been getting burnt out on games I typically enjoy. I got tired of Dark Souls 2, FTL, Nuclear Throne, Rocket League, Killing Floor 2, and many more games that I generally enjoy. How can I keep this from happening?
>>
Don't play them as much. If you play them a lot you will get burnt out, there's just no avoiding that, unless you are a complete autist.
>>
I should have clarified. I am getting burnt out much quicker and easier than I used to. It would take me a good long while to get burnt out, but now it's after maybe an hour or just 1 game in some cases.
>>
>>382953546
It's called getting older. You're realizing that video games are kind of a waste of time.
>>
Moderation is the key. Without moderation any reward becomes a routine.
>>
The amount of fun you have will depend on two things exactly: the ability of the game to provide fun and your ability to receive it.

Assuming you are good at picking your video games, you also need to make sure you are in your prime condition. The more health problems you have, the more unresolved problems trouble you in more life, the less fun you will have. Sort out your shit.

Also, smoke weed - I'm not joking, it has the power to make you feel like you are playing games for the first time in your life.
>>
>>382954456
I gave up smoking weed, because of how it affected my relationship with my fiancé. I remember it being fun to play some games though while high
>>
>>382953241
I have that problem with al the souls games. I quit about 65% through every game, not because they're too hard but they're just genuinely too long.
>>
>>382955145
Good for you. Trying jogging or working out and see if that helps.
>>
>>382955379
I get why people don't like the souls games. They really are kinda long, if you want to do PVP they are grindy, and the combat can get repetitive.

I personally love them, but they can be improved upon
>>
I play almost all the games I'll ever play when they come out, so when summer comes, I get really fucking bored.
>>
>>382953241
>and many more games that I generally enjoy
Are you playing lots of games that you generally enjoy?

Try leaving the ol comfort zone anon. Pick up something new.

Alternatively you just need more to do with your time than vidya
>>
>>382955563
Don't get me wrong, I love them all, and I've played through Bloodborne, DS3 and 2, but I come to realize the latter half of those games just really drag.
>>
>>382955468
>this
Video games are so rewarding after exercise.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.