[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Somebody fucking explain to me why do normies like cinematic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: rise of the.jpg (759KB, 3300x1900px) Image search: [Google]
rise of the.jpg
759KB, 3300x1900px
Somebody fucking explain to me why do normies like cinematic games where it's almost impossible to die and where everything is automatic?

I simply don't understand the appeal, I really don't, they're not watching a movie, but they're barely playing the game. Shit like pic related where Lara always jumps as far as she needs to, and if you even miss the timing, the game simply says "lol fuck it you're not going to die" and magically, magnetically pulls you to the closest ledge.

As if that wasn't enough, the enemies are dumb as shit, and you're given like 300 perks where you become some major god of killing.

Just whats the appeal here? There's no challenge, there's no sense of reward, it's just like those theme park rides that are just a straight ride
>>
It looks cool and instant gratification. Instant gratification is also why carrot on a stick progression like in cod multiplayer is so popular.
>>
>>382952093
>it's just like those theme park rides that are just a straight ride

You just answered your own question.
>>
>>382952093
Lara is sexy as fuck.
>>
File: 2a870614fd2e.jpg (311KB, 1476x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2a870614fd2e.jpg
311KB, 1476x1000px
>>382952093
Cinematic games have the best graphics and show off the power the ps4. Back the ps2 days it was action games and hack and slash games that showed off the power of the console.
>>
>>382952093
babbys first next gen console
im pretty sure youre late as fuck to point this out, even normies are tired of that shit.
>>
>>382952093
Classic tomb raiders are much better games in general compared to this, but if you think rotr is some easy automatic movie game you clearly haven't played it on either a) the hardest difficulty or b) using the card challenges
>>
this game went to the dogs in the last four chapters
>>
Only nu males play this shit

Normies play battlefield/cod, fifa/madden, LoL, Uncharted, mario kart, and smash
>>
>>382954008
an important distinction t b h

normies dont care about game critique, only whether their friends/fav streamers are playing it or not.
>>
File: 756432.png (291KB, 443x329px) Image search: [Google]
756432.png
291KB, 443x329px
>>382953243
thiiis
>>
>>382953879
I beat it in the hardest difficulty, the game is piss easy, what the fuck are you talking about? You literally have like 15 full heals at every moment, not to mention you use these in half a second, not to mention its super easy to pull headshots, not to mention even if you don't, everyone dies in like 2 hits
>>
>>382954008

Uncharted and ROTR are basically the same, minus the large areas of ROTR
>>
>>382952093
>Somebody fucking explain to me why do normies like cinematic games where it's almost impossible to die and where everything is automatic?
vegan diet and liberalism. Veganism makes you weak and effeminate
Exactly why most women are incapable of playing anything other than Uncharted and Tomb Raider
That said Uncharted has more gameplay than ROTR which has more QTEs than Heavy Rain
>>
You mean Like Horizon Zero Dawn ?
>>
>>382953879

Rise of the tomb raider is definitely not hard in any difficulty, what kind of shitter are you?
>>
>>382954327
What exactly are you complaining about? Are you not aware medkits existed in all tomb raider games, and that even in the old games they are used in "half a second" by literally pausing the game to do so? So if you have a problem with the way medkits are done in rotr then by your own logic you must not like the way they were used in any of the other games. Also, you neglected to respond to my last point, which is if you WANT a harder challenge - use the cards. And if you have a problem with that you may as well be complaining that difficulty options exist in the first place
>>
File: 1495832995686.jpg (11KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1495832995686.jpg
11KB, 251x242px
>>382953879
>Normies actually believe this
And I suppose you need to be literally god to defeat Doom 1 and 2 on ultra-violence or higher as well.
>>
>>382955342
The old games had a persistent health bar and you could lose HP in other ways outside of Combat. In the new ones you heal outside of combat on the hardest difficulties.

Medkit supply was also much more limited in the old games, if you spammed them too much you would run out of them, also not all of them healed you 100%. In ROTR the supplies to make medkits are readily available and they respawn in like 1 hour in game. You're an idiot for even comparing the two, but of course I didnt expect much from someone who considers "ride of the ezpzrider" to be remotely challenging
>>
How does this game compare to previous TR? I liked it.
>>
>>382957078
It's pretty different and completely casualised, you might cry at the old game's difficulty
>>
>>382956847
>heal outside of combat on the hardest difficulties.
no, you don't. Play it on the difficulty above survivor. If you consider healing at campsites to be casualized then you may as well be mad that you can save scum in classic TR

>if you spammed them too much you would run out of them
Literally all you need to do is backflip melee or dodge roll behind gunners to not get hit. The classic tomb raider games can be finished quite readily without ever needing to touch a single medkit.

>considers "ride of the ezpzrider" to be remotely challenging
My point is not that the game is challenging, my point is stop complaining it's easy when there are options to make it harder if you so wish. Again you seem to pretend the card challenges don't exist lol.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.