[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone here unironically like all 3 of these consoles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 181
Thread images: 30

File: xboxconsoles.jpg (101KB, 968x667px) Image search: [Google]
xboxconsoles.jpg
101KB, 968x667px
anyone here unironically like all 3 of these consoles?
>>
i guess not, damn....
>>
t. american
>>
idiort
>>
The original Xbox was the unofficial Dreamcast 2. Its Japan-based library is small but stellar. with stuff like Jet Set Radio Future, Steel Battalion, Otogi, Ninja Gaiden Black etc.
>>
>>382939891
I liked the Xbox and the 360, couldn't give a shit about the XB1.
>>
Me. Xbox is my favorite console brand.
>>
The xbox was the first console to actually make sense but they fuck it up with paid online.
>>
>>382939891
I like them
>>
i like them because i do not own them
>>
I will never understand why the xbox brand gets too much unnecessary hate. It's like there always been a huge baised against them since the og xbox days. At least microsoft trying and working hard to stay relevant unlike nintendo.
>>
>>382939891
I HAVE all three: one HUEG, two 360's, a One and a One S Gears Edition.
>>
>>382942792
they fucked up with the xbox one but phil spencer is doing a great job recovering the console and i hope he invests in more 1st party studios. i think people just need to realize that recovering a console is a slow process .
>>
>>382939891
I have all 3 of them plugged in right now.
>>
>>382941865

xbox has always been great
>>
>>382939891
yes.
>>
>>382939891
I think Xbox has a chance to bring it back to the 360 era with price cuts and more First Party stuff, I also think Play Anywhere will be nixxed soon.
>>
File: Lost-Odyssey.jpg (208KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Odyssey.jpg
208KB, 800x600px
>>382939891
The OG xbox and 360 library until 2010 are literally god tier. Dead Rising, Ninja Gaiden 2, Vesperia (in the west), Halo 3, this game, PS3 could never compete. I have a bone, it's meh, I find myself using it just for BC. I'm playing through pic related on it right now
>>382942792
The Xbone destroyed it's reputation and most of /v/ hates Xbox because it's a western console.
>>
>>382942792
They're recovering slowly, Halo is even slowly recovering.
>>
File: xbla.png (254KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
xbla.png
254KB, 600x400px
>>382944375
>all those comfy netflix party mode sessions
>first time playing 1 vs 100
>all those underrated gems on the XBLA
360 was so good
>>
>>382944358
>I also think Play Anywhere will be nixxed soon.
I hope not, I use it all the time and hopefully this fantastic and pro-consumer move from MS isn't axed because of whiney forum dwellers/sony fanboys using it as console war ammo.
>>
>>382939891
I don't hate any of them, but in hindsight the original was pretty lame. The 360 and the x-bone were both solid though. I still have my one hooked up.
>>
>>382939891
They're my strong Number 2, behind my Nintendo systems. I have my Box, 360 and One all hoooked up to my TV right now. Whenever I am NOT playing a Nintendo titles, 9 times out of 10, I am playing on an Xbox.
>>
>>382945208
This, Halo and Metroid are 2 of my favorite frachises.
>>
>>382944973
I have a feeling the next Xbox will be amazing, or very good at the very least. Mattrick is gone, Kinect taught them a lesson to never rely on gimmicks, and they learned what horrible DRM in a console will do to your reputation, and yeah, while Scalebound was cancelled (honestly I'm glad it was. It looked like shit and most likely would have been Kamiya's first mediocre game), Phil is definitely trying to salvage the console. BC all the way back to the original xbox, Digital refunds with same rules as Steam, and he seems to be doing an alright job of getting Japanese game ports on it. If Code Vein, Monster Hunter World, and that new Valkyria game released in 2014ish I doubt they would be on the Xbox one. The only thing I'm not sure I agree with is putting every single game on Windows 10. Yeah it's great, the cross-buy is nice too, but they're making their own console irrelevant. Maybe they'll stop when they realise nobody buys games on the Windows store. Meanwhile, arrogant Sony is coming back, trashing BC, cross-play, thinking they would win E3 by showing shitty ass FFXV fishing and TV shit...

Also the "third console curse" where a company's third console is always shit will be over.
>>
>>382944973
>indies and netflix
wow
>>
>>382946771
Party mode on netflix was a great feature, fuck em for removing it, and the best XBLA games were not indies
>>
>>382939891
Xbox has always been a great place to game even now but shit posters and Sony pajeets own /v. My ps4 gets way less play time than my bone.
>>
>>382939891
Well Halo's fun I guess and they have some good multiplats...
>>
>>382944375
At least xbox got the best naruto game. Is it because xbox doesn't get those shimigami tensei and persona games that's why it's called western console? It got the last good tales of game before series went down hill in quality and production value. xbox 360 and one got all the dark souls games, dragon ball z games, Suda 51 memes, capcom games and square Enix games except for dragon Quest games.
>>
File: Why.png (19KB, 235x285px) Image search: [Google]
Why.png
19KB, 235x285px
>>382939891
I just realized, besides sharing most of their libraries, the Xbone and the PS4 even look almost the same, aesthetics-wise.

I miss when consoles were radically different from each other.
>>
>>382942050
And people fucked further by actually paying it.
>>
the One is absolutely atrocious
360 was alright, not having a Blu Ray drive hurted it tho, also the controller was a piece of shit
OG was OK, PS2 was a strong hardware to compete anyways
>>
X360 is pretty okay as a cheap replacement for a pc if you were into multiplat titles during his life
>>
>>382947429
>I miss when consoles were radically different from each other.
so 4th and 5th gen? i guess you can argue the dreamcast and gamecube were different than the xbox and ps2
>>
I like my one but I plan on buying a PS4 soon. But I'm keeping the one also. I might even trade the one in and cop a Scorpio and PS4 pro at the same damn time.
>>
>>382947918
Just buy the base PS4 if you get the scorpio.
>>
OG Xbox was a must have for me back when it came out. It was a fantastic system. I owned all three consoles back then and it got the most use. 360 was okay and xbox one is decent I guess. I like how it just resumes my game as soon as I power up. My ps4 doesn't seem to do it. Maybe I'm doin it wrong
>>
>>382947842
Basically, but I also meant the hardware aesthetics, up until last generation they were wildly different.
>>
>>382947289
It's mainly because MS always advertised Halo and Gears of war the most, even when they had games like Vesperia coming out. (which sounds like Sony today but I guess they are still a very Japanese company according to /v/) Also because shooters always sell the most on Xbox. As for SMT and Persona not being on xbox... Atlus is just a very very Japanese (can't think of any other word) company and thus they do not release on Xbox or PC. Except for Catherine on 360, I have no idea why they did that but I'm glad they did. The Persona 4 fighting games are also on 360 but I know Atlus did not make them. Maybe the reason the main Persona games arent on Xbox is because they may have been too scarred by that SMT game on the original Xbox that failed so bad it almost killed them.
>>
>>382948172
>. I owned all three consoles back then
there was four
>>
File: 1484724884557.jpg (72KB, 768x517px) Image search: [Google]
1484724884557.jpg
72KB, 768x517px
i have them all. the og xbox was one of the first consoles i had.
i grew up playing halo and call of duty
and now im here on /v/, sharing a board with ultra pretentious weaboos and such. AMA
>>
>>382948414

I don't count the Dreamcast breh but I did own a Dreamcast with over 100 original games. I went hard as fuck on Dreamcast. I remember having stacks of games to play while people overpaid for ps2s with no games for the first year.
>>
>>382939891
Yes they're great, I still use my xbone for netflix, youtube, and other shit because the os is fucking nice. Though it's a pain to constantly change cables since I use my ps4 to play digimon cyber sleuth and next order.

Consoles are ok in my book tbqh.
>>
>>382939891
I had a hueg Xbox and 360. Enjoyed both for whst they were. Don't own a Xbone, and don't plan on buying one. Microsoft really needs to make some exclusive titles for it. Until they do, I see no reason to buy one.
>>
The pro is a terrible investment imo. Just because you get better resolution doesn't mean your getting better graphics, performance or fps. The game only that was worthy of my pro investment is still rise of the tomb raider.
>>
>>382948919
>Though it's a pain to constantly change cables since I use my ps4 to play digimon cyber sleuth and next order.
You can use the HDMI pass thru in the back for that.
>>
>>382939891
I do, but I only like the one for its backwards compatibility and UI
>>
File: 13544917.gif (499KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
13544917.gif
499KB, 180x135px
>>382939891
Xbox is good.
Xbox is life.

Jump in.
>>
>>382947637
>atrocious
no, sony is, not the ps4, but sony
just browse neogaf to see
>>
I love the first one, but Microshit hardware looks like has never been reliable, the disc tray of mine it's always fucked.
>>
Never really had a problem with Xbox. Playstation is just what I had first so the format feels more natural to me, and Ive never seen a need to own a PS, a PC, AND an Xbox.

My only complaint is the original controllers were way too bulky
>>
>>382951201
I love my 360 but my disc tray is fucked up, I would sometimes have to push it in a little just for it to open. I can't tell if it gets stuck because of dust or if I need to keep pressing it down when it's open. I usually press it down a couple of times and open it and close it a couple of times before I play my games again.
>>
loved the original it was the first new console i owned the 360 is also stellar

can't say the same for xbone as i couldn't name you a handful of titles for it
>>
>>382948172
There were 4 consoles back then, retard
>>
>xbox
jsrf, panzer orta... and not much else.
>360
great selection of jap shmups, lost odyssey, utterly terrible hardware... not much else
>bone
one of the worst consoles ever made. absolutely laughable. complete shit.
>>
>>382953325
one of the worst consoles ever made is a pretty big stretch, don't you think? why is one of the worst consoles ever made the only one with BC? why is it the only one that lets you get refunds on digital purchases? it's just a mediocre console, /v/ made you think everything is a 10/10 or 0/10
>>
original xbox is kino
>>
>>382953325
>xbox one
>worst console
I think you are forgetting the Virtual Boy, buddy
>>
>>382954917
The Virtual Boy unironically has more good exclusives than the Xbone
>b-but exclusives don't matter
The only reason to own a console is for exclusives, if a console doesn't have good exclusives then it's trash unless it has amazing homebrew/emulation capabilities
>>
>>382939891
Why would you ironically like anything?
>>
>>382944973
360 was great until they removed all of those things, jacked the price of XBL Gold up and stopped trying to forge positive relations with Japanese developers and gamers
>>
File: d4.jpg (103KB, 805x456px) Image search: [Google]
d4.jpg
103KB, 805x456px
They're a console brand that is ruined by a few things but mainly Japan being full retard. They brushed off the original Xbox for so many retarded reasons that there's too many to count. Some quotes given were "It's black and black is the color of death" which doesn't make any sense. "X is the letter of death" but it's okay for the PS2 controller to have a button which is apparently the death button. They rejected it because "It's foreign" despite there being tons of great Japanese games on the system. Instead of supporting the system in order to essentially get Sega back in the market in a roundabout way. On top of all this, and this is the thing that makes me the most pissed. They constantly lobby the US government to never put any kind of restriction on them buying up US companies or tariffs on their products, but will lobby their own government to make it impossible for western companies to start up Japanese game studios. Not even buy existing studios, just start new ones. This came to a head during the 360 era when MS basically funded the creation of multiple studios like Feelplus and Mistwalker which they knew couldn't even become first party just to try and get Japanese support and then the Japanese just ended up being indignant shits.
>>
>>382948243
>Except for Catherine
Don't forget Spectral Force 3 and Operation Darkness
>>
>>382953325
t. sonygro that has never owned xbox consoles
>>
File: SMT9.png (177KB, 256x342px) Image search: [Google]
SMT9.png
177KB, 256x342px
>>382948243
SMT was on Xbox though. Atlus fully butchered the launch of it by removing it's online component which is retarded as that was one of the main selling points of the Xbox.
>>
xbox is shit
>>
>>382953014

Dreamcast was fucking dead before that gen even started. I owned that too you fucking faggot.
>>
File: 360e.jpg (25KB, 437x704px) Image search: [Google]
360e.jpg
25KB, 437x704px
I'm lucky enough to not have gone through the problems others have suffered with the 360. besides one of the eject button's stickers falling off.
>>
>>382956848
This game really pisses me off
>gives Xbox a chance
>make the worst SMT game
>leave it incomplete, pretty much half of it is missing and no online
>"welp it didn't sell, it's the baka gaijin Box's fault"
>stops supporting the brand altogether
It's like the fucking nips do it on purpose. Sega localized that piece of shit Valkyria Revolution on xbone instead of good games. With SE, Final Fantasy XIII, Type-0, and XV made it to xbone but they're shit, while the remake of XII (a decent FF for once) and Dragon Quest XI don't go to xbone.
>>
>>382957646
It's almost like the Japanese just expect things to succeed because they have their brand on the box. Remember when Capcom basically said "Capcom fans will buy Capcom games no matter the quality"?
>>
>>382957125
That gen started with the Dreamcast retarded cocksucker
>>
>>382939891
Nothing wrong with the OG Xbox or even the 360. I loved the 360's old school blades dashboard, which MS didn't kill that.
>>
>>382958179

Dreamcast was a tweener console. It was probably my most played console of all time. I loved it but its not even fair to compare it to the other three. I lived through it. Got mine on 9/9/99 at toys r us. What are you, 16?
>>
File: 1482895194670.png (470KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482895194670.png
470KB, 1920x1080px
>>382939891
The Xbox and Xbox 360 had some absolutely GOAT weebshit that you'll never be able to experience anywhere else. Might end up buying a Xbone if the backwards comparability memes mean anything.
>>
>>382958818
I'm almost 30 and I remember having the Dreamcast mainly because I was and still am to this day a huge Gundamfag. Gundam Rise from Ashes/0079 Side Story but also Power Stone are all I remember from it.
>>
>>382939891

I liked 360 up until it started to not like turning on.
>>
>>382957125
Funny thing library-wise it got only surpassed by the ps2 in like 2005.
>>
Aside from the Halo games, Stubbs the Zombie, and Ninja Gaiden, I don't really have any positive memories of the original XB.

As far as I'm concerned, the 360 was the best console of that generation, although it was admittedly kind of a shitty generation in hindsight.

Despite owning one, I'm having a hard time justifying the Xbone's existence. Don Mattric basically torpedoed the thing before it even launched, and Phil Spencer has been unsuccessfully trying to plug the leaks ever since. The only reason I ever turn mine on is to occasionally play MCC, and to play Destiny with my friends, though I would much rather be playing it on PS4.
>>
>>382958554
>360 blades dashboard
Man that thing was the bees knees. Why did they get rid of it?

>>382959185
No Shenmue? No Panzer Dragoon? Forza? OG Xbox only had Halo 1 and 2, 360 is when the franchise post 2007 needed to sustain it with ODST, Reach, Halo CE anniversary edition, and 4 plus Halo Wars 1. MechAssault 1 and 2 were also great on the OG.
>>
>>382955712
Wow, the Japanese are assholes.
>>
>>382947289
This got a sequel, right? Was it as good as Rise of a Ninja?
>>
all 3 of them are great, /v/ will shit on the xb1 but just like the 360 the playerbase was much better at launch. since the original xbox all my friends have played xbox,360,xb1 for multiplayer, a couple friends also have ps4s that theyll play some single player games on. if you dont have friends this post will not make any sense to you and im sorry for that
>>
>>382959327
>OG Xbox only had Halo 1 and 2, 360 is when the franchise post 2007 needed to sustain it with ODST, Reach, Halo CE anniversary edition, and 4 plus Halo Wars 1
Not him but agreed, I would have been fine with Halo 4 in 2012 but Microsoft went mad after Halo 3 starting with Halo Wars in 2009. I wasn't in to RTS so I didn't care for Halo Wars, and ODST and Reach were shit. I was tired of all these garbage Halo games and was just begging for the return of the Master Chief especially since Bungie started turning Halo all gritty and shit.
>>
>>382962459

Xbox online was always better than other consoles. Xbox Live used to be well worth the price too.
>>
>>382956404
No, those are just published by Atlus. Catherine is the only true Atlus made game on 360 and I'll never understand why they made that port, as it came out well into the 360's Kinect shit days. But I'll always be glad they did put it on 360, and even allowed it to be BC on the Xbone. Maybe they just did it for the 360 and PS3 boxart joke
>>
>>382962843
ODST was great and I thought Reach was alright.
>>
>>382963069
To me they felt off for Halo game especially after Halo 1-3. The slow movement speed, film grain, and other problems made those games not age well to me.
>>
Honestly I think most of the hate comes from sonygros "getting their revenge" for all the PS3 has no games memes they endured from 360 people.
>>
>>382963191
I thought the reason for this in Reach was because they were using older and less advanced armors and in ODST you are a normal human relatively speaking which is why we had that great return of healthbars.
>>
>>382963253
sony still doesn't have any games
>>
File: Flood Combat form.png (3MB, 1920x2450px) Image search: [Google]
Flood Combat form.png
3MB, 1920x2450px
>>382962843
>ODST and Reach were garbage
I mean you're entitled to your opinion but I think ODST and Reach were the perfect example of how to follow up Halo 3. Halo 4 shouldn't have been about Chief at all. They constantly talk about making Halo into a "universe" like Star Wars but the main reason Star Wars became a property that people viewed as a "universe" was because not every game, book, comic, or movie was about Luke and Han Solo. They should have gone full bonkers with spin offs instead of instantly reviving Chief. I hope to god them putting up the money for Halo Wars 2 is a vision of the future of the games. Even though that Halo: Gravemind thing was a fake I would have killed to have that. There's so much they could do with the Halo Universe but they limited it to shooters when they should have grown it. The opportunities are there, and they've already teamed up with Creative Assembly who would be absolutely perfect to make another one of them.
>Alien: Isolation first person horror game where you play as a human during the flood landing on earth in Halo 3. Use the item management from RE games
>Xcom style tactics game (still surprised they haven't done this with Gears of War as it would fit perfectly with Gears focus on cover)
>Action hack and slash game playing as Arbiter
>Space exploration game
>>
>>382963461
>tfw last Halo game I played was Halo CE Anniversary
>never played 4 or 5 or HW2
All I know is I heard from hearsay here that people constantly bash 343 Studios for shitting the bed with 4's story and something else entirely with 5.

I do think besides the original, ODST and 3 are my favorites. Never got the hate with Reach outside of the whole sub-class thing it had going for it in MP. I guess too many /v/irgins got wrecked by armor lock spammers.
>>
>>382963603
5 is awesome don't let some sonygros convince you otherwise
>>
>>382939891
Xone sucks dick
the other are fine
>>
>>382963725
What makes 5 awesome but 4 shit though?
>>
File: F3B.jpg (378KB, 1482x1000px) Image search: [Google]
F3B.jpg
378KB, 1482x1000px
>>382955712
I don't understand why weebs defend their pathetic laziness within the Japanese devs. I don't hate jap devs but they were a joke in the 7th generation. Japanese are still playing catch up since 7th gen because they refused to adapt to modern tech and engines. Only Namco, crapcom and square Enix are companies/publishers that are actually trying move forward.
>>
The original Xbox had the best versions of any multiplats and had some pretty solid exclusives like JSRF and Halo but the exclusive library paled in comparison to the gamecube and ps2

The Xbox 360 also had the best multiplats and a way better exclusive library

Xbox One has the worst multiplats and any worthwhile exclusives were fucked up or abandoned
>>
>>382963364
ODST at least made sense even though it slowed the game down heavily, Reach didn't make sense at all due to Master Chief wearing the same armor in Halo and was far more mobile. What also annoyed me about ODST was the HDR bloom lighting which combined with the grain filter made things too bland and bright while Reach with its muted colors is the only Halo with a purple Needler.

>>382963461
Not really, at the time ODST and Reach made people tired of Halo, I was there I know what was going on at the time. Both games were the main reason people moved on to COD.
>>
>>382939891
Right here. Although frankly, the biggest appeal of the XB1 to me is the BC features. I just dont really see that many good games being made this gen anymore. Playstations getting the same anime shovelware and movies, xbox has all the shooters and sports, and nintendo has the same games but with less content on the same terrible gimmicky consoles. Still, I do have a lot of sentimental value to my xbox account and enjoy playing with my friends.
>>
The Xbox systems had some of my favorite games. Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Jade Empire, Ninety-nine Nights, Jet Set Radio Future, Gears of War, Fable, Crackdown.

They've made some really good games on their systems
>>
>>382964157
ODST was intended to be a expansion and side-story to 3. Microsoft was the one who also pushed Bungie into making it a full game which Bungie did not and was not willing to do, they've said it themselves.

I don't think there was a fatigue for Halo until Reach or after it.
>>
>>382963603
>people constantly bash 343 Studios for shitting the bed with 4's story and something else entirely with 5.
This isn't without merit, but the sad thing is that most of the problems with Halo 4s story isn't even 343s fault, it's the shitty subwriters they keep hiring. The actual premise of Halo 4 involving Cortanas rampancy is brilliant and could have set up Halo 5 perfectly with Chief no longer having Cortana and instead being reunited with Blue team. Instead the stupid Didact bullshit got shoved into the story adding borderline magic and a bunch of other shit that bloated the story when it should have been incredibly simple, intimate, and small scale.
>Crash land on Requiem
>Cortanas freaking out due to rampancy
>Whole goal is to get off the shield world and find a way home to hopefully save Cortana by meeting up with Halsey somehow
>Forerunner AI monitoring Requiem flips shit once it realizes a malfunctioning AI is messing with Systems on Requiem and as a result sicks sentinels (this would give an opportunity to flesh out the sentinels as they've remained basically untouched from Halo CE)
>Pirate cruiser crashes on planet also seeks a way off the planet and as a result comes into conflict with chief
>Long stretches of being alone with only Cortana gives chance to really delve deep into character and if levels are designed right give the same sense of scale as Halo CE did when you were on Halo
>Forerunner AI gives you a chance as a writer to possibly flesh out the background of the Forerunners without having to go too indepth
Instead we got Darth Vader and an army of Tron Bionicles.
>>
File: IMG_0572.jpg (604KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0572.jpg
604KB, 2048x1536px
>>382939891

I like my bone. I will get a One X because I'm not a poorfag. Owned all 3 gens. All my friends and coworkers have Xbox so we get 2-3 squads going in BF1 and it's a blast. Also I just like the controller more. PS controllers feel like shit to me and I played all last of us on a PS3 I used to have

I kinda wanna play bloodborne but I heard it was From's worst game. Fight me faggots.
>>
>>382964310
Yeah I know Microsoft were stupid, this was when Don Mattrick was in charge.
>>
>>382953325
>>382954917
You're both imbeciles. Want to know a real BAD console? Fucking Mattel HyperScan. Stop being hyperbolic.
>>
>>382957646
>It's like the fucking nips do it on purpose.
Gee, you don't say?
It's a cultural thing ,they win brownie points from Sony by fucking up the Xbox
>>
>>382964290
>Bioware will never make a sequel
>ea will never publish and fund a sequel.
>stuck focusing on the star wars normie audience.
>>
>>382958554
>>382959327
they added more and more shit to the blades and it got too cluttered, the NXE was actually pretty good and gets a lot of unncessary hate. the kinect dashboard is fucking retarded though, if you were the type of fag who owned a lot of themes you were fucked because the dashboard covered the entire thing
>>
>>382955712
>MS funds Mistwalker
>Mistwalker make a pretty good RPG
>For the Wii
Holy shit, you can't make this shit up.
>>
>>382964428
I wouldn't say it's Froms worst game, but it's definitely not their best in my opinion. It has a tonne of problems people fail to state for some reason such as
>Warping from the start which dis-incentivizes actually exploring
>Lack of variety in terms of weapons
>Lack of variety in terms of bosses (99% of which are just big docs or monsters which almost exclusively use wild flailing attacks that last for 10 seconds straight and will stunlock you to fuck and back)
>No reason for stats to even exist as there's basically no variety and no real reason to use magic as it's borderline impossible to do a full magic playthrough on your first go
>No way to do full ranged playthrough
>Every encounter plays out pretty much the same way due to no real ranged or defensive options
People will say BB was more of an action game but if it is it just makes me think I should play Ninja Gaiden 2 instead as it handled super gory dash and slash combat better.
>>
Quick. Post the first wave of xbox games you want BC on xbox one coming this fall (probably november). Keep in mind crimson skies and fuzion frenzy are already confirmed

For me its
Halo 2
JSRF
Sonic Heroes
Ninja Gaiden Black
Either Dead or Alive 3 or Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
>>
>>382965235
PSO episode 1&2. I don't even give a shit if the servers don't work.
>>
>>382965330
Didnt you need an xbox account to even play offline? I only played the gamecube one, did the xbox one have offline splitscreen? Thats the only value i could see to playing it and not ephinea
>>
>>382947289
Fuck that retardedly broken game. Hardcrashes when you get hit by a fucking log and the only way to fix it is to download the DLC.
>>
>>382965463
Nope. I played exclusively offline with my sister and neighbors over splitscreen and didn't have Xbox live until like 2006.
>>
>>382964983
MS and Nintendo are like best buddies anyway so no hard feelings
>>
>>382939891
no like xbone
>>
>>382939891
Original/360 yes. This entire GEN is terrible, the bone, ps4, and the switch. EVERY game is either sub 1080p, sub 60fps, LOADED with micro transactions, a remake/remaster, this retarded "season pass/DLC" trend where the price of a "season pass" is damn near close to the price of the full damn game itself and includes MAYBE a couple multiplayer maps or a few missions... You could probably count the amount of actual "worth while" DLC packs for EVERY game released this gen on one hand...
numerous occasions of actually having CUT content from the game to be resold at a later date. Apparently EVERY fucking game has to be open world these days, loaded with a bunch of side/mini quests that the majority of people couldnt give a shit for to pad out the game to make it feel longer...
There seems to be a switch in gaming lately where the devs APPEAR to be noticing that this DLC shit is actually tearing their userbase apart and in the long run actually killing their games, and they seem to be switching to making their money through means of cosmetic micro transactions, which im ok with, because so long as the spent money doesnt actually effect gameplay i dont care how much money you dump in to the game.... But i want to see this trend continue, if it doesn't, i feel like gaming will be dead within the foreseeable future.
>>
File: xbox-1394766128.jpg (1MB, 3120x2138px) Image search: [Google]
xbox-1394766128.jpg
1MB, 3120x2138px
>>382965235
Jade empire
Gladius
Darkwatch
Bloodrayne games
Buffy vampire slayer
Sudeki
>>
>>382964407
Now that Brian Reed is gone, I hope Halo 6 ends up being better since all future Halo games will be focusing on the Master Chief.
>>
>>382965583
Arent they like down the street from each other in redmond washington?
>>
>>382965583
Rocket League online being cross-platform between Switch and Xbox/PC actually surprises me. I wonder if MS and Nintendo are seriously considering something to fight Sony and MS gain ground in Japan.
>>
File: 360.jpg (60KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
360.jpg
60KB, 1000x1000px
i dont care what /v/ says the 360 won 7th gen. those first five years were way better than the entire wii or ps3 lifespan
>>
File: sunset-overdrive-chaos-squad.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sunset-overdrive-chaos-squad.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Am I the only one who liked this game? Sure the writing from absolutely abhorrently terrible but the gameplay was alot of fun. Maybe I just have an irrational boner for open world games with traversal that isn't just driving/walking everywhere.
>>
File: 1432269968630.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1432269968630.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>382966019
Post yfw the reason Retro isn't working on MP4 is because they're making Banjo Threeie for both
>>
>>382965536
I see, thats good to know. I assume thats the best console version of the game then. But since they havent made PSU 360 BC yet, I doubt they would bring back PSO. Since they are very online reliant games to many

>>382965794
Gladius and bloodrayne...I like you. Man its been a while since ive heard those
>>
>>382966178
I remember this game being advertised EVERYWHERE. Even kids wanted the game here, what happened?
>>
>>382942006
Same. Loved the original and 360 but the bone has done nothing for me. Not a single exclusive I'm interested in, and it was dead in the water with its launch Big Brother issues.
>>
>>382966305
I don't remember people really reacting positively to it here. I just remember people saying the game looked too slow and edgy.
>>
File: YESYES.gif (1021KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
YESYES.gif
1021KB, 288x162px
>>382966274
And they get both David Wise and Grant Kirkhope to make the OST with some minor assistance from Kenji Yamamoto.
>>
>>382966305
years and years of xbox getting just halo, gears, and forza brainwashed xbots into buying just those games. anything else MS gets exclusive, will simply not sell
>>
The original Xbox was a good console. Halo and Halo 2 were great experiences.

The 360 was easily the best console of its gen. The exclusives were great, and third parties flocked to it, so we got some great games in that aspect.

I have no need for an Xbone since getting back into PC gaming, especially with MS porting all their previous exclusives over to PC.
>>
File: 20170626_191316.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170626_191316.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>382965646
Sub open and linear level design were always better than open world meme imo. The amount of attention to detail and polish in sub/linear games are greatly superior than to blandness in open world games. You can't find decent remarkable side quests or good objectives in open world games. Most open world games even lack proper difficulty or good boss battles that hit sponges.
>>
File: berri_dance.gif (725KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
berri_dance.gif
725KB, 320x240px
>tfw i have all 3 Xboxes connected to my t.v. along with my ps3 and ps2
Feels good man
>>
>>382963461
I always dreamed of a FPS where we play as a sanghelli and fight through the history of the Covenant up to the beginning of Halo 1. That and a class-based shooter similar to SWBF where you select one of five units and get to play as the main covenant cast versus various human military types. Closest thing I got to this was a mod for Halo 1 where I body-swap with any AI I touched... But I couldn't move past the chunk it loaded inside of so it was pointless outside of clearing arenas
>>
>>382965583
The day we finally get a Halo X Metroid game staring Samus Aran and the Master Chief will be a great day.
>>
>>382939891
I owned them all. The original Xbox was great. Usually had the best version of multiplats and also a bunch of great exclusives. 360 was the best console of it's gen until Kinect happened and PS3 overtook it thanks to the Japanese developers. Xbone was a fucking mistake and after well over a year of it collecting dust I got rid of it.
>>
>>382967008
Too good to be true, otherwise I agree
>>
>>382966178
It was supposed to be Dead Rising on steroids. The game was hyped until release and disappeared in a flash. Don't even know if the game was good or not with how quickly it fell out of relevance.
>>
>>382948464
>i'm proud for being a completely retard

Heh, nothing outside the expected for a kekebox
>>
>>382967008
That's sorta what Halo 4 was originally going to be. A bunch of Retro guys worked on Halo 4 but the idea of it being a Metroid Prime like game got abandoned pretty quickly.
>>
>>382967186
It's nothing like Dead Rising. It's more like Jet Set Radio mixed with Ratchet and clank with a Prototype-esque movement system.
>>
>>382939891
IS good
>>
Did SMT NINE ever get released in the West?
>>
I was a sony guy back in the early 00's and I only played an Xbox one time at a friends house. After my PS3 got YLOD, I decided to buy a OG 360 and later a 360S. IMO the 360 is one of the best consoles ever made. Now the XBONE is a different story. It was horrible at launch and is just now finding its feet. I only use mine for the occasional multiplat and Forza. Everything else about it is just meh. Unless the XBONE X has an amazing launch with a bunch of good exclusives in its first year, PS4 will win this gen
>>
File: saturnps3xbone.jpg (11KB, 200x343px) Image search: [Google]
saturnps3xbone.jpg
11KB, 200x343px
reminder that microsoft has fallen under the "third console is shit" curse. but thankfully their fourth console will be great as made evident with the dreamcast and ps4.
>>
>>382968171
Microsoft falls under the ultra exclusive banner of "every console we've ever made is shit"
>>
>>382967290
this is what killed it for me. I loved jet set radio future but hate insomniacs shitty furry series with the terrible aiming and shooting
>>
>>382939891
Nah, but the Xbox is pretty good.
>>
>>382968256
wrong original xbox and 360 were great.
>>
>>382964790
>wanting modern bioware and ea to publish a sequel...

better they don't ruin the franchise legacy and for them to publish a sequel tiant that legacy
>>
>>382967229
I wished it was, I remember hearing about Halo 4 in 2011, it seems it changed from 2011 to 2012, I think Don Mattrick had something to do with that. I remember 343 wanted to make Halo 4 a game about discovery, exploration, and mystery yet in 2012 that turned into a Hollywood blockbuster. This also goes with Don Mattrick, TV, Sports and Movie approach with the original All in One Xbox One experience. God damn I'm glad that prick got fired.
>>
>>382968876
i think it was more than don mattrick who is at fault here. i have a hard time believing that one guy was able to fuck up an entire division and literally get away with it.
>>
>>382964790
Even thought they would probably ruin the game, I would still buy a Jade Empire sequel. Reading your post made me remember that they had KOTOR too
>>
File: LiandriDev.webm (3MB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
LiandriDev.webm
3MB, 600x420px
OG Xbox was a damn good console. Microsoft did a good job introducing it to gamers.

>fast foward to today
>microshit

feels bad.
>>
>>382969004
It was definitely him, Phil Spencer was able to change the whole landscape of the Xbox back to what it originally was a game console as soon as he took over. Phil even killed Don's creation, the Kinect in a year.
>>
File: microsfotsonc.jpg (61KB, 550x218px) Image search: [Google]
microsfotsonc.jpg
61KB, 550x218px
>>382969369
just imagine if japs made the jump to playstation to xbox. those sega games probably would have sold more which could have meant sega making more than just yakuza and sonic.
>>
>>382948243
Most of Atlus's big games aren't on Xbox because the platform is irrelevant in Japan. Always has been, and always will be. Plus the PS4 has sold far more units anyway
>>
>>382965235
Breakdown
GunValkyrie
Otogi
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
>>
Xbox huge was pretty great, but if it wasn't for Halo 1 and Halo 2 it would have been kind of crappy.

Xbox 360 is my favorite system of all time.

Xbone is a piece of fucking SHIT and the only console Ive ever bought that I actually hate and regret buying
>>
>>382965235
I'm still waiting for the other half of my 360 games to be compatible.
>>
>>382968171
The PS3 rebounded later on after price cuts, redesigns, rebranding, and actuslly having games
>>
>>382970038
its still the worst playstation console by a longshot
>>
I like them all and still have all three hooked to my TV
>>
Ninja Gaiden 2 and Phantasy Star Universe. That is all.

>>382969812
This. 360 is the best console ever.
>>
>>382939891
yes, still do and probably will always do.
>>
File: 1493164086076.jpg (67KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1493164086076.jpg
67KB, 720x715px
>>382969812
>Xbox 360 is my favorite system of all time.
The 360 was surprisingly good at the outset, but quality control issues caught up with the hardware. Microsoft didn't stick to its guns of a four year refresh window on hardware; if they did with backwards compatiblity, it would have given them a massive leg up on the stale ps3. Then Microsoft went apeshit with the advertisements, even for gold users.

>Xbone is a piece of fucking SHIT and the only console Ive ever bought that I actually hate and regret buying
Microsoft shit the bed trying to give us Steam DRM without many of the benefits. Now they're flailing around unsure if they want to try to salvage their desktops with PC gaming they helped kill or salvage their console by giving it office productivity.
>>
>>382970441
>Microsoft didn't stick to its guns of a four year refresh window on hardware
dude thats because the recession happened in 2008
>>
Any OG xbox games I should get in preparation for the Backwards Compatibility?
So far I have Jet Set Radio, Sega GT 2002, Otogi, Otogi 2, T&J III, Bloodwake, Conker L&R, and Bloodwake.
>>
>>382970842
Just get an Xbox.
>>
>>382970842
well they confirmed crimson skies will be on it so get that.
>>
>>382970842
Ninja Gaiden Black my dude
007 games are good if you still do split screen
>>
>>382939891
Which OG Xbox games do you guys want on Xbone?

If they somehow rebuild the original Xbox live, I'll buy one in a heartbeat
>>
File: xbox_297.jpg (2MB, 3218x2149px) Image search: [Google]
xbox_297.jpg
2MB, 3218x2149px
>>382970842
Don't expect obscure, unpopular or underrated games to be backwards compatible.
>>
>>382971503
>mature sexual themes
>teen

?
>>
>>382971503
if PSO went online again i would buy an xbox one on the spot. i still play it online on the dreamcast from time to time but it just isnt the same when theres like 3 people playing
>>
File: GbyinM.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
GbyinM.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>382971503
My dick......
>>
>>382939891
I loved the first two, I'm indifferent to the newest.
>>
>>382970912
I've considered it, but I think at this point i'll wait and see what Microsoft does.
>>382970946
For sure. I think I saw it for $4 at the video store the other day.
>>382971264
Split screen is fine with me. Also, what's the difference between Sigma and Black?
>>382971840
i kind of expect that. But with Phil on the helm, I trust we will get more of what people would want and less "Barbie Horse Adventures: Wild Horse Rescue".
>>
>>382970842
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
Breakdown
Brute Force
GunValkyrie
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Blinx
Blinx 2
Quantum Redshift
Shenmue 2
Crazy Taxi 3
Deathrow
Whacked
Raze's Hell
Crimson Sea
Phantom Crash
Kung-Fu Chaos
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
MechAssault
MechAssault 2
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (the 6th gen version is superior to the 7th gen/PC version)
Voodoo Vince (or just get the remaster)
Stubbs the Zombie
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Phantom Dust (or just get the remaster. It's free)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
The Warriors
Metal Arms
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
I-Ninja
Goblin Commander
Black
Thread posts: 181
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.